Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,388 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530766 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DobraDobra: 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2017
xto4:
individual application is based on its own merit, and also based on the vo handling the case maybe this vo must have taken some ogogoro lol... Who knows? But like seriously, it just God who can deliver us all
U know dat kind situation u look look and look and wonder dats y I brought it to public opinion may be diverse opinion can help. D SAD thing is d pali spent 2 months with dem dey dint respond until calls where made 4 times d last date of call was d decision day if person know sebi person go don use d visa travel den go to Turkey to do bizness dey just dabaru all and clients job dey goods not yet bought. Frustrating but no wahala dia refusal can't destroy. Na dem go give it back when dey are ready. I am convinced na all dis I just finish college guys be d VO zero experience can't check bk on previous records and see consistency d person see applications faint come dey do rubbish. Next turn france bizness and life must go on. I will be back sha oo coss no one don give me how I go yeye d VO yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
DobraDobra:

Thanks got ur Point here on d issue of d individual VO either overzealouse or just mix up things I thinking d problem is on d earnings which can be called salary . Previous application d earnings was 200k and d former Vos dis not multiply dat by 32. This is a one man bizness money Go in out out as needed and really salary is not separated from d account I can only say here it is imaginary and its not all sales even in thousands u have receipt eg people coming to pick aso ebi from d shop when u have a job of supply thousands of such they just pick and go ur aso ebi on d day of occasion determine u eating rice and drink(LoL). So how do we address dis now coss d money is true d inflows are weekly from daily sales or payments from clients

I am only putting myself in the position of the case officer based on his/her response. If you have close to 16k in your account collectively as a business person (case officer is UK based and that's what he is exposed to not the way we do business in naija) he would expect that on the average you make about £1500 - 2000 monthly ( My personal view) out of which profit margin maybe about £800 - £1300 then it will look realistic that you are able to have 16K pounds in your account. ( All my view)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2017
DobraDobra:

U also said rules might have changed I wonder what rule that could be so dat one avoid d error again .d same process and documents used in previous application d VO issue now is d money are they saying its a crime to make progress. I believe d VO forgot it's a one man bizness and no pay slip. In short d VO means previous visa was a mistake?

what I mean by rules is the guidelines that Case officers are given to look at documents or new trainings that they have received. Remember Visa decisions used to be made in naija up on till December last year. There must have been a genuine reason that was done.
and lastly it is always at the discretion of the ECO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DobraDobra: 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2017
Advisory:

what I mean by rules is the guidelines that Case officers are given to look at documents or new trainings that they have received. Remember Visa decisions used to be made in naija up on till December last year. There must have been a genuine reason that was done.
and lastly it is always at the discretion of the ECO
Thanks d person must be indeed jjc na one yeye I just finish college. I are correct d issue of moving it's outside Nija may be a factor for some people coss VO do not understand some local style unlike d real people on ground abi how do I explained. Wasbis aso ebi for a VO based in Uk how do I explain we don't issue receipt for such even if d whole of Nija have to buy from one person. Again dis earning issue dat looks like d main problem here is d VO asking for bizness earning and not business owners earning as per salary. As sole proprietor one have access to d accounts d accounts are even on d owners name not on d bizness. In short dis VO just cause headache. Thanks for d contribution but pls explain dia dia earning better is it for self or for business d question was how much do u earn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 25, 2017
DobraDobra:

Thanks d person must be indeed jjc na one yeye I just finish college. I are correct d issue of moving it's outside Nija may be a factor for some people coss VO do not understand some local style unlike d real people on ground abi how do I explained. Wasbis aso ebi for a VO based in Uk how do I explain we don't issue receipt for such even if d whole of Nija have to buy from one person. Again dis earning issue dat looks like d main problem here is d VO asking for bizness earning and not business owners earning as per salary. As sole proprietor one have access to d accounts d accounts are even on d owners name not on d bizness. In short dis VO just cause headache. Thanks for d contribution but pls explain dia dia earning better is it for self or for business d question was how much do u earn

