Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526555 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 22, 2017
To my understanding u need to tell the VO your own economic condition in Nigeria by showing yr job payslip bank statemnt . marital status property in your name if you have any to connvince vo you won't overstay other gurus will put more light
Baywood:
Hello house. Thank you, justwise. I have been a guest reader for 2 years now. Today, I decided to register because I have a question to ask.

My question is - If someone in Nigeria, a brother is sponsoring his brother for visit to a friend in the UK, is it only the bank account statement of the sponsor that's needed or will the person being sponsored also submit his own bank account statement?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 6:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
lekibraky:
To my understanding u need to tell the VO your own economic condition in Nigeria by showing yr job payslip bank statemnt . marital status property in your name if you have any t city nvince d go you won't overstay other gurus will put more light

Job payslip and bank statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chaochao10: 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
Hello house.
please i need your input on this issue.I am currently on tier 2 visa .However, i got married in Nigeria few months back and i want my spouse to come and join me. We both have sufficient funds in our account in the last 90days. But i stay with a relative here in uk. my question is
will i need to include tenancy agreement with the application?
Do I need a cover letter?
can i apply for him with my own visa application page?
Which other documents will be included asides the bank statement and TB test?

Thanks for your help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
lekibraky:
Why come here to ask questions when they have already given you expo of what they want to give out the visa just follow it one by one give them more proofs and u will see them give it to you mind you the eco really wants to give this visa but needs more convincing evidence hence the reason you are given admin review
Okay. Thank you.
My question is that for the administrative review, will they give her the opportunity to submit more evidence? Seeing that visa applications are submitted at a collection centre (TLS)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 10:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
Good evening everyone in the house. I applied for Tier 5 Charity Worker visa and had my Biometrics and Oral interview on August 25, 2017. I once studied in the UK.
I submitted the following documents for my application:

1) Appointment Letter containing my certificate of sponsorship number.

2) Marriage Certificate with pictures.

3) Application form and my passport.

4) Sponsor note that was sent to me by my sponsor to indicate change of passport number on the UKVI website which indicated that my previous passport number was mistakenly used to generate the CoS but was corrected on UKVI website by my sponsor and I also wrote it in the additional information page on my application form.

But when I collected my package today I find the refusal letter with the following contents in my application. Justwise, Ekpotek, Blessedgeorgeus, Brightingsus and all other gurus in the house please come to my aid because I want to do the review. Justwise, Ekpotek, Brightingsus please respond as I need to send the administrative review. Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:59pm On Sep 22, 2017
Darla:
Good evening all. I hope our day's going well?
My sister has been refused her UK visa to join her husband who is a full-time pastor with one of the the big churches.
Please find attached the letter that came with the refusal.
She submitted everything they asked for.
Please I'd like some advice and pointers to what to do next. She applied in exactly 6weeks ago. With an "A-rated sponsor".
1. Her sponsor is her husband's employer(the church). There was a letter from them.
2. She submitted husband's documents(utility bills, rent agreement, his visa, etc.)
3. Marriage cert., pictures from registry, health surcharge...In short, the whole nine yards.

And they have concluded all the traditional and church wedding ceremonies last weekend.

So what do we do? She is devastated and I live in Europe. The least I could do is help her fire back.

Thank you.

cc justwise

Please have a look... You're the pro

From the refusal letter, the application was done shabbily... I would assume. The applicant failed to establish a binding relationship with the partner. Imagine, a call Log for 2 days. Haba!!! You need call Log of at least 3 months with no break in between. What type of visa was applied for anyway? List in full the documents submitted and we will guide you further. The applicant needs to apply for administrative review at once. But we need to see what you submitted to see what was missing.

First think about it, why should the ECO grant the applicant a visa to join the partner in UK? This is the question the ECO wanted the applicant to answer BY PROVIDING THE RIGHT DOCUMENTS. Bringing partner's utility bills etc means nothing if an applicant can't establish their relationship with their Uk partner. You say the applicant included marriage certificate and pix from registry. Those do not have establish a marriage. A wedding is different from marriage. Marriage is wedding, relationship, communication, etc. Also, concerning the sponsor, what is the main reason the sponsor was the partner's pastor?

