Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526971 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aragon2xl: 11:24am On Aug 02, 2017
Hello, please is there anyone in the house whose's in the the uk and coming to Nigeria anytime soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:25am On Aug 02, 2017
aragon2xl:
Hello, please is there anyone in the house whose's in the the uk and coming to Nigeria anytime soon.

DHL is coming soon grin

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sagamaje(m): 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2017
All thanks to God my wife application has been decided since June 5th and will be going for collection tomorrow
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sagamaje:
All thanks to God my wife application has been decided since June 5th and will be going for collection tomorrow

You mean u applied on June 5, or you got decision email that application was decided on June 5
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 02, 2017
Wow!!! Thank you so much. So detailed!!! Am grateful. Am I submitting anything in original form e.g. The marriage certificate, birth certificate etc. cos I heard they don't take originals anymore. Just need to sure before I send d documents to nigeria.
Brightingsus:

You are the British citizen, hence the burden of the application rests majorly on you.

DOCUMENTS FOR MOTHER INLAW'S VISIT VISA APPLICATION

SPONSOR'S SIDE (You & Wife)

1. Letter of invitation written to the:

British Deputy High Commission Lagos
11 Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria

The letter should state that you are inviting your mother inlaw for *** reason. Include how long she will spend in the UK and that you would be responsible for her trip, accommodation, feeding and maintenance. Mention where you and and mother inlaw met and by what method you communicate. I'll advise you and wife to sign the letter together as this shows you are together on the invitation and a mutual decision between you and wife. Remember to clarify and expound on anything that may not be straightforward in your sponsorship or circumstances. Do not expect the Entry Clearance Officer to assume and read your mind.
2. Sponsorship undertaking form (SU07) (might not be necessary but I advise you include it). This is a signed declaration that you will be responsible entirely for the cost of the trip. You would be the one to sign it.
3. Copy of your British passport data page (maybe plus your Nigerian passport)
4. Copy of wife's passport data page, visa page and biometric card
5. Council tax bill and/or utility bill as proof of accommodation
6. Mortgage statement or rental agreement, if you have
7. Your Recent 6 months bank statement
8. Your Employment contract letters
9. Your 6 months Payslips
10. P60 for You, usually not necessary
11. P60 for Wife, usually not necessary
12. Wife's birth certificate (MUST). This is to prove your mother inlaw is your wife's mother
13. Wife's employment letter
14. Wife's 6 months payslip
15. Wife's 6 months bank statement
16. Marriage Certificate (MUST). This is the link between you and your wife which has your mother inlaw's name on it
17. Your child's birth certificate (if you want to go the route of your mother inlaw coming cos you had a baby, otherwise do not include)
18. Money transfer receipts, if you send funds to your mother inlaw sometimes
19. Call Log from UK (for calls made to mother inlaw). Remember it is a must to provide evidence that you communicate with your mother inlaw
20. Pictures. The UKVI site says do not include pictures as they will not be considered. However there is no penalty in including.

DOCUMENTS FROM NIGERIA

1. Mother inlaw's passport
2. Mother inlaw's cover letter (you can write this for her and send it to her to sign)
3. Mother inlaw's pension documents (since you said she's retired)
4. Mother inlaw's 6 months bank statement
5. Rental agreement and/or recent rental receipt in your mother inlaw's name
6. Evidence of any investments; properties, savings or bonds where necessary. If there is none, no worries.
7. Call log from Nigeria network provider for your mother inlaw's mobile number. Your mother inlaw, possibly with assistance, can get affidavit from any court and obtain a police clearance; with those request for a call log from network provider (e.g. MTN, GLO, etc). Your mother inlaw would need to join in this runs. You can also persuade them to do you a cover note linking your mother inlaw to the call log.

Remember to package the application in such a way that your mother inlaw has stronger ties in Nigeria than in the UK, but do not tell lies.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kksamm: 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hello House;

Please, I want to confirm if the UK visa can be granted without an invite from a relative resident there provided every other conditions/requirements/very strong ties to home country, etc are met. I will be applying as a tourist but I will mention that I know a relative living there legally. There is a section in the online form that ask if applicants knows someone in the UK or not.

Your opinions would be highly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
KemBee86:
Wow!!! Thank you so much. So detailed!!! Am grateful. Am I submitting anything in original form e.g. The marriage certificate, birth certificate etc. cos I heard they don't take originals anymore. Just need to sure before I send d documents to nigeria.

You can send originals, no harm in that. But the thing there is TLS does not send the actual hard copy documents to UKVI, but all documents would be scanned by them and sent to UKVI as soft copies, so the applicant gets the hard copy documents back.

