Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524594 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
I wonder how the VISA office in Sheffield decides on what application to look at. Because lots of people here seemed to have applied in June and even some one in April. Even many have not gotten any email that says application not straightforward. I was very worried about applying for my Mum in mid July considering the delays so I am quite grateful that it only took them to the 5th of August to decide.
Good luck to all the people still waiting on decisions

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kayzuz: 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
Thank you @ekpotek and @Solatium.

My sister called me today that she tracked our application on UKVI website, hers and my mum is saying decided, while my own reference number is saying not recognised. although, there has been no change in status on tls website for all 3 of us. All this, is just gviving me a bad omen, like they are trying to sideline my application and refuse?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
showstopa:
I wonder how the VISA office in Sheffield decides on what application to look at. Because lots of people here seemed to have applied in June and even some one in April. Even many have not gotten any email that says application not straightforward. I was very worried about applying for my Mum in mid July considering the delays so I am quite grateful that it only took them to the 5th of August to decide.
Good luck to all the people still waiting on decisions

First time application for your mum and standard?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by 5hyguy: 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
dude b calm, just pray over it, it will come out well
kayzuz:
Thank you @ekpotek and @Solatium.

My sister called me today that she tracked our application on UKVI website, hers and my mum is saying decided, while my own reference number is saying not recognised. although, there has been no change in status on tls website for all 3 of us. All this, is just gviving me a bad omen, like they are trying to sideline my application and refuse?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by toscott: 4:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
Bansley:

You need to let your company know ASAP of the application status, not straight forward means they are gonna do more verfication on your documents or they might need to speak to your employer or you in the future. If your employer are so desperate for you to start then they may consult a lawyer on your behalf.
Update
So i told my agent in the U.k about the not straightforward email and he called ukvi. In his language ' he was mad at them for saying its not straightforward and not giving the reasons why'. He said they apologised and told him dey will contact me very shortly. He also claimed he had escalated it to the next level whatever that means. It has been over 48hrs now and no response from UKVI. I hope the agent has not gone to scatter everything for me now.
Bansley:

You need to let your company know ASAP of the application status, not straight forward means they are gonna do more verfication on your documents or they might need to speak to your employer or you in the future. If your employer are so desperate for you to start then they may consult a lawyer on your behalf.
Update
So i told my agent in the U.k about the not straightforward email and he called ukvi. In his language ' he was mad at them for saying its not straightforward and not giving the reasons why'. He said they apologised and told him dey will contact me very shortly. He also claimed he had escalated it to the next level whatever that means. It has been over 48hrs now and no response from UKVI.
I hope the agent has not gone to scatter everything for me now? Im just very worried.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yispa: 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2017
bimbotek:
Update....
Wiffy was at the VAC to collect her passport today. She applied with our baby...both had biometrics done in ikeja, 22 June,2017. Application was decided Aug 9th when I tracked it on ukvi website. Tls sent a mail yesterday that wiffy's passport was ready for collection without any news on our baby's passport. She was at vac today...6 month was granted to her while they said the baby's passport is not yet ready.

@Bimbotek
Congrats on your wife's visa. Am not a consular officer but i can tell you that your baby will also get the visa. it's possible they send you a mail this evening or tomorrow for the passport.

Congrats.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
toscott:

Update
So i told my agent in the U.k about the not straightforward email and he called ukvi. In his language ' he was mad at them for saying its not straightforward and not giving the reasons why'. He said they apologised and told him dey will contact me very shortly. He also claimed he had escalated it to the next level whatever that means. It has been over 48hrs now and no response from UKVI. I hope the agent has not gone to scatter everything for me now.
Update
So i told my agent in the U.k about the not straightforward email and he called ukvi. In his language ' he was mad at them for saying its not straightforward and not giving the reasons why'. He said they apologised and told him dey will contact me very shortly. He also claimed he had escalated it to the next level whatever that means. It has been over 48hrs now and no response from UKVI.
I hope the agent has not gone to scatter everything for me now? Im just very worried.

To be honest, some of these agents portray themselves as people with power and influence just so you revere them. Fa-Fa-Fa-Foul!

The email you got is not peculiar to you as UKVI sends that email especially when your application needs more verification. Whether the agent called or the applicant called, UKVI would have given the same response of escalating the case. UKVI apologising was just Customer Service and not pressure put by the 'almighty' agent. In any case be hopeful and you would get a response from UKVI in due course.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
So no hope for those that submitted July 17 for now cos that was when my wife and daughter submitted their own
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:19pm On Aug 17, 2017
bimbotek:
Update....
Wiffy was at the VAC to collect her passport today. She applied with our baby...both had biometrics done in ikeja, 22 June,2017. Application was decided Aug 9th when I tracked it on ukvi website. Tls sent a mail yesterday that wiffy's passport was ready for collection without any news on our baby's passport. She was at vac today...6 month was granted to her while they said the baby's passport is not yet ready.

Congratulations on your wife visa. There will be no reason to deny the baby since it application was tied to your wife. Better start preparing for your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by themusketeer: 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
lekibraky:
So no hope for those that submitted July 17 for now cos that was when my wife and daughter submitted their own

Have you received any mail from ukba saying they could not meet the 15 days processing deadline ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by themusketeer: 7:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
bimbotek:
Update....

