Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,643 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530856 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oluebbie: 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
Please can a representative collect on behalf of two people.
My parents' applications are now ready for ccollection and I am wondering if my sister based in Lagos can collect on their behalf or do they necessarily have to go in person?
Their appointment at Ikeja was booked as a group so if they have to go in person, can either one of them (mum or dad) collect on behalf of the two of them?
They are not based in Lagos.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 7:41pm On Aug 13, 2017
Yommieyomi:
You will receive an email either tomorrow or Tuesday, so I suggest waiting for the mail.
Plesse how do one track one's visa decision status on UKVI website ? Your guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
It will come out well sir, as to the air fares you're not alone on this. Some of us are still waiting for Ukvi
bimbotek:

I sincerely hope they get the visa, I had to shift my leave to see the outcome of their application so we can travel together. Missed some fantastic airline ticket offers cos of this delay from ukvi.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 7:56pm On Aug 13, 2017
Track via:https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus
Infiosa:

Plesse how do one track one's visa decision status on UKVI website ? Your guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
Oluebbie:
My parents' applications are now ready for ccollection and I am wondering if my sister based in Lagos can collect on their behalf or do they necessarily have to go in person?
Their appointment at Ikeja was booked as a group so if they have to go in person, can either one of them (mum or dad) collect on behalf of the two of them?

I collected for my parents last year. So, it's yes, unless things have changed. Only I am not sure if there was a place in submission slep to indicate who will collect.
Also, I saw one family member collect for the whole family several times: when waiting on the queue for my turn.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
Oluebbie:

I am not sure if your sister can collect them, but one of your parents can collect for two of them certainly. You don't need your mum and dad to physically go to Lagos to collect the passports; either your mum or your dad can go since they applied as a group. Check the image below which is an excerpt for the collection requirement from TLS

You can also check (last segment of the page):
https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/LOS/page.php?pid=procedure

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bmakens: 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2017
H
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by skybird1: 12:35am On Aug 14, 2017
Hi guys,
Getting concerned by all the things I've been reading.
Biometrics - 20th June
Called for escalation - 26th July, I was told I'd get a feedback in 15 working days latest (17th Aug)
Travel date - 20th Aug

Business Visit Visa < 6months.

ARE THERE STILL PEOPLE WHO SUBMITTED BEFORE THE 20TH AND HAVEN'T RECEIVED THEIR VISAS..?

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 7:28am On Aug 14, 2017
skybird1:
Hi guys,
Biometrics - 20th June
Called for escalation - 26th July, I was told I'd get a feedback in 15 working days latest (17th Aug)
Travel date - 20th Aug

ARE THERE STILL PEOPLE WHO SUBMITTED BEFORE THE 20TH AND HAVEN'T RECEIVED THEIR VISAS..?

Cheers

To answer you directly, the answer is YES.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ddonsly: 7:37am On Aug 14, 2017
Unfortunately, calling or emailing are the only options they've left us with! Check this out - https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

Bmakens:
Hello everyone hope we all had a nice day. Please I have a question. My husband and child applied for a visit visa since June 14th to attend my graduation in UK which has passed until now no notification from UKVI. Now we want to withdraw the application because we need the passports for other important things but don't know how to go about it. Have tried contacting the home office of which they requested their information for it to be escalated yet nothing. Does anyone know the fastest way one can withdraw applications and have the passports returned immediately without calling or sending emails to home office? Because I have done all that and it yielded no result.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 8:30am On Aug 14, 2017
Track via:https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus
Infiosa:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by burrytee(m): 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
skybird1:
Hi guys,
Biometrics - 20th June
Travel date - 20th Aug

Cheers
8th June no reply yet.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/LOS/news.php?id=3237_5703
This link will guide you accordingly.

Bmakens:
Hello everyone hope we all had a nice day. Please I have a question. My husband and child applied for a visit visa since June 14th to attend my graduation in UK which has passed until now no notification from UKVI. Now we want to withdraw the application because we need the passports for other important things but don't know how to go about it. Have tried contacting the home office of which they requested their information for it to be escalated yet nothing. Does anyone know the fastest way one can withdraw applications and have the passports returned immediately without calling or sending emails to home office? Because I have done all that and it yielded no result.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bansley: 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
skybird1:
Hi guys,
Biometrics - 20th June
Travel date - 20th Aug

Cheers
Yes there are people who submitted before and on the 20th of June both in lag and Abuja that are still awaiting decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by boboro1: 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2017
Just a quick one in relation to tourist visa will it be advisible to tell my host to write an individual invitation letter or group invitation because I read on the website that each applicate will sumit separately because my dad ,mum and want to visit our in law and the mother in law want to sponsor the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chilez(f): 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
sad sad sad At this point I am now convinced that the UK Visa people have misplaced my mum and sister's documentation. They applied since 7th June, yet no response. I have given several calls to them from here i stay in the UK so that it can be cheaper. Yet nothing. Its 2 months and 1 week now.
The UK embassy is now a failed incompetent system. tongue

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
chilez:
sad sad sad At this point I am now convinced that the UK Visa people have misplaced my mum and sister's documentation. They applied since 7th June, yet no response. I have given several calls to them from here i stay in the UK so that it can be cheaper. Yet nothing. Its 2 months and 1 week now.

