Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1538149 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:23am On Jul 31, 2017
jprince2:
Yes they were returned. But I can't find them anymore. Do you think I should enter my best guess and explain the discrepancy under the comment section?

I don't suppose so. So you are certain the dates you gave are different from those on their birth certificates and Int'l passports? I don't advise mocking about with guesses anyway.

If I were an ECO I probably would be hard to convince. I would query on what basis you gave the first date of births on the previous application, what prompted you to give what you gave...

But let others share their thoughts...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 31, 2017
I am British, my wife joined me last year via spousal visa and we are planning to invite her mum to visit us, we just had a baby. Reason will be for just visiting, she is staying for just 2 weeks. She is retired thou.
We plan to apply next week.
We will do the full sponsorship and provide accomodation etc.

Brightingsus:

Uk General tourist visa for 6 months...

Give me a general background to your quest... when are u applying and what would be the reason for the invitation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by snappy411(m): 11:42am On Jul 31, 2017
Advisory:

Dependents on Visa Type
£1187 + Tier 2 You need a job already in the UK and will need certificate of sponsorship.
£900+ Tier 5 many categories you can explore
£984 + Tier 1 Exceptional Talent (Stage 1 and 2) (Have you schooled in the UK)

have already gotten the job and the certificate of sponsorship. how much is it now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:45am On Jul 31, 2017
KemBee86:
I am British, my wife joined me last year via spousal visa and we are planning to invite her mum to visit us, we just had a baby. Reason will be for just visiting, she is staying for just 2 weeks. She is retired thou.
We plan to apply next week.
We will do the full sponsorship and provide accomodation etc.

Your case is very similar to mine, only that my wife is preggers at the moment. I will email you; respond and then I'll give u a list
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 31, 2017
God bless you. Thanks
Brightingsus:

Your case is very similar to mine, only that my wife is preggers at the moment. I will email you; respond and then I'll give u a list
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbotek: 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
Advisory:
Any applicants in June still waiting for feedback?

Applied for wiffy and Lil baby since June 22, standard, ikeja...still waiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2017
bimbotek:

Applied for wiffy and Lil baby since June 22, standard, ikeja...still waiting.

Ok Thanks,
Have you tracked on the UKVI website with the GWF number?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
snappy411:

have already gotten the job and the certificate of sponsorship. how much is it now
OK cool
How many years do you want to apply for?
what category are you ?
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by snappy411(m): 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2017
Advisory:
OK cool How many years do you want to apply for? what category are you ? https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general
two year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
[quote author=snappy411 post=59009234]
two year[/quote
What category of Visa is that ?
Tier 5 or Tier 2?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2017
Brightingsus:

Not providing[b] evidence of communication[/b] with your wife was another killer. People could forge marriage certificate. People could even marry only for papers and cos they have no relationship their conversation might be minimal or infinitesimal.

It's not a must to use the same sponsor or bank statements, but you would do well to address the issues in the past refusal.

Hello, kindly tell me what to tender as proof of communication between my husband and i as i delete most of our chats and also, we do more of regular calls and whatsapp calls too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by snappy411(m): 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
[quote author=Advisory post=59009274][/quote]

Tier 2
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sagamaje(m): 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2017
@ Advisory , my wife applied since June 5th and no show yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2017
Sagamaje:
@ Advisory , my wife applied since June 5th and no show yet

Have you tracked on the UKVI website using the GWF number?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2017
snappy411:

Tier 2
2 years Tier 2 sounds like renewal to me

But application fees from outside the UK for 3 years

How much you pay for a Tier 2 (General) visa depends on your situation, where you are and how you apply.
Up to 3 years
Who you’re applying for Apply (outside the UK) Extend or switch in the UK Extend or switch in person in the UK (premium
You £587 £677 £1,267
All dependants £587 each person £677 each person £1,267 each person

You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. 200 pounds for every year of your application.

Up to 3 years - shortage occupation
A shortage occupation is a skilled job where there is a shortage of workers in the UK.
Who you’re applying for Apply (outside the UK) Extend or switch by post in the UK Extend or switch in person in the UK (premium
You £446 £446 £1,036
All dependants £446 each person £446 each person £1,036 each person
You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. 200 pounds for every year of your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sagamaje(m): 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
Yes I did. Again plz do you know how many days it will take UKVI yo return the £20 they remove for call charges @ Advisory and @ Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
Advisory:

Explain in your application reason why it was backdated and show evidence.

Hi bro, please i need to know is the UK visa process one on one interview like the US embassy?
The last time i applied was in 2011 and it was drop and pick up then.

I'm asking because I've not seen any posts here about interviews.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
fpeter:

Hello, kindly tell me what to tender as proof of communication between my husband and i as i delete most of our chats and also, we do more of regular calls and whatsapp calls too.

I may not know what device you use, but most smart phones would occasionally back up whatsapp chats such that even after deleting chats, they can be retrieved from the backed up ones. However if you delete chats, does your spouse delete too?

On the flip side you have phone calls and emails. I know spouses don't really communicate much by emails but when am making such applications, I would normally drop a line or two twice a week by email to the one am inviting. Nonetheless phone calls are a very good means of communication. I may not know if you are the husband or the wife, but you can get call logs from both ends. In the UK service providers would give you monthly call logs (maybe on request). In Nigeria, you swear affidavit at a court with which you would get police clearance. With the clearance your service provider would give you call logs (usually for the last three months, or 6 if required). If you persuade them, they can give you a cover note as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
fpeter:

Hi bro, please i need to know is the UK visa process one on one interview like the US embassy?

