Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,580 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1533637 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2017
Ijeshalomo:
What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP?

The total amount you have for this trip.

Please advise on these 2 questions. They look similar and confusing. Must it be thesame amount awarded to them?

Cc justwise

I think I have read here that it is better that the amount available be a little more than the cost. (Showing you have extra for contingencies, and also that you have change to come back to/with).

One thing that strikes me is the need to state the currency. A few pages back, one ECO commented that the currency was not clear. In my own application years back, wherever the currency was not stated in the question, I put it in the answer where possible. Simply for clarity.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2017
ekpotek:

Congratulations!! The 6 months passport rule is TRUE. Yours is an exception maybe because you applied for 2 years visit visa. If it was a 6 months visa application maybe the outcome would have been different.

I second that Congratulations; and add that you better renew that passport before travelling.
Don't leave room for anyone to corner you when travelling o. You may be amazed to learn that the NIS law empowers Nigerian immigration officers to refuse anyone entry/exit at will.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 7:05pm On Nov 20, 2017
Oghoghobrown:
Hello everyone hope you guys are having a wonderful time. Please I really need your help on this a friend of mine is sending me an invitation letter to St. Katt and Naves the problem is that there is no direct flight I have to have a U.K. Transit visa in other for my flight to be cheap. Please is there any person here in the forum with same experience or can someone please advice me on document require for a U.K. Transit visa. Is urgent and I need your help.

Sir/Madam,
As St Kitts and Nives is Visa free for Nigerians and there are no direct flights, you will need either US or UK transit visas. With this transit visa hurdle, your visit cannot be urgent o.
Unless you have previous travel history to UK, US, Canada or Europe, please take time, read the thread; for UK and US, you will need full requirements as if you were visiting those countries (as you don't a visa for your destination).

*There could also be a long roundabout route, SA, Brazil, Caribbeans, St Kitts and Nives: but both SA and Brazil are known to deport Nigerians in transit (a risk you can reduce by getting a tourist visa to Brazil: they used to give 3 months multiple entry, you can visit Brazil first and from there find flights to St Kitts and Nives).

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
Ijeshalomo:

Please advise on these 2 questions. They look similar and confusing. Must it be thesame amount awarded to them?

Cc justwise

If you are footing the whole bill, then it will be the same amount. If you will be supoorted by anyone else, then the amount will not be the same. For example let assume you are planning to spend £1000 and you also have someone supporting the trip say contributing £200. Then the total cost of the trip is cost to you personally which is £1000 plus £200 equal to £12000.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by reflx(m): 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
Hello friends...
Visa out for me and my son..Tier 2
Yet still no decision for my wife and daughter on tls...
Paid for priority visa for all of us...
Why the delay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
@Justwise and Brightingsus,

Thank you so much for all your invaluable advice and guidance regarding applying for my brother’s visit visa. You guys are amazing, his visa was delivered this evening.

@teelighthouse and imconfused thank you for answering my questions, your answers were very helpful.

Thank you all
God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Elly91(f): 8:28pm On Nov 20, 2017
reflx:
Hello friends...
Visa out for me and my son..Tier 2
Yet still no decision for my wife and daughter on tls...
Paid for priority visa for all of us...
Why the delay?
Hey dear,

As I earlier mentioned, many people have gone through same ordeal recently including my parents. You probably just keep at eye on the TLS website as they always fail to send out mails, but still watch out for mails directly sent from Sheffield if there is any need for further documentation for your wife and daughter. Lastly, pray over it. I did same and the visas came out super early for my parents even with standard route. Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oghoghobrown: 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2017
bigbus:

Sir/Madam,
As St Kitts and Nives is Visa free for Nigerians and there are no direct flights, you will need either US or UK transit visas. With this transit visa hurdle, your visit cannot be urgent o.
Unless you have previous travel history to UK, US, Canada or Europe, please take time, read the thread; for UK and US, you will need full requirements as if you were visiting those countries (as you don't a visa for your destination).