With earnings in UK this is how it works, we are used to Limited liability company and even it is just one person. Registration is normally online and cost like 20 pounds.
At the end of every year you use an accountant to sort out what you have earned as a company and how much of it has gone to expenses. you pay your NI and tax based on what is left.
And for the individual running the business, if you pay yourself salary then you pay your taxes on the salary you paid yourself, or if you paid yourself dividend (cheaper tax) you pay tax on that.
In the UK the business money is not your money as you may have liabilities like loans from the bank and other business expenses that you will have to pay for, so generally you need to be able to indicate what part of that business money is yours.
And you are right might be a newly trained ECO, it doesn't have to be a graduate though as experience counts better that degree in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2017
DobraDobra:
Guys/Gurus pls help need here (sorry if story is long )
Visa refused: you stated u are slf employed and a company director with income of #270 per month.
In support of ur application u submitted skye bank closing balance of #3,225,746.20(£807021)
In support again u submitted Guaranty bank #3,203,365.85(£8,014.22)
D credits to dis accounts are not consistent with ur stated monthly income there is no information to explain d origin of this funds therefore I am not satisfied it is genuinely available to you for the purpose of visit.
Whilst I acknowledge you have submitted a covering letter stating that #270k is an estimate d letter is self declaration based on ur word therefore I place little weight on d submission of such document
I also acknowledge u submitted documents pertaining to sales of goods which are receipts books and sales invoices the information are difficult to decipher due to some information being illegible and many of d pages look to have been completed at d same time
I know ur combined accounts have #6,429,143.03(£16280.44) I note that dis amount is 32 times your disposable monthly income
From d document and information provided I am not satisfied that u have accurately presented ur circumstance within nigeria and ur @tentiin in entering uk
Given d above I am not satisfied that u are genuine visitor who will leave Uk after ur visit therefore I am refusing u.

Pls let d following information guide u while u try to help with d above refusal
* this is a renewal after 2 previous visa approvals in last 3 yrs
Dis person used same documents since last 3 yrs d 1st visa application had 2.9m in bank balance and about 4m between the 2 accounts
This person was having valid visa as at d time of submission in may but intend to travel July and d visa would expire last day of may application submitted 5 may
Dis person have been to China dubai turkey south afrika for bizness in d past 3 yrs
D bank accounts are used as bizness and personal did d VO made mistake with dis thinking d 270 should be d only amount to show in d accounts.
Dis person deals in fashion wears, accessories and supply aso ebi for occasions and recently things have been good
Pls can anyone help on how to correct d address dis wrong decision of VO. Thanks sorry for d long story

Hi sorry for the refusal. In order for us to help you to address this issue. First What was the purpose of your application? General visit, family visit or business visit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2017
ekpotek:

Hi sorry for the refusal. In order for us to help you to address this issue. First What was the purpose of your application? General visit, family visit or business visit?
ekpotek today make it 7 weeks still haven't hear from them . Mine is general visit going for vacation and my leaves end this week friday.. Hope they won't look at that because they the one delaying and sent me apology email the other time on 27th June that my application remains under consideration

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2017
xto4:
ekpotek today make it 7 weeks still haven't hear from them . Mine is general visit going for vacation and my leaves end this week friday.. Hope they won't look at that because they the one delaying and sent me apology email the other time on 27th June that my application remains under consideration

Sorry about the delays. You just need to wait until your passport is return. Since yours is a general visit for vacation (not a most), and the time would have passed, you can still be issued a visa. However, this will depend on your previous travel history if any. The ECO knowing that your leave has expired, due to no fault of yours, will have to rely on you pass travel history either to issue a visa if you merit it or cooked up some refusals reasons to deny you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hello Xto4 and everyone else caught up in the decision delay. The UKVI website finally recognized my GWF number yesterday and a decision was said to have been updated on July 22nd. The TLS website hasn't been updated to reflect the decision made tho. I submitted at Ikeja on the 6th of June.

