Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529174 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by imconfused(f): 7:16pm On Nov 17, 2017
justwise:

Congrat!
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jaydee11: 10:07pm On Nov 17, 2017
Hello everyone, is a certified true copy of my marriage certificate enough for my tier 2 visa application? I have a date of birth error on my marriage certificate which I want to correct at the Ikoyi registry but I was told that I will be issued a certified true copy of the marriage certificate. Do I have to submit both the original marriage certificate and the certified true copy of the certificate to the HO? If I submit only the certified true copy without explanation what are my chances of getting the visa? I am applying with my family.
Please advice me on what to do.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baker77: 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2017
Elly91:

UK never issues visa for a passport that expires under 6 months, you would need to renew your passport to apply and avoid being rejected or just take your chances.
please ma what are the requirements for working permit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Elly91(f): 1:45am On Nov 18, 2017
Wooriloo:
Hello house I'm new here .Pls I applied for uk visiting visa for myself and the kids but I've been sent a mail for just one of the kids that a decision has been made and not quite long a mail was sent that his passport is ready for collection but myself and the other two kids haven't gotten any decision yet

yours should be out by now or latest monday. Same thing happened to my parents whom I applied for, as my mum's own came out first and my dad and brother's own only came out today and it was already late so they have to wait till monday too (even though it is a family visa). I was even surprised to see that the decision was made since the 10th of Nov, meaning it took them only 10 days (standard visa). Am really impressed.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Elly91(f): 1:50am On Nov 18, 2017
Baker77:
please ma what are the requirements for working permit?

What kind of work permit are you referring to?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oyewilliams(m): 3:38am On Nov 18, 2017
Hello, please how do i print my appointment confirmation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:03am On Nov 18, 2017
Stella02:
Good morning,

I need your advises. My cousin has invited me to the UK. He is a British citizen and i would be staying in their house for christmas and new year. His parents are the ones taking care of the flight ticket and other expenses.On the website, am i to pick tourist visa or family visa? i am going alone. I have never been to UK but i have gone to dubai,SA and Ghana severally. traveled 6 times this year going on the 7 th trip next week

Thank you.

Stella02:

N188,000 after tax and pension but i sell hairs at the side and get some money also monthly.

Pick tourist as cousin is not regarded as family member visa wise though standard visa covers all sub-visa categories including family visa.

Are they sending you documents to support your application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:07am On Nov 18, 2017
ojoduoludare:
Good afternoon house,, my question is, is it possible for a friend how base in uk (that has even invited his mum,broda,and broda son to stay with him forever) to invited another friend to stay with him forever? if yes what document do we need from him in uk and the friend in nigeria thanks for your great respond

Not possible legally and i doubt he invited his mum, brother and son to live with him forever legally, they probably overstayed their visiting visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baker77: 7:10am On Nov 18, 2017
Elly91:

What kind of work permit are you referring to?
to live and work in the UK as a skilled Labour.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:16am On Nov 18, 2017
teeewai:
Hi Guys,

Can anyone assist to review this refusal letter for my mum, She applied on the 1st of Nov and picked up today

1.) She provided a GT savings acct which has a balance of abt 200k which I sent to her in July. She mistakenly missed a cover letter explaining I transferred this to her.
2.) And also a Zenith Bank where she receives her monthly pension (73k), This was was stated as her monthly income in the application, the only unexplained remit in the account is about N1,435 which she paid in herself before printing her statement (wondered why she did that though).

So my Questions are
- is it advisable to apply asap (this coming week) with a cover letter explaining the above transactions, also with a transaction statement from me showing I transferred 200k in July?

- Does she need a new set of docs, her bank statement and my bank statements as the sponsor?

- Does she need a new invitation letter from me as we stated in her application she'll depart Nigeria Nov 18. I actually invited her over to celebrate her 65th Birthday with my family nextweek.

Doing that is important and you also need to supply financial documents to support money in her account and not just explanation alone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by reflx(m): 7:32am On Nov 18, 2017
Elly91:

yours should be out by now or latest monday. Same thing happened to my parents whom I applied for, as my mum's own came out first and my dad and brother's own only came out today and it was already late so they have to wait till monday too (even though it is a family visa). I was even surprised to see that the decision was made since the 10th of Nov, meaning it took them only 10 days (standard visa). Am really impressed.

Goodluck
Hello similar for me...mine and my sons own has been sent by courier yet to collect it. But no decision for my wife and daughter on tls...
How long was the interval between yours?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by teeewai(m): 9:34am On Nov 18, 2017
justwise:

Doing that is important and you also need to supply financial documents to support money in her account and not just explanation alone.

Thanks fof the response Justwise, Can we re apply with just one bank statement and not 2 bank statements used in the refused application. Reason is I just scanned through her gtb statement where there were some deposits/withdrawals from local contributions...not sure how that can be explained and also some random financial gifts

Does she need a new set of docs, her bank statement and my bank statements as the sponsor?

