Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1527065 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2017
Halleluyah....congrats
baldman:

Halleluyah! I got the visa!! God did it!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kalabariprinces: 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
Evening house,

Is there a general delay in processing for visit visas for applicantions made at the Abuja branch?

My husband and sponsee made their application on 31st July. I know it's summer holidays but we are used to a quick turnaround.
Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 7:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
Kalabariprinces:
Evening house,

Is there a general delay in processing for visit visas for applicantions made at the Abuja branch?

My husband and sponsee made their application on 31st July. I know it's summer holidays but we are used to a quick turnaround.
Thanks in advance

General peak delays everywhere, even beyond Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
Alpha77:
TLS reference number is at the top of your TLS account website.
If the GWF doesn't work then try the TLS ref to know your application status. It works for me.
I'm not understanding, which one is TLS no again pls ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
iWasNotHere:
I'm not understanding, which one is TLS no again pls ?

Once you log into your TLS account, the Ref no. is at the top starting with 'M'.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by 5hyguy: 8:46pm On Aug 09, 2017
hello guys i just checked the status of my application on TLS and its now green on my name, does this mean my application has been checked and administered too?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 9:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
5hyguy:
hello guys i just checked the status of my application on TLS and its now green on my name, does this mean my application has been checked and administered too?

...as TLS don turn people application to hospital theatre to be 'administered to' grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dblackgirls: 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hello house...pls I submitted my application on 12th of July , i got a mail that my application is waiting for a decision since 24th of july and no more messages till now...my intended travel date is 7th of august ...it is suppose to be a renewal, though I was refused last year march for funds and because I stayed for 8 weeks previously, hope I won't be refused because my travel date has passed?thou the funds in my account is okay this time, the reason I stayed for 8weeks was referenced and a letter from my place of work also permitted me for 3 weeks from aug7 , hope they won't say the period has passed ..I'm just curious ...fear of another refusal�.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 10:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
Brightingsus:

Once you log into your TLS account, the Ref no. is at the top starting with 'M'.
thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
Dblackgirls:
Hello house...pls I submitted my application on 12th of July , i got a mail that my application is waiting for a decision since 24th of july and no more messages till now...my intended travel date is 7th of august ...it is suppose to be a renewal, though I was refused last year march for funds and because I stayed for 8 weeks previously, hope I won't be refused because my travel date has passed?thou the funds in my account is okay this time, the reason I stayed for 8weeks was referenced and a letter from my place of work also permitted me for 3 weeks from aug7 , hope they won't say the period has passed ..I'm just curious ...fear of another refusal�.

You should keep the hope alive. They don't really refuse because your intended travel date has passed. All you need to do is get a compelling reason to dish out at POE.

But hold on, did you say u were denied previously for staying 8 weeks? How much time did u say u would spend before u got that visa?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tjslyy: 4:06am On Aug 10, 2017
Hello All, I have been a silent observer here. I had my first application rejected in May for lack of funds in my account to cover for the trip. Though I already stated that the company is paying for my trip. I applied again in June and lo and behold, I got the passport with the Visa issued yesterday. Thanks @all

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ddonsly: 5:28am On Aug 10, 2017
Congratulations! Please what date in June did you apply? Thanks

Tjslyy:
Hello All, I have been a silent observer here. I had my first application rejected in May for lack of funds in my account to cover for the trip. Though I already stated that the company is paying for my trip. I applied again in June and lo and behold, I got the passport with the Visa issued yesterday. Thanks @all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dblackgirls: 7:24am On Aug 10, 2017
The visa in which I spent 8 weeks in the UK was being used for the second time, it is a 6 months visa (av used 2 weeks from it wen it was issued)and I also had a schengen then...it was when it expired I applied for another Feb 2016, I was refused because they said they were not sure of how I was able to sustain myself for 8 weeks and for the fund it was clearly stated that my daddy was my sponsor but in my own acct I had less than 500dollars ...for that app I was qualified but the person in charge just wanted to refuse me I suppose.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Joycers: 9:03am On Aug 10, 2017
Good Morning Everyone;
Please I need everyone advise, I'm a first time applicant. I submitted my Tier4 Application on the 24th July and 26th July the UKVI received it. Since then no update. Everyone should kindly advice me on this matter and my school is resuming soon. I'm really disturbed about this.
Thank you all in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adoox2: 9:22am On Aug 10, 2017
Hello Guys,
thanks for the wonderful job here, this trend is of big help and relief to. UK Visa applicants,
I need Pls somebody help, a friend was invited by her brother to attend his graduation (Ph'D) she applied for Visa in 2015 and was refused, after outlining the documents and her intentions, below was what they told her.

