Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529602 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 2:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
My mum got her visa o grin grin
Timeline:
Biometrics and Submission: 22nd June.
Visa: 11th August
Courier got delivered today.
Thanks guy.
To all those waiting yours is on the way!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 2:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
Brightingsus:

Nah, what I meant was whether you were a first-timer or a repeater. Naturally if you have applied for a UK visa and got it and did not overstay your visa, when you apply again it takes less time to verify your identity and you are not seen as a potential overstayer.

Nonetheless yours took the 15 working days (decision in 3 weeks)... cool cool cool

Okay I get. It is strange though because I know two other non first timers. One got hers in a week and the other is still waiting both submitted 13th July. Also this is the longest it's taken to get a UK visa. The last time took my Mum 3 days, I kid you not but it wasnot TLS. it was the old system where you got an email that said ......Your visa has been issued and approved bla bla.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 2:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nchabuomo:
Timeline:
Thanks guy.

Congrats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2017
Brightingsus:

Congrats
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Riribliss: 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hello everyone.
Please I would like to know if anyone with escalated case on UKVI have gotten any response regarding their application.
My parents contacted them since last month and were told the case have been escalated and they will get feedback within 10-15 working days but they have still not heard from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tinybabs: 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I was banned for 10years in 2006. Now that the ban has ended in 2016, I will like to apply for UK visit visa again with the hope of clearing my profile with UK embassy. Every advise and opinion will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:23pm On Aug 18, 2017
Tinybabs:
Hi everyone,

I was banned for 10years in 2006. Now that the ban has ended in 2016, I will like to apply for UK visit visa again with the hope of clearing my profile with UK embassy. Every advise and opinion will be appreciated. Thank you.

You have not included here your circumstances; the reason for the ban, the reason for the proposed trip to UK and what sort of ties you have to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2017
Tinybabs:
Hi everyone,

You can start out by tailoring your query to specify questions, communicating your personal circumstances and if your circumstances have changed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kayzuz: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hello All,

after receiving that email that my application is not straightforward, this is another mail I just received now. Please what do you guys think?

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application remains under consideration.

We have previously communicated our customer service target for non-settlement applications as 15 working days. Unfortunately, we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service target. We apologise for any inconvenience that this might cause.

We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible over the coming days.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ayotomi01(f): 6:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
How far with your visa now. Did you get it eventually?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by demashi: 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
Tinybabs:
Hi everyone,

Give it shot... I got a similar issue in 2006 due to a fake passport issued by the NIS. I applied in 2011 and got lucky. It's worth a try.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by demashi: 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2017
Got this earlier today as well.. I guess we are on the decision queue now

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for applying for a UK visa.

We wrote to you recently to explain that we have been unable to make a decision on your application within our normal timescale. Due to it being our busiest period, I am afraid we need longer to make a decision.

Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre until you have received written confirmation that a decision has been made on your application and that your passport is ready to be collected. Staff at the visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2017
demashi:

Dear Sir/Madam

We wrote to you recently to explain that we have been unable to make a decision on your application within our normal timescale. Due to it being our busiest period, I am afraid we need longer to make a decision.

Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre until you have received written confirmation that a decision has been made on your application and that your passport is ready to be collected. Staff at the visa

When did you apply?
Did you also get the message earlier that they won't be able to make a decision within their 15 working days target?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by 5hyguy: 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2017
bro i sent u a message
demashi:

Give it shot... I got a similar issue in 2006 due to a fake passport issued by the NIS. I applied in 2011 and got lucky. It's worth a try.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dayosaba: 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2017
Apparently my wife got this same message this afternoon. the annoying part is she applied alongside our son and our sons has been decided on 14th of august. Biometrics was done July 4
demashi:

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
dayosaba:
Apparently my wife got this same message this afternoon. the annoying part is she applied alongside our son and our sons has been decided on 14th of august. Biometrics was done July 4

Has your wife been refused a uk visa before?
Did she also get the email that says they won't be able to meet the 15 workings days target?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 7:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
My cousins who applied also got the same message you guys are talking about... Personally, I just feel the Eco handling certain applications went on a short holiday and he/she just got back to work today and decided to send that generic message. So no cause for alarm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 7:32pm On Aug 18, 2017
I received the same mail too. I hope they conclude speedily
demashi:

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dayosaba: 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2017
Yes she was once denied in 2015 and she never got a mail stating the 15 working days target.
TatPat:

Has your wife been refused a uk visa before?
Did she also get the email that says they won't be able to meet the 15 workings days target?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by demashi: 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2017
TatPat:

When did you apply?
Did you also get the message earlier that they won't be able to make a decision within their 15 working days target?
TatPat:

When did you apply?

Same day... July 4 for my mum and son. Got that message as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by demashi: 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2017
5hyguy:
bro i sent u a message

Can't see anything in my mail. Am a novice on this platform
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by 5hyguy: 9:43pm On Aug 18, 2017
ok check ur email and reply or check ur spambox pls
demashi:

Can't see anything in my mail. Am a novice on this platform
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wrongnumber: 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
I'm so confused and tired of this never ending waiting game.

Did biometrics since June 14th and no mail till date and my reference number shows not recognized anytine i check it . yet many people who submitted in July have gotten their passport.

I applied for a medical visa since June 14th and till date still not decided.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 9:16am On Aug 19, 2017
TLS contact website has been offline for maintenance. How will they contact people?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by moogee(f): 9:25am On Aug 19, 2017
Good day all, please I kindly want to know if TB test is necessary for general visitors visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 9:27am On Aug 19, 2017
moogee:
Good day all, please I kindly want to know if TB test is necessary for general visitors visa?
Nope. You only need TB test if you are staying more than 6months in the UK. Even if you get a 2years visiting visa you can't stay more than 6months at a stretch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by moogee(f): 9:33am On Aug 19, 2017
Nchabuomo:

Nope. You only need TB test if you are staying more than 6months in the UK. Even if you get a 2years visiting visa you can't stay more than 6months at a stretch.

Thank you, I really appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:08am On Aug 19, 2017
McGibson:
TLS contact website has been offline for maintenance. How will they contact people?

Site maintenance is usually temporary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lightdream: 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2017
Nchabuomo:
Timeline:
Thanks guy.
Congrats. I tap into it.hope say dem remember my app june 8

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2017
McGibson:

You know TLS website is back and running again

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.