- Does she need a new invitation letter from me as we stated in her application she'll depart Nigeria Nov 18. I actually invited her over to celebrate her 65th Birthday with my family nextweek.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 18, 2017
Thank you sir.
justwise:

Congratulations!

I'm happy for her
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2017
reflx:

Hello similar for me...mine and my sons own has been sent by courier yet to collect it. But no decision for my wife and daughter on tls...
Same happened when my dad and I applied together. He got his decision mail two days after I got my passport back

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2017
teeewai:

Thanks fof the response Justwise, Can we re apply with just one bank statement and not 2 bank statements used in the refused application. Reason is I just scanned through her gtb statement where there were some deposits/withdrawals from local contributions...not sure how that can be explained and also some random financial gifts

Does she need a new set of docs, her bank statement and my bank statements as the sponsor?

You don't have to drop the other bank statement, you just have to explain those deposit and withdrawals if they are just small amounts.

If those bank statements are older than one month then there is nothing wrong with printing a new one to submit.

Yes you need to send her an IV which will explain the reason(s) for inviting her
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blza: 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2017
teeewai:
Hi Guys,

Can anyone assist to review this refusal letter for my mum, She applied on the 1st of Nov and picked up today

1.) She provided a GT savings acct which has a balance of abt 200k which I sent to her in July. She mistakenly missed a cover letter explaining I transferred this to her.
2.) And also a Zenith Bank where she receives her monthly pension (73k), This was was stated as her monthly income in the application, the only unexplained remit in the account is about N1,435 which she paid in herself before printing her statement (wondered why she did that though).

So my Questions are
- is it advisable to apply asap (this coming week) with a cover letter explaining the above transactions, also with a transaction statement from me showing I transferred 200k in July?

- Does she need a new set of docs, her bank statement and my bank statements as the sponsor?

Sorry for your refusal. This is a clear case of a refusal that could have been avoided should unnecessary documents not have been submitted. I know a lot of people on this forum promote submission of irrelevant documents all in the name of showing ties or submitting an air tight application. Forgetting you are also exposing the application to further scrutiny.

I don’t understand why a working and financial stable UK resident Who is inviting and fully sponsoring a retired immediate parent to the UK should be submitting bank statements of the parent.

If the child resident in the UK is the sole sponsor covering all expenses including accommodation. The onus is on the UK sponsor to provide evidence of sufficient funds for this trip( bank statements &payslip/bank statement with salary entries). A utility bill for proof of address & then an invitation letter. The add sponsorship undertaking (SU07) if you do fancy , big I think it’s necessary. It’s that simple. anysupporting doc around purpose of visit can be included

The only doc the retired parent should submit is pension authority. This single doc contains all the relevant details including the pension amount.

Well in your case. You need to resubmit all docs that was included in the last application that was denied. Then add cover letter for clarifications . If your latest bank statement is over 28 days old, add a recent one. I will redo the invitation letter and address some concerns on there if need be.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Elly91(f): 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2017
reflx:

Just a day or two.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Elly91(f): 9:46pm On Nov 18, 2017
blza:

Sorry for your refusal. This is a clear case of a refusal that could have been avoided should unnecessary documents not have been submitted. I know a lot of people on this forum promote submission of irrelevant documents all in the name of showing ties or submitting an air tight application. Forgetting you are also exposing the application to further scrutiny.

I don’t understand why a working and financial stable UK resident Who is inviting and fully sponsoring a retired immediate parent to the UK should be submitting bank statements of the parent.

If the child resident in the UK is the sole sponsor covering all expenses including accommodation. The onus is on the UK sponsor to provide evidence of sufficient funds for this trip( bank statements &payslip/bank statement with salary entries). A utility bill for proof of address & then an invitation letter. The add sponsorship undertaking (SU07) if you do fancy , big I think it’s necessary. It’s that simple. anysupporting doc around purpose of visit can be included

The only doc the retired parent should submit is pension authority. This single doc contains all the relevant details including the pension amount.

Well in your case. You need to resubmit all docs that was included in the last application that was denied. Then add cover letter for clarifications . If your latest bank statement is over 28 days old, add a recent one. I will redo the invitation letter and address some concerns on there if need be.

All the best.
This is so correct. You shouldn't have included your mum's statement at all as you could have claimed full sponsorship and tendered yours instead. Anyway the deed has been done, as my mum also is a retiree and pensioner and her trip was fully sponsored and the only documents required were invitation letter, her previous job contract and international passport.

Goodluck with the re-application and pray you come out successful. But please do ask questions next time to avoid such in the future. UK visa is actually easy to apply for and get, people just complicate things for themselves.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Stella02(f): 7:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
justwise:

Pick tourist as cousin is not regarded as family member visa wise though standard visa covers all sub-visa categories including family visa.

Are they sending you documents to support your application?

Yes they are sending the documents. I have his British passport data page and a letter he sent. The Dad also sent his Naira bank statements to me. Is it ok if I ask for your number?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bakeuhappy: 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
Alpha77:

It is a form and not online post for everyone to see but may be printed in the daily newspaper. Just click the link and read then u will understand It better.