Just the fact a call log covering 2 days was submitted says a lot on how the application was done.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:53am On Sep 23, 2017
Wait for our ogas
buddiemm:
Good evening everyone in the house. I applied for Tier 5 Charity Worker visa and had my Biometrics and Oral interview on August 25, 2017. I once studied in the UK.
I submitted the following documents for my application:

1) Appointment Letter containing my certificate of sponsorship number.

2) Marriage Certificate with pictures.

3) Application form and my passport.

4) Sponsor note that was sent to me by my sponsor to indicate change of passport number on the UKVI website which indicated that my previous passport number was mistakenly used to generate the CoS but was corrected on UKVI website by my sponsor and I also wrote it in the additional information page on my application form.

But when I collected my package today I find the refusal letter with the following contents in my application. Justwise, Ekpotek, Blessedgeorgeus, Brightingsus and all other gurus in the house please come to my aid because I want to do the review. Justwise, Ekpotek, Brightingsus please respond as I need to send the administrative review. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:57am On Sep 23, 2017
Darla:

Okay. Thank you.
My question is that for the administrative review, will they give her the opportunity to submit more evidence? Seeing that visa applications are submitted at a collection centre (TLS)
Yes because it is stated that you should not add new documents unless other wise stated and it was stated in your rejection letter that sime docs were missing you just have to convince them the lacking docs needs to be added but let those who have done admin review tell us more.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 23, 2017
Brightingsus:

From the refusal letter, the application was done shabbily... I would assume. The applicant failed to establish a binding relationship with the partner. Imagine, a call Log for 2 days. Haba!!! You need call Log of at least 3 months with no break in between. What type of visa was applied for anyway? List in full the documents submitted and we will guide you further. The applicant needs to apply for administrative review at once. But we need to see what you submitted to see what was missing.

First think about it, why should the ECO grant the applicant a visa to join the partner in UK? This is the question the ECO wanted the applicant to answer BY PROVIDING THE RIGHT DOCUMENTS. Bringing partner's utility bills etc means nothing if an applicant can't establish their relationship with their Uk partner. You say the applicant included marriage certificate and pix from registry. Those do not have establish a marriage. A wedding is different from marriage. Marriage is wedding, relationship, communication, etc. Also, concerning the sponsor, what is the main reason the sponsor was the partner's pastor?

Just the fact a call log covering 2 days was submitted says a lot on how the application was done.

Thank you for your reaction to this.
First and foremost I will post the list of submitted docs:
1. International Passport with husband's last name.
2. Marriage certificate from federal marriage registry in Abuja.
3. Pictures from registry wedding( all photocopied at TLS and originals returned to her)
4. Husband's passport bio-page with visa/leave to remain
5. Evidence of visa fees&Health surcharge fees.
6. Tuberculosis test result from IOM
7. Whatsapp and BBM chat history of about 4months(it was at least 100pages). She was skeptical about adding more since it wasn't originally requested for.
8. Other pictures they took together (he was in Nigeria twice to see her). - They had not done engagement/traditional marriage as at time of application. But that has been done now(this month)
9. Letter of sponsorship from husband's church(who is employer). Stating the husband's details as their employee, his wife details, etc. On letter-headed paper, stamped and signed. He's a full time pastor.
And the church is listed as "A-rated"
10. Husband's bills and rent agreement.
11. Birth certificates(husband & wife)
12. Print out of visa application form(since it was submitted online)
13. Passport photograph.

It is a tier-2 dependant visa she applied for. Because the husband has a tier-2 visa (Minister of Religion). Most or all of the pastors from what I gathered, this is the same type of visa their wives apply for.

P.S: call log wasn't two days AT ALL. There was more. She submitted application online on the 12th of August, Biometrics and all was on the 15th of August. They said it takes 15days maximum to get the visa but it took 5weeks. But they kept emailing her.

