Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529472 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 9:39pm On Jul 26, 2017
ekpotek:

UEA entry stamp does not really matter as anyone can visit Dubai if they can afford! The cost of your trip will include air ticket, accommodation, local transport event tickets etc. Since you plan to stay with your cousin, establishing this relationship will be the key to your success. So focus on that aspect.

Thanks for your swift response. Really appreciate!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 11:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this forum. Pls I need to know about this Uk new documents scanning process, I read on TLScontact that all documents must be presented in A4 size copies, Do I have to make photocopies of each documents? Pls anyone with better understanding of this new procedure should kindly throw more light. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 11:27pm On Jul 26, 2017
ekpotek:

UEA entry stamp does not really matter as anyone can visit Dubai if they can afford! The cost of your trip will include air ticket, accommodation, local transport event tickets etc. Since you plan to stay with your cousin, establishing this relationship will be the key to your success. So focus on that aspect.

But the refusal at the point of entry or deportation stamp count? if any of those aforementioned counts,the entry stamps also do count,may be all you could have said was it is not as strong as sone countries visa,the cost of holidaying in UAE is at par or a bit more expensive compare going to uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:00am On Jul 27, 2017
fakmurphy:
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this forum. Pls I need to know about this Uk new documents scanning process, I read on TLScontact that all documents must be presented in A4 size copies, Do I have to make photocopies of each documents? Pls anyone with better understanding of this new procedure should kindly throw more light. Thanks.

TLS would not send your original documents to Sheffield. They would scan them at your appointment and give the documents back to you and send the scanned documents to Sheffield. All those documents you use as supporting documents need to be A4 for them to scan them. If you have any documents that aren't on A4 size paper, then you make a copy of that document unto a standard A4 size and attend the appointment with these and the rest..

YOU ONLY NEED TO PHOTOCOPY DOCUMENTS THAT ARE EITHER SMALLER OR LARGER THAN A STANDARD A4 SIZE, e.g. marriage certificate...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:48am On Jul 27, 2017
Solatium:

But the refusal at the point of entry or deportation stamp count? if any of those aforementioned counts,the entry stamps also do count,may be all you could have said was it is not as strong as sone countries visa,the cost of holidaying in UAE is at par or a bit more expensive compare going to uk

My point is that getting a UAE visa is not as strenuous as that of UK, USA, Canada, Australia and other countries with immigration control issues. So the ECO may not view a visit to UAE as a strong travel history since anyone with enough cash can easily get a UAE visa and visit. The truth is that many Nigerian tourist visa applicants uses UAE or SA to 'disvirgin' their passport to accumulate travel history before applying for either a UK, USA, Schengen countries visa or after been refused. The ECO are quite aware of this trick!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oluebbie: 6:47am On Jul 27, 2017
@ekpotek @justwise please anyone.

Please how do I contact UKVI (either by email or phone)? I applied for my parents to come for my graduation ( which I have had to deffer since no response). They went for their appointment on the 19th of June and I received mail.on the 2nd of July that it was still under consideration. Since then I have been tracking and the status has not changed.
Please what's the best line of action?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 27, 2017
Hi,thanks very much for this site! Very helpful.Can anyone help pls?I travelled to the UK 2008,i overstayed my 6month UK visa .I spent 8years in the UK without paper..I came back to Niger to do a fresh application for 6month...Bt in 2008 wen entering the UK I thumprinted and did a finger print respectively... My question is I head another new passport now with same name on it..pls if I apply now will UKBA issue me a visa?hope I wouldn't have any problems cos of my past?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:38am On Jul 27, 2017
teddytunde:
Hi,thanks very much for this site! Very helpful.Can anyone help pls?I travelled to the UK 2008,i overstayed my 6month UK visa .I spent 8years in the UK without paper..I came back to Niger to do a fresh application for 6month...Bt in 2008 wen entering the UK I thumprinted and did a finger print respectively... My question is I head another new passport now with same name on it..pls if I apply now will UKBA issue me a visa?hope I wouldn't have any problems cos of my past?