Remember, all documents that are not in A4 MUST be photocopied (preferably in colour if u can). The copies are the ones TLS would scan. So if you have smaller or larger documents than a standard A4, you must make a photocopy of each, e.g. Marriage certificate that can be longer or birth certificate that can be shorter. If you have pictures you must copy them as well into A4.

Owing to the fact that the documents would be scanned, if you can; send originals as the originals would have the clearest quality when scanned. Otherwise a clear coloured photocopy is still ok.

Personally I sent originals apart from documents i included later after sending the originals to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
kksamm:
Hello House;

Please, I want to confirm if the UK visa can be granted without an invite from a relative resident there provided every other conditions/requirements/very strong ties to home country, etc are met. I will be applying as a tourist but I will mention that I know a relative living there legally. There is a section in the online form that ask if applicants knows someone in the UK or not.

Your opinions would be highly appreciated.
Yes it can be granted without an invite, not all tourist have got family where they are going to.
Ensure you book an hotel and submit all necessary documents.
Let say by chance you were called and asked why you decided not to stay with your relative what will you say?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sagamaje:
cool please give us an update.
regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bluepresidents: 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hello all.I applied for 6months standard visitor visa sometimes ago using visa4uk.com and was granted the visa.I went there for my intended purpose and came back.Now my visa has expired and I want to make a new visit visa( 6 months visit visa type),now am I suppose make another application using the same profile I have on the website(visa4uk) or am suppose to register afresh with new email number,password and generate a new number or the former one will suffice?please help if you are knowledgeable in this.thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NijahNinja: 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hello All,

I am having some serious problems with UKVISA and TLSCONTACT and I need your help please.

I applied for a spouse visa to the UK, and below is my timeline.

20th of April - Biometrics Taken
24th of April - Email notifying me that application has been sent to Sheffield.
17th of July - Email from UK Visa that decision has been made and I should await contact from TLS.
21ST of July - Email from Home office telling me to come and collect my resident's card in the UK.

Despite all the above, TLS is still telling me that my passport is still with UKVISA, meanwhile, UKVISA is saying the decision was made on the 13th and my passport was sent out on the 17th. Now I'm really worried.

Has anyone gone through a similar experience? Does TLS lose people's passports? please help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uptown17: 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
elders please help. as easy as it might look, i don confuse oooooo
uptown17:
I am trying to apply for 6months standard visa for mum. i have been reading some comments on drawing up an itinerary
1. do i include this in a seperate covering letter stating ALL her itinerary or i just include it on the body of application where it asks for places she will visit
2. she is a business woman and has retired from her business. do i state she is retired or unemployed. she is 59years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
uptown17:
elders please help. as easy as it might look, i don confuse oooooo

1. You can mention it on both. On the application form, you should mention the places she would visit whilst in the UK. However there is a limit to how many words you could use on the application form, so you may do well to expantiate in a cover letter.

2. Say she is retired and provide pension documents if you have.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NijahNinja: 5:48pm On Aug 02, 2017
Please elders, help if you can.
NijahNinja:
Hello All,

I am having some serious problems with UKVISA and TLSCONTACT and I need your help please.

I applied for a spouse visa to the UK, and below is my timeline.

20th of April - Biometrics Taken
24th of April - Email notifying me that application has been sent to Sheffield.
17th of July - Email from UK Visa that decision has been made and I should await contact from TLS.
21ST of July - Email from Home office telling me to come and collect my resident's card in the UK.

Despite all the above, TLS is still telling me that my passport is still with UKVISA, meanwhile, UKVISA is saying the decision was made on the 13th and my passport was sent out on the 17th. Now I'm really worried.

Has anyone gone through a similar experience? Does TLS lose people's passports? please help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
NijahNinja:
Please elders, help if you can.

Why not go straight to the Embassy and make your findings... Remember if a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) is issued it only stays with the post office you chose for a short while before being returned to UKVI.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uptown17: 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
she retired from her own business. so really there is no pension. lol
Brightingsus:

1. You can mention it on both. On the application form, you should mention the places she would visit whilst in the UK. However there is a limit to how many words you could use on the application form, so you may do well to expantiate in a cover letter.

2. Say she is retired and provide pension documents if you have.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nonoski: 10:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
Please can one carry laptop on board a flight to UK
I don't mind checking it in.
I am asking because my colleague in the office said she was refused from carrying her Laptop even as checked in Luggage (Turkish airline)
Duh I'm using Lufthansa flight.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NijahNinja: 4:52am On Aug 03, 2017
Would I be allowed to do this? Would they allow me to see someone to speak to?
Brightingsus:

Why not go straight to the Embassy and make your findings... Remember if a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) is issued it only stays with the post office you chose for a short while before being returned to UKVI.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:32am On Aug 03, 2017
NijahNinja:
Would I be allowed to do this? Would they allow me to see someone to speak to?