I'll ask her again if there's anything I omitted from this list.
Thank you

Their relationship not marriage began in 2015, they got married in July 2017 at the registry. And did the traditional marriage just 3weeks ago. He was around for about two months- work leave. This was also mentioned in her application (leave from work). And he was around with her to do her visa application.

I clearly understand that may be they wanted more proof (the entry and exit stamps on his passport wasn't attached).

And the chat and call history was at least 800pages, from November 2015. So maybe they should have added everything.

But my question now is, what can be done? This relationship is genuine. And they have been long distant, and now that they are married is an opportunity for them to finally be together. Her husband has been in the UK since 2013.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 23, 2017
lekibraky:

Yes because it is stated that you should not add new documents unless other wise stated and it was stated in your rejection letter that sime docs were missing you just have to convince them the lacking docs needs to be added but let those who have done admin review tell us more.
Their relationship began in 2015. He visited Nigeria in July 2015, then 2016 , then he was around for almost 2months in 2017 for their wedding preparations. Registry wedding was done July ending when he arrived Nigeria. So they could get on the visa application. They went to the application centre together. Then the traditional marriage rights and all with friends and family was done 3weeks ago.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 7:41am On Sep 23, 2017
Darla:

Thank you for your reaction to this.
First and foremost I will post the list of submitted docs:
1. International Passport with husband's last name.
2. Marriage certificate from federal marriage registry in Abuja.
3. Pictures from registry wedding( all photocopied at TLS and originals returned to her)
4. Husband's passport bio-page with visa/leave to remain
5. Evidence of visa fees&Health surcharge fees.
6. Tuberculosis test result from IOM
7. Whatsapp and BBM chat history of about 4months(it was at least 100pages). She was skeptical about adding more since it wasn't originally requested for.
8. Other pictures they took together (he was in Nigeria twice to see her). - They had not done engagement/traditional marriage as at time of application. But that has been done now(this month)
9. Letter of sponsorship from husband's church(who is employer). Stating the husband's details as their employee, his wife details, etc. On letter-headed paper, stamped and signed. He's a full time pastor.
And the church is listed as "A-rated"
10. Husband's bills and rent agreement.
11. Birth certificates(husband & wife)
12. Print out of visa application form(since it was submitted online)
13. Passport photograph.

It is a tier-2 dependant visa she applied for. Because the husband has a tier-2 visa (Minister of Religion). Most or all of the pastors from what I gathered, this is the same type of visa their wives apply for.

P.S: call log wasn't two days AT ALL. There was more. She submitted application online on the 12th of August, Biometrics and all was on the 15th of August. They said it takes 15days maximum to get the visa but it took 5weeks. But they kept emailing her.

I'll ask her again if there's anything I omitted from this list.
Thank you

Their relationship not marriage began in 2015, they got married in July 2017 at the registry. And did the traditional marriage just 3weeks ago. He was around for about two months- work leave. This was also mentioned in her application (leave from work). And he was around with her to do her visa application.

I clearly understand that may be they wanted more proof (the entry and exit stamps on his passport wasn't attached).

And the chat and call history was at least 800pages, from November 2015. So maybe they should have added everything.

But my question now is, what can be done? This relationship is genuine. And they have been long distant, and now that they are married is an opportunity for them to finally be together. Her husband has been in the UK since 2013.

Hmmm, this list, if accurate, does not warrant the type of refusal the applicant got, this is the reason I always encourage people to mark in asterisks (*) all lines in their documents relating to them in particular, like phone calls between applicant and sponsor, etc...

Would I say it's oversight on the part of the clearance officer Emphatically NO. The applicant failed to establish the basic elements of the application. This is not a visit visa but a dependant visa. If visit, these things would not have been so looked into. The onus was on the applicant to establish how she met with the husband.

