Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,240 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1538250 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:49am On Jul 03, 2017
inphoenix:
Only you, 3 of your friends are immigration offenders? Plus including you? Lol. grin Seriously though, just wondering the moral of your little story...Won't be surprised if immigration reforms begin to change the rules with scenarios like this. Please let's keep it positive out here. I'm also aware a spousal settlement visa will override previous visa application refusals, but I didn't think it is AUTOMATIC. Several people have been denied for several reasons, it would be foolhardy to think it is automatic upon marriage. Anyways, what do I know? I'm just a short stay visa hopeful.

I did not see this before replying him else there is no need.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 11:59am On Jul 03, 2017
@justwise I'm just looking at @sholeola23 situation - does it count that his immigration offense was committed largely while he was a minor and depended on other people to make decisions for him? Dude spent his entire life in the U.K. o! He probably just needs to appeal and explain why he should not be held responsible for an offense he probably didn't even know he was committing, being a minor. Although he has had a few years to regularize after becoming an adult, but, I must say it's a really dicey situation. Not entirely a worst case scenario, is it?

justwise:

Is either you are lying or your friend is because the UK police will never say that, they will personally call the ambulance and make sure you are treated before taking action on your case. I know a made-up story when i see one.

My point is regarding your initial comment that the visa is automatic regarding his immigration offense.

EEA visa supersedes non-EU member spouse visa application, you don't even pay for it let a lone pay for NHS or the tough financial requirements.

Work permit is far more easier and less requirements compared to spouse visa and the visa is 3 or 5yrs unlike spouse visa which is two and half years with endless documents to submit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sholeola23: 12:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

That figure is more than enough for financial requirement even with the unborn baby.

Your biggest huddle now is your immigration record which is not good at all.

If you did not pay for propriety service it takes 12 weeks or longer to get a response from them.

I know you can't go into details about those 3 refused applications and i hope you detailed them and apologized in application.

The worst case scenario is a refusal then you will be given the right to appeal which takes than a year or more if get goes to tribunal.

Please could you explain wat is bad about my immigration history. Was underage wen i went to the UK. I couldn't have had any power over any decision the. Am only trying to do the right thing by my family.

I detailed it and apologies in the application and I pray it's does not go tribunal. I really do pray. I just want it granted

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sholeola23: 12:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

That figure is more than enough for financial requirement even with the unborn baby.

Your biggest huddle now is your immigration record which is not good at all.

If you did not pay for propriety service it takes 12 weeks or longer to get a response from them.

I know you can't go into details about those 3 refused applications and i hope you detailed them and apologized in application.

The worst case scenario is a refusal then you will be given the right to appeal which takes than a year or more if get goes to tribunal.

Please could you explain wat is bad about my immigration history. Was underage wen i went to the UK. I couldn't have had any power over any decision the. Am only trying to do the right thing by my family.

I detailed it and apologies in the application and I pray it's does not go tribunal. I really do pray. I just want it granted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 12:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
inphoenix:
Only you, 3 of your friends are immigration offenders? Plus including you? Lol. grin Seriously though, just wondering the moral of your little story...Won't be surprised if immigration reforms begin to change the rules with scenarios like this. Please let's keep it positive out here. I'm also aware a spousal settlement visa will override previous visa application refusals, but I didn't think it is AUTOMATIC. Several people have been denied for several reasons, it would be foolhardy to think it is automatic upon marriage. Anyways, what do I know? I'm just a short stay visa hopeful.

Read with open mind,it is not automatic if all the requirement are not meet,but I can tell you once the requirements are meet it becomes automatic provided you have no CRIMINAL RECORD.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
inphoenix:

@justwise I'm just looking at @sholeola23 situation - does it count that his immigration offense was committed largely while he was a minor and depended on other people to make decisions for him? Dude spent his entire life in the U.K. o! He probably just needs to appeal and explain why he should not be held responsible for an offense he probably didn't even know he was committing, being a minor. Although he has had a few years to regularize after becoming an adult, but, I must say it's a really dicey situation. Not entirely a worst case scenario, is it?

Yes being a minor counts on his favour but.. the UK immigration law works differently when a minor is brought into the UK they will allow that individual to stay in the UK until the age of 17 or 18 then you will be asked to leave the UK.

His case might have been considered seriously during those previous refused applications and they still insist that he leaves the country to reenter with appropriate visa, though its tougher with a criminal record while in the UK

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2017
Sholeola23:

Were you living with your parents all your time in the UK or are they in Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sholeola23: 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2017
inphoenix:

Thank you. I was a minor and home office took complete 4 years to respond to my reconsideration by this time i was 22.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2017
justwise:

Is either you are lying or your friend is because the UK police will never say that, they will personally call the ambulance and make sure you are treated before taking action on your case. I know a made-up story when i see one.