The fact that you were allowed into the UK in 2008 after overstaying for 8 years and returning voluntaryly is a big plus and it is very rare. Thumb and finger printing taking at POE is a standard immigration procedure worldwide for non-citizen. You can apply with your new passport, and it will be linked to your old passport as everything now is biometric. There is no way you can escape it as your past will certainly come out if UKVI wishes to investigate you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 8:39am On Jul 27, 2017
ekpotek:

My point is that getting a UAE visa is not as strenuous as that of UK, USA, Canada, Australia and other countries with immigration control issues. So the ECO may not view a visit to UAE as a strong travel history since anyone with enough cash can easily get a UAE visa and visit. The truth is that many Nigerian tourist visa applicants uses UAE or SA to 'disvirgin' their passport to accumulate travel history before applying for either a UK, USA, Schengen countries visa or after been refused. The ECO are quite aware of this trick!

Do you blame anyone who go to UAE,SA even Kenya to gather a travel history? The ECO started this discriminatory acts of no travel history to deny applicants and since people knows that they have resorted to all sorts of visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chinlov: 9:18am On Jul 27, 2017
pls when did you apply?
inphoenix:

Hello Xto4 and everyone else caught up in the decision delay. The UKVI website finally recognized my GWF number yesterday and a decision was said to have been updated on July 22nd. The TLS website hasn't been updated to reflect the decision made tho. I submitted at Ikeja on the 6th of June.

I hope y'all's decisions will trickle in this week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 27, 2017
This person is absolutely current in regarding UK stuff! Bravo to you!!!Pls wat do you suggest I should do?I'm tired of Niger and I just wanted to gerraout of here however!Wat if I process SCHENGEN VISA'?and from there I find my way get to the UK pls?An adeage says;''I didn't know wat I had before until I lost it''I Pity myself for this kind of situation found me..pls need your kind advice regarding this! God bless your family and you!!!
ekpotek:

The fact that you were allowed into the UK in 2008 after overstaying for 8 years and returning voluntaryly is a big plus and it is very rare. Thumb and finger printing taking at POE is a standard immigration procedure worldwide for non-citizen. You can apply with your new passport, and it will be linked to your old passport as everything now is biometric. There is no way you can escape it as your past will certainly come out if UKVI wishes to investigate you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 9:50am On Jul 27, 2017
Hi @Fabfiyin, have you picked up your passport yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 27, 2017
Solatium:

Do you blame anyone who go to UAE,SA even Kenya to gather a travel history? The ECO started this discriminatory acts of no travel history to deny applicants and since people knows that they have resorted to all sorts of visa application

This issue of travelling everywhere before applying for a UK visa is quite interesting, cos if your application is convincing you need not have travelled anywhere before and you will be issued your Visa. Talking from experience.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 27, 2017
teddytunde:
When did you return
how did you return Voluntary or was removed
Over staying for 8 Years according to guidance note means automatic decline to your Visa Application
They definitely know you will overstay again
Thumb and finger print is on the Data Base, you live in UK for 8 years you should know all these by now.
They will link your passport even if it has different name, once you go for bio metrics the computer will bring up your application history.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 27, 2017
feranmi84:

Thanks for your response!

This time I'm thinking of reducing my cost to say 500k which will be a little above 3 months salary.

My cousin lives in Kent and he said i can visit Kent and East Succex Railway, Windsor Castle, Chatham Historic Dock yard, Botany Bay, Leed Castle and other places like Big Ben, Westminster Cathedral, house of paliament, The London Eye, Tower of London.
Playing the devils advocate here, why did you not use your cousins address in the first place?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 10:50am On Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for your help I really appreciate, I remember there use to be a photocopy desk (not free) at the Ikeja centre, are they still doing that?

Brightingsus:

TLS would not send your original documents to Sheffield. They would scan them at your appointment and give the documents back to you and send the scanned documents to Sheffield. All those documents you use as supporting documents need to be A4 for them to scan them. If you have any documents that aren't on A4 size paper, then you make a copy of that document unto a standard A4 size and attend the appointment with these and the rest..

YOU ONLY NEED TO PHOTOCOPY DOCUMENTS THAT ARE EITHER SMALLER OR LARGER THAN A STANDARD A4 SIZE, e.g. marriage certificate...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2017
Advisory:

Playing the devils advocate here, why did you not use your cousins address in the first place?

In fact, as at the time i submitted my application in 2014, i was not in contact with him for years. It was few months after he came to Nigeria for his wedding that I connected we him and his siblings again. So there was no way i would have said I have a family in the Uk. Should that be a problem?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sandraa(f): 11:43am On Jul 27, 2017
fakmurphy:

Make A4 copy of any document or photo you are submitting.
you DO NOT need to make copy of any other document.
all originals will be scanned and returned immediately in your presence.

I repeat you do not need to make copy of any document except documents not in A4.

reason is the scanning machine scans all document together.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hi guys!

