Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,370 members, 7,812,089 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526117 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by senn: 11:36pm On Jul 14, 2017
For those asking, this is what i did and this is my timeline
-applied 31st may 2017, tls ikeja
-got an email that same day that my visa has been transferred to UKVI
-got an email June 1 2017 that UKVI sheffield has received my application and will be underconsideration
-June 25th got an email from them saying they cant make the decision within 15 days and they are sorry for any inconvenience and would make a decision as soon as possible. ( i was very scared)

After 2 weeks i had not still heard anything from them
so on july 7th i went to TLS ikeja and they told me that this is UKVI peak season, that they get alot of applications so i should just exercise patience and nothing is wrong with my application and i should wait till i hear from them again (tls is the them here)

still wasnt convinced by the lady at TLS ikeja so i took matters into my hands and decided to contact UKVI. i tried emailing them but the site didnt accept my payment so i called them on wednesday july 12th and the guy on the phone was very lovely and friendly and told me a decision had already been made on my application a day before (tuesday, july 11th) & that my passport would return back to my country and the visa application centre soon. NOTE : I DIDNT CALL THEM TO TELL THEM TO MAKE A DECISION. A DECISION HAD ALREADY BEEN MADE. IT WAS A COINCIDENCE I CALLED THE DAY AFTER MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN DECICIED. even the guy on the phone was like funny that im calling exactly a day after a decision has been made. so dont think if you call UKVI they will then make a decision on your application, you can only make enquiries about your application and not tell them what to do.

today i got an email form tls ikeja saying a desicion has been made. got the email at about 11 50am. then at 4pm anoother email came in from them saying my passport has been returned and i can come and get it.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by letmov: 12:48am On Jul 15, 2017
senn:
-got an email June 1 2017 that UKVI sheffield has received my application and will be underconsideration
-June 25th got an email from them saying they cant make the decision within 15 days and they are sorry for any inconvenience and would make a decision as soon as possible. ( i was very scared)

so on july 7th i went to TLS ikeja and they told me that this is UKVI peak season, that they get alot of applications so i should just exercise patience and nothing is wrong with my application and i should wait till i hear from them again (tls is the them here)

still wasnt convinced by the lady at TLS ikeja so i took matters into my hands and decided to contact UKVI. i tried emailing them but the site didnt accept my payment so i called them on wednesday july 12th and the guy on the phone was very lovely and friendly and told me a decision had already been made on my application a day before (tuesday, july 11th) & that my passport would return back to my country and the visa application centre soon. NOTE : I DIDNT CALL THEM TO TELL THEM TO MAKE A DECISION. A DECISION HAD ALREADY BEEN MADE. IT WAS A COINCIDENCE I CALLED THE DAY AFTER MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN DECICIED. even the guy on the phone was like funny that im calling exactly a day after a decision has been made. so dont think if you call UKVI they will then make a decision on your application, you can only make enquiries about your application and not tell them what to do.

today i got an email form tls ikeja saying a desicion has been made. got the email at about 11 50am. then at 4pm anoother email came in from them saying my passport has been returned and i can come and get it.

P pp
Please what time do you call ukvi please please please bro at around what time do you call the ukvi and was it standard u apply for ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by letmov: 12:54am On Jul 15, 2017
senn:
yes i called UKVI sheffield. when i called they told me a decision had just been made the day before i called.
called them on wednesday, they told me a decision was made on tuesday. got an email from TLS ikeja today that my application is ready

Please @Senn what time do you call them like what time .in the morning or afternoon or evening .what time ?@Senn and please do u do standard ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by letmov: 12:55am On Jul 15, 2017
senn:
yes i called UKVI sheffield. when i called they told me a decision had just been made the day before i called.
called them on wednesday, they told me a decision was made on tuesday. got an email from TLS ikeja today that my application is ready

Please @Senn what time do you call them like what time in the morning or afternoon or evening .what time ?@Senn and please do u do standard ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BossNation(m): 12:55am On Jul 15, 2017
justwise:

I got no idea, you may have to contact the embassy to find out as they normally have list of hospitals for such service
Thanks bro really appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by letmov: 12:56am On Jul 15, 2017
senn:

What time and do u do standard ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 15, 2017
Please what was the number you called?

