Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526967 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 1:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
thisisposh22:
Can someone help me out or advise if they are in the same situation. I made application for a 6 months family visit visa on 20th June, intended date of travel 21st July. I then got an email from UKVI that they would not meet their published application process of 15 days on 7th July. It's been more than 6 weeks I made the application and still haven't heard anything from anyone.

The most frustrating part of this is I planned to visit Germany after the UK and the now I just have a week left on that visa to expire sad

However, I used the UKVI website, and it shows "decided" on 25th July but AGAIN no email from the decision team in Sheffield or TLS to confirm this.

Is anyone in a similar situation and how long did it take to get your passport?

Thanks
please how did you use the UKVI website because i have tried tracking my application but always writing error. I submitted on the 23rd of June in Ikeja. Went there twice (last week & this week) not ready. It's 6weeks+ already, so tired of this waiting. My Intended travel date is July 24
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ddonsly: 1:48pm On Aug 03, 2017
The same situation I am in.. I applied the same date and place as yours and no response yet from them also. I put a call through to them yesterday evening and the agent that responded said current status is "still awaiting decision". Got them to escalate it and they said they will get back to me in due course.. Hope it helps knowing it's not only you in this messy situation.. Please keep us posted with any updates at your end! Thanks

iWasNotHere:
please how did you use the UKVI website because i have tried tracking my application but always writing error. I submitted on the 23rd of June in Ikeja. Went there twice (last week & this week) not ready. It's 6weeks+ already, so tired of this waiting. My Intended travel date is July 24
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KingAviii(m): 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2017
iWasNotHere:

I also did mine 23 June TLS Abuja.The delay can be frustrating, Abi UK don turn heaven?
Guy shey naw unto that Eesti level..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2017
iWasNotHere:
I will advice you to wait until the UKVI has recognised your number, it will give the error message until you case has been decided.
Not until then will your passport be returned to TLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2017
xto4:
Finally TLS just sent me an email that decision made after 8weeks of application for visiting visa. But still waiting to get mail for collection. Hoping for the best in Jesus name. Intended date of travel passed leave ended since last frida. I hope that won't be a barrier? Nairalanders pls ur response is needed. Thanks all

Have you gone to pick your passport yet?
please give the house an update if you had.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2017
Sagamaje:
All thanks to God my wife application has been decided since June 5th and will be going for collection tomorrow
Hello @Sagamaje, have you picked up your Mrs passport yet?
Please let us know the update
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 3:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
feranmi84:
Hello house, I once applied for a uk visa in 2014 and was invited for interview, but was refused. I learnt it is good to ensure change of circumstances before reapplying.
Thus thought i should share the refusal details on here.

"You have stated that you wish you travel to the UK for sightseeing and will stay the Arora Hotel Heathrow. This in itself leads me to question your intentions as this hotel is next to Heathrow airport and some distance away from the usual tourist sites.
You have given little indication as to how you intend to spend your time, where you intend to travel, what site of interest you intend to visit and why in particular you have chosen the UK for your holiday. I consider it reasonable to expect you to be able to drmonstrate you have some knowledge of your chosen dastination and plans. In the absence of such information it is difficult for me to make any considered judgement as to your true intentions.

I note further you are proposing to spend over 5months of your salary on this trip where you have been unable to credibly explain your reason for travel.

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on probabilities, that you meet the requirements."

My people, in my application i stated bout 5 tourist sites to visit, but guess i was expected to state more (inexperience). And I didn't know i was expected to have vast knowledge of where I've never been to. The cost of my trip was about 700k.

Please need you all to help on how to RESPOND to this because in my next application i will like to address the refusal. Thank you.

Note: I will be staying at my cousin's house. This i believe will definitely reduce the cost of my trip as i wont have to pay for hotel.

It is good to group the tourist sites you want to see together such that they are in proximity. Also, where you stay has to be sort of close or easy to get to. You can't give an address in London and say you want to visit Beatles Museum in Liverpool. Even within the same city. Also, your address has to be somewhere tourists usually go to or your tourist sites are close to it. If you want to visit, then do a proper research on how much it will cost and where the tourist sites are.

