Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528933 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ladylco: 12:52am On Nov 11, 2017
hpmrentals:

Hmmm am a bit sceptical. Submitted on 25th of Oct. for two years visa and was received collection and decision email today. Pls Is that a sign of refusals or what?

You will know when you collect your passport. I know people whose applications were processed within 48 hours without using even priority service and they got the visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by femorra(m): 6:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
hello all, my friend needs some advice.
he's got a good friend in the UK who wants to get married, the friend's father is rich and willing to sponsor my friend to the UK for the wedding.
my friend earns about 100k monthly in Naija
he's asking how to fill his form and not make mistakes especially as it concerns income, friends & family in the UK etc please advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 13, 2017
hpmrentals:

Hmmm am a bit sceptical. Submitted on 25th of Oct. for two years visa and was received collection and decision email today. Pls Is that a sign of refusals or what?

@hpmrentals, Please where did you do your Biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ggetter50: 1:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello Fam,

Please , what is the minimum duration that you must apply for a visiting visa before your intended traveling date?

I only have 16days in between my application date and intended traveling date, please can I proceed with this?

@Justwise and others
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missoredipe(f): 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
90sretrogirl:
Please who knows where one can get cheap flights to Birmingham? Travel agencies or online travel sites. Thanks

travelstart.ng - turkish airline
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hpmrentals: 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2017
Purplebae:

@hpmrentals, Please where did you do your Biometrics?
Abuja. Submitted in 25th Oct, received collection notice on 10th November. Collected on 13th November. 2 years visa issued on 9th Novemeber 2017.
Glory to God and thank u all

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
missoredipe:

travelstart.ng - turkish airline
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2017
hpmrentals:

Abuja. Submitted in 25th Oct, received collection notice on 10th November. Collected on 13th November. 2 years visa issued on 9th Novemeber 2017.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
hpmrentals:

were did you pay your pay fee and how much?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hpmrentals: 7:20pm On Nov 13, 2017
smithsydny:
were did you pay your pay fee and how much?
Went on Premium Lounche 200k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jayadia: 7:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
Good day

Please i need advice..i want to apply for a 2yrs visitor visa to travel in december.

i am currently an intern and have been an intern since may 2016 and i earn 112,500 monthly..

my mum lives in the uk and is sponsoring my entire trip
i plan to include her payslips and her nigerian account bank statement as well as her mortgage papers.
i have indicated that she will be paying £1200 towards my trip, her nigerian account has a balance of 900,000 naira.. will that be okay
also do i need to include my bank statement for proof that i am currently employed, even if the money is not substantial?
the company were i intern for will provide me a letter to say i currently work with them, is that a strong enough tie?
kindly advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2017
hpmrentals:
Went on Premium Lounche 200k
woo. Can I pm u?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 14, 2017
Please how do we pay visa fee?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by arin123: 10:01am On Nov 14, 2017
will need to process my uk visa .
1. i have a travel history to India
2.i earn 120k monthly
3.my daughter passport is virgin
4.am not married but can get a consent or am i to process as married kindly advice
5. my uncle is sending me an invite and in care of accommodation feeding and even ticket.
6.then am also considering USA visa so am thinking do i do the USA visa first before uk
just advice as regards my options
cause i was told its better to take Yankee visa before UK but best i get Ur advice directly
i can get letters from my company as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shugachris: 11:38am On Nov 14, 2017
Good day house, I just picked up my passport and I got ban for 10yrs due to my document. My question is can I apply for Indonesia and how do I lift this ban. 10yrs is far coz the document they call fake is not fake.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tapinco2017: 12:15pm On Nov 14, 2017
It's an awesome experience talking to you guru's here. Your advice was top notch and I followed it to the core. Am happy i was given a UK visa finally. My processing time was just 10days on standard. Thank you... Thank you. I really appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Veacon: 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2017
Please Justwise and other able nairalanders, I need a response. Thanks

Veacon:
Hello Justwise and other knowledgeable nairalanders on Visa matters.
Please I need your advice on the following questions bothering on Visitor visa application. I'm not completely a novice on visa matters though, as my masters degree was in UK.