The sponsor has been in the UK since 2015 and met the wife the same 2015. WHERE AND HOW; INTERNET, ONLINE CHURCH CONFERENCE, OR AT ONE OF THE VISITS TO NIGERIA? That's where the doubt creeped into the mind of the ECO. Also, not having Entry and Exit stamps on sponsor's passport was a killer. That is a way to say a relationship is solidified when parties, who live separately, meet face to face.

Providing marriage certificate, like I said previously, is crippled if alone. Even when we go for work interviews, they ask you to give a background of yourself. This background the applicant failed to give. It seemed like it was just mentioned in the application that applicant and sponsor met in 2015. Got married in registry in Abuja with marriage certificate and pics from the event. This is shabby. But let me not assume... The applicant would have done well by mentioning how they met.... for eg, the applicant (or sponsor) could say they met the partner in ****** town in Nigeria on ** day of **** 2015 during one of the sponsor's visits to Nigeria to specifically see the wife to be. Then make sure that the date coincides with when they were actually in Nigeria. If they ever travelled locally together then an itinerary ticket showing both their names, maybe flying across states in Nigeria.

Also, the applicant could have included money remittance receipts, as they show in her bank statements, of the periods the sponsor sent her money.

I may not know how the administrative review is done, but I am giving you what should have been included. Make enquiries to find out if more documents can be included in the review, then you should be fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 23, 2017
Brightingsus:

Hmmm, this list, if accurate, does not warrant the type of refusal the applicant got, this is the reason I always encourage people to mark in asterisks (*) all lines in their documents relating to them in particular, like phone calls between applicant and sponsor, etc...

Would I say it's oversight on the part of the clearance officer Emphatically NO. The applicant failed to establish the basic elements of the application. This is not a visit visa but a dependant visa. If visit, these things would not have been so looked into. The onus was on the applicant to establish how she met with the husband.

The sponsor has been in the UK since 2015 and met the wife the same 2015. WHERE AND HOW; INTERNET, ONLINE CHURCH CONFERENCE, OR AT ONE OF THE VISITS TO NIGERIA? That's where the doubt creeped into the mind of the ECO. Also, not having Entry and Exit stamps on sponsor's passport was a killer. That is a way to say a relationship is solidified when parties, who live separately, meet face to face.

Providing marriage certificate, like I said previously, is crippled if alone. Even when we go for work interviews, they ask you to give a background of yourself. This background the applicant failed to give. It seemed like it was just mentioned in the application that applicant and sponsor met in 2015. Got married in registry in Abuja with marriage certificate and pics from the event. This is shabby. But let me not assume... The applicant would have done well by mentioning how they met.... for eg, the applicant (or sponsor) could say they met the partner in ****** town in Nigeria on ** day of **** 2015 during one of the sponsor's visits to Nigeria to specifically see the wife to be. Then make sure that the date coincides with when they were actually in Nigeria. If they ever travelled locally together then an itinerary ticket showing both their names, maybe flying across states in Nigeria.

Also, the applicant could have included money remittance receipts, as they show in her bank statements, of the periods the sponsor sent her money.

I may not know how the administrative review is done, but I am giving you what should have been included. Make enquiries to find out if more documents can be included in the review, then you should be fine.

Thank you, this is helpful.
The husband has been in d UK since 2013, his visa was extended in 2015 for another 3yrs. That's until late 2018.
Why are they saying he is sponsor when the church is sponsor?
It is well. I'll ask her to find out what and what is required for review.
Thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 9:19am On Sep 23, 2017
Darla:

Thank you, this is helpful.
The husband has been in d UK since 2013, his visa was extended in 2015 for another 3yrs. That's until late 2018.
Why are they saying he is sponsor when the church is sponsor?
It is well. I'll ask her to find out what and what is required for review.
Thank you so much.

I asked u a question previously, why is church (or pastor) the sponsor

Is she gonna live in church Is church to provide the financial commitments towards the visa?

The church can't be the sponsor. What are they sponsoring really?