Of course they will allow you speak to someone, definitely. I am not saying your passport is certainly at the embassy but if you read many pages back on this forum, you would see posts of people that got decision email but no collection email from TLS and had to take the bull by the horn; went to the embassy and lo and behold the passport was there.

However I understand your case is that of spouse visa. You could still try. On the flip side, if you have a sponsor like your spouse, get them to contact UKVI from the UK and make the complaints.

Remember when you get a spouse visa, it comes with a one month period for you to travel by (leave Nigeria by) and if you haven't left Nigeria by the end of that one month period, your spouse visa becomes invalid. So if I were you I wouldn't relax. This matter ought to have been escalated since, which usually is a consequence of contacting UKVI.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NijahNinja: 6:05am On Aug 03, 2017
Thanks so much for this. I will go to the British Embassy today and would let you know.
Brightingsus:

Of course they will allow you speak to someone, definitely. I am not saying your passport is certainly at the embassy but if you read many pages back on this forum, you would see posts of people that got decision email but no collection email from TLS and had to take the bull by the horn; went to the embassy and lo and behold the passport was there.

However I understand your case is that of spouse visa. You could still try. On the flip side, if you have a sponsor like your spouse, get them to contact UKVI from the UK and make the complaints.

Remember when you get a spouse visa, it comes with a one month period for you to travel by (leave Nigeria by) and if you haven't left Nigeria by the end of that one month period, your spouse visa becomes invalid. So if I were you I wouldn't relax. This matter ought to have been escalated since, which usually is a consequence of contacting UKVI.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:07am On Aug 03, 2017
nonoski:
Please can one carry laptop on board a flight to UK
I don't mind checking it in.
I am asking because my colleague in the office said she was refused from carrying her Laptop even as checked in Luggage (Turkish airline)
Duh I'm using Lufthansa flight.

Sure you can carry your laptop on board as the ban does not affect flight departing from Europe to the UK. Your flight Lufthansa will depart from Frankfurt (Europe) on the final segement of your journey to the UK. If I can remember, the ban affect flight departing from Turkey, Egypt, Morroco, Qatar and probably Libya.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:09am On Aug 03, 2017
NijahNinja:
Thanks so much for this. I will go to the British Embassy today and would let you know.

I will concur that you visit the nearest Embassy immediately. Go with the latest email you have received about picking up your RC.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:11am On Aug 03, 2017
uptown17:
she retired from her own business. so really there is no pension. lol

Just explain this in a cover letter that she was self employed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:15am On Aug 03, 2017
bluepresidents:
Hello all.I applied for 6months standard visitor visa sometimes ago using visa4uk.com and was granted the visa.I went there for my intended purpose and came back.Now my visa has expired and I want to make a new visit visa( 6 months visit visa type),now am I suppose make another application using the same profile I have on the website(visa4uk) or am suppose to register afresh with new email number,password and generate a new number or the former one will suffice?please help if you are knowledgeable in this.thank you

Yes you can use the same profile to complete a fresh application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:19am On Aug 03, 2017
Brightingsus:

You are the British citizen, hence the burden of the application rests majorly on you.

DOCUMENTS FOR MOTHER INLAW'S VISIT VISA APPLICATION

SPONSOR'S SIDE (You & Wife)

1. Letter of invitation written to the:

British Deputy High Commission Lagos
11 Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria

The letter should state that you are inviting your mother inlaw for *** reason. Include how long she will spend in the UK and that you would be responsible for her trip, accommodation, feeding and maintenance. Mention where you and and mother inlaw met and by what method you communicate. I'll advise you and wife to sign the letter together as this shows you are together on the invitation and a mutual decision between you and wife. Remember to clarify and expound on anything that may not be straightforward in your sponsorship or circumstances. Do not expect the Entry Clearance Officer to assume and read your mind.
2. Sponsorship undertaking form (SU07) (might not be necessary but I advise you include it). This is a signed declaration that you will be responsible entirely for the cost of the trip. You would be the one to sign it.
3. Copy of your British passport data page (maybe plus your Nigerian passport)
4. Copy of wife's passport data page, visa page and biometric card
5. Council tax bill and/or utility bill as proof of accommodation
6. Mortgage statement or rental agreement, if you have
7. Your Recent 6 months bank statement
8. Your Employment contract letters
9. Your 6 months Payslips
10. P60 for You, usually not necessary
11. P60 for Wife, usually not necessary
12. Wife's birth certificate (MUST). This is to prove your mother inlaw is your wife's mother
13. Wife's employment letter
14. Wife's 6 months payslip
15. Wife's 6 months bank statement
16. Marriage Certificate (MUST). This is the link between you and your wife which has your mother inlaw's name on it
17. Your child's birth certificate (if you want to go the route of your mother inlaw coming cos you had a baby, otherwise do not include)
18. Money transfer receipts, if you send funds to your mother inlaw sometimes
19. Call Log from UK (for calls made to mother inlaw). Remember it is a must to provide evidence that you communicate with your mother inlaw
20. Pictures. The UKVI site says do not include pictures as they will not be considered. However there is no penalty in including.

