Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532059 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 11:16am On Jul 26, 2017
lightdream:
Good day house. Please can anyone help me with the call line to get the Sheffield office. Thank you

+442034811736
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2017
justwise:

Your chances of getting a visa is low.

An adult can't sponsor you for visiting visa because it simply means that you don't have a strong tie to Nigeria, your job/salary is one of your main tie to Nigeria, as its you can't afford the trip based on what you earn currently.

My family friend, sponsored his brother who is over 40yrs, the brother had no job...he was given the visa.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lightdream: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2017
TatPat:

+442034811736
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 11:27am On Jul 26, 2017
@Justwise and all, please reason my matter:

I want to renew my UK, visa...my last trip was in 2013 before marriage.
I got married in 2014, husband lives in the UK legally but having tax issues.
I want to get a 6 months visa to visit and spend my leave, I plan to spend only 20 days there.
I work, earn reasonably and I have never overstayed previous visits. Please what are my chances?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:55am On Jul 26, 2017
fpeter:

My family friend, sponsored his brother who is over 40yrs, the brother had no job...he was given the visa.

This case is different and the circumstances here totally different as well. Nonetheless no one here knows the mind of the ECO and no two ECOs are exactly the same albeit there are rules guiding their decisions. Most times ECOs judge by instincts even when you apparently have all they required on paper. This is why some people appeal, wherever possible, and win sometimes.

Whatever info you get here is advisory. However I believe it's better to compare opinions to give you a better position in order to avoid refusals that can attack your travel history.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thecassanova: 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hi guys, please what are the documents needed in getting a UK visiting visa. I'm going for my cousin's wedding in Oct. I'm currently in SA doing Msc where I have Temporary residency through Study permit. What do I need to apply as an holder of Nigerian passport? Must I come back to Nigeria to apply?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thecassanova:
Hi guys, please what are the documents needed in getting a UK visiting visa. I'm going for my cousin's wedding in Oct. I'm currently in SA doing Msc where I have Temporary residency through Study permit. What do I need to apply as an holder of Nigerian passport? Must I come back to Nigeria to apply?

Thanks in anticipation.

The application is basically online and you can apply from anywhere but choosing the option of Nigeria as where you are BUT you would have to go to Nigeria for biometrics if you say you applying from Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hello house, I once applied for a uk visa in 2014 and was invited for interview, but was refused. I learnt it is good to ensure change of circumstances before reapplying.
Thus thought i should share the refusal details on here.

"You have stated that you wish you travel to the UK for sightseeing and will stay the Arora Hotel Heathrow. This in itself leads me to question your intentions as this hotel is next to Heathrow airport and some distance away from the usual tourist sites.
You have given little indication as to how you intend to spend your time, where you intend to travel, what site of interest you intend to visit and why in particular you have chosen the UK for your holiday. I consider it reasonable to expect you to be able to drmonstrate you have some knowledge of your chosen dastination and plans. In the absence of such information it is difficult for me to make any considered judgement as to your true intentions.

I note further you are proposing to spend over 5months of your salary on this trip where you have been unable to credibly explain your reason for travel.

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on probabilities, that you meet the requirements."

My people, in my application i stated bout 5 tourist sites to visit, but guess i was expected to state more (inexperience). And I didn't know i was expected to have vast knowledge of where I've never been to. The cost of my trip was about 700k.

Please need you all to help on how to RESPOND to this because in my next application i will like to address the refusal. Thank you.

Note: I will be staying at my cousin's house. This i believe will definitely reduce the cost of my trip as i wont have to pay for hotel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
fpeter:

I want to get a 6 months visa to visit and spend my leave, I plan to spend only 20 days there.
I work, earn reasonably and I have never overstayed previous visits. Please what are my chances?

your chances are good as the Tax issues does not come into play as long as it is not immigration issues and he does not have a pending, on going case in criminal court or any conviction.
NOTE: the UKVI might deny you based on incorrect visa type ( It has happened to people before) they may prompt you to apply for a dependant visa on your husband as against visiting Visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2017
Brightingsus:

This case is different and the circumstances here totally different as well. Nonetheless no one here knows the mind of the ECO and no two ECOs are exactly the same albeit there are rules guiding their decisions. Most times ECOs judge by instincts even when you apparently have all they required on paper. This is why some people appeal, wherever possible, and win sometimes.