The UK partner/husband to whom she's going to the Uk to live with is naturally regarded as the sponsor. This is not like a political party where there are godfathers who sponsor candidates. The applicant submitted the husband's documents including employment details and living, this naturally makes him the sponsor. It could be because of church involvement and pastoral tie that the applicant's husband is in the Uk, but the husband is the sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Uglyduckling: 10:19am On Sep 23, 2017
Brightingsus:

Is she gonna live in church Is church to provide the financial commitments towards the visa?

The UK partner/husband to whom she's going to the Uk to live with is naturally regarded as the sponsor. This is not like a political party where there are godfathers who sponsor candidates. The applicant submitted the husband's documents including employment details and living, this naturally makes him the sponsor. It could be because of church involvement and pastoral tie that the applicant's husband is in the Uk, but the husband is the sponsor.

Exactly. If the church is the sponsor then she needs a certificate of sponsorship for her own stand alone visa and not a dependent visa. Seems the application was made with lots of conflicting information hence the ECO decision to doubt its genuineness
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:07am On Sep 23, 2017
Uglyduckling:

Exactly. If the church is the sponsor then she needs a certificate of sponsorship for her own stand alone visa and not a dependent visa. Seems the application was made with lots of conflicting information hence the ECO decision to doubt its genuineness

I am not too conversant with spouse/dependent visa. However, the church cannot be the sponsor in this case. Its the husband that is sponsoring. A cover letter from the church does not amount to a sponsorship. Otherwise it will be a work visa and not dependent visa. Having said that, the ECO is kind and the applicant is lucky to be giving the opporrunity for AR. The applicant should just address the issues raised and it will be fine. The click is the traditional and church wedding which was done while still waiting for visa outcome. This is a strong proof of relationship. Just my thoughts. Alternatively, the applicant can reapply and address the issues.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
Brightingsus:

Good day, the answer to your question is YES.
The requirement states that a letter from an A-rated sponsor will suffice if the partner is in their employment (in this case, her husband). That's why that wasn't even mentioned as an issue in the refusal.
And all these docs were provided and details of it also mentioned in her 2-paged letter of sponsorship.
And yes, they(the church) are also the ones who paid for visa and all, and who will also pay her flight ticket to d UK when granted visa. It is the way they've done it for years for spouses of their pastors who aren't resident in the UK.

The UK church is talking about getting the opinion of some immigration lawyers and if she can go ahead and do the review, it will be filled from there, which takes 14days.

The alternative will be to do a fresh application.

I think the major issue was the fact that their proof of relationship wasn't convincing enough.
They didn't have any issues with the sponsor part.

Thank you smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pzone: 12:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
ekpotek:

I am not too conversant with spouse/dependent visa. However, the church cannot be the sponsor in this case. Its the husband that is sponsoring. A cover letter from the church does not amount to a sponsorship. Otherwise it will be a work visa and not dependent visa. Having said that, the ECO is kind and the applicant is lucky to be giving the opporrunity for AR. The applicant should just address the issues raised and it will be fine. The click is the traditional and church wedding which was done while still waiting for visa outcome. This is a strong proof of relationship. Just my thoughts. Alternatively, the applicant can reapply and address the issues.
Since the husband is on Tier 2 visa sponsored by the church, she would be applying for a Tier 2 dependent visa and attaching husband's Certificate of Sponsorship issued by the church.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 23, 2017
ekpotek:

Thank you. These will be mentioned and proven in the Administrative review. Thanks for your comment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
Pzone:
Since the husband is on Tier 2 visa sponsored by the church, she would be applying for a Tier 2 dependent visa and attaching husband's Certificate of Sponsorship issued by the church.
Exactly! This was what was stated in the requirements list. and this letter too was provided.
But this wasn't an issue.
The issue they had was that they're not convince d enough about their relationship.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2017
Darla:

Good day, the answer to your question is YES.
The requirement states that a letter from an A-rated sponsor will suffice if the partner is in their employment (in this case, her husband). That's why that wasn't even mentioned as an issue in the refusal.
And all these docs were provided and details of it also mentioned in her 2-paged letter of sponsorship.
And yes, they(the church) are also the ones who paid for visa and all, and who will also pay her flight ticket to d UK when granted visa. It is the way they've done it for years for spouses of their pastors who aren't resident in the UK.