DOCUMENTS FROM NIGERIA

1. Mother inlaw's passport
2. Mother inlaw's cover letter (you can write this for her and send it to her to sign)
3. Mother inlaw's pension documents (since you said she's retired)
4. Mother inlaw's 6 months bank statement
5. Rental agreement and/or recent rental receipt in your mother inlaw's name
6. Evidence of any investments; properties, savings or bonds where necessary. If there is none, no worries.
7. Call log from Nigeria network provider for your mother inlaw's mobile number. Your mother inlaw, possibly with assistance, can get affidavit from any court and obtain a police clearance; with those request for a call log from network provider (e.g. MTN, GLO, etc). Your mother inlaw would need to join in this runs. You can also persuade them to do you a cover note linking your mother inlaw to the call log.

Remember to package the application in such a way that your mother inlaw has stronger ties in Nigeria than in the UK, but do not tell lies.

Thanks @brightingsus for this. I advise very applicants depending on their sponsor for documents family visitor visa should save this post and use it as a guide.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hardywaltz(m): 9:35am On Aug 03, 2017
ekpotek:

Sure you can carry your laptop on board as the ban does not affect flight departing from Europe to the UK. Your flight Lufthansa will depart from Frankfurt (Europe) on the final segement of your journey to the UK. If I can remember, the ban affect flight departing from Turkey, Egypt, Morroco, Qatar and probably Libya.
Thank you very much I have similar issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thisisposh22: 9:54am On Aug 03, 2017
Can someone help me out or advise if they are in the same situation. I made application for a 6 months family visit visa on 20th June, intended date of travel 21st July. I then got an email from UKVI that they would not meet their published application process of 15 days on 7th July. It's been more than 6 weeks I made the application and still haven't heard anything from anyone.

The most frustrating part of this is I planned to visit Germany after the UK and the now I just have a week left on that visa to expire sad

However, I used the UKVI website, and it shows "decided" on 25th July but AGAIN no email from the decision team in Sheffield or TLS to confirm this.

Is anyone in a similar situation and how long did it take to get your passport?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ddonsly: 10:56am On Aug 03, 2017
I think it might be worth just going to TLS office to double-check. Who knows, it might be lying there in their office! I would take the step to go over there and check..

thisisposh22:
Can someone help me out or advise if they are in the same situation. I made application for a 6 months family visit visa on 20th June, intended date of travel 21st July. I then got an email from UKVI that they would not meet their published application process of 15 days on 7th July. It's been more than 6 weeks I made the application and still haven't heard anything from anyone.

The most frustrating part of this is I planned to visit Germany after the UK and the now I just have a week left on that visa to expire sad

However, I used the UKVI website, and it shows "decided" on 25th July but AGAIN no email from the decision team in Sheffield or TLS to confirm this.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thisisposh22: 11:12am On Aug 03, 2017
ddonsly:
I think it might be worth just going to TLS office to double-check. Who knows, it might be lying there in their office! I would take the step to go over there and check..

Thanks very much @ddonsly. Will give them a ring and go there sometime today
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2017
thisisposh22:

Thanks
There are a lot of people who applied around same time and they have not even seen a decided notification on the UKVI's website, you has been decided and passports normally get returned within 10 working days of decision. yours is 7 working days and I will recommend you wait till Monday or you can go to the TLS office it might just be somewhere in the office.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thisisposh22: 12:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
thisisposh22:

Thanks

Just give you all an update. I just received an email from the decision making team in Sheffield that my passport has been dispatched to TLS. Will let you all know how it goes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thisisposh22: 12:13pm On Aug 03, 2017
Thanks @Advisory. Just got an official email from VISAINFO Sheffield that it's been dispatched. Will update you on Monday when i pick it up

Advisory:

There are a lot of people who applied around same time and they have not even seen a decided notification on the UKVI's website, you has been decided and passports normally get returned within 10 working days of decision. yours is 7 working days and I will recommend you wait till Monday or you can go to the TLS office it might just be somewhere in the office.

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.