senn:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sagamaje(m): 7:30am On Jul 15, 2017
@Senn thanks for the reply. Apart from the £1.37 for per minute call , hope there z no other charges on the local credit balance? So if I don't have any credit on my phone, I won't need to load any credit once I av the credit card for payment ? And again what the site for the call contact? Thanks man. God bless u and wishing u success @Senn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sammoR: 7:38am On Jul 15, 2017
I just forwarded one of the mail notification i got from TLS to her that had my reference no. She was told my application was expected that day, that was on Tuesday 11th. I had paid for courier but I instructed her to tell them not to send by courier, I'd pick it up myself. U know d TLS pple do things at their own pace. So i went wednesday n picked the passports. Both me n my wife got. Booked my flights same day. I paid for priority tho. I noticed my documents were bagged in a green bag while evereyone was bagged in a red. The red bags were so many. I was there as they carried all the bags. There were 2green bags, mine and another on top of like 100 red bags. If d time is short, its best to pay for priority. So in all, it took 1 week and 1 day. Submitted my documents at TLS on the 3rd of July, it was decided 6th and I got my passport back 12th July. I think the key is understanding the documents n their processes.
amehrada:
Please what information did you give the person who went to check for you? I didn't know you can send someone to check. I don't reside in Lagos and ukvi shows that my application has been decided since on the 28th June but no update from TLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 8:41am On Jul 15, 2017
Good morning all.
Please any June 15th applicants in the house who applied through Ikeja VAC?
Please indicate and let me know your current status.
I only got mail from Sheffield on June 28th that application ready to be Processed by ECO and nothing else till date.
What is your status?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by letmov: 9:24am On Jul 15, 2017
Yommieyomi:
Good morning all.
I only got mail from Sheffield on June 28th that application ready to be Processed by ECO and nothing else till date.
What is your status?

Can I call sheffield on Saturday ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 15, 2017
What is the number
letmov:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 10:48am On Jul 15, 2017
I don't think.
I think they open Monday - Friday.
letmov:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by senn: 10:50am On Jul 15, 2017
For those asking , I am a female please so don't refer to me as "guy" or "man" lol
Secondly their phone contact is 24hours so you can call them anytime but for those asking I called them at about 5:45pm on Tuesday
And the person that asked yes you need airtime on your phone as airtime will be going while you talk to them. I loaded N500 and it was enough but you can load 700-1000 just to be on th safe side
Remember you need a credit card with you as they would tell you to input certain numbers so payment can be made. They will only charge you once you've been connected to speak to someone. When you call the number everything will be explained to you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by senn: 10:51am On Jul 15, 2017
Also for those that asked this is the site to where you will get their contact number : https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by senn: 10:57am On Jul 15, 2017
And also I applied for standard , didn't do priority service
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sagamaje(m): 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
@Senn thanks miss. Will call them on Monday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 12:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
sammoR:
I just forwarded one of the mail notification i got from TLS to her that had my reference no. She was told my application was expected that day, that was on Tuesday 11th. I had paid for courier but I instructed her to tell them not to send by courier, I'd pick it up myself. U know d TLS pple do things at their own pace. So i went wednesday n picked the passports. Both me n my wife got. Booked my flights same day. I paid for priority tho. I noticed my documents were bagged in a green bag while evereyone was bagged in a red. The red bags were so many. I was there as they carried all the bags. There were 2green bags, mine and another on top of like 100 red bags. If d time is short, its best to pay for priority. So in all, it took 1 week and 1 day. Submitted my documents at TLS on the 3rd of July, it was decided 6th and I got my passport back 12th July. I think the key is understanding the documents n their processes.
Thank you and congratulations! I already called Ukvi on Thursday and was told my application has been decided since 28th June and I ought to have gotten my passport back. The adviser I spoke with gave me two options that I can either choose to escalate the matter or go to the Tls center I applied with my collection slip to check for my passport. So I'll be going to Tls VI on Monday to check, I just hope it's there and ready.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
Anyone please?
Yommieyomi:
Good morning all.
What is your status?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bisolar: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hi Guys. I want to make an application for someone but I don't stay in Lagos. Please where is it better to apply VI or Ikeja? Is it true that you have to pay to use Ikeja?
Also pls can a Naira denominated card be used to pay.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2017
asaju10:
Thanks i really appreciate & one cannot work with any of these if yes,so how can one work legally in UK?

You are not allowed to work legally with those visa, although some people do illegally. To
Be able to work you need a work permit such as a Tier 1 entrepreneur or a Tier 2 General Visa. Or a Tier 4 student visa (20hours max per week)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 4:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
Still waiting...anyone in the house
Yommieyomi:
Good morning all.
What is your status?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
I wanted to ask. Once one does online visit visa application, is there a requirement or provision to print out the completed online form and add to the documents to submit at the TLS appointment? There is such for spouse visa application, I don't know if it's same for visit visa.