I wanted to give an example of my itinerary but i changed my mind as world people can copy it word for word and cause me wahala because it doesn't follow the normal pattern.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thisisposh22: 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2017
I used this (https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus) to track it
It sometimes says error but keep checking

iWasNotHere:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by prof2016: 3:59pm On Aug 03, 2017
UK tier 2 general visa...
Applied 13/07/2017 in Abuja with my wife and kid as dependents
Email from Sheffield 23/07/2017
Decisioned on the 31/07/2017 UKVI website
Email from TLS on decision on 02/08/2017
Passport with 5 years entry clearance for my wife and kid collected on 03/08/2017
Application was standard and it took exactly 15 workinf days. Relocationg with my family to UK.

Goodluck to everyone and this forum has been so helpful.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2017
prof2016:
Passport with 5 years entry clearance for my wife and kid collected on 03/08/2017
Application was standard and it took exactly 15 workinf days. Relocationg with my family to UK.

Congratulations!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
prof2016:

Congratulations and it seems the delay is on Visiting visa and not other visa categories
by the way good luck with settling down in the UK you need it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sandraa(f): 4:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
prof2016:

Congratulation!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2017
thisisposh22:

I used this (https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus) to track it
It sometimes says error but keep checking

thank you.
My GWF is my application reference no right ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2017
KingAviii:

I also did mine 23 June TLS Abuja.The delay can be frustrating, Abi UK don turn heaven?
Guy shey naw unto that Eesti level..
Lmao at U.K. don turn Heaven. Yes boss, Na unto Esti level o, how you take track me come here. God is on the throne.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 5:16pm On Aug 03, 2017
ddonsly:
The same situation I am in.. I applied the same date and place as yours and no response yet from them also. I put a call through to them yesterday evening and the agent that responded said current status is "still awaiting decision". Got them to escalate it and they said they will get back to me in due course.. Hope it helps knowing it's not only you in this messy situation.. Please keep us posted with any updates at your end! Thanks

yeah, I will keep you all posted. I had to just come to this section
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
Advisory:

I will advice you to wait until the UKVI has recognised your number, it will give the error message until you case has been decided.
Not until then will your passport be returned to TLS.
I will wait then, but seriously speaking it is tiring!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 5:23pm On Aug 03, 2017
prof2016:

congrats. I tap into your testimony
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bluepresidents: 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2017
ekpotek:

Yes you can use the same profile to complete a fresh application.
thanks a lot mate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thisisposh22: 5:39pm On Aug 03, 2017
Yes thats correct. Its starts with GWF and numbers

iWasNotHere:
thank you.
My GWF is my application reference no right ?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 11:51pm On Aug 03, 2017
hello Advisory . Ekpotek . please my family in UK contacted UKVI over my visit visa application I made from Lagos Nigeria. One of the things they requested was "Immigration Health Surcharge Number". please any idea what this means? I need an answer urgently. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 11:59pm On Aug 03, 2017
McGibson:
hello Advisory . Ekpotek . please my family in UK contacted UKVI over my visit visa application I made from Lagos Nigeria. One of the things they requested was "Immigration Health Surcharge Number". please any idea what this means? I need an answer urgently. thanks

Is your application not a visit visa? Or are you migrating?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 6:09am On Aug 04, 2017
McGibson:

What kind of visit visa did you apply for? For a visit visa, only visits beyond 6 months would require a health surcharge...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 04, 2017
McGibson:
What is your Visa category?
And have you been in the UK before on visiting Visa? Did you use the NHS when you did?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 9:02am On Aug 04, 2017
blank:

It is good to group the tourist sites you want to see together such that they are in proximity. Also, where you stay has to be sort of close or easy to get to. You can't give an address in London and say you want to visit Beatles Museum in Liverpool. Even within the same city. Also, your address has to be somewhere tourists usually go to or your tourist sites are close to it. If you want to visit, then do a proper research on how much it will cost and where the tourist sites are.