*I do not find it credible that you would spend nearly your entire savings on the trip to the UK,
I am not satisfied as to your intentions in wishing to travel to the UK now. I am not satisfied that you genuinely intend a short visit only to the UK and that you will leave the UK at the end of the visit or that you have sufficient funds available to cover your costs whilst in UK.
Future applications.
Any future applications you make will be considered on their individual merits. However you are likely to be refused unless:
¤ your personal circumstances change significantly between now and next application.
¤ you provide compelling new evidence with your next application.

Now she has a registered business running with a good turnover and she is thinking of applying for Visa again to spend xmass, but this time her inlaw which she never mentioned in her previous application is inviting her, her brother still lives in UK but have no right to invite her.my question is
1. Will her previous Visa Refusal affects her?
2. What's the faith of her application now that someone else is inviting her?
3. In the previous application she mentioned she has a brother and now the brothers visa expires and he has refused to come back,will her brothers attitude affects her application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 10, 2017
adoox2:
Hello Guys,
thanks for the wonderful job here, this trend is of big help and relief to. UK Visa applicants,
I need Pls somebody help, a friend was invited by her brother to attend his graduation (Ph'D) she applied for Visa in 2015 and was refused, after outlining the documents and her intentions, below was what they told her.

*I do not find it credible that you would spend nearly your entire savings on the trip to the UK,
I am not satisfied as to your intentions in wishing to travel to the UK now. I am not satisfied that you genuinely intend a short visit only to the UK and that you will leave the UK at the end of the visit or that you have sufficient funds available to cover your costs whilst in UK.
Future applications.
Any future applications you make will be considered on their individual merits. However you are likely to be refused unless:
¤ your personal circumstances change significantly between now and next application.

Now she has a registered business running with a good turnover and she is thinking of applying for Visa again to spend xmass, but this time her inlaw which she never mentioned in her previous application is inviting her, her brother still lives in UK but have no right to invite her.my question is
3. In the previous application she mentioned she has a brother and now the brothers visa expires and he has refused to come back,will her brothers attitude affects her application?

I believe the home does not yet know that the brother had overstayed the Visa, why they only monitor who comes in and do not necessarily know who is gone out ( a lot of people will like to disprove this but that is the plain truth)
Her application should be treated on her own merit and as her situation as improved with goof finance she should be fine.
NOTE if her brother is caught before then, then it goes on file he is an over stayer which may flag up everyone he has tried to invite before.
but like her said if she has got stronger ties to Nigeria she should be fine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:26am On Aug 10, 2017
Advisory:

I believe the home does not yet know that the brother had overstayed the Visa, why they only monitor who comes in and do not necessarily know who is gone out ( a lot of people will like to disprove this but that is the plain truth)
Her application should be treated on her own merit and as her situation as improved with goof finance she should be fine.
NOTE if her brother is caught before then, then it goes on file he is an over stayer which may flag up everyone he has tried to invite before.