*There could also be a long roundabout route, SA, Brazil, Caribbeans, St Kitts and Nives: but both SA and Brazil are known to deport Nigerians in transit (a risk you can reduce by getting a tourist visa to Brazil: they used to give 3 months multiple entry, you can visit Brazil first and from there find flights to St Kitts and Nives).

Thanks sir for your information. Full requirement like visiting which country. Visiting U.K or st. Katt cause I have all the require document to visit st Katt so please I need your advice. Also is there any body on this trend that have experience on this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by whitesturd(f): 12:11am On Nov 21, 2017
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 12:31am On Nov 21, 2017
Oghoghobrown:

Thanks sir for your information. Full requirement like visiting which country. Visiting U.K or st. Katt cause I have all the require document to visit st Katt so please I need your advice. Also is there any body on this trend that have experience on this?

You might need to meet UK requirements for getting a visitor visa, or USA requirements for getting a visitor visa. Perhaps I am mixing St Kitts for St Katt. For St Kitts, there are literally no requirements beyond having accommodation sorted out and being able to demonstrate that you can afford your visit there.
As for more experience, try searching for other Nairaland threads, especially those for visiting other Caribbean countries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 12:34am On Nov 21, 2017
whitesturd:
Hello all,please I need someone to give me a load down of steps to take in travelling out.trying to relocate with my husband to the UK.get a job and settle down.please help.

There is probably a thread for relocating to the UK. Check for it. But the ways could be: getting a job from here, then your employ will sponsor your going to the UK; going to study with the hope of getting a job after your studies; or investing so much money in the UK that they will be begging you to come and stay there.
Read back on this thread, you will see examples of people's stories.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oghoghobrown: 2:03am On Nov 21, 2017
bigbus:

You might need to meet UK requirements for getting a visitor visa, or USA requirements for getting a visitor visa. Perhaps I am mixing St Kitts for St Katt. For St Kitts, there are literally no requirements beyond having accommodation sorted out and being able to demonstrate that you can afford your visit there.
As for more experience, try searching for other Nairaland threads, especially those for visiting other Caribbean countries.

All document I have do you think they are going to accept my friend statement of account as the sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 4:51am On Nov 21, 2017
ekpotek:

If you are footing the whole bill, then it will be the same amount. If you will be supoorted by anyone else, then the amount will not be the same. For example let assume you are planning to spend £1000 and you also have someone supporting the trip say contributing £200. Then the total cost of the trip is cost to you personally which is £1000 plus £200 equal to £12000.

Thank you ekpotek. I would be sponsoring myself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:08am On Nov 21, 2017
Stella02:

Yes they are sending the documents. I have his British passport data page and a letter he sent. The Dad also sent his Naira bank statements to me. Is it ok if I ask for your number?

I made a decision years ago not to get my number involved with nairaland and visa issues and that hasn't changed.

If they will be accommodating your then proof of accommodation will be needed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Stella02(f): 6:14am On Nov 21, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

I made a decision years ago not to get my number involved with nairaland and visa issues and that hasn't changed.

If they will be accommodating your then proof of accommodation will be needed

No problem. What proof? House papers? I can get that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:16am On Nov 21, 2017
ekpotek:

I see it differently, you can't budget to 1200 for a foreign trip and travel with 1200, if something goes wrong then you become a burden to the govt. It always good to have more than budgeted to fall back on when things goes wrong.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:20am On Nov 21, 2017
Ijeshalomo:

Cc justwise

How long are you staying in the UK? £150 for accommodation looks unrealistic if you are staying longer than 3days.

Is that 45 naira or 45000?

You need to state your figures and currency clearly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:21am On Nov 21, 2017
Tfree:

Thank you so much for all your invaluable advice and guidance regarding applying for my brother’s visit visa. You guys are amazing, his visa was delivered this evening.

@teelighthouse and imconfused thank you for answering my questions, your answers were very helpful.