Hello Alpha .hope u r OK. How far with your visa? Was it positive?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PreciousGemRubb: 10:58pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hello house, I am filling the form for my dad and I need clarifications with the following:
1. I said cost of visit is £1500. Do you think that's enough (visitor visa) Visiting for 17days. I also said I am fully sponsoring the trip with £1500.
2. I started he spends N60,000 monthly and I will explain that the money is partly from me and my mum as he is retired. (No pension yet)
3. Asking for dependant who depend on him financially and I said No but explained in the additional info box that he has children but doesn't help financially as he is retired. Is it Ok?
4. Is it compulsory to put my dad's parents details. No one knows their birthday (they are late)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Alpha77: 2:36am On Nov 20, 2017
Hi Bakeuhappy,
It was my wife's visa application. Yes she got the EEA Family Permit on the 30th Oct and she's already with me here in London.
God win

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2017
I have been applying for UK visa using certified true copy of my marriage cert.....Though Tourist visa and i have never been denied.
Jaydee11:
Hello everyone, is a certified true copy of my marriage certificate enough for my tier 2 visa application? I have a date of birth error on my marriage certificate which I want to correct at the Ikoyi registry but I was told that I will be issued a certified true copy of the marriage certificate. Do I have to submit both the original marriage certificate and the certified true copy of the certificate to the HO? If I submit only the certified true copy without explanation what are my chances of getting the visa? I am applying with my family.
Please advice me on what to do.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uche13: 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
My story,

I came here for counsel when I needed to apply for my two year visa and I think it's appropriate to give feedback.

Biometrics was done on the 3rd of November and received the mail to pick up on Friday the 17th of November. I did the normal route.

Shortly after I got the mail to pick up, I checked this page and saw a comment that visas are never issued to passport with less than six months validity. My heart sank because I never heard of that law and my passport is expiring on February, 2018.

The weekend was full of so much thoughts and worries. To think I had to wait the whole weekend was in itself torture.

I picked up today and I was issued the visa. I thank God for favour because several other people offline confirmed the passport rule.

Thank you all and especially to those who painstakingly answer questions here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
uche13:
My story,

I came here for counsel when I needed to apply for my two year visa and I think it's appropriate to give feedback.

Biometrics was done on the 3rd of November and received the mail to pick up on Friday the 17th of November. I did the normal route.

Shortly after I got the mail to pick up, I checked this page and saw a comment that visas are never issued to passport with less than six months validity. My heart sank because I never heard of that law and my passport is expiring on February, 2018.

The weekend was full of so much thoughts and worries. To think I had to wait the whole weekend was in itself torture.

I picked up today and I was issued the visa. I thank God for favour because several other people offline confirmed the passport rule.

Thank you all and especially to those who painstakingly answer questions here.

Congratulations!! The 6 months passport rule is TRUE. Yours is an exception maybe because you applied for 2 years visit visa. If it was a 6 months visa application maybe the outcome would have been different.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
PreciousGemRubb:
Hello house, I am filling the form for my dad and I need clarifications with the following:
1. I said cost of visit is £1500. Do you think that's enough (visitor visa) Visiting for 17days. I also said I am fully sponsoring the trip with £1500.
2. I started he spends N60,000 monthly and I will explain that the money is partly from me and my mum as he is retired. (No pension yet)
3. Asking for dependant who depend on him financially and I said No but explained in the additional info box that he has children but doesn't help financially as he is retired. Is it Ok?
4. Is it compulsory to put my dad's parents details. No one knows their birthday (they are late)

1)Yes, 1500pounds is okay as he will be staying with you and you will cater for his living expenses
2) yes, so far you can prove on his bank statement that he actually gets that 60k monthly, you are good to go
3) It is okay as you explained that he has children but none dependent on him.
4)My dad doesn't know his parent's date of birth but we have been using a particular DOB for both parents in all his applications so far and no issues have come up.
So far, you are on the right track
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oghoghobrown: 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2017
Hello everyone hope you guys are having a wonderful time. Please I really need your help on this a friend of mine is sending me an invitation letter to St. Katt and Naves the problem is that there is no direct flight I have to have a U.K. Transit visa in other for my flight to be cheap. Please is there any person here in the forum with same experience or can someone please advice me on document require for a U.K. Transit visa. Is urgent and I need your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 5:18pm On Nov 20, 2017
The gurus, please I was just introduced to this forum. I have been to UK before on 6months visa. I stayed 14 days there and returned before the visa expired. Now I want to apply for 2yrs for tourism again. O earn 518pounds monthly. I am filling the form now. Please help me review for any correction. Attached is the screenshot.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 5:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
Ijeshalomo:
The gurus, please I was just introduced to this forum. I have been to UK before on 6months visa. I stayed 14 days there and returned before the visa expired. Now I want to apply for 2yrs for tourism again. O earn 518pounds monthly. I am filling the form now. Please help me review for any correction. Attached is the screenshot.

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP?

The total amount you have for this trip.

Please advise on these 2 questions. They look similar and confusing. Must it be thesame amount awarded to them?

Cc justwise

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.