Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,708 members, 7,827,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1534099 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 11:07pm On Jul 12, 2017
senn:
today makes it 6 weeks after applying for my visa at TLS ikeja on the 31st of may 2017 and its still not out. im really scared. on june 25th they emailed me and told me they are sorry for the inconvenience but they wont be able to make a decision within 15 days and since then i havent heard from them. please house what could be wrong and what should i do ?

This is actually taking too long, I think there's a way to call or mail Sheffield at the Appointment center you submitted your application but you would have to pay to do this. I advise that you go to TLS Ikeja and explore your options there.
I also got the same mail you got though my wife's and child's applications were ready for collection in 15 working days and my application was ready for collection in 17 working day including the Ramadan holidays.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by snowalk: 11:39pm On Jul 12, 2017
@ekpotek,
you and other guys are doing great job here and thank you for your response.

on the account in issue, i run a technical partnership business and i do not have absolute authority to the business account even though i own the business. all partners collect salary monthly paid into their different bank accounts.

i also will appreciate your opinion on this, during my last application, i did not declare that i have a registered business name which i eventually use to run and business now. i hope this will not have any issue with this my new application

ekpotek:

How then will you proof your source of income or financial ties to Nigeria, if you failed to disclose your business account. Being self employed is not a crime. You need to package your application to convince the ECO that you will return back after your visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 11:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
TatPat:
Hi, please is there anyone who did biometrics on the 5th of July or from the 26th of June and has received any email at all from tls or Sheffield?

yes I did mine on 4th of July. received mail on the 5th and 6th. the first was that its has been moved and the second was that it has been received by the UKVI. thanks. mine was done at Ikeja.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 12:15am On Jul 13, 2017
McGibson:

yes I did mine on 4th of July. received mail on the 5th and 6th. the first was that its has been moved and the second was that it has been received by the UKVI. thanks. mine was done at Ikeja.

Thanks! Please update me when you get any other message(s) from them. I haven't gotten any message from them yet, did mine on the 5th of July.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by omopapa: 3:54am On Jul 13, 2017
What is it that u need help with exactly

adams741:

Thank you for your reply ekpotek.
But Im using gtb dollar account and still it's been declined by the Bank.

what do you think I should do now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 4:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Thank you for your prompt response.
But in my case, I applied for my children (3) on June 15th; got an email same day that application received and sent to embassy. The second day (June 16th) another mail came that the application received by UKVI ready for processing , all this from TLS website .To my surprise, I got a mail from Sheffield on June 28th barely 2 weeks after that application ready to be Process by ECO that any documents required be sent and if already scanned I should ignore the message.
My problem now is that I applied using hotel reservation. The reservation is between July 11th to 21st July, 2017.now the reservation was cancelled on July 12th.Still no decision taking according to TLS website. Any hope of getting the visa.meanwhile myself and wife has 2 years visa already and attached with application of the children. .
Brightingsus:

You can still get the visa even if your proposed travel date and intention for travel have passed. That would not be a yardstick for denying the visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:55am On Jul 13, 2017
snowalk:
@ekpotek,
you and other guys are doing great job here and thank you for your response.

on the account in issue, i run a technical partnership business and i do not have absolute authority to the business account even though i own the business. all partners collect salary monthly paid into their different bank accounts.

i also will appreciate your opinion on this, during my last application, i did not declare that i have a registered business name which i eventually use to run and business now. i hope this will not have any issue with this my new application

You can explain to the ECO like you have done here in a cover letter. The important thing is to show the ECO that you have transmitted from employment to self employment and your current business is string for you to return back. It is not a crime not to have disclosed this in your previous application which was successful. It is actually a plus as the length of your business determine its sustainability.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by letmov: 6:19am On Jul 13, 2017
senn:
31st may , tls ikeja