My point is regarding your initial comment that the visa is automatic regardless of his immigration offense.

EEA visa supersedes non-EU member spouse visa application, you don't even pay for it let a lone pay for NHS or the tough financial requirements.

Work permit is far more easier and less requirements compared to spouse visa and the visa is 3 or 5yrs unlike spouse visa which is two and half years with endless documents to submit.

One of the reason I always disagree with you,TALK WITHIN WHAT YOU KNOW,I don't come online to tell a story I know nothing about,not in all situation that the police will call you an ambulance,on this occasion the guy ran away from them they pursued him and he fell down and had a fractured hand,they collected his work ID and asked him to go treat himself at the hospital....It was later discovered they took that route for them to stay out of trouble and avoid paying compensation to the guy,but he was not aware of such until he was told by his solicitor,but the guy was only afraid of been sent back to Nigeria empty handed.....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sholeola23: 12:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
justwise:

Were you living with your parents all your time in the UK or are they in Nigeria?

Was left with my step mum. dad and mum past away already. Left her to live with my aunties (no family connection just an helper) she also tried but at this time am over 18 already
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sholeola23: 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
justwise:

Yes being a minor counts on his favour but.. the UK immigration law works differently when a minor is brought into the UK they will allow that individual to stay in the UK until the age of 17 or 18 then you will be asked to leave the UK.

His case might have been considered seriously during those previous refused applications and they still insist that he leaves the country to reenter with appropriate visa, though its tougher with a criminal record while in the UK

I don't have a criminal record oo. Please lol

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
Solatium:

One of the reason I always disagree with you,TALK WITHIN WHAT YOU KNOW,I don't come online to tell a story I know nothing about,not in all situation that the police will call you an ambulance,on this occasion the guy ran away from them they pursued him and he fell down and had a fractured hand,they collected his work ID and asked him to go treat himself at the hospital....It was later discovered they took that route for them to stay out of trouble and avoid paying compensation to the guy,but he was not aware of such until he was told by his solicitor,but the guy was only afraid of been sent back to Nigeria empty handed.....

That is a lie, a complete one. The police will always get you treated on the scene either by the ambulance or their medical team and you will still be arrested for the offense, they will never ask you go to and treat yourself. You don't walk into a hospital to be treated in the UK in such case, you have to be taken by an ambulance with the police behind

Even in the case of an accident, nobody takes you to the hospital, ambulance has to be called even if you are dying.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 12:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ok, but the tone of your response prevented me from keeping an open mind. Didn't you even say your friend was going to be arrested? It must have in the least been on the suspicion of a crime which he didn't defend. No offense, but that story is a little far-fetched... Moving on

Solatium:

Read with open mind,it is not automatic if all the requirement are not meet,but I can tell you once the requirements are meet it becomes automatic provided you have no CRIMINAL RECORD.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
Sholeola23:

Was left with my step mum. dad and mum past away already. Left her to live with my aunties (no family connection just an helper) she also tried but at this time am over 18 already

OK, i guess you were badly advised to make those applications in the UK, coming back to Nigeria is a good idea though you should have done that earlier enough.

Fingers crossed your family circumstances will count on your favour and with no criminal record in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
Wow! Looks like you have a good case. Did you explain all these in your previous applications? I'm sure it's because of people like @solarium 's 3 friends grin that the rate of refusal is high.

Sorry about your situation. Stay hopeful, I wish you the best.

Sholeola23:

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
justwise:

That is a lie, a complete one. The police will always get you treated on the scene either by the ambulance or their medical team and you will still be arrested for the offense, they will never ask you go to and treat yourself. You don't walk into a hospital to be treated in the UK in such case, you have to be taken by an ambulance with the police behind

Even in the case of an accident, nobody takes you to the hospital, ambulance has to be called even if you are dying.

The rule is not STATIC,who told you you can't walk into an A&E to be treated? what an ignorant assumption...Guy admit you don't know it all,as at the last check,you weren't an immigration officer,neither a police officer or a Solicitor,beating out your chest in such an arrogant manner does not make you an authority in this topic.there were people with worse case than his and still got their stay regularize......Deportees even have a second chance of been issued a visa when removed from UK,they are usually ban for 5/10yrs depending on their case before they can make any application under the law.the only set of people I know without such a chance are FAILED ASYLUM SEEKERS......Each time I come here to state a case I am stating it to give people involved a ray of hope based on past cases decided,not to support any form of law breaking
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sholeola23: 12:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
inphoenix:
Wow! Looks like you have a good case. Did you explain all these in your previous applications? I'm sure it's because of people like @solarium 's 3 friends grin that the rate of refusal is high.

Sorry about your situation. Stay hopeful, I wish you the best.