The UK church is talking about getting the opinion of some immigration lawyers and if she can go ahead and do the review, it will be filled from there, which takes 14days.

The alternative will be to do a fresh application.

I think the major issue was the fact that their proof of relationship wasn't convincing enough.
They didn't have any issues with the sponsor part.

Thank you smiley

Yes, you are right. The church paying or being significant in the application is not the issue. I never said it was. I was answering you as you wondered why they reckoned the applicant's husband to be the sponsor. The church might be an A rated sponsor, however, for a spouse or dependant visa, the Partner is the sponsor; not sponsoring the trip but sponsoring the applicant's livelihood whilst in the UK.

The proof of relationship was not convincing, like you said.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2017
Brightingsus:

Yes, you are right. The church paying or being significant in the application is not the issue. I never said it was. I was answering you as you wondered why they reckoned the applicant's husband to be the sponsor. The church might be an A rated sponsor, however, for a spouse or dependant visa, the Partner is the sponsor; not spnsoring the trip but sponsoring the applicant's livelihood whilst in the UK.

The proof of relationship was. Or convincing, like you said.
This is understood.
Thank you for your help smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nikkyshyne(f): 12:53pm On Sep 23, 2017
Brightingsus:

The applicant failed to establish a binding relationship with the partner. Imagine, a call Log for 2 days. Haba!!! You need call Log of at least 3 months with no break in between.... .
Hi. May I ask... If a boyfriend is inviting a gf over, must call logs be provided? or any other form of proofs? If there are no call logs, what are the chances? Thank you.

Visiting visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:12pm On Sep 23, 2017
nikkyshyne:
Hi. May I ask... If a boyfriend is inviting a gf over, must call logs be provided? or any other form of proofs? If there are no call logs, what are the chances? Thank you.

Visiting visa.

There is no law that says call logs must be there. But if you do not have call logs then your chances of getting a visit visa are very slim. There is no binding relationship here. The relationship is by word of mouth. "Be my girlfriend and I will be your boyfriend"...

It is very hard for a girlfriend to get a visit visa to go visit the boyfriend in the UK, or vice versa, in today's real world. That does not mean visa is automatically refused, but the ECO will be very stringent. So call logs can boost your chances. Even at that, it will be difficult.

Nevertheless, to stand a chance the applicant MUST HAVE VERY STRONG TIES TO NIGERIA. The applicant must have a very good job and should be in a position to pay for the whole trip, not hinging the application on the boyfriend being their sponsor. Being financially stable in your home country is key in this situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nikkyshyne(f): 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
Thanks a lot @brightingsus.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:21pm On Sep 23, 2017
nikkyshyne:
Thanks a lot @brightingsus.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Uglyduckling: 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
Darla:

This is understood.
Thank you for your help smiley
First I will advice that an administrative review will take a much more longer time than a fresh application. If you can afford it kindly put in a fresh application. I applied for a dependant visa recently and these were the documents I used.

Marriage certificate
Pictures from various times in our relationship not only the wedding.
Letters from both families acknowledging the marriage was real.
Whatsapp and BBM conversations. I agree printing all over time can be very voluminous. What we did was printing several pages from each month just to prove we have been in communication over time and not the full chat.
Letter of introduction from his sponsor.
His certificate of sponsorship
TB test results
His utility bill and tenancy agreement to show accomodation was available.

PS: to address the previous errors or omissions in the first application you may write a cover letter detailing how you met, when, how you guys have kept in touch and all the visits in that time.

I hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Melonne: 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
wrongnumber:
Thanks to you all.

Standard visitors visa

Biometrics 14th June

Decision made and ready for collection 20th of September(After 64 working days)

Visa granted.

This was the same as my application, i received my visa on the 19th sept .I applied at VI, biometrics on the same day as yours. I did however have to call several times for escalation.