Whatever info you get here is advisory. However I believe it's better to compare opinions to give you a better position in order to avoid refusals that can attack your travel history.

what the initial question was that is it possible to sponsor an adult and the answer there is yes as no immigration law says you cannot sponsor an adult. as to if you will be granted the Visa? that is another thing entirely.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 1:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
Advisory:

your chances are good as the Tax issues does not come into play as long as it is not immigration issues and he does not have a pending, on going case in criminal court or any conviction.
NOTE: the UKVI might deny you based on incorrect visa type ( It has happened to people before) they may prompt you to apply for a dependant visa on your husband as against visiting Visa.

Thanks for your response.
But I don't want to reside in the UK. I only want to visit from time to time. Please what is the correct visa to apply for. My husband is an EU citizen.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
feranmi84:
Hello house, I once applied for a uk visa in 2014 and was invited for interview, but was refused. I learnt it is good to ensure change of circumstances before reapplying.

"You have stated that you wish you travel to the UK for sightseeing and will stay the Arora Hotel Heathrow. This in itself leads me to question your intentions as this hotel is next to Heathrow airport and some distance away from the usual tourist sites.
You have given little indication as to how you intend to spend your time, where you intend to travel, what site of interest you intend to visit and why in particular you have chosen the UK for your holiday. I consider it reasonable to expect you to be able to drmonstrate you have some knowledge of your chosen dastination and plans. In the absence of such information it is difficult for me to make any considered judgement as to your true intentions.

I note further you are proposing to spend over 5months of your salary on this trip where you have been unable to credibly explain your reason for travel.

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on probabilities, that you meet the requirements."

My people, in my application i stated bout 5 tourist sites to visit, but guess i was expected to state more (inexperience). And I didn't know i was expected to have vast knowledge of where I've never been to. The cost of my trip was about 700k.

Please need you all to help on how to RESPOND to this because in my next application i will like to address the refusal. Thank you.

Note: I will be staying at my cousin's house. This i believe will definitely reduce the cost of my trip as i wont have to pay for hotel.

What will be new cost be? and how many months salary does that amount to?
have you not done the research as to proximity of the tourist centres to your cousins house
where does your cousin live?
which tourist centres in UK do you want to go to?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
fpeter:

Thanks for your response.
But I don't want to reside in the UK. I only want to visit from time to time. Please what is the correct visa to apply for. My husband is an EU citizen.

I will tell you an example, a friend of mine got married in Nigeria before going to the UK for masters and subsequently stayed back after masters.
the Mrs first travelled on Visiting Visa when he was a student and all was ok, she later renewed the visiting visa when he started work in the UK and she got the visa alright in Nigeria. When she got to Heathrow, the immigration officer delayed her at the airport for about 3 hours because they said she has got a wrong visa type. Because the husband was now working in the UK the correct visa should be dependant visa then. She was told she will be refused entry if she does not change the visa in the future.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 1:35pm On Jul 26, 2017
Advisory:

I will tell you an example, a friend of mine got married in Nigeria before going to the UK for masters and subsequently stayed back after masters.
the Mrs first travelled on Visiting Visa when he was a student and all was ok, she later renewed the visiting visa when he started work in the UK and she got the visa alright in Nigeria. When she got to Heathrow, the immigration officer delayed her at the airport for about 3 hours because they said she has got a wrong visa type. Because the husband was now working in the UK the correct visa should be dependant visa then. She was told she will be refused entry if she does not change the visa in the future.

So i should get the dependent visa category?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
fpeter:

So i should get the dependent visa category?

It is advisable but very expensive as you will also have to pay for health surcharge.
You can put the visiting visa through and explain in detail you do not wish to settle in the UK hence the visiting Visa and hope for the best.
Regards

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
Advisory:

It is advisable but very expensive as you will also have to pay for health surcharge.
You can put the visiting visa through and explain in detail you do not wish to settle in the UK hence the visiting Visa and hope for the best.
Regards

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2017
fpeter:

Only the ECO can determine your chances. Since your husband is legally based in the UK, UKVI will definitely called him to answers some questions about you and the marriage. If his responses does not tally with what you filled in the online application form or document submitted, it will be automatic refusal! You can apply for the standard visitor visa (family visitor) since you do not have the intention of living in the UK for now.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thecassanova:

Thanks in anticipation.

You can apply and submitted your documents and biometric in South Africa, since you have a permit to be in that country. For necessary documents go to UKVI website and read the requirement for a Standard Visitor visa; or read backward on this thread. Then come and ask questions on what you do not understand.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2017
ekpotek:

Only the ECO can determine your chances. Since your husband is legally based in the UK, UKVI will definitely called him to answers some questions about you and the marriage. If his responses does not tally with what you filled in the online application form or document submitted, it will be automatic refusal! You can apply for the standard visitor visa (family visitor) since you do not have the intention of living in the UK for now.