So have you gone to collect it at Ikea ? And did u use priority service ? @senn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 6:44am On Jul 13, 2017
Please comment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 6:46am On Jul 13, 2017
Professional's please advise
Yommieyomi:
Thank you for your prompt response.
But in my case, I applied for my children (3) on June 15th; got an email same day that application received and sent to embassy. The second day (June 16th) another mail came that the application received by UKVI ready for processing , all this from TLS website .To my surprise, I got a mail from Sheffield on June 28th barely 2 weeks after that application ready to be Process by ECO that any documents required be sent and if already scanned I should ignore the message.
My problem now is that I applied using hotel reservation. The reservation is between July 11th to 21st July, 2017.now the reservation was cancelled on July 12th.Still no decision taking according to TLS website. Any hope of getting the visa.meanwhile myself and wife has 2 years visa already and attached with application of the children. .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:10am On Jul 13, 2017
Yommieyomi:
Professional's please advise

No need to worry. Since your wife and you have visas. Hotel reservation expiring won't have any effect. You can always book another later.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 9:31am On Jul 13, 2017
Thank you, am relieved.
ekpotek:

No need to worry. Since your wife and you have visas. Hotel reservation expiring won't have any effect. You can always book another later.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
27 working days now no response from ukvi, nawa oo... My leave period is ending month ending and I hope they will not give excuse with that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AMA2301(m): 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
Good day house,
Please I need some advise. I have a cousin who is a UK citizen. He wants me to come over for a visit and is gonna take care of all the finances.
I need help on the following:
1. What are the necessary documents I'm gonna need from him to apply?
2. Aside from my passport, what do I need to attach?
3. What are the steps to take after getting 1 & 2 ready?
God Bless you all!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Toks2008(m): 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2017
xto4:
27 working days now no response from ukvi, nawa oo... My leave period is ending month ending and I hope they will not give excuse with that?

What is happening now is so strange as the delay is getting outta hand.

A brother submitted since 14th of June and he did not see any mail about decision being made till date but he still went to ikeja this morning to collect the passport but after they checked his slip on the system he was informed that the passport is not ready and should only come back after he receives a mail.

He was told that there are very large volumes of application at this time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DobraDobra: 2:14pm On Jul 13, 2017
xto4:
27 working days now no response from ukvi nawa oo... My leave period is ending month ending and I hope they will not give excuse with that?
D truth is I don't know what went wrong with them d service is below par. I have some one dat submitted 5th may only got mail that dey received at Sheffield after 4 weeks we started email to them and calls they got all calls but claimed never to get d emails anyway they just sent email on Tuesday decision taken and passport sent for dispatch , we are waiting sha now. Dis is d 3rd renewal for dis person with dem with lots of travel history to different parts of d world d person don worry die coss need to do some bizness transactions in Uk. Hopeful shall d reply will be positive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 13, 2017
AMA2301:
Good day house,
Please I need some advise. I have a cousin who is a UK citizen. He wants me to come over for a visit and is gonna take care of all the finances.
I need help on the following:
1. What are the necessary documents I'm gonna need from him to apply?
2. Aside from my passport, what do I need to attach?
3. What are the steps to take after getting 1 & 2 ready?
God Bless you all!

All you need from him is
1. An invitation letter ( stating your relationship, what you do, where you live, what he does, where he lives, reason for the visit, and for how long, that he will house you, and take care of your expenses in the UK)
2. You need a copy of the British Passport ( Data Page)
3. Proof of address ( Council tax will do)
4. Bank Statement
5. Advice him to include pay slip ( It helps shows that he is employed)
Please when you apply include a letter from you employer, bank statement, if you have payslip, etc am sure you know the rest. Also include a picture of you and your brother/uncle if you have one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
Good day all, is it true that uk visit visa is now being treated in Sheffield?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2017
TatPat:
Good day all, is it true that uk visit visa is now being treated in Sheffield?
YES
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
Advisory:

YES

Okay thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2017
Was wondering if a woman, who is not a citizen yet but legal in the UK, was having a baby with her husband who is British, intend to invite the lady's mother to visit them in the UK. The husband is the sponsor. Would the letter of invitation come from them both written as a single letter, or if the sponsor alone has to write it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2017
Brightingsus:
Was wondering if a woman, who is not a citizen yet but legal in the UK, was having a baby with her husband who is British, intend to invite the lady's mother to visit them in the UK. The husband is the sponsor. Would the letter of invitation come from them both written as a single letter, or if the sponsor alone has to write it?

