Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1527153 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adoox2: 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2017
Brightingsus:
As quite a few people have complained of the ECO stating they did not explain funds or other parts of their application and thereby denying them, I just do hope the TLS truly scans all the documents submitted to them by an applicant. Do they really scan them documents before the applicant or they scan after the applicant has completed biometrics and left the facility? To be honest, I prefer the old style of sending hard copy documents to Sheffield. Just my thoughts...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by 5hyguy: 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hello guys, i just applied for my student tier 4 visa application, but i did not write my IHS number on my visa application form i was not aware, but i submitted the confirmation page that was sent to me as part of my supporting documents.

is there any possibility not writing the number on my application form will affect me?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 7:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
Just like I mentioned few weeks ago.
I applied for my children (3) on 15th June, got email for tls that applications received on 16th June and sent to Ukvi.
On 26th June, got a Mail from Sheffield that applications ready for consideration.
I called sometimes in July when I could not get any response just to be told yet to be considered.
On August 4th, I checked the status on Ukvi site and saw decided updated since 1st August.
On 7th of August got a mail from tls that decision has been made, that was around 2.30pm.Around 5.10pm I got another mail saying passports ready for collection.
Wiffy went to tls Ikeja today to pick up.
Visa granted for all the 3 children...6 months first time application.
Just thanking God...
lekibraky:
That means they have settled with June applicant now is July applicants turn

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
Yommieyomi:
I applied for my children (3) on 15th June, got email for tls that applications received on 16th June and sent to Ukvi.
On 26th June, got a Mail from Sheffield that applications ready for consideration.
I called sometimes in July when I could not get any response just to be told yet to be considered.
On August 4th, I checked the status on Ukvi site and saw decided updated since 1st August.
On 7th of August got a mail from tls that decision has been made, that was around 2.30pm.Around 5.10pm I got another mail saying passports ready for collection.
Just thanking God...

Congratulations, another happy customer... grin

But then, it seems like you got a mail saying application ready to be considered. I'm not quite conversant with this mail; was your application standard?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2017
See below an extract of the email am talking about:
Dear

Regarding Visa Application:
For:

Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the visa section in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications. As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

*List of Appendices:
Appendix 1 - Children / Other Dependants
Appendix 2 - Spouse / Partner
Appendix 4 - Pre-flight family members of Refugees
Appendix 5 - Access Rights to Child

Further information is also available on the UK visas and immigration website.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

***********************************************************************************
Visit http://www.gov.uk/fco for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
**********************************************************************************
Also not it was a Standard application.

Brightingsus:

Congratulations, another happy customer... grin

But then, it seems like you got a mail saying application ready to be considered. I'm not quite conversant with this mail; was your application standard?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lantrenzo: 9:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
Thanks alot @TatPat. I will do that.

TatPat:

Honestly, there's nothing you can do but to wait patiently, hopefully,they'll get to yours soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Alpha77: 1:24am On Aug 09, 2017
You can check your application status on UKVI site with a TLS reference number that starts with M instead of normal GWF.
I just checked mine few minutes ago. I have been trying GWF but never work just discovered that the TLS ref number works on UKVI site.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lantrenzo: 2:59am On Aug 09, 2017
Thanks alot @Alpha77. So kind of you.

Alpha77:
You can check your application status on UKVI site with a TLS reference number that starts with M instead of normal GWF.
I just checked mine few minutes ago. I have been trying GWF but never work just discovered that the TLS ref number works on UKVI site.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 6:29am On Aug 09, 2017
Alpha77:

Where can one find the TLS ref number (starting with M); during online application/TLS account creation or at the TLS Appointment/Biometrics ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 09, 2017
Alpha77:
If they haven't decided your application Both M and GWF ref will not work.
Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 8:44am On Aug 09, 2017
Just an update on my Mum's visa. It is funny how I got a TLS message saying that the passport has been sent back from UK, and same day it's been received by TLSAbuja. Do they use witches to move the documents because those are the only service that fast and efficient. Anyway, TLS has sent a message that it's with the courier and they also included a DHL number for tracking it. Fingers crossed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NIFES(f): 9:14am On Aug 09, 2017
I have always used the link below in tracking my application and so far it's been keeping me updated;
https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/splash.php
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 9:17am On Aug 09, 2017
showstopa:
Just an update on my Mum's visa. It is funny how I got a TLS message saying that the passport has been sent back from UK, and same day it's been received by TLSAbuja. Do they use witches to move the documents because those are the only service that fast and efficient. Anyway, TLS has sent a message that it's with the courier and they also included a DHL number for tracking it. Fingers crossed.

You know, TLS may start out with realtime information. However as the application progresses they may not provide realtime information. This explains why some applicants sometimes get decision email from TLS and a few hours later same day they get collection email from same TLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 9:52am On Aug 09, 2017
Advisory:

If they haven't decided your application Both M and GWF ref will not work.
Regards

The M reference works even if they haven't decided the application. when using the M reference, just put in the numbers only without the M. (Remove the M from the reference) and it would work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 10:31am On Aug 09, 2017
TatPat:

The M reference works even if they haven't decided the application. when using the M reference, just put in the numbers only without the M. (Remove the M from the reference) and it would work.
Tried mine it did not work. It still said it was not recognized.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 09, 2017
TatPat:

Nope it doesn't
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 10:41am On Aug 09, 2017
Brightingsus:

You know, TLS may start out with realtime information. However as the application progresses they may not provide realtime information. This explains why some applicants sometimes get decision email from TLS and a few hours later same day they get collection email from same TLS.