Thank you all
God bless

Congratulations!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:22am On Nov 21, 2017
Stella02:

No problem. What proof? House papers? I can get that

Yea, tenancy agreement or mortgage papers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by knighteengale: 6:50am On Nov 21, 2017
Good morning lovely people,
I honestly need advice on how to go about securing a UK visiting VISA.
I live and work in Ogun state with a multinational company for over 12yrs and I wish to visit the UK when I'm on my annual leave next year.
What documents do I need for this purpose.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 7:07am On Nov 21, 2017
justwise:

How long are you staying in the UK? £150 for accommodation looks unrealistic if you are staying longer than 3days.

Is that 45 naira or 45000?

You need to state your figures and currency clearly.

@ justwise, the figures are all in GBP. I have booked hostel accomodation. I would be staying for 9days. I give equivalent of 45pounds to my mom monthly. She's not a dependant in anyway. I just filled in that aspect. Kindly advise more if I am wrong.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Stella02(f): 11:13am On Nov 21, 2017
justwise:

Ok. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:37am On Nov 21, 2017
Tfree:

Thank you all
God bless

Congratulations... enjoy the season
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funmido(f): 1:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
Good afternoon everyone.....Thank you for your great inputs.

Special thanks to @justwise @Brightingsus @ekpotek @ademidun @90sretrogirl (i keyed into your testimony and declared i shall testify)

I just collected my passport today (21/11/17) with 6 months (multiple entry) visa..... TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

Biometrics: October 24th (Ikeja)

Decision made mail : November 20th

Ready for collection mail : November 20th

I am sooooooooooo HAPPY...

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
funmido:

Special thanks to @justwise @Brightingsus @ekpotek @ademidun @90sretrogirl (i keyed into your testimony and declared i shall testify)

I just collected my passport today (21/11/17) with 6 months (multiple entry) visa..... TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

Big congrats! I'm so happy for you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
funmido:

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 3:14pm On Nov 21, 2017
hello Bosses,

while making the online payment. i was told i need to create a profile with TLS. Please do advise on how to go about this.

Thanks as usual
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
funmido:

Big congrats to u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
Please house I need help pls. I am a tier 4 student just entered UK. please I want to apply for dependent visa for my husband and baby. do I need to show both my maintenance and also theirs? or only their maintenance is okay for their application? meaning if I should put in 9135 + 6120 + 6120 or only 6120 + 6120 is enough. please help me out so I don't make mistake. thanks and God bless you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jayadia: 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
Good day

Please i need advice..i want to apply for a 2yrs visitor visa to travel in december.

i am currently an intern and have been an intern since may 2016 and i earn 112,500 monthly..

my mum lives in the uk and is sponsoring my entire trip
i plan to include her payslips and her nigerian account bank statement as well as her mortgage papers.
i have indicated that she will be paying £1200 towards my trip, her nigerian account has a balance of 900,000 naira.. will that be okay
also do i need to include my bank statement for proof that i am currently employed, even if the money is not substantial?
the company were i intern for will provide me a letter to say i currently work with them, is that a strong enough tie?

I wrote that my mum works in the uk, do i need to put her uk payslips or uk bank account, she has a uk current business account but the money there isnt a lot..should i put her nigerian account where she has money and also her uk account to show she is in active employment..
kindly advice

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by austin212: 7:31am On Nov 22, 2017
Darla:
Hello everyone, 1000056655 For foreign affairs brother 'm not sure if this is the right place to post but does anyone know the GIFMIS code for the Ministry of foreign affairs? I'm trying to generate a remita code online for the payment for the authentication of docs. I understand it's a 10-digit PIN, I have tried contacting the ministry without much success, can't go in person because I'm in Europe.
Please help!
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Stella02(f): 11:49am On Nov 22, 2017
justwise:

Ok . I can get them but does it make sense that my uncle/cousin is inviting me and giving me his data page and letter but the dad is the one footing the bill? bills like the dad's bank statement and others. should i submit my bank statement along with the dad's own or just mine?

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.