What about the passport number of family member that would be asked once you declare u have family in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 11:25am On Aug 10, 2017
DEAR NOBLE HOUSE I HAIL UNA OO!!!! ABEG AM YET TO GET RESPONSE FROM YOU GUYS OOOO!!!!!!!!!!1 ABEG MAKE UNA HELP ME WITH INFO
I really need your advise , I and my husband was denied visa for US and UK last year. early this year I applied for canadian student visa and was also denied on June. Now I want to apply for UK visa for Christmas holiday alone to my cousins house, will they deny me?? am scared to apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:30am On Aug 10, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:
DEAR NOBLE HOUSE I HAIL UNA OO!!!! ABEG AM YET TO GET RESPONSE FROM YOU GUYS OOOO!!!!!!!!!!1 ABEG MAKE UNA HELP ME WITH INFO
I really need your advise , I and my husband was denied visa for US and UK last year. early this year I applied for canadian student visa and was also denied on June. Now I want to apply for UK visa for Christmas holiday alone to my cousins house, will they deny me?? am scared to apply

Sis, pls ask particular questions (specific questions). U havent asked any question really...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 11:48am On Aug 10, 2017
NOBLE HOUSE PLEASE I NEED A LINK TO UK VISIT VISA APPLICATION PROCESS AND FORM.
SECONDLY I HAVE UPTO 3M IN MY SAVINGS ACCOUNT I HAVE NOT TOUCHED SINCE LAST YEAR AND MY SALARY ACC HAVE 2M AND SOME FRACTION INCLUDING MY PENSION ACC WITH 3.5M IN THE ACC. MY QUESTION IS THIS, IF I WAS ASKED HOW MUCH I WILL SPEND FOR THE TRIP WHAT WILL BE THE RIGHT ANSWER TO GIVE THEM?
WHICH FORM WILL I USE FOR THE APPLICATION SINCE MY COUSIN IS INVITING ME? VAF1A OR VAF1B
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 12:37pm On Aug 10, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

Chibabe, What's the reason for your trip and past visa applications?
Also, if you are scared to apply, and want to avoid the risk of denial, better to travel countries that have less stringent visa conditions. If have traveled to a few of those other countries in the recent past, then: pray, have faith and work on the requirements for this visa application.

I think your cousin will need to send some proof that s/he can accommodate you in his/her house: letter of invitation, evidence of permission to stay in the UK, utility bill, council tax, and any other documents that you think will be helpful: in addition to the normal UKVI requirements for visitor visas.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oluebbie: 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2017
A quick update
My parents passports are now ready for collection. They submitted since 19th of June. The application was for them to be present at my graduation (which has passed now).
I pray they are granted the visa, fingers crossed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2017
bigbus:

Chibabe, What's the reason for your trip and past visa applications?
Also, if you are scared to apply, and want to avoid the risk of denial, better to travel countries that have less stringent visa conditions. If have traveled to a few of those other countries in the recent past, then: pray, have faith and work on the requirements for this visa application.

I think your cousin will need to send some proof that s/he can accommodate you in his/her house: letter of invitation, evidence of permission to stay in the UK, utility bill, council tax, and any other documents that you think will be helpful: in addition to the normal UKVI requirements for visitor visas.

Thanks for the info!
Can you list those countries that have less strict or rigid visa conditions. I may consider that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

Thanks for the info!
Can you list those countries that have less strict or rigid visa conditions. I may consider that.

You can try wikipedia: Visa requirements for Nigerian, there's info there on every country and their visa requirements for people with Nigerian passports. There are many different options, difficult to prescribe as you will know what you prefer (e.g. Dubai for sight seeing and shopping, Seychelles for nature, beauty and peace, Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, Japan, Brazil, Singapore, etc) Some grant visa (free or paid) on arrival and others are easy to get, still others have clear requirements which once met objectively they will grant you their visa. ECOWAS countries are also visa free, but those ones, unless you have a tour operator or a friend in the destination country, I wouldn't really recommend them for vacation, unless you like adventure.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adoox2: 5:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
Advisory:

This is helpful, thanks alot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
adoox2:
Hello Guys,

Future applications.

adoox2:

This is helpful, thanks alot.