My cousin finally received an email from TLS this morning that a decision has been made. She submitted her documents on the 12th July in Abuja. Hopefully the visa is inside!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
feranmi84:

In fact, as at the time i submitted my application in 2014, i was not in contact with him for years. It was few months after he came to Nigeria for his wedding that I connected we him and his siblings again. So there was no way i would have said I have a family in the Uk. Should that be a problem?
Please explain it the way you just did in your future application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
Advisory:

This issue of travelling everywhere before applying for a UK visa is quite interesting, cos if your application is convincing you need not have travelled anywhere before and you will be issued your Visa. Talking from experience.

My first visa ever was a UK visa,after which I had gone to few other places too,but visa application is not what it use to be where you are purely judge on merit of your documents or words spoken at interviews,it is now base on Documents merits/interview plus a solid financial base,travel history and other assumption by the ECO,at least we can read that from those who had been a victim
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
SasaOgs:
Hi guys!

My cousin finally received an email from TLS this morning that a decision has been made. She submitted her documents on the 12th July in Abuja. Hopefully the visa is inside!
Let us know the outcome people, it will be helpful if we can trend the delay and decisions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2017
SasaOgs:
Hi guys!

12th of June or July? Please let us know the outcome, thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2017
Advisory:

Please explain it the way you just did in your future application.

Ok thank you for this. Will definitely do as you have suggested.

I also wish to address the previous visa refusal in my next application. Thus wondering if I should include it in the space for "Additional information"

Or can I type and print it as part of documents to submit if the space provided for "Additional Info" is not enough?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chinlov: 1:13pm On Jul 27, 2017
12th July or June
thats so fast if its July!
SasaOgs:
Hi guys!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2017
Good day all, I just joined this platform and this is my first post.Firstly let me thank you all for the very information and helpful posts I have read so far. Thanks for sharing.

Question 1, Which visa should I apply for? I will be travelling to the US next month with Virgin Atlantic. I will stop over at Heathrow for 3 hours when going and 15 hours when returning back. I have made all checks and certain that I do not need a transit visa. Now I would like to apply for a UK visa 6 months Standard Visitor or 48 hour transit visa to enable me stop in London for a few days instead of waiting at the Airport for 15 hours (My ticket is amendable).

Question 2 Am I eligible to use the Priority Visa Service (since my travel date is the 15th of August)? My last UK visa was a 2 year family visitor visa in 2012 which was denied initially and later granted when I appealed the decision. I saw the below information on the TLS website.

Customers who fall into the following categories are advised not use the Priority Visa Service :You should be aware that you may experience extended processing times if any of the following factors apply, if you have:

• previously been refused a visa for the UK, and/or;

Please advise accordingly. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
12th of June or July...which one?
Chinlov:
12th July or June
thats so fast if its July!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oluebbie: 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2017
Please anyone, what's the best way to contact UKVI?

Oluebbie:
Please how do I contact UKVI (either by email or phone)? I applied for my parents to come for my graduation ( which I have had to deffer since no response). They went for their appointment on the 19th of June and I received mail.on the 2nd of July that it was still under consideration. Since then I have been tracking and the status has not changed.
Please what's the best line of action?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by twinkle1(m): 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2017
Oluebbie:

Please anyone, what's the best way to contact UKVI?

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk

i called them yesterday and told about my visa delay ..they told me a decision has been made ..they sent my documents through dhl 10 minutes after the call

NOTE . you will charged from your credit or debit card once the call connects to a spokesman..so get ready to have a valid card by your side because the voice prompt before the call will ask for it (card numbers including Security no)..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 27, 2017
twinkle1:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk

i called them yesterday and told about my visa delay ..they told me a decision has been made ..they sent my documents through dhl 10 minutes after the call

NOTE . you will charged from your credit or debit card once the call connects to a spokesman..so get ready to have a valid card by your side because the voice prompt before the call will ask for it (card numbers including Security no)..
when did you apply,
what visa
where
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 27, 2017
feranmi84:

Ok thank you for this. Will definitely do as you have suggested.

I also wish to address the previous visa refusal in my next application. Thus wondering if I should include it in the space for "Additional information"

Or can I type and print it as part of documents to submit if the space provided for "Additional Info" is not enough?
you can do both
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
Just track my application on ukvi website it shows decided, 25th July.. Glory be to God. Waiting for tls to send a mail because it hasn't been updated on their website yet!

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.