The letter should be sign by both of them since they are living together. This demonstrates consent from bith parties. That is if proof of address like utility bill bear both name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2017
ekpotek:

The letter should be sign by both of them since they are living together. This demonstrates consent from bith parties. That is if proof of address like utility bill bear both name.

Council tax bill bears both their names; I suppose a council tax bill alone suffices for proof of address? In that case the sponsor which is the husband will write the invitation letter inviting the mother inlaw and sign it. The wife will also sign.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blza: 10:30pm On Jul 13, 2017
It's unreal that UK visit visa is taking several weeks to come out . When I invited my Mum , a standard application took 3 days to come out.

I have just invited my sister and she submitted her application at TLS VI on 21st June. We got the messages from TLS to advise her application is with UKVI.

After 2 weeks(10 working days ) got email from UKVI that they have received the app and preparing for consideration.

Then I got a missed call from home office wanting to speak to me, they left a voice mail that they will call back which they did. (Basically confirming about the application etc).

I was then told we will get a decision this week or next. I did question why it will get into next week considering it's her week of travel and obviously past the 15days response time advertised. I was told we will hear back this week or next but can't give me ant further information. which is fair enough as the guy was pretty lovely on the phone.

I just feel processing times are hitting worst levels because they have introduced priority service which you can pay for and use if you need it quick . Also with brexit and EU nationals advised to apply for settled status befor Brexit deadline or face going through the UK immigration route, there are huge amount of applications coming through to Sheffield. Also considering that they have moved visa processing for several countries to Sheffield.

There is only much these guys can do. Just hope we hear something tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Very frustrating wait .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blza: 10:32pm On Jul 13, 2017
Brightingsus:

Council tax bill bears both their names; I suppose a council tax bill alone suffices for proof of address? In that case the sponsor which is the husband will write the invitation letter inviting the mother inlaw and sign it. The wife will also sign.

Not absolutely necessary, all our bills are in joint names and I have done invitations with my details only . Of course you both parties can sign if it makes them feel ok. I will suggest the BC who is the sponsor to write the write the sponsorship letter and sign . Can always mention wife in the letter somehow.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
blza:

Not absolutely necessary, all our bills are in joint names and I have done invitations with my details only . Of course you both parties can sign if it makes them feel ok.

Do you know the balance a sponsor could have to be able to invite the mother inlaw to visit and stay for like 3 months? The house is mortgaged.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blza: 10:55pm On Jul 13, 2017
Brightingsus:

Do you know the balance a sponsor could have to be able to invite the mother inlaw to visit and stay for like 3 months? The house is mortgaged.

There isn't a definitive amount , key is having a stable job and able to produce about 6 months payslip with salary bank account showing the corresponding net payments. Then a letter from employer.

As per balance on the account anything around £2k - 2 £2.5k , slightly more is ok. Which is why stated that a stable job is the key cos they will see a trend of regular income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:28am On Jul 14, 2017
Brightingsus:

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 14, 2017
Hello good morning everyone.. Please am new here.. I want to ask a question please.

A couple who has been applying for UK visa together and now the visa will expire October can each of them apply differently or will dey still have to apply together?

Please help..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 14, 2017
smithsydny:
Hello good morning everyone.. Please am new here.. I want to ask a question please.

A couple who has been applying for UK visa together and now the visa will expire October can each of them apply differently or will dey still have to apply together?

Please help..
They do not have to apply together.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 14, 2017
blza:

There isn't a definitive amount , key is having a stable job and able to produce about 6 months payslip with salary bank account showing the corresponding net payments. Then a letter from employer.

As per balance on the account anything around £2k - 2 £2.5k , slightly more is ok. Which is why stated that a stable job is the key cos they will see a trend of regular income

The Balance depends on how long you gonna be staying there, the home office calculates that it takes about 800-1000 pounds for a resident to survive monthly even with rent etc. People have been invited with about 800 - 1000 pounds account balance.
Most importantly is the pay slip, how much they earn will go a long way because that is the true reflection of the persons standard of living as per home office.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 14, 2017
Advisory:

They do not have to apply together.
its for renewal o? So the person. Can go for renewal without going together?

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.