Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529738 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Jul 24, 2017
Legacy666:
Goodmorning all, I'm new here and want some clarification on sponsored uk tourist visa @ justwise, advisory, ekpotek, etc. I currently work with bank as contract staff for more than two years now, and my salary is 60k aside commission monthly. My brother in-law wants to sponsor my trip to uk as a gift for my annual leave around October. This are my questions;

1. Can an adult be sponsored?

2. Aside his bank statement and sponsorship letter, what other documents will I need from him.

3. Should he use his oil and gas company bank statement or his personal account?

4.I have less than 300k in my account for now cos I didn't plan for it, hope it won't be an issue?

Thanks.

Your chances of getting a visa is low.

An adult can't sponsor you for visiting visa because it simply means that you don't have a strong tie to Nigeria, your job/salary is one of your main tie to Nigeria, as its you can't afford the trip based on what you earn currently.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
fabfiyin1:

Same here, applied 6th June, travel date passed already, contacted them last week, was told still under consideration that I should note it can take up to 60 working days. However over the weekend I tracked using the link provided earlier on this thread and it shows decided last Thursday, yet to hear anything official from them tho. Fingers crossed.
was it vi you submitted your application? Which site the one I know always showing not recognise when I input my GWF number... Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fabfiyin1: 2:05pm On Jul 24, 2017
Yeah, dt same site, used to show not recognized till saturday, meanwhile i contacted them on Thurday oo but the site wasnt updated then. Started showing decided on Saturday but put Thursday as reference date.
Submitted in Ikeja tho.
xto4:
was it vi you submitted your application? Which site the one I know always showing not recognise when I input my GWF number... Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2017
justwise:

Your chances of getting a visa is low.

An adult can't sponsor you for visiting visa because it simply means that you don't have a strong tie to Nigeria, your job/salary is one of your main tie to Nigeria, as its you can't afford the trip based on what you earn currently.
You people that keep saying adults cannot be sponsored have forgotten that children living in the UK have sponsored their parents who are retired or were even farmers, traders and are you saying those people are not classed as adults or not being sponsored?
Who fiancé that sponsored fiancées that aren't earning much in Nigeria to visit them in UK ( are those not adults too?)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
justwise:

..from the last 6months..read that gain if you want

It simply means 6months and not 3 or 4.

Like I said people I know have applied with 3 months statement and got the Visa
and I have called UKVI to confirm and they say it does not have to be six months but within the last 6 months.
I put it to you to also call UKVI.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2017
TatPat:

1)An adult being sponsored is a red flag, the only time sponsoring an adult on leave can make sense is if the sponsor lives in the uk and is inviting you over(just my own opinion).
Being a contract staff is also a red flag, meaning you have no strong ties to your country.(it's best when you are a permanent staff because a contract job can be withdrawn at any time.
Earning 60k is also a red flag because they will feel you might run away if you get a better job in the uk(just my opinion). Someone else on naira land might have a better answer for you.

Real life story, I had a friend sponsored by someone in government in naija for UK and US Visa and guess what she Got it.
it is all about packaging of the visa application and how convincing it is

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
fabfiyin1:

Same here, applied 6th June, travel date passed already, contacted them last week, was told still under consideration that I should note it can take up to 60 working days. However over the weekend I tracked using the link provided earlier on this thread and it shows decided last Thursday, yet to hear anything official from them tho. Fingers crossed.
Are you referring to this link?
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus
and did you use the GWF reference number?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2017
Advisory:

You people that keep saying adults cannot be sponsored have forgotten that children living in the UK have sponsored their parents who are retired or were even farmers, traders and are you saying those people are not classed as adults or not being sponsored?
Who fiancé that sponsored fiancées that aren't earning much in Nigeria to visit them in UK ( are those not adults too?)

I also wonder. I have sponsored my mum on 3 occasions including this last one and my whole family in 2014 and they were all given visas. It's not in the sponsoring but in the surrounding circumstances

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fabfiyin1: 4:16pm On Jul 24, 2017
Yes to both
Advisory:

Are you referring to this link?
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus
and did you use the GWF reference number?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2017
showstopa:

I also wonder. I have sponsored my mum on 3 occasions including this last one and my whole family in 2014 and they were all given visas. It's not in the sponsoring but in the surrounding circumstances

You sponsored your immediate family! That's okay but does it make sense for your uncle to sponsor you when he's not the one you are going to see in the u.k.
You guys should always remember that the ECA that reviews the application first before the ECO are Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legacy666(f): 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
Advisory:

1. Anyone can be sponsored mate
3. He can use both account statements to be sure
4. Less than 300k well since your sponsor has got more I will recommend he builds your account for a while before you apply.
2. Documents you need are on UKVI
NOTE: 60k might be an issue mate.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legacy666(f): 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2017
showstopa:

Okay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legacy666(f): 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
Advisory:

Real life story, I had a friend sponsored by someone in government in naija for UK and US Visa and guess what she Got it.

