Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1527065 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
That means they have settled with June applicant now is July applicants turn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2017
Tiyanya:
Sorry did you pay for priority?

No it was, a regular application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2017
TatPat:

Congratulations!

Thank YOu
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2017
Settled fire! some June applicants are still waiting endlessly
lekibraky:
That. Rand s they have settled with June applicant now is July applicants turn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yispa: 4:17pm On Aug 07, 2017
Transcript:
Biometrics on the 6th of June, 2017
Myself, wife and son.
passports got to ukvi on the 7th of June
Passports got to Sheffield on the 19th of June
Got a mail on the 27th of June from Sheffield that they couldn't meet 15 days deadline and that application is still under consideration
Got a mail from TLS on the 4th of August that application has been decided around 8:54am
Got another mail from TLS around 3pm that application for my wife and i is ready for collection.
Picked up our passport today:
My wife:6 months visa issued 3rd of August.
Myself 2 years visa issued 2nd of August.
Intended travel date was sometimes in July, which as passed
Still expecting my son's passport.
Thank you guys.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ddonsly: 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2017
I applied (standard service) in June and still awaiting a decision. Since I paid for courier added service, I expect my passport to be returned via courier. Please does anyone know the rough estimate of the time it takes between decision by the UKVI and courier delivery of passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 07, 2017
yispa:
Transcript:
Myself, wife and son.
Got a mail on the 27th of June from Sheffield that they couldn't meet 15 days deadline and that application is still under consideration
Got a mail from TLS on the 4th of August that application has been decided around 8:54am
Got another mail from TLS around 3pm that application for my wife and i is ready for collection
Thank you guys.
Thanks for letting us know
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tiyanya: 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ddonsly: 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2017
No, I'm not!

Tiyanya:
Are you a first time applicant?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fpmtrends: 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2017
Are we saying that some people that applied in Jily didnt get that same July...that really crazy tho...all d delays and they will cease ur passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetgold5: 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2017
Hello,

Please i need an advice on this situation.

i traveled to UK 2014 to put to bed i went with a 2years visiting Visa. Though my Hubby resides in the UK but as at then he had a dependent visa of 5years (i got the invite from my Uncle who is already a citizen). I was billed £7,000 for delivery and Antenatal as an international visitor but i was able to pay £1000 from the bill before i left UK and i made sure i did'nt spend up to 6months before coming back to Nigeria.

Now, early this year my Husband was given his residence permit and he is planing to apply for me and our child but the outstanding bills is still an issue that is pulling us back from applying. I have not traveled back to UK since i got back 2015, because i have not still completed the payment of the hospital bill (though i have paid another £1000).

My question now is this.
Do i still need to complete the outstanding payment?
Can my husband now claim that i am his wife and it was his baby i had and transfer the outstanding bills on him and make him pay the money?
Can he still apply for me and his child under this condition?
What is the likely chance of me and the baby getting our own stay visa if we do not make the payment and if we make the payment?

Please i would really appreciate it if i can get an answer to these questions or possibly refer me to a good lawyer for advice or refer me to UK online immigration question and answer site (if there is)

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2017
sweetgold5:
Hello,

Please i need an advice on this situation.

i traveled to UK 2014 to put to bed i went with a 2years visiting Visa. Though my Hubby resides in the UK but as at then he had a dependent visa of 5years (i got the invite from my Uncle who is already a citizen). I was billed £7,000 for delivery and Antenatal as an international visitor but i was able to pay £1000 from the bill before i left UK and i made sure i did'nt spend up to 6months before coming back to Nigeria.

Now, early this year my Husband was given his residence permit and he is planing to apply for me and our child but the outstanding bills is still an issue that is pulling us back from applying. I have not traveled back to UK since i got back 2015, because i have not still completed the payment of the hospital bill (though i have paid another £1000).

My question now is this.
Do i still need to complete the outstanding payment?
Can my husband now claim that i am his wife and it was his baby i had and transfer the outstanding bills on him and make him pay the money?
Can he still apply for me and his child under this condition?
What is the likely chance of me and the baby getting our own stay visa if we do not make the payment and if we make the payment?

Please i would really appreciate it if i can get an answer to these questions or possibly refer me to a good lawyer for advice or refer me to UK online immigration question and answer site (if there is)

Thanks

To answer you, is your intended new application for a spouse visa or visit visa?

When you travelled in 2014 though on an invite from your uncle, did you mention your husband's name as family in the UK?