I last called on Sept 18th early morning and was told it had not been decided and it will be escalated. On the 19th Sept i received the email saying my application has been decided, a few hours later another email from tls saying passport is available. I was granted the visa.

I applied all the pointers I learned from this thread. Last time I used an agent who messed me up. This time I filled out the application myself.

Application details and documents:

employment letter
contracts with clients for my side businesses (I have 2)
very detailed cover letter explaining previous refusal, deposits, marital info, side job, travel itinerary and break down of cost for the trip
bank statements and fixed deposit certificate (my wife and i)
wifes passport data page (from a country that has uk visa waiver)
letters from siblings to show ties to nigeria
pics from my wedding
home property document
copies of household bills/receipt - water, internet, electricity

thanks to all the contributors.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Webmank: 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
wrongnumber:
Thanks to you all.

Standard visitors visa

Biometrics 14th June

Decision made and ready for collection 20th of September(After 64 working days)

Visa granted.

wow congrats,I tap into it...mine is since 22nd of June.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Webmank: 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2017
Melonne:

This was the same as my application, i received my visa on the 19th sept .I applied at VI, biometrics on the same day as yours. I did however have to call several times for escalation.

I last called on Sept 18th early morning and was told it had not been decided and it will be escalated. On the 19th Sept i received the email saying my application has been decided, a few hours later another email from tls saying passport is available. I was granted the visa.

I applied all the pointers I learned from this thread. Last time I used an agent who messed me up. This time I filled out the application myself.

Application details and documents:

employment letter
contracts with clients for my side businesses (I have 2)
very detailed cover letter explaining previous refusal, deposits, marital info, side job, travel itinerary and break down of cost for the trip
bank statements and fixed deposit certificate (my wife and i)
wifes passport data page (from a country that has uk visa waiver)
letters from siblings to show ties to nigeria
pics from my wedding
home property document
copies of household bills/receipt - water, internet, electricity

thanks to all the contributors.

pls i did my biometric at ikeja on 22nd June {visit visa}am to attend a wedding anniversary on 4th Aug as d father of the bride.my sis called home office on 26th jul for escalation called again 1st Aug even 3rd Aug same story waiting decision,even till now...and i tried calling myself but always call drop maybe gtb naira is not acceptable nio.reading ur story gives me host but my question is which no did u called or email address,maybe i should contact them myself.
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelpoint: 7:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
chaochao10:
Hello house.
please i need your input on this issue.I am currently on tier 2 visa .However, i got married in Nigeria few months back and i want my spouse to come and join me. We both have sufficient funds in our account in the last 90days. But i stay with a relative here in uk. my question is
will i need to include tenancy agreement with the application?
Do I need a cover letter?
can i apply for him with my own visa application page?
Which other documents will be included asides the bank statement and TB test?

Thanks for your help
If I were you I will get my own apartment first.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
Uglyduckling:

First I will advice that an administrative review will take a much more longer time than a fresh application. If you can afford it kindly put in a fresh application. I applied for a dependant visa recently and these were the documents I used.

Marriage certificate
Pictures from various times in our relationship not only the wedding.
Letters from both families acknowledging the marriage was real.
Whatsapp and BBM conversations. I agree printing all over time can be very voluminous. What we did was printing several pages from each month just to prove we have been in communication over time and not the full chat.
Letter of introduction from his sponsor.
His certificate of sponsorship
TB test results
His utility bill and tenancy agreement to show accomodation was available.

PS: to address the previous errors or omissions in the first application you may write a cover letter detailing how you met, when, how you guys have kept in touch and all the visits in that time.

I hope this helps.
Oh! Thank you so much for this info.
I think they've decided on filing a fresh application.
How long did it take to make a decision on yours?
Regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2017
Hello house....thanks to all the advice and responses to people's questions. God bless. Please I need to clarify something....is visa4uk.fco.gov.UK no longer the website for online application? Please I need responses if am on the right track or won't they accept application from this site again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.