You are right.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 09, 2017
TatPat:

Been there done that it does not work as long as your application is not decided yet and as for the number only just make sure it is actually your application and you haven't stumbled on another persons page
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by baldman: 10:53am On Aug 09, 2017
I applied June 15 and the status indicated that it was decided on 4th August, 2017. I got a mail from TLS notifying me that a decision has been made yesterday and a subsequent mail asking me to come for collection later in the day. I have not had the time to go pick up my passport but this took too long and I just want to thank everyone for contributing to this threade. I was able to track the progress through comments on this thread. I have also found that visas are being given regardless of whether or not your travel date has passed. I will be back to give you the good news!!1
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 11:01am On Aug 09, 2017
Congrats!! Are you a first time applicant?
baldman:
I applied June 15 and the status indicated that it was decided on 4th August, 2017. I got a mail from TLS notifying me that a decision has been made yesterday and a subsequent mail asking me to come for collection later in the day. I have not had the time to go pick up my passport but this took too long and I just want to thank everyone for contributing to this threade. I was able to track the progress through comments on this thread. I have also found that visas are being given regardless of whether or not your travel date has passed. I will be back to give you the good news!!1
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brandagencies(f): 11:20am On Aug 09, 2017
Hello, please I need a little help here.
1. I have been denied a U.K. Visa once because consular said I cannot find my travel
2. I have a valid US visa
3. I earned 150k monthly which had been reviewed to 185k
4. I have three bank accounts. Salary account has over 1.5million naira, but I have never made a withdrawal
5. Savings account receives over 19million monthly but I don't have up to 1million as account balance.
6. I have an haulage buisness I'm managing unofficially, with a buisness account where bulk lodgements are made and dispersed
7. I have another account with about 600k in it .
8. I want to reapply for the visa
What are my chances, I really cannot explain why I have so much money coming in and out of the buisness account as the haulage buisness doesn't bring as much money that comes into the account.

Kindly advice on which statements should be tendered and what the chances are.

Best regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 11:22am On Aug 09, 2017
Advisory:

Been there done that it does not work as long as your application is not decided yet and as for the number only just make sure it is actually your application and you haven't stumbled on another persons page

You might be right, when I try with the M, it doesn't recognise, without the M, it brings a result. Maybe it's not mine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Alpha77: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2017
TLS reference number is at the top of your TLS account website.
If the GWF doesn't work then try the TLS ref to know your application status. It works for me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 11:37am On Aug 09, 2017
I dont think that should affect your application, since they know there is no way you could proceed with your visa payment without the IHS payment.

Were you able to print the IHS transaction confirmation email?

5hyguy:
Hello guys, i just applied for my student tier 4 visa application, but i d hid not write my IHS number on my visa application form i was not aware, but i submitted the confirmation page that was sent to me as part of my supporting documents.

is there any possibility not writing the number on my application form will affect me?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by baldman: 11:37am On Aug 09, 2017
Yes I am and thanks for congratulating me in advance. Thanks and yours is coming too in Jesus name ( Amen). Halleluyah
mokikeoj:
Congrats!! Are you a first time applicant?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by 5hyguy: 2:32pm On Aug 09, 2017
yes, i submitted it along with my supporting docs thanks
Endlessgrace:
I dont think that should affect your application, since they know there is no way you could proceed with your visa payment without the IHS payment.

Were you able to print the IHS transaction confirmation email?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wrongnumber: 3:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
Yommieyomi:
Just thanking God...

Congrats but how come I have not even had a decision made on the medical visa I applied for on the 14th of same June?

No mail from TLS and I even checked the Ukvi site with the GW and M ref numbers but not recognized but you made your submittion a day after mine and you have gotten your passport or did you pay for a priority application?

Im really tired of waiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2017
wrongnumber:

Congrats but how come I have not even had a decision made on the medical visa I applied for on the 14th of same June?

No mail from TLS and I even checked the Ukvi site with the GW and M ref numbers but not recognized but you made your submittion a day after mine and you have gotten your passport or did you pay for a priority application?

The answer to this is simple! Every application is treated on its own merit. You might have been before the other applicant queue-wise, but it does not take the same time to access one application as the other. Individual circumstances come into play. Some applications might be more straightforward than the other.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wrongnumber: 4:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
Brightingsus:

The answer to this is simple! Every application is treated on its own merit. You might have been before the other applicant queue-wise, but it does not take the same time to access one application as the other. Individual circumstances come into play. Some applications might be more straightforward than the other.

It is well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by baldman: 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
baldman:
Yes I am and thanks for congratulating me in advance. Thanks and yours is coming too in Jesus name ( Amen). Halleluyah

Halleluyah! I got the visa!! God did it!!!

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
baldman:

Halleluyah! I got the visa!! God did it!!!

Congratulations!! Enjoy your trip. Please do hang on and contribute your advises to first time applicants like you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2017
It was a Standard application.I didn't pay for priority service.
wrongnumber:

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.