I wanted to give an example of my itinerary but i changed my mind as world people can copy it word for word and cause me wahala because it doesn't follow the normal pattern.

Blank
Thanks for your contribution. Can you please send the itinerary to my email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 11:09am On Aug 04, 2017
My sister wish to travel to Uk for a conference, she has two kids. Initially, she thought of going alone and therefore submitted her application with no accompany children, but her husband insisted she take her first child which will be 2yrs old by October, 2017 along. Kindly advise, is she going to fill another visa form for her child and if yes, will the supporting documents for the child will be the same as the mother's own?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 04, 2017
ancestorial:
My sister wish to travel to Uk for a conference, she has two kids. Initially, she thought of going alone and therefore submitted her application with no accompany children, but her husband insisted she take her first child which will be 2yrs old by October, 2017 along. Kindly advise, is she going to fill another visa form for her child and if yes, will the supporting documents for the child will be the same as the mother's own?
ok in regards to application,
she will need to fill another visa form for the child and yes she can use the same supporting documents as long as the fund in the account can cater for both of them.
Now with a kid the UKVI will be interested in how she is going to manage with a child and attending a conference, who will look after the child? what is the relationship with the person
If you going to be putting the child in a Nursery, then consider the cost of the nursery in the application advice will be to contact the nursery to arrange where the child will stay, get an email of enquiry from them make sure its close to the hotel or conference centre and then submit the enquiry and details with the application. If she is staying with family and they will be looking after the kid when she is in conference then do put it in the application as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by themusketeer: 11:51am On Aug 04, 2017
congratulations @Prof2016
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2017
Advisory:

ok in regards to application,
she will need to fill another visa form for the child and yes she can use the same supporting documents as long as the fund in the account can cater for both of them.
Now with a kid the UKVI will be interested in how she is going to manage with a child and attending a conference, who will look after the child? what is the relationship with the person
If you going to be putting the child in a Nursery, then consider the cost of the nursery in the application advice will be to contact the nursery to arrange where the child will stay, get an email of enquiry from them make sure its close to the hotel or conference centre and then submit the enquiry and details with the application. If she is staying with family and they will be looking after the kid when she is in conference then do put it in the application as well.

In the application, in employment column, and other adult questions in the visa form for the child, is she going to leave it blank or fill the details of the mother there?

Thanks so much Advisory, she said she will arrange for a child minder closer to the venue. A family member she knows is in a far place to the venue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 04, 2017
ancestorial:

In the application, in employment column, and other adult questions in the visa form for the child, is she going to leave it blank or fill the details of the mother there?

Thanks so much Advisory, she said she will arrange for a child minder closer to the venue. A family member she knows is in a far place to the venue.
Employment column you will put not employed and it will not ask for employment details, the amount to spend put flight feeding and child care cost and where it says sponsor then put the details of the mother who is sponsoring the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 2:49pm On Aug 04, 2017
feranmi84:

Blank
Thanks for your contribution. Can you please send the itinerary to my email. @yahoo.com

I'm really sorry but i can't. Just come up with an itinerary that groups tourist attractions together. So if you are staying in Manchester and want to go to London to see some sights, either book a hotel for one night in London or write it clearly on your schedule that you will go to so and so places in London and return by night train. When writing tourist attractions, you can't write that you will go to Alton Towers, go to water park etc on the same day. These are attractions that are full day entertainment on their own. It would also be good to put like a daily schedule so that it shows that you have done some research and are prepared rather than some random tourist attractions.

Kindly remove your mail address, scammers can be on the prowl.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Funmiladey(m): 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
Good afternoon everyone here, please pardon my ignorance and attend to the questions I will be asking.

What documents will be needed apply for a six months- one year visa. And how much will this cost me , cos I overhead someone talking about the variance in cost and time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sagamaje(m): 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
My wife's visa was refused . The ECO said some unexplained funds were paid into her account. I supported those funds with my property documents as rents paid into my wife account from my tenants , even with rent receipts. I just feel it was a big time mistake applying in the first place

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.