Did you at any point receive a mail from ukba saying your application couldn't be decided in 15days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
themusketeer:

Have you received any mail from ukba saying they could not meet the 15 days processing deadline ?
No mail just the one sent to acknowledge receipt of the application and they said its under consideration since July 22
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 8:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
toscott:

Update
Update

The mail stating that your application was not straightforward doesn't mean much in my opinion, I think they send this mail to a lot of people. I got the same mail and my application took exactly 17 days and those for my wife and child took 15 days even with the mail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
soxhixco:
The different names in my document was because I did a change of name from the family surname back to my dad name while I was in school but I was unable to make that effect on my school records then. So when I submitted my application then, it was my dad name that was there as the surname which didn't tally with my school record which was the family surname. That was the first time I applied then, that was exactly what prompt me to do a change of name on my passport which was successful after I submitted all the required documents to back up my claims and have not applied for UK ever since then not until I applied for Ireland visa recently and it was the agent that said I should fill the space that indicates if this was my first passport and that bounced back. But I want to apply for UK again but need your help on this. Thanks

You really need to work harder to convince the embassy about your true identity because as its now you have damaged your credibility with them.

In your next application you need to explain what lead to the in-consistency with your name and focus more on meeting the visa requirements
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by toscott: 9:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
dcutey:

The mail stating that your application was not straightforward doesn't mean much in my opinion, I think they send this mail to a lot of people. I got the same mail and my application took exactly 17 days and those for my wife and child took 15 days even with the mail.
Thanks a lot. This is quite reassuring.
Sorry to ask. Is it 17days from the day of biometrics or 17days from when you got the not straightforward mail. Then pls how recent was this your application. Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by toscott: 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
Brightingsus:

To be honest, some of these agents portray themselves as people with power and influence just so you revere them. Fa-Fa-Fa-Foul!

The email you got is not peculiar to you as UKVI sends that email especially when your application needs more verification. Whether the agent called or the applicant called, UKVI would have given the same response of escalating the case. UKVI apologising was just Customer Service and not pressure put by the 'almighty' agent. In any case be hopeful and you would get a response from UKVI in due course.
Many thanks for the response. let the waiting game begin.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hello House , Please i have few questions to ask ... I own a Registered live stock farm that consist of Poultry , fish farming and piggery .. I want to apply for Standard Visa , What are the chances of getting Visa if i apply with Hotel reservation because i dont have anyone inviting me and what are the document required for this application.

Will appreciate a response .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by themusketeer: 11:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
dcutey:

Just wanted to inform the house that I've been given UK Visa with less than six months validity on my Passport. Thank you all for your help, I'm grateful to all the contributors of the thread.

Less than 6months?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 12:09am On Aug 18, 2017
demashi:

@McGibson Great... My folks applied same day, same Centre. Were you a first time applicant? Did you get a letter of invitation or was it an hotel booking?

first timer with an invitation.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by soxhixco: 8:38am On Aug 18, 2017
Will I have to attach a letter explaining all this or what? Cos there's no much space to write all that in the form or I will need a lawyer to help me out in writing all that properly?

justwise:

You really need to work harder to convince the embassy about your true identity because as its now you have damaged your credibility with them.

In your next application you need to explain what lead to the in-consistency with your name and focus more on meeting the visa requirements

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by demashi: 8:52am On Aug 18, 2017
McGibson:

first timer with an invitation.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kalabariprinces: 9:44am On Aug 18, 2017
Morning all,

Clearly I'm impatient! The 15days has passed no email, no change on tls and number not recognized on UKVI.

Is there any other way to check? The U.K. Embassy want you to be gainfully employed or engaged in meaningful business but then they just mess you around! Our proposed travel date will soon pass �

Any July ers with positive feedback
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 10:35am On Aug 18, 2017
Kalabariprinces:
Morning all,

Clearly I'm impatient! The 15days has passed no email, no change on tls and number not recognized on UKVI.

Is there any other way to check? The U.K. Embassy want you to be gainfully employed or engaged in meaningful business but then they just mess you around! Our proposed travel date will soon pass �

Any July ers with positive feedback
Thanks

Application 14th July. Decision 5th August. Hang in there, fingers crossed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:04am On Aug 18, 2017
showstopa:

Application 14th July. Decision 5th August. Hang in there, fingers crossed

First-time Application or Renewal?

Standard or Priority?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bansley: 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
toscott:

Update
Update
You don't have to be worried, escalation does not dwindle your chance in any way. They are supposed to give reasons for not too straight forward applications but unfortunately they don't.
Just wait and see what happens, wish you all the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbotek: 12:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
themusketeer:

Yes, I got themail stating that the application would take mor than 15 days.

Did you at any point receive a mail from ukba saying your application couldn't be decided in 15days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
Brightingsus:

First-time Application or Renewal?

Standard or Priority?

Not a first time application, but there is nothing like renewal for UK visa. Its always a fresh application everytime. And it was a standard application also.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2017
showstopa:

Not a first time application, but there is nothing like renewal for UK visa. Its always a fresh application everytime. And it was a standard application also.

Nah, what I meant was whether you were a first-timer or a repeater. Naturally if you have applied for a UK visa and got it and did not overstay your visa, when you apply again it takes less time to verify your identity and you are not seen as a potential overstayer.

Nonetheless yours took the 15 working days (decision in 3 weeks)... cool cool cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2017
Josh4wod:
Hello
Does the type of English test I write determine if I will get US SCHOLARSHIP or not?

TOEFL OR IELTS

Mate, you are asking this on the wrong forum. We don't know. This thread is basically for UK visit visa enquiries. I believe there would be another forum that talks about your topic of interest. But from my general knowledge, I think people would prefer TOEFL for US schooling; but then again ask for expert advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Josh4wod: 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
Brightingsus:

Mate, you are asking this on the wrong forum. We don't know. This thread is basically for UK visit visa enquiries. I believe there would be another forum that talks about your topic of interest.
Thanks
Already posted before seeing it UK
Thanks for the response anyway

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.