Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1525829 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olufemiopa: 5:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
Dear All,

Please, I need an advice on who I should direct both consent and sponsorship letters to.

I await your prompt advice.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by castiello(m): 7:12pm On Jul 16, 2017
Hello I need help I applied for a uk visa to attend a training course for 7days I was granted but could not go on the proposed date due to Nigeria master card problem I sent one week later and told the school to give me a one on one class with a little fee added I came back 3 weeks later, when my visa expired I try to renew by going back for Xmas but was refused here is what they said

Now I want to go for another training paid what's my chances I wrote an explaination telling them it was not intensional and I apologized for the change in plan without notification what's my chances

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2017
Olufemiopa:
Dear All,

Please, I need an advice on who I should direct both consent and sponsorship letters to.

I await your prompt advice.

Thank you.

British Deputy High Commission Lagos
11 Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olufemiopa: 8:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
Thank you

British Deputy High Commission Lagos
11 Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria
[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
MadameKofo:
Hello people. Happy weekend. Please i don't know if anyone has been in a situation like this before.
My husband is in the process of applying for Tier 2 visa. The certificate of sponsorship gotten from the job he got covers for him, me and my son.
Im presently pregnant and we are thinking we both apply together first and afterwards he'd sponsor my son and new baby in a few months.
Having a Tier 2 visa now will make it easier for me to apply for jobs and get one before i resign from my current job in Nigeria
Now i dont know how easy it will be to apply for the children later, hoping it wouldnt raise a red flag. Or do I just wait and have my baby in a few months time and apply later with the 2 kids.
Im so confused right now and your advise would be highly appreciated. Thanks
When are you starting the job? When will you be in uk, when is the baby due? Best bet is to apply first and sort out the baby when he/she is here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MadameKofo: 11:06pm On Jul 16, 2017
Advisory:

When are you starting the job? When will you be in uk, when is the baby due? Best bet is to apply first and sort out the baby when he/she is here

Thank you for your response. My husband is starting work in September so we'd be in UK around that time, baby is due in October. Are you suggesting we all apply together now, then apply for baby alone later? Or do we apply for both kids at the same time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:05am On Jul 17, 2017
MadameKofo:

Thank you for your response. My husband is starting work in September so we'd be in UK around that time, baby is due in October. Are you suggesting we all apply together now, then apply for baby alone later? Or do we apply for both kids at the same time.

Baby is not yet born. So the unborn child cannot be included in the application now. Apply with existing family members and get into UK and delivery there. Just hold enough fund for child delivery and associated expenses that will arise. If the child is born in the UK, the child will be permitted to stay as long as the parents have valid work permit visas. If you want take this option, I will advise that you read up on rights of a child born in the UK to non-permanent resident parents. Alternatively you can wait to delivery in Nigeria and apply later with the baby to join your husband and kid. Note the UK immigration laws can change anytime, so seize the time now to get into the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:27am On Jul 17, 2017
castiello:
Hello I need help I applied for a uk visa to attend a training course for 7days I was granted but could not go on the proposed date due to Nigeria master card problem I sent one week later and told the school to give me a one on one class with a little fee added I came back 3 weeks later, when my visa expired I try to renew by going back for Xmas but was refused here is what they said

Now I want to go for another training paid what's my chances I wrote an explaination telling them it was not intensional and I apologized for the change in plan without notification what's my chances

Your chances are very limited. The ECO suspected that you used your previous visa for other purposes and not for the training. Secondly your intention to visit London because you where in Leicester and not able to during your last visit did not convinced the ECO. You are most likely to be denied again unless you can addressed the issues raised by the ECO. What you need to do in your next application is show documentation that you indeed attended the training. This will require a letter from the previous training organizers detailing every aspect and steps of the training and why it took 25 days instead of initial numbers of days applied for. If the training did not last for 25 days, you will need to explain to ECO what businesses you carried out from the remaining number days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 7:49am On Jul 17, 2017
McGibson:
Ekpotek and Justwise. please. I've done this already but I want to know if it will have negative impact on my application. I was asked to photocopy my documents and also I never knew it would be returned to me immediately. so all the documents scanned n sent to Sheffield by TLS is photocopied. will it affect me in any way. please answer. thanks

ekpotek
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 17, 2017
ekpotek:

Baby is not yet born. So the unborn child cannot be included in the application now. Apply with existing family members and get into UK and delivery there. Just hold enough fund for child delivery and associated expenses that will arise. If the child is born in the UK, the child will be permitted to stay as long as the parents have valid work permit visas. If you want take this option, I will advise that you read up on rights of a child born in the UK to non-permanent resident parents. Alternatively you can wait to delivery in Nigeria and apply later with the baby to join your husband and kid. Note the UK immigration laws can change anytime, so seize the time now to get into the UK.
Child (baby born in the uk)will be allowed to live in the without visa provided you guys aren't travelling and when you ILR can register the child as a citizen.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by castiello(m): 8:31am On Jul 17, 2017
ekpotek:

Your chances are very limited. The ECO suspected that you used your previous visa for other purposes and not for the training. Secondly your intention to visit London because you where in Leicester and not able to during your last visit did not convinced the ECO. You are most likely to be denied again unless you can addressed the issues raised by the ECO. What you need to do in your next application is show documentation that you indeed attended the training. This will require a letter from the previous training organizers detailing every aspect and steps of the training and why it took 25 days instead of initial numbers of days applied for. If the training did not last for 25 days, you will need to explain to ECO what businesses you carried out from the remaining number days.

Thanks for your reply, the trip took a wrong turn due to Nigerian wahala of placing limit on international transactions could not get a flight that suit my budget so I need to be flexible on my dates of return to get a good price after the training I also attend a leadership course which I have handouts, as prove and this my next trip I will show prove ofbtraning payment and invitation I can't pay 2000£ just to go gain entry at least I left the uk the last time that's what matters I have details this reason in a separate letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MadameKofo: 9:11am On Jul 17, 2017
Advisory and Ekpotek thank you for your responses.
The issue now is that i intend having my baby in the US.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 17, 2017
MadameKofo:
Why the US?
If you going to the UK on tier 2, in five years the kid will be British when you become Permanent resident. The hospital Bill will be free for you in the UK on a tier 2 Visa and you will spend lots of money in America.
Your Kid being American does not give him any special right in the UK at all and you will still have to apply for a visa for him. Double cost
But in the UK it is free NHS for delivery and if you do not have any plans of leaving the country for the next 5 years, you will not need to apply for a visa for your baby provided you deliver in the UK.
But if you end up delivering in the US, you will need to apply for a VISA for the baby. But my advise is do your VISA now and do the baby's when he/she arrives.
NOTE: Child care in UK is expensive as per Nursery school 46-53 pounds per day. So you need all the money you can save.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 17, 2017
senn:
For those asking, this is what i did and this is my timeline
-applied 31st may 2017, tls ikeja
-got an email that same day that my visa has been transferred to UKVI
-got an email June 1 2017 that UKVI sheffield has received my application and will be underconsideration
-June 25th got an email from them saying they cant make the decision within 15 days and they are sorry for any inconvenience and would make a decision as soon as possible. ( i was very scared)

After 2 weeks i had not still heard anything from them
so on july 7th i went to TLS ikeja and they told me that this is UKVI peak season, that they get alot of applications so i should just exercise patience and nothing is wrong with my application and i should wait till i hear from them again (tls is the them here)

still wasnt convinced by the lady at TLS ikeja so i took matters into my hands and decided to contact UKVI. i tried emailing them but the site didnt accept my payment so i called them on wednesday july 12th and the guy on the phone was very lovely and friendly and told me a decision had already been made on my application a day before (tuesday, july 11th) & that my passport would return back to my country and the visa application centre soon. NOTE : I DIDNT CALL THEM TO TELL THEM TO MAKE A DECISION. A DECISION HAD ALREADY BEEN MADE. IT WAS A COINCIDENCE I CALLED THE DAY AFTER MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN DECICIED. even the guy on the phone was like funny that im calling exactly a day after a decision has been made. so dont think if you call UKVI they will then make a decision on your application, you can only make enquiries about your application and not tell them what to do.

today i got an email form tls ikeja saying a desicion has been made. got the email at about 11 50am. then at 4pm anoother email came in from them saying my passport has been returned and i can come and get it.

Did they take payment over the phone for the call?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sagamaje(m): 10:15am On Jul 17, 2017
@Senn I called Sheffield this morning about my wife's application and was told decision not yet made. The only surprising thing is the £20 that was removed from the card but only spoke with them for 1.23 minutes (when d call was picked). Is this what you experienced as well?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 17, 2017
Sagamaje:
@Senn I called Sheffield this morning about my wife's application and was told decision not yet made. The only surprising thing is the £20 that was removed from the card but only spoke with them for 1.23 minutes (when d call was picked). Is this what you experienced as well?
When did your wife apply again? what centre?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MadameKofo: 10:35am On Jul 17, 2017
Thank you for the insightful reply Advisory. God bless you sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sagamaje(m): 11:20am On Jul 17, 2017
@ Advisory my wife applied on 5th of June (standard visa)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by senn: 1:24pm On Jul 17, 2017
Yes, they took £20 pounds at first but they will only charge you for the amount of minutes you speak to the agent. Not that they will take the whole £20. They just took it as like down payment to be sure you actually have money in the card
Sagamaje:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sagamaje(m): 1:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
@Senn thanks . Though I called twice cus they did not pick the first time and I had to call the second time. It was the second time that the call was picked. Though they removed £20 the first time and did again the second time making £40 total. At the end of the day the lady said not yet decided after my wife told her her GWF number. UK is a big time shit in visa application delay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2017
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 5:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
Advisory:

Why the US?
If you going to the UK on tier 2, in five years the kid will be British when you become Permanent resident. The hospital Bill will be free for you in the UK on a tier 2 Visa and you will spend lots of money in America.
Your Kid being American does not give him any special right in the UK at all and you will still have to apply for a visa for him. Double cost
But in the UK it is free NHS for delivery and if you do not have any plans of leaving the country for the next 5 years, you will not need to apply for a visa for your baby provided you deliver in the UK.
But if you end up delivering in the US, you will need to apply for a VISA for the baby. But my advise is do your VISA now and do the baby's when he/she arrives.
NOTE: Child care in UK is expensive as per Nursery school 46-53 pounds per day. So you need all the money you can save.
Its not true, if the baby is born in the USA, the baby automatically becomes a US Citizen,therefore the Baby doesn't need a UK visa to visit Uk. Infact U have 6months duration of stay anytime u visit the UK once u are a US Citizen.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
Thanks Mr. Justwise, we plan to do hotel reservation for my mother because it won't be easy to get letter from landlord. Will it makes sense to do hotel reservation for her since we are inviting her over.
justwise:

Your question is similar to Ezinkem.

Provide document to proof relationship, accommodation available for her, financial capability and explain what she will be doing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veleta: 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2017
@Austin2020,yeah,the baby is entitled to six months visa by virtue of being an American citizen but before the expiration of the six months visa,the baby needs to apply for Uk visa under the category which I presume is Tier 2 that the child's parents are on.Upon entry in Uk,the baby can stay for six months without visa but before the 6 months visa expires,he/she needs to get a visa in UK in the category which the parents are otherwise the child would be staying illegally.

Its expensive to deliver in US but then if the parents can afford it then they should go for it atleast the child would have dual citizenship.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
McGibson:

ekpotek

No!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
castiello:

Thanks for your reply, the trip took a wrong turn due to Nigerian wahala of placing limit on international transactions could not get a flight that suit my budget so I need to be flexible on my dates of return to get a good price after the training I also attend a leadership course which I have handouts, as prove and this my next trip I will show prove ofbtraning payment and invitation I can't pay 2000£ just to go gain entry at least I left the uk the last time that's what matters I have details this reason in a separate letter

Well take my advise and provide documentation to show and detailed all your activities for the 25 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:35pm On Jul 17, 2017
MadameKofo:

Having the baby in the US is okay. The child will have US citizenship and can travel to the UK without visa. However, the child will need a visa to stay in the UK beyond 180 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 7:57pm On Jul 17, 2017
ekpotek:

No!

OK thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
ekpotek:

Having the baby in the US is okay. The child will have US citizenship and can travel to the UK without visa. However, the child will need a visa to stay in the UK beyond 180 days.
People this woman is going to uk as a Tier 2 worker, the us citizenship does not mean anything in this case. She enters for 6 months and still need to apply for a Tier 2 visa so what's the advantage of the 6 months ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 17, 2017
Austine2020:
Its not true, if the baby is born in the USA, the baby automatically becomes a US Citizen,therefore the Baby doesn't need a UK visa to visit Uk. Infact U have 6months duration of stay anytime u visit the UK once u are a US Citizen.
Remember we aren't talking about visiting visas unless if you saying the baby can be returning every six months from America to visit the parents in uk. They will have to apply for a visa for the baby if delivered in US so that the kid can be in the uk beyond the six months. But if delivered in the UK baby won't need visa if you guys aren't travelling during the 5 years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 4:08am On Jul 18, 2017
Advisory:

Remember we aren't talking about visiting visas unless if you saying the baby can be returning every six months from America to visit the parents in uk. They will have to apply for a visa for the baby if delivered in US so that the kid can be in the uk beyond the six months. But if delivered in the UK baby won't need visa if you guys aren't travelling during the 5 years.
Ok, i can understand u better now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.