Ordinarily your debt is not written off as your identity remains unchanged. If you apply to visit, home office would contact the NHS to make enquiry as to whether you made use of NHS services during your last visit and whether you owe.

In fact, you should be aware that NHS would have already submitted your debt information to the Home Office. If you attempt to apply now it would flag up. However you should make your findings. There could be a repayment plan for you. Find below the link to the Govt website containing relevant information...

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/507694/Overseas_chargeable_patients_2016.pdf

Also, find below screenshots that could aid you on the go.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2017
I love this, congrats. I use your testimony as a point of connection for mine in Jesus name
yispa:
Transcript:
Myself, wife and son.
Got another mail from TLS around 3pm that application for my wife and i is ready for collection.
Thank you guys.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetgold5: 7:52pm On Aug 07, 2017
Brightingsus:

To answer you, is your intended new application for a spouse visa or visit visa?

When you travelled in 2014 though on an invite from your uncle, did you mention your husband's name as family in the UK?

Ordinarily your debt is not written off as your identity remains unchanged. If you apply to visit, home office would contact the NHS to make enquiry as to whether you made use of NHS services during your last visit and whether you owe.

In fact, you should be aware that NHS would have already submitted your debt information to the Home Office. If you attempt to apply now it would flag up. However you should make your findings. There could be a repayment plan for you. Find below the link to the Govt website containing relevant information...

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/507694/Overseas_chargeable_patients_2016.pdf

Also, find below screenshots that could aid you on the go.

Thanks so much for your prompt response i really appreciate your response.

As to answers to your questions

The intended new application my hubby is planning to apply for is an indefinite stay to live in the UK maybe it is also called the "SPOUSE VISA"

To your Second Question: I have been traveling to the UK before 2014 and it has been an invite from my Uncle and i have never mentioned my husbands name in any of my documents or applications. In fact i am still using my median name i have not changed my name to my husbands name on my passport but which i intend to do soon since my passport has expired.

And then i did not make any arrangement with the NHS as to when and how i will be paying my bills (that is another aspect i am scared of) i just tried to make part payment of £1000 within a month of getting the invoice.

I hope even after making the payment my hubby will still be able to apply for me and the baby and our applications will not be denied?

THANKS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luvhenry(m): 10:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
Mehn the whole thing is funny. I submitted on 10th July. Up till now, nothing. A colleague who submitted 12 July has since been sorted since last week. Is there a thing with 1st timers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 11:10pm On Aug 07, 2017
luvhenry:
Mehn the whole thing is funny. I submitted on 10th July. Up till now, nothing. A colleague who submitted 12 July has since been sorted since last week. Is there a thing with 1st timers

People that have been refused in the past takes longer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lantrenzo: 11:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
@Justwise @Epkotek @ Advisory @Tatpat

lantrenzo:

Dear Gurus in the house! I applied for a visit visa and paid for a priority service on July 20. Got the general confirmation from Sheffield the following day. I understand that priority service usually takes 5 working days. After 5 working days, I contacted the UKVI by call and email but got a generic response.

What do you suggest? What is the next step? Tomorrow makes it 15 working days. I paid for priority service.

Thank you guys!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kksamm: 12:50am On Aug 08, 2017
Yes it can be granted without an invite, not all tourist have got family where they are going to.
Ensure you book an hotel and submit all necessary documents.
Let say by chance you were called and asked why you decided not to stay with your relative what will you say?

Thank you very much. If I'm asked why I won't be staying with my relative, I will say that he doesn't have enough space(at the moment) to accommodate me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kksamm: 12:58am On Aug 08, 2017
Advisory:

Yes it can be granted without an invite, not all tourist have got family where they are going to.
Ensure you book an hotel and submit all necessary documents.
Let say by chance you were called and asked why you decided not to stay with your relative what will you say?

Thank you very much. If I'm asked why I won't be staying with my relative, I will say that he doesn't have enough space(at the moment) to accommodate me.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chikejustin2255: 1:52am On Aug 08, 2017
Hello,
I applied for a six months student visa to the Uk in April and I was denied on the basis of my personal economic status. My dad don't have the money to sponsor me so My uncle was my sponsor and he is boyant and has paid the full fee to the school. My application was OK but they judged me based on my personal circumstance, that they are not sure I will return or finance my stay without a third party.I only emitted my uncles statement of account and my dad's concent letter together with other documents.