Am now ready to apply for my mother inlaw, but I want to be the one to fill the online application myself here in London but it would like she's the one filling it since it's online and location does not really matter much. Then if there must be forms or acknowledgements to print off, I believe they should be able to log into the account in Nigeria and print what I must have filled (or must I print myself and send the hard copy documents to Nigeria?)

Note, I have already sent my supporting documents through a friend that visited.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by senn: 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2017
They will be able to log in in Nigeria and print out. Just remember the username and password and send it to them for them to use and log in. You can fill the online form for her, make payment, choose the centre and date online. When you're done, give them the username and password let them log in and print out the application form cause it's part of the documents needed. It will be scanned at the visa application centre.
Brightingsus:
I wanted to ask. Once one does online visit visa application, is there a requirement or provision to print out the completed online form and add to the documents to submit at the TLS appointment? There is such for spouse visa application, I don't know if it's same for visit visa.

Am now ready to apply for my mother inlaw, but I want to be the one to fill the online application myself here in London but it would like she's the one filling it since it's online and location does not really matter much. Then if there must be forms or acknowledgements to print off, I believe they should be able to log into the account in Nigeria and print what I must have filled (or must I print myself and send the hard copy documents to Nigeria?)

Note, I have already sent my supporting documents through a friend that visited.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by asaju10(m): 11:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
Advisory:

You are not allowed to work legally with those visa, although some people do illegally. To
Be able to work you need a work permit such as a Tier 1 entrepreneur or a Tier 2 General Visa. Or a Tier 4 student visa (20hours max per week)
Thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:57pm On Jul 15, 2017
senn:
They will be able to log in in Nigeria and print out. Just remember the username and password and send it to them for them to use and log in. You can fill the online form for her, make payment, choose the centre and date online. When you're done, give them the username and password let them log in and print out the application form cause it's part of the documents needed. It will be scanned at the visa application centre.

Many thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funshelite(m): 11:48am On Jul 16, 2017
Astonestone:

PleaseHis brother can pay for his trip. All my trips have been sponsored by my brother and yes I am working. I filled less than 100 pounds as personal contribution and visa was granted all the time

Thank you my brother

Abeg put me through on what you wrote

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2017
I saw somewhere on the TLS website that the original supporting documents would need to be photocopied by the applicant and submitted alongside the originals. Did anyone do this, or is it really a requirement since the original supporting documents would be scanned to Sheffield by TLS anyway?

Also, does the applicant get the supporting documents back after the scanning on the same appointment day, or would they be posted at a later time?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2017
Brightingsus:
I saw somewhere on the TLS website that the original supporting documents would need to be photocopied by the applicant and submitted alongside the originals. Did anyone do this, or is it really a requirement since the original supporting documents would be scanned to Sheffield by TLS anyway?

Also, does the applicant get the supporting documents back after the scanning on the same appointment day, or would they be posted at a later time?

The only original document you should photocopy are documents bigger or smaller than A4 paper. So what I'm trying to say is, when going to TLS, take all your original document and any original document that isn't in A4 size( for example, marriage certificate) photocopy it into an A4 size.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2017
Ekpotek and Justwise. please. I've done this already but I want to know if it will have negative impact on my application. I was asked to photocopy my documents and also I never knew it would be returned to me immediately. so all the documents scanned n sent to Sheffield by TLS is photocopied. will it affect me in any way. please answer. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2017
TatPat:

The only original document you should photocopy are documents bigger or smaller than A4 paper. So what I'm trying to say is, when going to TLS, take all your original document and any original document that isn't in A4 size( for example, marriage certificate) photocopy it into an A4 size.

Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MadameKofo: 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2017
Hello people. Happy weekend. Please i don't know if anyone has been in a situation like this before.
My husband is in the process of applying for Tier 2 visa. The certificate of sponsorship gotten from the job he got covers for him, me and my son.
Im presently pregnant and we are thinking we both apply together first and afterwards he'd sponsor my son and new baby in a few months.
Having a Tier 2 visa now will make it easier for me to apply for jobs and get one before i resign from my current job in Nigeria
Now i dont know how easy it will be to apply for the children later, hoping it wouldnt raise a red flag. Or do I just wait and have my baby in a few months time and apply later with the 2 kids.
Im so confused right now and your advise would be highly appreciated. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.