Thanks sir...I appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
feranmi84:

You refusal was based on the fact that you choose to stay in an hotel that was very far from town and tourist sites. That hotel is normally used by transit passengers and not tourist! The funding issues was secondary, as the ECO have already decided that you do not know where you are going visit. Do you have good travel history to convince the ECO as a frequent tourist in your new application? Did you disclosed that you have a cousin in the UK your last application? To address the refusal letter, simple tell the ECO that you were naive in your last application and that you have now done extensive research on the UK this time around. List the tourist sites, its significance to you and why you love to visit. Draw up an itinerary of you day-to-day schedule in the UK. Above all, try and convince the ECO why you prefer to visit the UK and not the USA or Japan!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2017
Advisory:

What will be new cost be? and how many months salary does that amount to?
have you not done the research as to proximity of the tourist centres to your cousins house
where does your cousin live?
which tourist centres in UK do you want to go to?

Thanks for your response!

This time I'm thinking of reducing my cost to say 500k which will be a little above 3 months salary.

My cousin lives in Kent and he said i can visit Kent and East Succex Railway, Windsor Castle, Chatham Historic Dock yard, Botany Bay, Leed Castle and other places like Big Ben, Westminster Cathedral, house of paliament, The London Eye, Tower of London.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
Please house is it only numbers or I will include GWF while tracking my application on UKVI site.
Yommieyomi:
Is it only the number you inputed or you start with GWF plus the numbers?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 3:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
Yommieyomi:
Please house is it only numbers or I will include GWF while tracking my application on UKVI site.
you should include the GWF as it written e.g GWF123456778
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 4:03pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thank you.
xto4:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thecassanova: 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
Brightingsus:

The application is basically online and you can apply from anywhere but choosing the option of Nigeria as where you are BUT you would have to go to Nigeria for biometrics if you say you applying from Nigeria
Thanks, can U please send the link.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thecassanova: 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2017
ekpotek:

You can apply and submitted your documents and biometric in South Africa, since you have a permit to be in that country. For necessary documents go to UKVI website and read the requirement for a Standard Visitor visa; or read backward on this thread. Then come and ask questions on what you do not understand.
Thanks a bunch.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 4:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
ekpotek:

You refusal was based on the fact that you choose to stay in an hotel that was very far from town and tourist sites. That hotel is normally used by transit passengers and not tourist! The funding issues was secondary, as the ECO have already decided that you do not know where you are going visit. Do you have good travel history to convince the ECO as a frequent tourist in your new application? Did you disclosed that you have a cousin in the UK your last application? To address the refusal letter, simple tell the ECO that you were naive in your last application and that you have now done extensive research on the UK this time around. List the tourist sites, its significance to you and why you love to visit. Draw up an itinerary of you day-to-day schedule in the UK. Above all, try and convince the ECO why you prefer to visit the UK and not the USA or Japan!

Thanks alot, really appreciate. Well I'm not a frequent tourist, but I've travelled to the UAE as a tourist after the refusal. Does it matter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 4:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
ekpotek:

Thanks alot, really appreciate. Well I'm not a frequent tourist, but I've travelled to the UAE as a tourist after the refusal. Does it matter? Should i make the cost of my trip to around £1000 cos i wont be staying up to 2week and dont want the cost to be too high?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fabfiyin1: 5:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
Got a tls mail today that's it's ready for collection. Since June 6. Yet to collect tho.
xto4:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
fabfiyin1:
Got a tls mail today that's it's ready for collection. Since June 6. Yet to collect tho.
oh I wish you all the best...still waiting for mine to be decided, same 6th of June.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2017
feranmi84:

Thanks alot, really appreciate. Well I'm not a frequent tourist, but I've travelled to the UAE as a tourist after the refusal. Does it matter? Should i make the cost of my trip to around £1000 cos i wont be staying up to 2week and dont want the cost to be too high?

UEA entry stamp does not really matter as anyone can visit Dubai if they can afford! The cost of your trip will include air ticket, accommodation, local transport event tickets etc. Since you plan to stay with your cousin, establishing this relationship will be the key to your success. So focus on that aspect.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oluebbie: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
Please how do I contact UKVI (either by email or phone)? I applied for my parents to come for my graduation ( which I have had to deffer since no response). They went for their appointment on the 19th of June and I received mail.on the 2nd of July that it was still under consideration. Since then I have been tracking and the status has not changed.
Please what's the best line of action?

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.