I did explain that in all my applications and it's on record. Am really hopeful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Arinzona4oxide: 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
inphoenix:
The reference number is not recognized until a decision is made. Keep trying. I think most applications submitted about the time you did yours are delayed. I've read about two others with similar delays on this thread, mine inclusive - although I got a mail apologizing for the delay.

Thanks inphoenix,
I got same mail apologising as well bro, just hope at the end of this delay it turns out successful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
Solatium:

The rule is not STATIC,who told you you can't walk into an A&E to be treated? what an ignorant assumption...Guy admit you don't know it all,as at the last check,you weren't an immigration officer,neither a police officer or a Solicitor,beating out your chest in such an arrogant manner does not make you an authority in this topic.there were people with worse case than his and still got their stay regularize......Deportees even have a second chance of been issued a visa when removed from UK,they are usually ban for 5/10yrs depending on their case before they can make any application under the law.the only set of people I know without such a chance are FAILED ASYLUM SEEKERS......Each time I come here to state a case I am stating it to give people involved a ray of hope based on past cases decided,not to support any form of law breaking

I'm definitely not ignorant of what i'm talking about and i never claimed to be an immigration officer, solicitor or a police officer.

You are totally uninformed and the more you argue randomly the more you proves that.

If the UK police is chasing an offender and he/her falls and got injured they will never ask that individual to go and get treated, the very first thing they will do is to call an ambulance and get that person treated before taking any action on the case.

A&E department of any hospital is not a walk-in center for minor illness, you can walk in to your GP office on apportionment or walk-in centers but not A&E when police is involved.

Pretty soon you will accuse me of bullying you with my words even as you can't avoid being rude.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jaybaby2017: 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2017
Please house, what time of visa can I apply . I want to attend a church conference. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
justwise:

I'm definitely not ignorant of what i'm talking about and i never claimed to be an immigration officer, solicitor or a police officer.

You are totally uninformed and the more you argue randomly the more you proves that.

If the UK police is chasing an offender and he/her falls and got injured they will never ask that individual to go and get treated, the very first thing they will do is to call an ambulance and get that person treated before taking any action on the case.

A&E department of any hospital is not a walk-in center for minor illness, you can walk in to your GP office on apportionment or walk-in centers but not A&E when police is involved.

Pretty soon you will accuse me of bullying you with my words even as you can't avoid being rude.

There you go again,Does your GP open 24hrs? What happens when the local clinic closes for operations? you stay at home and wait till it opens the next day? who told you you can't walk to A&E and be treated? the guy in question was even an Illegal immigrant who was not expected to have a GP,besides the fractured hand was discovered at A&E after scan revealed...You have a right to be treated whenever you turn up at A&E even with a gunshot or Knife wound tgey will admit you,treat you and get intouch with the police who will turn up at your bedside to extract your statement after which they will determine what to do with you........Sometimes I just marvel at this your know all attitude,as a human who do not poses all knowledge, listening to people's explanation with proof will IMPROVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE ON TOPICS we all strive to be better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2017
Solatium:

There you go again,Does your GP open 24hrs? What happens when the local clinic closes for operations? you stay at home and wait till it opens the next day? who told you you can't walk to A&E and be treated? the guy in question was even an Illegal immigrant who was not expected to have a GP,besides the fractured hand was discovered at A&E after scan revealed...You have a right to be treated whenever you turn up at A&E even with a gunshot or Knife wound tgey will admit you,treat you and get intouch with the police who will turn up at your bedside to extract your statement after which they will determine what to do with you........Sometimes I just marvel at this your know all attitude,as a human who do not poses all knowledge, listening to people's explanation with proof will IMPROVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE ON TOPICS we all strive to be better.

You know nothing and i keep educating you until you stop these embarrassing statements.

Hospitals don't close likes shops or pubs in the UK, they operate 24hrs duty and if you call an ambulance they will take you to the nearest hospital in the case of emergency else you book an appointment with your GP or visit walk-in centers to be attended to.

Yes nobody knows it all but i know enough in this case to dispute your misleading statements here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2017
jaybaby2017:
Please house, what time of visa can I apply . I want to attend a church conference. Thanks

General visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
justwise:

You know nothing and i keep educating you until you stop these embarrassing statements.

Hospitals don't close likes shops or pubs in the UK, they operate 24hrs duty and if you call an ambulance they will take you to the nearest hospital in the case of emergency else you book an appointment with your GP or visit walk-in centers to be attended to.

Yes nobody knows it all but i know enough in this case to dispute your misleading statements here.