A friend of mine is inviting me on a two weeks visit to the UK, all expense paid. My friend works in the UK and earns well so is capable of sponsoring my trip. However, I have the following questions:

1. Will it be ok with the ECO for my friend to sponsor the entire trip without my contribution?
2. Is there a minimum amount needed to enable my friend successfully sponsor the trip?
3. Is an invitation letter and sponsorship form required to aid my application?
4. Lastly, the issue of showing strong ties that guarantees my return, I'm yet to get a job, neither do I have any landed property to show strong ties, how do I go about this?

Any other advice necessary to make my application a smooth one will be well appreciated.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2017
Thank you for the valuable response.

90sretrogirl:

Under the section where they ask if you have any other additional jobs, click on yes and fill in the company's details and how much you earn from it. If you can get a letter from the company acknowledging that you work for them and earn xxxx amount for the job, that will be the best because you will need to explain the funds in your account. Then, this is very optional, you can attach a cover letter and state there that you get more funds from the additional job than your full time job and you will source funds for your trip and your son from the money.
And as for your son, you should attach his bank statement since he has one as you will also need to fill his income under income and employment section in his visa application form. My mum is sponsoring my trip as I am still dependent on her but I still had to attach my bank statement( even as the money in there was little to nothing lool). When you get to the VAC, all you will need to do is attach your account statement under his sponsor's evidence then his own bank statement under his financial evidence.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kenzindax(f): 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hello house,

Please I Still haven't gotten any Decision or pick up Mail. Biometric since August 14th 2017, please gurus in d house, please can anyone tell me what's going on With d application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missoredipe(f): 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2017
kenzindax:
Hello house,

Please I Still haven't gotten any Decision or pick up Mail. Biometric since August 14th 2017, please gurus in d house, please can anyone tell me what's going on With d application.

Try to check TLS website for update....sometimes the mail might not come through
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ggetter50: 3:39pm On Nov 14, 2017
missoredipe:

Try to check TLS website for update....sometimes the mail might not come through

Hello ,

Please , what is the minimum duration that you must apply for a visiting visa before your intended traveling date?

I only have 16days in between my application date and intended traveling date, please can I proceed with this?

I would appreciate your reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Elly91(f): 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ggetter50:

Hello ,

That is very tight, and i know you also know this. you have to risk it or just apply for priority (extra £184). best advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missoredipe(f): 3:56pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ggetter50:

Hello ,

Please , what is the minimum duration that you must apply for a visiting visa before your intended traveling date? Max is three month before your trip

I only have 16days in between my application date and intended traveling date, please can I proceed with this? - It is advisable to use the priority visa processing ( 5 working days) but you can do standard though but there is no assurance you will get your passport back within the stated time.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mojisolani: 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2017
Evening everybody in the house,pls I need urgent answer to my question here because am submitting my application tomorrow morning, just want to ask if only what i need to include as a student is my school ID card and letter from school stating years I entered and years I still have to finish my course? Am a nursing student
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mojisolani: 6:03pm On Nov 14, 2017
Pls Justwise,am waiting . Am I okay with school ID and letter from school stating years of entry and years remaining. Am submitting tomorrow morning pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hpmrentals: 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2017
smithsydny:
woo. Can I pm u?
How do you mean ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 14, 2017
hpmrentals:

How do you mean ?
send u a mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:47pm On Nov 14, 2017
tapinco2017:
It's an awesome experience talking to you guru's here. Your advice was top notch and I followed it to the core. Am happy i was given a UK visa finally. My processing time was just 10days on standard. Thank you... Thank you. I really appreciate.

Congratulations!! I was positive that you will get the visa on reapplying.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:14pm On Nov 14, 2017
smithsydny:
Please how do we pay visa fee?

You can pay with your dollar account or other Nigerian master cards, this question has been answered far too many times here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2017
shugachris:
Good day house, I just picked up my passport and I got ban for 10yrs due to my document. My question is can I apply for Indonesia and how do I lift this ban. 10yrs is far coz the document they call fake is not fake.

If the document is real as you claimed then write them with a proof to back up your claim else the 10yrs ban stands.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2017
tapinco2017:

Congrat!

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.