Now I want to reapply and this time around I want to emit my uncles statement again since he was d one that paid my tuition fee and also my personal account because my uncle paid in 3million as my maintenance fee which am to leave in my account for 28days but he told my dad to write in his consent letter that he (my dad) paid in the money to support me. Also my dad has a company which he made me one of his directors when I was still in sec school. He want to submit that to show my ties to my country.
Please my question is can I get the visa this way?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blza: 3:05am On Aug 08, 2017
TatPat:

People that have been refused in the past takes longer.

Complete false... do not wind people up!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cosade(m): 5:13am On Aug 08, 2017
sweetgold5:

Thanks so much for your prompt response i really appreciate your response.

As to answers to your questions

The intended new application my hubby is planning to apply for is an indefinite stay to live in the UK maybe it is also called the "SPOUSE VISA"

To your Second Question: I have been traveling to the UK before 2014 and it has been an invite from my Uncle and i have never mentioned my husbands name in any of my documents or applications. In fact i am still using my median maiden name i have not changed my name to my husbands name on my passport but which i intend to do soon since my passport has expired.

And then i did not make any arrangement with the NHS as to when and how i will be paying my bills (that is another aspect i am scared of) i just tried to make part payment of £1000 within a month of getting the invoice.

I hope even after making the payment my hubby will still be able to apply for me and the baby and our applications will not be denied?

THANKS.

If you clear your bill, I don't see any reason why it should affect your visa application. However, not changing your maiden name on your passport is not the issue but the marital status on your previous visa applications. So many people are married and they continue using their maiden names. Inconsistency may be the issue not the settled bill.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 08, 2017
luvhenry:
That your friends application must be a renewal while your is first time application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 9:00am On Aug 08, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Go to this thread, you will get all the info you need there.

Chikejustin2255:
Hello,
I applied for a six months student visa to the Uk in April and I was denied on the basis of my personal economic status. My dad don't have the money to sponsor me so My uncle was my sponsor and he is boyant and has paid the full fee to the school. My application was OK but they judged me based on my personal circumstance, that they are not sure I will return or finance my stay without a third party.I only emitted my uncles statement of account and my dad's concent letter together with other documents.

Now I want to reapply and this time around I want to emit my uncles statement again since he was d one that paid my tuition fee and also my personal account because my uncle paid in 3million as my maintenance fee which am to leave in my account for 28days but he told my dad to write in his consent letter that he (my dad) paid in the money to support me. Also my dad has a company which he made me one of his directors when I was still in sec school. He want to submit that to show my ties to my country.
Please my question is can I get the visa this way?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chilez(f): 10:08am On Aug 08, 2017
My mum and sister's application is going to 9 weeks now yet no decision. I been dey pray on top this matter.
KingAviii:

Suppose this was possible, I for happy naw. It's been 7weeks no message from UKVI & TLS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 10:34am On Aug 08, 2017
lantrenzo:

@Justwise @Epkotek @ Advisory @Tatpat

Honestly, there's nothing you can do but to wait patiently, hopefully,they'll get to yours soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
kksamm:

Good
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 08, 2017
Skmoney:
. PLS I GOT TRACKED MY STATUS AFTER SUBMITTING MY APPLICATION (Super Priority) AT ABUJA on the 26th and now since DECISION has been made, how long will it take to get my package back. I reside in ONDO STATE. I paid for courier.

Its urgent pls....Gurus in the house should pls reply me

Depends on the courier and when TLS received your documents back to be honest, people with courier experience to advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chilez(f): 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2017
My mum's own is June oo. I still never get decision email. By God's grace m hoping today oo..
lekibraky:
That means they have settled with June applicant now is July applicants turn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2017
Same thing with me. I submitted on the 5th of July and no decision yet. My friend submitted more than a week later and she collected her passport today with visa granted. Though I am a first timer and she is not. I don't really know if that is the issue.
luvhenry:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adoox2: 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
Brightingsus:
As quite a few people have complained of the ECO stating they did not explain funds or other parts of their application and thereby denying them, I just do hope the TLS truly scans all the documents submitted to them by an applicant. Do they really scan them documents before the applicant or they scan after the applicant has completed biometrics and left the facility? To be honest, I prefer the old style of sending hard copy documents to Sheffield. Just my thoughts...

They scanned all documents in the applicants presence, the applicant is even issued with a check a check list, where all the documents scanned are indicated. Am beginning to suspect this UK application is luck, let's start praying before applying..

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.