I keep saying YOU ARE IGNORANT OF SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY THINGS, for your education a GP only man a local clinic/Health center which opens from 9am and closes by 5pm,all other emergencies and reference are then routed to the Big Hospital or Teaching Hospitals..
Your local GP is determined by your post code,if you go to the wrong one to register, once you state your post code you will be directed to the one meant for your zone,these clinic is like the health centers we have in virtually all local government areas in Nigeria,....Guy,assumptions will make mess of the little you know,just keep it to what you know and listen to learn when other talks in situations you are not familiar with.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
Solatium:

I keep saying YOU ARE IGNORANT OF SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY THINGS, for your education a GP only man a local clinic/Health center which opens from 9am and closes by 5pm, all other emergencies and reference are then routed to the Big Hospital or Teaching Hospitals..
Your local GP is determined by your post code,if you go to the wrong one to register, once you state your post code you will be directed to the one meant for your zone,these clinic is like the health centers we have in virtually all local government areas in Nigeria,....Guy,assumptions will make mess of the little you know,just keep it to what you know and listen to learn when other talks in situations you are not familiar with.

Simply Uneducable.

Done with you in this case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
justwise:

Simply Uneducable.

Done with you in this case.

Prove me wrong with a verifiable evidence,You are just a typical Nigerian who became passive when his/her argument is watery rather than admit of misleading comment......I don't argue to win,I don't argue for people to like me or my comments, I ARGUE TO PUT THINGS RIGHT AND POSTERITY SAKE...Shallom
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by teeewai(m): 7:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
Brightingsus:

1. Yes, you would still need to include her bank statements. This is part of home ties though it may not be exhaustive enough. Consider including evidence of other family ties she has in Nigeria, e.g. If u have other siblings in Nigeria.
2. I do not know this as you are acting as the sponsor. People that usually quote maintenance costs are applicants sponsoring themselves. I think the ECO may decide your capacity to maintain your mum throughout the duration of her stay from your bank statements. Also consider the sponsorship maintenance form.
3. Those documents are good but not enough...

There is nothing listed as evidence of your relationship with your mum. Let me ask, are you male or female though. You said you had a baby, I was thinking you female. But you included your wife's payslips so I think you are male. Lol.

You also need:
I. Your passport biodata and visa page (or British passport if you are British)
II. Utility bills which is stronger than bank statement for proof of address
III. Perhaps your birth certificate which can link to your mum's passport suggesting she's your mother
IV. Evidence of communication with your mother like emails, chats and calls
V. You could include pictures of you and mum albeit there is a clause that this might not be considered in deciding your application.

**Others can also contribute to your question**

I'm male...lol

Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate!!! Just the final bit.

I have 3 months left on my current work visa and ready to renew

- Is it advisable to invite mum while I have 3 months left on my visa or renew my visa first before inviting
- I haven't updated my bank with my new address, so the statement I intend to send to her has my old address while rental agreement has new address. Could this be an issue?

Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Established: 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hi guys, I'm back again.. @justwise @frontpagelawyer and all other gurus

Please what documents do I need from my friend inviting me for a visit to the UK? For my visa application

Looks like council tax and utility bills have been taken out now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cookies: 10:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
I was able to track my application when I created a profile on TLScontact website, it's one of the options on the left, once you click on it you'd see your ref number, click on that & see the current stage of your application.

Arinzona4oxide:

I applied on the 7th of june 2017.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Blake22: 2:10am On Jul 04, 2017
Hy guys!
@justwise
@ salotium
@ inphoenix & others
you people are doing a really nice job here' and thanks to all of you

A friend directed me here tho, so Im very new. And I wantu ask a very interesting question sha, it's being aching me since I and my batch mates did our visas! Imagine' since 2nd of May and got application received mail the nxt day, till now nothing nothing except for the rumours, we are much tho about 55 students and fully sponsored by the Nigeria Fed. Govt.

Our sponsors are fully aware, they tried reaching Sheffield, mails came that visas will b ready soon, matter reported to the Nigeria High Commission in London recently and now we heard high commission called our sponsors back requesting for fees payment details that Sheffield asked for it.

But the part am really scared of' is the fact that our last school resumption date has passed and extension date has passed too, tho we are many as I said earlier about 55 students' we always hav our own class' every time we travel to any country and we can resume school anytime we get our visas and travel which I dnt knw if Sheffield knows that.

So at this point guys, can we still get our visas?
I really do need ur swift answers. Thnkx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jaybaby2017: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks
justwise:

General visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funshelite(m): 9:26am On Jul 04, 2017
cookies:
How about me that have been to the Uk 5 times on a visit visa (with husband & kids) and 1year study visa. During those visits I always stay beyond the duration I normally state during my application, but never overstayed the duration of the visa itself, I have also renewed in the past & got new visas despite this, I just applied for a renewal on June 20. I hope my chances of getting it are high?
Please guys, kindly share your thoughts...

Oh , so one can state that he will leave in November 2017 but can still stay beyond that time as the visa will expire March 2018 ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.