Usually no interviews, but nothing stops them from interviewing the applicant. If they will ever interview an applicant it would be be after submission at TLS. Anyways in general they do not really interview. If you have a sponsor in the UK they will most likely contact your sponsor and ask them questions about you and the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KingAviii(m): 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2017
Advisory:
Any applicants in June still waiting for feedback?

Still waiting. Mine was June 23 TLS Abuja. I can't understand the reason for the delay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
Sagamaje:
Yes I did. Again plz do you know how many days it will take UKVI yo return the £20 they remove for call charges @ Advisory and @ Justwise
I do not know, but if you are impatient you can report to your bank to reverse the money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2017
fpeter:

Normally they do not interview, but as part of the process they may call you in to clarify some information or documents you provided if need be.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aramanda93: 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2017
fpeter:

It's only tier 4 visa applicants that still routinely have (Skype) interview during the submission process.
Tier 5 applicants used to have interview before now but that has been cancelled.
Any tier applicant may however be called back for interview weeks/days after TLS submission, but this is only on rare occasions.
I hope this info is helpful...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
Aramanda93:

It's only tier 4 visa applicants that still routinely have (Skype) interview during the submission process.
Tier 5 applicants used to have interview before now but that has been cancelled.
Any tier applicant may however be called back for interview weeks/days after TLS submission, but this is only on rare occasions.
I hope this info is helpful...

No vex o, which one is Tier 5 or 4?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mariam17: 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hello guys, please can I use two sponsors in my application?

My dad is the first sponsor- He is paying for my flight ticket

My friend is the second sponsor- He will be accommodating and feeding me.

I have the following documents from both sponsors;
6 months bank statements (both company and personal)
Payslips
Bio data page
Letter from dad explaining why he is sponsoring me
Letter of invite from friend.
Council tax (from UK sponsor)

I will also submit these documents too;
• Application form, duly dated and signed with passport-size picture
• International Passport showing my travel experiences including America in 2015
 A detailed Itinerary and Cover Letter
• Employment and Leave letter showing the date I’m expected to return for work
• 6 month payslips,
• 2 different Bank Statement
• UK Master’s Degree School Certificate

Please am I missing anything out, I need advise please.

mariam17:
Okay thank you.
I thought as much too as I don't want them to think I am running away. I have the following documents to back up use of my dads account;

CAC documents which also shows me as a director in his company
Company Bank statement
Reference Letter from bank stating him as signatory to account
Letter headed sponsorship letter
Evidence to show we are related

I have my other supporting documents
I really pray this goes well.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2017
fpeter:

No vex o, which one is Tier 5 or 4?
Tier 4 Student Visa
Tier 5 Temporary work permit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2017
jprince2:
Yes they were returned. But I can't find them anymore. Do you think I should enter my best guess and explain the discrepancy under the comment section?

Probably your best bet. Additional information: no birth records for my parents, dates are only approximate based on oral tradition.... bla, bla, bla.. By the way, do you parents have international passport or other similar identification documents? You can find a reasonable DOB for them that the entire family sticks to. Ciao
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 6:08pm On Jul 31, 2017
Brightingsus:

I may not know what device you use, but most smart phones would occasionally back up whatsapp chats such that even after deleting chats, they can be retrieved from the backed up ones. However if you delete chats, does your spouse delete too?

On the flip side you have phone calls and emails. I know spouses don't really communicate much by emails but when am making such applications, I would normally drop a line or two twice a week by email to the one am inviting. Nonetheless phone calls are a very good means of communication. I may not know if you are the husband or the wife, but you can get call logs from both ends. In the UK service providers would give you monthly call logs (maybe on request). In Nigeria, you swear affidavit at a court with which you would get police clearance. With the clearance your service provider would give you call logs (usually for the last three months, or 6 if required). If you persuade them, they can give you a cover note as well.

Thanks, I'm the wife. We do more of calls than emails...and you know how these things work, our chats are very plain not really lovey dovey.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by quille11: 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
Good evening everyone,

A friend is planning to apply for a UK visitor's visa next year february 2018. He currently earns 80k as monthly income and has a bal of 250k in his Acc. Is it possible to continually deposit a substantial amount like 250k to increase his income for the 6 month period without the Visa officer perceiving sudden lodgement of cash in the account.
NB: He already has someone who will lend him the 250k monthly.
Kindly advise.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
Good evening everyone, i have been sponsored to attend a seminar in uk by my company, the seminar is to last for 3 days. Please what category of visa should i apply for. And what supporting documents should i have in my possession before the interview?? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 7:19pm On Jul 31, 2017
quille11:
Good evening everyone,

A friend is planning to apply for a UK visitor's visa next year february 2018. He currently earns 80k as monthly income and has a bal of 250k in his Acc. Is it possible to continually deposit a substantial amount like 250k to increase his income for the 6 month period without the Visa officer perceiving sudden lodgement of cash in the account.
NB: He already has someone who will lend him the 250k monthly.
Kindly advise.
Thanks

His employment wages must tally with the monthly deposits in his bank account, unless he has another source of income which he must declare and provide evidence of. (Or they have a credible sponsor)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kimsunh: 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
Pls house I have been trying to make research on tier 5 visa but I have had no luck. Can anyone pls walk me through? I will appreciate. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.