I hope y'all's decisions will trickle in this week.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2017
DobraDobra:

U also said rules might have changed I wonder what rule that could be so dat one avoid d error again .d same process and documents used in previous application d VO issue now is d money are they saying its a crime to make progress. I believe d VO forgot it's a one man bizness and no pay slip. In short d VO means previous visa was a mistake?
Thats what i can't understand.if u dont have sufficient funds,they deny u for that,if u have sufficient funds they say u couldn't explain the origin of money,. Just imagine after using 2 visas in 3 years,suddenly they dont believe u will leave UK after your visit,.If u wanted to run away since, u must have done that longtime ago with those previous visas or u must have used your remaining duration on your last visa and run away before it expires in end of May. My dear u didn't do anything wrong since this is the way u Obtained your previous 2 visas. Its just that the ECO that handled your application is wicked and don't want to give u,simple as that. U might reapply now and another ECO might give u back your visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
xto4:
individual application is based on its own merit, and also based on the vo handling the case maybe this vo must have taken some ogogoro lol... Who knows? But like seriously, it just God who can deliver us all
U have said it all,the ECO just drank Ogogoro,Lol. he/she is not in his normal senses. because this their last episode of "I am not sure u will leave UK after your visit" is just laughable, because how can someone that have used your 2 visas in last 3 years and still has a valid visa as at the time of submission for renewal not leave UK after his visit? if he has intention of living in the UK,why is he waiting for so long to do that or why didn't he use his remaining last visa to run away instead of submitting it for renewal,.Lol. its just not fair.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DobraDobra: 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
Austine2020:
Thats what i can't understand.if u dont have sufficient funds,they deny u for that,if u have sufficient funds they say u couldn't explain the origin of money,. Just imagine after using 2 visas in 3 years,suddenly they dont believe u will leave UK after your visit,.If u wanted to run away since, u must have done that longtime ago with those previous visas or u must have used your remaining duration on your last visa and run away before it expires in end of May. My dear u didn't do anything wrong since this is the way u Obtained your previous 2 visas. Its just that the ECO that handled your application is wicked and don't want to give u,simple as that. U might reapply now and another ECO might give u back your visa.
May u be blessed. When they got it wrong we need to tell them they are wrong as simple as dat. Dis must be a drunk one. Sure application will be tendered again but other things will occupy time now to give space and will be sure d money remain same. They do god as if they're know it all

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DobraDobra: 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2017
ekpotek:

Thanks for showing interest but u must have missed d point in d writeup dis application is a renewal got previous 6months and 2 yrs after dis is 3rd application for ur information all other visits have been done without knowing any family it's all hotel accommodation all previous documents also submitted dis sis simple tourist renewal just holiday as simple as dat . Remember there was still 1 month visa left on d passport at at d time of reapplying so no need of claiming one want to run away

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
inphoenix:

Hello Xto4 and everyone else caught up in the decision delay. The UKVI website finally recognized my GWF number yesterday and a decision was said to have been updated on July 22nd. The TLS website hasn't been updated to reflect the decision made tho. I submitted at Ikeja on the 6th of June.

oh that means their site is not updated immediately they decide it takes some days to update did you try checking it that Saturday 22nd of July? Or u checked before and was still not recognised, what time did to check it online yesterday? Just hoping ours come before this week runs out . Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2017
I was checking it up to 20times everyday o! grin Lol. In fact I had checked just barely 30 minutes before and it didn't recognize my GWF number, only for me to check again around 630pm and saw decision was updated on 22nd July.

All things being equal, expect yours will come in a couple of days.

I'm still waiting for TLS to update tho'.

xto4:
oh that means their site is not updated immediately they decide it takes some days to update did you try checking it that Saturday 22nd of July? Or u checked before and was still not recognised, what time did to check it online yesterday? Just hoping ours come before this week runs out . Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2017
inphoenix:
did u make any effort to call them before?
I was checking it up to 20times everyday o! grin Lol. In fact I had checked just barely 30 minutes before and it didn't recognize my GWF number, only for me to check again around 630pm and saw decision was updated on 22nd July.

All things being equal, expect yours will come in a couple of days.