Okay, thanks alot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2017
Advisory:

You are very correct, this people are just doing whatever they like. What about my wife that has used 6 Schengen visas since 2009 and the last one expired just last year, And has used 2 US visas with the last one still valid till end of next year,. Even her last travel was last january to the US but they still refused her visa for church conference in the Uk,on the ground that she didnt fill how much was her salary,& because of that they didnt believe she will return to Nigeria after her visit,. When she has a very good personal statement of account with a good inflow/outflow as well as a balance of up to 4mil,.because we always use her personal account for all our businesses. But u will still see them give visas to people with virgin passports,little amount in Account,and people without any traveling records. So u are very correct & i agree that everyone stands a chance of getting visas depending on the ECO that handles your case.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legacy666(f): 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
Thank you all for your quick responses. God bless u all. I still believe in Grace, there's nothing God can not do, afterall ECO are human not spirit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legacy666(f): 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
Austine2020:
You are very correct, this people are just doing whatever they like. What about my wife that has used 6 Schengen visas since 2009 and the last one expired just last year, And has used 2 US visas with the last one still valid till end of next year,. Even her last travel was last january to the US but they still refused her visa for church conference in the Uk,on the ground that she didnt fill how much was her salary,& because of that they didnt believe she will return to Nigeria after her visit,. When she has a very good personal statement of account with a good inflow/outflow as well as a balance of up to 4mil,.because we always use her personal account for all our businesses. But u will still see them give visas to people with virgin passports,little amount in Account,and people without any traveling records. So u are very correct & i agree that everyone stands a chance of getting visas depending on the ECO that handles your case.

I appreciate. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2017
Advisory:

Like I said people I know have applied with 3 months statement and got the Visa
and I have called UKVI to confirm and they say it does not have to be six months but within the last 6 months.
I put it to you to also call UKVI.

Why should i waste my time and money to call them about something i knew already?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2017
Legacy666:
Thank you all for your quick responses. God bless u all. I still believe in Grace, there's nothing God can not do, afterall ECO are human not spirit.

Be kind enough to come here to update us.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:36am On Jul 25, 2017
Legacy666:

We are all here to offer advises and help each other. Nobody can predict the mind of the ECO. However, given your current circumstances with poor economic and social ties to Nigeria, it will be extremely rare to get a visit visa now. Nonetheless you're free and welcome to give it a try. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legacy666(f): 6:44am On Jul 25, 2017
ekpotek:

We are all here to offer advises and help each other. Nobody can predict the mind of the ECO. However, given your current circumstances with poor economic and social ties to Nigeria, it will be extremely rare to get a visit visa now. Nonetheless you're free and welcome to give it a try. Good luck.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legacy666(f): 6:45am On Jul 25, 2017
justwise:

Be kind enough to come here to update us.

Alright.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Hbaba: 7:04am On Jul 25, 2017
showstopa:

You are right bro. Everyone with his or her own case which is treated differently. It is advisable to do due deligence to application not to waste application fee.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DobraDobra: 9:37am On Jul 25, 2017
Guys/Gurus pls help need here (sorry if story is long )
Visa refused: you stated u are slf employed and a company director with income of #270 per month.
In support of ur application u submitted skye bank closing balance of #3,225,746.20(£807021)
In support again u submitted Guaranty bank #3,203,365.85(£8,014.22)
D credits to dis accounts are not consistent with ur stated monthly income there is no information to explain d origin of this funds therefore I am not satisfied it is genuinely available to you for the purpose of visit.
Whilst I acknowledge you have submitted a covering letter stating that #270k is an estimate d letter is self declaration based on ur word therefore I place little weight on d submission of such document
I also acknowledge u submitted documents pertaining to sales of goods which are receipts books and sales invoices the information are difficult to decipher due to some information being illegible and many of d pages look to have been completed at d same time
I know ur combined accounts have #6,429,143.03(£16280.44) I note that dis amount is 32 times your disposable monthly income
From d document and information provided I am not satisfied that u have accurately presented ur circumstance within nigeria and ur @tentiin in entering uk
Given d above I am not satisfied that u are genuine visitor who will leave Uk after ur visit therefore I am refusing u.