Tread carefully with such advise you called 'helpful'

Her first application which was refused was to visit a brother who is now an overstayer and this one is to visit an uncle that was not disclosed before hence the problem..her brother's immigration status will be brought up because he is on their file already and because he overstayed the suspicion will be that she is likely to overstay as well.

Homeoffice knows who has left the country because airlines or other border posts has the list of people going in and out of the country.

The only way you can leave the UK without the authority somehow knowing is when you get smuggled and the car or truck was not searched at the border.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adoox2: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2017
justwise:

Trade carefully with such advise you called 'helpful'

Her first application which was refused was to visit a brother who is now an overstayer and this one is to visit an uncle that was not disclosed before hence the problem..her brother's immigration status will be brought up because he is on their file already and because he overstayed the suspicion will be that she is likely to overstay as well.

Homeoffice knows who has left the country because airlines or other border posts has the list of people going in and out of the country.

The only way you can leave the UK without the authority somehow knowing is when you get smuggled and the car or truck was not searched at the border.

The thing is she got married last year, and her in law stays in UK, and wants her to spend Xmass with them, what do you advise?
Apply or not
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2017
adoox2:

The thing is she got married last year, and her in law stays in UK, and wants her to spend Xmass with them, what do you advise?
Apply or not

1. Who will be sponsoring the trip?

2.Traveling with her hubby?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 10, 2017
justwise:

Trade carefully with such advise you called 'helpful'

Like I said a lot of people will disagree but I know for a fact that the UK does not monitor exit and this was brought up in the House of Parliament for debate sometimes ago. If home office monitors through airline then they should knock at your registered address when you have overstayed which they don't. As you know the uk takes data protection seriously and the airlines are not obligated to pass information to home office and that's the reason you have immigration desk at arrivals. They know you have overstayed when they stop you at random, they check with your employer , they carry out an immigration raid or you commit a crime.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:04pm On Aug 10, 2017
Advisory:

The home know what day you enter and leave the UK. That is why there is no border control or exit stamp when leaving the UK. So those that had overstayed will not be stopped if they decide to live. However, if cut, that is automatic detention and deportation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:15pm On Aug 10, 2017
Advisory:

Like I said a lot of people will disagree but I know for a fact that the UK does not monitor exit and this was brought up in the House of Parliament for debate sometimes ago. If home office monitors through airline then they should knock at your registered address when you have overstayed which they don't. As you know the uk takes data protection seriously and the airlines are not obligated to pass information to home office and that's the reason you have immigration desk at arrivals. They know you have overstayed when they stop you at random, they check with your employer , they carry out an immigration raid or you commit a crime.

Inasmuch as you could be right in your arguments, it does not particularly help the case concerned. If we look closely at the concerns of the person who asked the initial question, you would see the cousin was mentioned earlier who is now an overstayer. Now an uncle is to be mentioned which was not mentioned previously. The real issue to deal with is whether or not the cousin would be mentioned again given it was originally. Any family you mention would prompt you to give their passport numbers. Why does UKVI ask for this info? Think about it. No two passport numbers are the same. Whether or not UKVI would search out the overstayer or not, chances are that the visa applicant could be seen as a potential overstayer given their family member did.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2017
Advisory:

I thought that when you dropped your old ID and register this one that you will stop giving misleading info here.

If the UK doesn't monitor who leaves the country then how did they get the net immigration figure which is published yearly?

Airlines cooperate with immigration regarding list of people leaving the country and this is why wanted individuals are sometimes arrested before they board the flight or before they land at the destination immigration and police will be waiting.

People who pay Nigeria immigration officers at the airport for an exit stamp when they overstayed get caught out by British embassy because they know exactly when such individual left the UK.

Even if you are leaving the UK by road the border immigration still check your passport and car searched.

After getting your boarding pass at the airport and start heading to boarding gate you go through a good number of immigration desks and sometimes your passport and boarding pass will be collected, looked at then returned to you..what do you think those immigration officers are there for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.