I'm still waiting for TLS to update tho'.

did you called them before? @ inphonex
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2017
xto4:
did you called them before? @ inphonex

Yes, I got someone in the U.K. to call on the 17th and she said the call was totally pointless. She was just told nonchalantly by a seemingly sleepy operator that a decision has not been made and that it could take up to 60days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 6:04pm On Jul 25, 2017
inphoenix:

Yes, I got someone in the U.K. to call on the 17th and she said the call was totally pointless. She was just told nonchalantly by a seemingly sleepy operator that a decision has not been made and that it could take up to 60days.
oh is it that until one call them before they make decision, someone said here that he called them last week Thursday and the person that picked said decision not made and it can take up to 60 days and on Saturday he checked their site and saw decided that Thursday, and yours is almost similar someone help u to call on the 17th and on the 22nd it was decided am a bit confused here if someone has to call them first before they act because I haven't call them yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2017
DobraDobra:

Thanks for showing interest but u must have missed d point in d writeup dis application is a renewal got previous 6months and 2 yrs after dis is 3rd application for ur information all other visits have been done without knowing any family it's all hotel accommodation all previous documents also submitted dis sis simple tourist renewal just holiday as simple as dat . Remember there was still 1 month visa left on d passport at at d time of reapplying so no need of claiming one want to run away

Sorry i have not missed your point. Also I am not here to judge the decision of the ECO either. For your information, there is nothing like UK visit visa renewal. Every application is treated on it own merit and the applicant ability to justified the need to visit the UK at the point of application, wether with a previous visa approval or not. Since your reason was for vacation, then you shouldn't have rely on previous approvals, as a general visitor circumstances can change anytime. Having 2 previous approval is not an indication you will be approved the next time. I think you were just over confident and made silly mistakes in your application. You can address this issue in your next application with a cover letter explaining the inflow and outflow of your account and pointing to ECO that you have been approved twice previously and you did not violated your visa term. If its an error they will correct it in your next application. If not you still get the same results no matter what you may think or feel about the ECO decision.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2017
xto4:
oh is it that until one call them before they make decision, someone said here that he called them last week Thursday and the person that picked said decision not made and it can take up to 60 days and on Saturday he checked their site and saw decided that Thursday, and yours is almost similar someone help u to call on the 17th and on the 22nd it was decided am a bit confused here if someone has to call them first before they act because I haven't call them yet.

Oh well... I'm sure calling is not a prerequisite for them to take a decision, but I wouldn't really know if it was the call that spurred them to make the decision. Do you want to try and call as well?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2017
inphoenix:

Oh well... I'm sure calling is not a prerequisite for them to take a decision, but I wouldn't really know if it was the call that spurred them to make the decision. Do you want to try and call as well?
might call them by friday if I don't hear from them because my leave is ending this friday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
xto4:
might call them by friday if I don't hear from them because my leave is ending this friday

That'll be fine. I still think you'll get an update this week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DobraDobra: 8:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
ekpotek:

Sorry i have not missed your point. Also I am not here to judge the decision of the ECO either. For your information, there is nothing like UK visit visa renewal. Every application is treated on it own merit and the applicant ability to justified the need to visit the UK at the point of application, wether with a previous visa approval or not. Since your reason was for vacation, then you shouldn't have rely on previous approvals, as a general visitor circumstances can change anytime. Having 2 previous approval is not an indication you will be approved the next time. I think you were just over confident and made silly mistakes in your application. You can address this issue in your next application with a cover letter explaining the inflow and outflow of your account and pointing to ECO that you have been approved twice previously and you did not violated your visa term. If its an error they will correct it in your next application. If not you still get the same results no matter what you may think or feel about the ECO decision.
I doubt if u actually read d main story. I don't really know what u mean by over confidence here after I said All including d cover letter u mentioned including receipts or sales and purchases. I never said anyone rely on previous application I never said dat was taken for granted and some document was left out. But in wat u wrote here u still said one should talk on previous visa are u not contradicting ur stand here. U dint point out d silly mistake u noticed how do I understand u here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:49pm On Jul 25, 2017
DobraDobra:

I doubt if u actually read d main story. I don't really know what u mean by over confidence here after I said All including d cover letter u mentioned including receipts or sales and purchases. I never said anyone rely on previous application I never said dat was taken for granted and some document was left out. But in wat u wrote here u still said one should talk on previous visa are u not contradicting ur stand here. U dint point out d silly mistake u noticed how do I understand u here.