Pls let d following information guide u while u try to help with d above refusal
* this is a renewal after 2 previous visa approvals in last 3 yrs
Dis person used same documents since last 3 yrs d 1st visa application had 2.9m in bank balance and about 4m between the 2 accounts
This person was having valid visa as at d time of submission in may but intend to travel July and d visa would expire last day of may application submitted 5 may
Dis person have been to China dubai turkey south afrika for bizness in d past 3 yrs
D bank accounts are used as bizness and personal did d VO made mistake with dis thinking d 270 should be d only amount to show in d accounts.
Dis person deals in fashion wears, accessories and supply aso ebi for occasions and recently things have been good
Pls can anyone help on how to correct d address dis wrong decision of VO. Thanks sorry for d long story
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 25, 2017
DobraDobra:
Guys/Gurus pls help need here (sorry if story is long )
Visa refused: you stated u are slf employed and a company director with income of #270 per month.
In support of ur application u submitted skye bank closing balance of #3,225,746.20(£807021)
In support again u submitted Guaranty bank #3,203,365.85(£8,014.22)
D credits to dis accounts are not consistent with ur stated monthly income there is no information to explain d origin of this funds therefore I am not satisfied it is genuinely available to you for the purpose of visit.
Whilst I acknowledge you have submitted a covering letter stating that #270k is an estimate d letter is self declaration based on ur word therefore I place little weight on d submission of such document
I also acknowledge u submitted documents pertaining to sales of goods which are receipts books and sales invoices the information are difficult to decipher due to some information being illegible and many of d pages look to have been completed at d same time
I know ur combined accounts have #6,429,143.03(£16280.44) I note that dis amount is 32 times your disposable monthly income
From d document and information provided I am not satisfied that u have accurately presented ur circumstance within nigeria and ur @tentiin in entering uk
Given d above I am not satisfied that u are genuine visitor who will leave Uk after ur visit therefore I am refusing u.

Pls let d following information guide u while u try to help with d above refusal
* this is a renewal after 2 previous visa approvals in last 3 yrs
Dis person used same documents since last 3 yrs d 1st visa application had 2.9m in bank balance and about 4m between the 2 accounts
This person was having valid visa as at d time of submission in may but intend to travel July and d visa would expire last day of may application submitted 5 may
Dis person have been to China dubai turkey south afrika for bizness in d past 3 yrs
D bank accounts are used as bizness and personal did d VO made mistake with dis thinking d 270 should be d only amount to show in d accounts.
Dis person deals in fashion wears, accessories and supply aso ebi for occasions and recently things have been good
Pls can anyone help on how to correct d address dis wrong decision of VO. Thanks sorry for d long story

As you have pointed out, the person had used same details for the previous applications. You need to know that UK immigration are constantly reviewing immigration criteria and which document you used for previous application may not meet new immigration guidelines.
Having said that, the ECO that handles your paper has got a large role to play in granting you Visa or not and in this case he/she was not convinced that the money in the account is yours, as you know the UKVI knows that Some Nigerians only pay money they got from other people into the account for the purpose of visa application( Not saying this is the case here)
However they have stated that the savings in both account is 32 times monthly income and they figure out that you are not declaring something as it will take you 32 Months to save up the money provided you are not spending anything monthly. I am sure they know as a business person you would have made that as a profit hence it would have been better to declare your monthly inflow as your monthly income and state what the profit of that inflow is and what you pay yourself monthly from that money.
When you do apply again, please ensure the money tallies up.
Example, I had a friend applied for US visa and was at the point of being issued the Visa when the interviewer asked her for her Husbands salary, she stated the net salary and not gross as written on the application letter. She got denied because of that. so let the monthly income backs up your savings.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 10:15am On Jul 25, 2017
Good morning all, please i am trying to create an account on https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Account/Register

but get this in after clicking on "Register"

"your registration has been unsuccessful, please see the guidance at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com"

Please is there another uk visa application site? Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DobraDobra: 11:22am On Jul 25, 2017
Advisory:

As you have pointed out, the person had used same details for the previous applications. You need to know that UK immigration are constantly reviewing immigration criteria and which document you used for previous application may not meet new immigration guidelines.
Having said that, the ECO that handles your paper has got a large role to play in granting you Visa or not and in this case he/she was not convinced that the money in the account is yours, as you know the UKVI knows that Some Nigerians only pay money they got from other people into the account for the purpose of visa application( Not saying this is the case here)
However they have stated that the savings in both account is 32 times monthly income and they figure out that you are not declaring something as it will take you 32 Months to save up the money provided you are not spending anything monthly. I am sure they know as a business person you would have made that as a profit hence it would have been better to declare your monthly inflow as your monthly income and state what the profit of that inflow is and what you pay yourself monthly from that money.
Example, I had a friend applied for US visa and was at the point of being issued the Visa when the interviewer asked her for her Husbands salary, she stated the net salary and not gross as written on the application letter. She got denied because of that. so let the monthly income backs up your savings.
Thanks got ur Point here on d issue of d individual VO either overzealouse or just mix up things I thinking d problem is on d earnings which can be called salary . Previous application d earnings was 200k and d former Vos dis not multiply dat by 32. This is a one man bizness money Go in out out as needed and really salary is not separated from d account I can only say here it is imaginary and its not all sales even in thousands u have receipt eg people coming to pick aso ebi from d shop when u have a job of supply thousands of such they just pick and go ur aso ebi on d day of occasion determine u eating rice and drink(LoL). So how do we address dis now coss d money is true d inflows are weekly from daily sales or payments from clients
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DobraDobra: 11:37am On Jul 25, 2017
Advisory:

U also said rules might have changed I wonder what rule that could be so dat one avoid d error again .d same process and documents used in previous application d VO issue now is d money are they saying its a crime to make progress. I believe d VO forgot it's a one man bizness and no pay slip. In short d VO means previous visa was a mistake?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 11:38am On Jul 25, 2017
DobraDobra:

Thanks got ur Point here on d issue of d individual VO either overzealouse or just mix up things I thinking d problem is on d earnings which can be called salary . Previous application d earnings was 200k and d former Vos dis not multiply dat by 32. This is a one man bizness money Go in out out as needed and really salary is not separated from d account I can only say here it is imaginary and its not all sales even in thousands u have receipt eg people coming to pick aso ebi from d shop when u have a job of supply thousands of such they just pick and go ur aso ebi on d day of occasion determine u eating rice and drink(LoL). So how do we address dis now coss d money is true d inflows are weekly from daily sales or payments from clients
What the Vo want to see is the inflow of income, they are more interested to see how much you earn monthly and see it entering your account every month and there must be documents backing that up like payslip if you employed. But for self employed you needed to be paying your self every month salary and that is what you need to declared on your application backing it up with tax papers and CAC documents. They are not interested in you having millions in your account. If is 200K you declared as your monthly income on your application and it reflects in your account statement for the past six months even if the balance is not even up to a million you can still get the visa since money always come in every month and is demonstrated in your account statement..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DobraDobra: 11:54am On Jul 25, 2017
xto4:
What the Vo want to see is the inflow of income, they are more interested to see how much you earn monthly and see it entering your account every month and there must be documents backing that up like payslip if you employed. But for self employed you needed to be paying your self every month salary and that is what you need to declared on your application backing it up with tax papers and CAC documents. They are not interested in you having millions in your account. If is 200K you declared as your monthly income on your application and it reflects in your account statement for the past six months even if the balance is not even up to a million you can still get the visa since money always come in every month and is demonstrated in your account statement..
I have said all documents included tax can, receipts invoices foreign receipts too. I said one man biz so u mean get a salary account for ur self hmmnn remember I said dis same system two times already with visa remember I said there was still valid visa as at when d documents is with dem for a month . I see no where I will put ur advice ooo. Except d issue of separation of account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 12:09pm On Jul 25, 2017
DobraDobra:

I have said all documents included tax can, receipts invoices foreign receipts too. I said one man biz so u mean get a salary account for ur self hmmnn remember I said dis same system two times already with visa remember I said there was still valid visa as at when d documents is with dem for a month . I see no where I will put ur advice ooo. Except d issue of separation of account.
she stated 270K as income right? Those that reflects in her account every month for the past six months? Yes need to have a separate account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 12:13pm On Jul 25, 2017
DobraDobra:

individual application is based on its own merit, and also based on the vo handling the case maybe this vo must have taken some ogogoro lol... Who knows? But like seriously, it just God who can deliver us all

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.