It might not be as thought; there's someone here who's been waiting since June 8.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phardey: 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2017
Its a serious something
My mum applied since the 24th April and still nothing
I called for escalation 3 weeks ago. I was told someone will contact her within 15 working days.
Tomorrow will make the 16th working day

I will call them again with £1.37
Imagine??
chilez:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chilez(f): 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2017
shocked shocked ahhhhh! This is serious oo.
phardey:
Its a serious something
I called for escalation 3 weeks ago. I was told someone will contact her within 15 working days.

Imagine??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
Ahhhh!!! shocked :oAt this rate, let me jejely withdraw my application so I can obtain my passport to go to my other vacation destination. Kilode!! I no do again!! Mine is 6 weeks now...
phardey:
Its a serious something

Imagine??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oluebbie: 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
My parents were granted their visa after so much wait since 19th of June.
So happy.

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
Oluebbie:
My parents were granted their visa after so much wait since 19th of June.
So happy.

Huge Congrats

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Joyce27: 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2017
My husband applied for 6 months family visit since 20th of June, i received a call from home office like 2 weeks after to confirm his visiting, we got an email saying that his application is under consideration same day, no update after then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 11:25pm On Aug 14, 2017
Bmakens:
Its so annoying,But i will advice u to wait for them since u have waited for so long.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 11:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
phardey:
Its a serious something

Imagine??
Its so terrible,Because there is still no Visa guarantee for the long wait until u get back your passport. My wife wanted to reapply after they refused her Last time but she needs her passport to travel to the US in October 24 for her Nephew wedding,.But Because of these delays,She is afraid that they will seize her passport for 3 months in the name of Visa issuance till her traveling date & the wedding date elapses,Lol. This UK Visa people are so incompetent in their Visa processing. US & Schengen Visas are more efficient and effective.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lantrenzo: 7:06am On Aug 15, 2017
Hello Great People. It is close to a month now yet no email from Sheffield. The last email I got was that they couldn't reach a decision in 15 days though I paid for priority service. Please what do you suggest I do? Thanks.

lantrenzo:

@Justwise @Epkotek @ Advisory @Tatpat

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mightyola: 9:14am On Aug 15, 2017
Good day people, I have my biometric interview tomorrow at V.I. I noticed something when i paid online and finishing completing the form. On my form it says "ISSUING OFFICE- ABUJA". i know i clearly chose Lagos. I have my appointment by 10:30 tomorrow morning at V.I, please is this an issue?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gbollytee(m): 10:12am On Aug 15, 2017
mightyola:
Good day people, I have my biometric interview tomorrow at V.I. I noticed something when i paid online and finishing completing the form. On my form it says "ISSUING OFFICE- ABUJA". i know i clearly chose Lagos. I have my appointment by 10:30 tomorrow morning at V.I, please is this an issue?

No. All applications carry Abuja irrespective of application centre. Hope this helps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yispa: 10:15am On Aug 15, 2017
For all those that have applied and awaiting decision, i will advise you not to apply for withdrawal of application except you have something that you need the passport for urgently. Look at it this way; you have paid for your application to be accessed which leaves you with two options of either a YES or a NO. Withdrawal leaves you with a capital NO and your money will not refunded. Remember even if the application is denied after the long wait, it would have been accessed and reasons for refusals will be given to make such applicants better prepared for next time. If you withdrawal you won’t know what the outcome could have been as it won't be accessed at all with either a YES or a NO (with reasons for better preparation in future application).
The truth is, i have not heard of them misplacing anyone's passport before (although am not saying it’s not possible to misplace because no system is perfect). Let us all be patient, if we have waited for 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks, why do we pull out now if the passport is not needed urgently.

I applied for a renewal for myself and first time for my wife and child on 6th of June, got mail from TLS on decision on the 4th of August, and UKVI actually took decision on the 2nd of August. We all got the visas even though our intended travel date has passed. I remember my wife always complaining then that we should withdraw and collect our passports back. i asked her a simple question, "what will you be doing with the passport at home?" and she said nothing, she just wants it back in fact she is not traveling to UK anymore! (But now she keeps asking me what date we plan to go, how many days are we spending, where and where are visiting and all on a DAILY bases!). The system has changed and i don't think it’s a matter of summer rush, this is not the first year they are handling summer rush and my applications before now have always been summer period and it takes maximum of 10 working days at most even when i applied first time.

This is just my thought, 'anyone applying for UK visa now should just have the mindset of getting feedback between 8 weeks or more (assuming worst case scenario)'. Although it can be way shorter, a friend got decision in just 2 days of application and passport returned with 2 years visa on the 4th day this year April (standard application).

I hope someone finds this helpful.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mightyola: 10:23am On Aug 15, 2017
gbollytee:

No. All applications carry Abuja irrespective of application centre. Hope this helps

Thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bansley: 10:27am On Aug 15, 2017
lantrenzo:
Hello Great People. It is close to a month now yet no email from Sheffield. The last email I got was that they couldn't reach a decision in 15 days though I paid for priority service. Please what do you suggest I do? Thanks.

Best advice is for you to wait

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.