Sorry I dont think you need any advise here with this your I am right attitude. Take care.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by geek(m): 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
ekpotek:

Sorry I dont think you need any advise here with this your I am right attitude. Take care.

Elegantly put. Well done!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 9:15pm On Jul 25, 2017
DobraDobra:

I told u that u didn't make any mistakes,.Dont they know that we are Nigerians who engages in family registered businesses and can earn a lot of money from our shops on everyday trading. How do you explain every penny being paid into your account on daily basis by your customers to ECO? Its like they in Sheffield don't understand how our system works here. Other Schengen embassies are not this way,they know that Nigerians are business people not workers,how many people has jobs in Nigeria? All you hear from all these ECO is payslip this,payslip that,as if everyone is working in Nigeria. We are business people,we make our money by ourselves from our personal businesses, U tell them that u own your business with evidences(documents) and they still ask u to explain how money was paid into your account or how much salary u receive,How do i pay myself salary,from my own money? This people should stop refusing legitimate travelers visas for just no reasons. UK is not Heaven,Lol, Its not fair at all.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fabfiyin1: 9:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
Mine showed updated since 20th July, no update from tls yet tho. Same 6th of June.
inphoenix:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DobraDobra: 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2017
Austine2020:
I told u that u didn't make any mistakes,.Dont they know that we are Nigerians who engages in family registered businesses and can earn a lot of money from our shops on everyday trading. How do you explain every penny being paid into your account on daily basis by your customers to ECO? Its like they in Sheffield don't understand how our system works here. Other Schengen embassies are not this way,they know that Nigerians are business people not workers,how many people has jobs in Nigeria? All you hear from all these ECO is payslip this,payslip that,as if everyone is working in Nigeria. We are business people,we make our money by ourselves from our personal businesses, U tell them that u own your business with evidences(documents) and they still ask u to explain how money was paid into your account or how much salary u receive,How do i pay myself salary,from my own money? This people should stop refusing legitimate travelers visas for just no reasons. UK is not Heaven,Lol, Its not fair at all.
I know there was no mistake not to talk of a silly one as stated by someone out here without pointing at d silly mistake made. It's easy for people to assume things. Assumption dat one went to apply with over confidence assumptions dat coss one got previous visa d applications is a must is out of place if such was in mind all documents and letters won't have been necessary. It's only when u walk d road someone else walked u will understand better.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
fabfiyin1:
Mine showed updated since 20th July, no update from tls yet tho. Same 6th of June.

It's beginning to look as if calling might actually spur them to act on your application. However, the site says it'll take up to 10 working days for the decision to reach you. If after that you don't get a response, you might call them again.

Sorry about your travel date passing. Mine has passed too, but I supported my application with a 6week leave starting from my expected travel date, so I'm still able to wait it out.

I reckon you could call or visit TLS, I recall someone posted on this thread that they got a decision update from UKVI and after waiting in vain for TLS to update, they went there and found the passport sitting pretty at their office. undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fabfiyin1: 6:05am On Jul 26, 2017
I will still wait till out tho for a while longer, kindly let me/us know if you get an update from tls or go pick it up.
inphoenix:

It's beginning to look as if calling might actually spur them to act on your application. However, the site says it'll take up to 10 working days for the decision to reach you. If after that you don't get a response, you might call them again.

Sorry about your travel date passing. Mine has passed too, but I supported my application with a 6week leave starting from my expected travel date, so I'm still able to wait it out.

I reckon you could call or visit TLS, I recall someone posted on this thread that they got a decision update from UKVI and after waiting in vain for TLS to update, they went there and found the passport sitting pretty at their office. undecided

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 7:52am On Jul 26, 2017
Is it only the number you inputed or you start with GWF plus the numbers?
inphoenix:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lightdream: 10:34am On Jul 26, 2017
Good day house. Please can anyone help me with the call line to get the Sheffield office. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.