Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531114 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:12am On Jan 31, 2018
sashaa:

If you still have enough money after loan repayment then you got nothing to worry about.

The most important thing here is to proof that you can afford the trip despite the loan repayment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sashaa(f): 12:17pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ok...thank you
justwise:

If you still have enough money after loan repayment then you got nothing to worry about.

The most important thing here is to proof that you can afford the trip despite the loan repayment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2018
AmbivertMe:
Hi Gurus in the house,please if one states how much one spends on living expenses each month,should this correlate with withdrawals from bank account (to be submitted for the visa) each month?
Cc @justwise @ekpotek and other Gurus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2018
AmbivertMe:
Hi Gurus in the house,please if one states how much one spends on living expenses each month,should this correlate with withdrawals from bank account (to be submitted for the visa) each month?
Cc @justwise @ekpotek and other Gurus

No it doesn't have to.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buzuazi(m): 3:57pm On Jan 31, 2018
Good evening all.Pls,a quick resolution.I have my personal business which is not registered but have a good bank statement.My brother is a citizen and he's inviting my family stating that he will be responsible for our feeding and accommodation.(wife and daughter)my wife works too with fed govt.Won't tax clearance and cac certificate hinder the process as i do not have?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wayno: 4:54pm On Jan 31, 2018
Hello Mr, Justwise, I applied for UK visa in the year 2010 which was granted and I travelled around March, 2011 while I slept just 2 weeks out of the 6 months Visa issued. After the Visa expired, I re-apply for renewal which was denied due to insufficient documents to support my applications. So I re-apply again which was also denied due to fake Tax clearance certificate. So inside the letter of refusal their is a condition given that if I should try to re-apply again in future, I will be ban. I sent 3 letters of reconsideration of decision to the Embassy last year 2017 without any response. So what do you think I can do again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 5:00pm On Jan 31, 2018
Hi Gurus in the house, My Bank account statement is having opening balance of 400k and closing balance of 1.5m after six months.
My question, is the opening balance not too low, compare to the closing balance? Will the ECO not raise issue regards the low opening balance? Pls respond @ justwise, ekpotek and others in the house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 5:16pm On Jan 31, 2018
Hi Gurus in the house, My Bank account statement is having opening balance of 400k and closing balance of 1.5m after six months.
My question, is the opening balance not too low? no huge money was deposited it was strictly on monthly salary progression. Will the ECO not raise issue regards the low opening balance? Pls respond @ justwise, ekpotek and other Gurus in the house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:59pm On Jan 31, 2018
kprake9:
My question, is the opening balance not too low? no huge money was deposited it was strictly on monthly salary progression. Will the ECO not raise issue regards the low opening balance? Pls respond @ justwise, ekpotek and other Gurus in the house.

The ECO will be more interested in the inflow, outflow and your monthly salary coupled with your budget for the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buzuazi(m): 7:00pm On Jan 31, 2018
Good evening all.Pls,a quick resolution.I have my personal business which is not registered but have a good bank statement.My brother is a citizen and he's inviting my family stating that he will be responsible for our feeding and accommodation.(wife and daughter)my wife works too with fed govt.Won't tax clearance and cac certificate hinder the process as i do not have?Abeg help a brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:01pm On Jan 31, 2018
wayno:
Hello Mr, Justwise, I applied for UK visa in the year 2010 which was granted and I travelled around March, 2011 while I slept just 2 weeks out of the 6 months Visa issued. After the Visa expired, I re-apply for renewal which was denied due to insufficient documents to support my applications. So I re-apply again which was also denied due to fake Tax clearance certificate. So inside the letter of refusal their is a condition given that if I should try to re-apply again in future, I will be ban. I sent 3 letters of reconsideration of decision to the Embassy last year 2017 without any response. So what do you think I can do again?

Submission of a fake document is automatic ban for 10 years. Just wait until your ban is lifted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaDe: 7:59pm On Jan 31, 2018
Good day all.
Plz can someone tell me how soon I will get my visa application" decision made" after a mail from Sheffield that my application wasn't straight forward and so decision cannot be made within the 15working days. It's a week today I got that mail n I haven't heard anything from them still. I applied in November n was refused, Was refused cos the eco wasn't convinced I have enough money for the trip though I have a sponsor. And wasn't convinced my business is active.so I reapplied again first week in January adding more supporting documents. But got the not straightforward mail. Plz how much longer will it take them to make a decision. The wait is draining. Thx a bunch as I look forward to read a reply soonest
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sashaa(f): 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
ori777:

it get's a bit confusing for some of us when we hear things like this. You want to visit the U.K and they say visit the U.S first. You want to visit the U.S and you also hear no they wouldn't approve your visa, why not visit the U.K first. I mean what is one supposed to do?

I just want to visit a place that interests me. My ties are obviously in nigeria..family, job etc. Or how do they check or look at it? Not having family in the U.K surely means i have no ties there.
Or isn't that how it's checked?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:49pm On Jan 31, 2018
@sashaa

Even if you visit heaven first before applying to the UK your visa will still be refused if you do not meet the requirements.

Travel history is an advantage yes but its not the core issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sashaa(f): 10:26pm On Jan 31, 2018
thank you
justwise:
@sashaa

Even if you visit heaven first before applying to the UK your visa will still be refused if you do not meet the requirements.

Travel history is an advantage yes but its not the core issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buzuazi(m): 12:12am On Feb 01, 2018
buzuazi:
Good evening all.Pls,a quick resolution.I have my personal business which is not registered but have a good bank statement.My brother is a citizen and he's inviting my family stating that he will be responsible for our feeding and accommodation.(wife and daughter)my wife works too with fed govt.Won't tax clearance and cac certificate hinder the process as i do not have?Abeg help a brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaDe: 6:07am On Feb 01, 2018
Good day all.
Plz can someone tell me how soon I will get my visa application" decision made" after a mail from Sheffield that my application wasn't straight forward and so decision cannot be made within the 15working days. It's a week today I got that mail n I haven't heard anything from them still. I applied in November n was refused, Was refused cos the eco wasn't convinced I have enough money for the trip though I have a sponsor. And wasn't convinced my business is active.so I reapplied again first week in January adding more supporting documents. But got the not straightforward mail. Plz how much longer will it take them to make a decision. The wait is draining. Thx a bunch as I look forward to read a reply soonest
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 01, 2018
Good day all,
I got redundant letter from my employer and we had a meeting after that ,
Our employer assured to call us back after reconstruction of the company which we understood .
My boyfriend worked in Nigeria briefly before he went to Europe...
But because I couldn't secure a schenghen visa we decided to meet in London..and was on 5yrs visa which has expired now.
And I stayed up till 5months then,
luckily for me my employer called me back exactly 6months after.
Within the 5months of my stay my boyfriend visited me thrice and I was given enough cash for my expenses
But every other months he sent western union to me...
I do not have any family ties over there except in Nigeria ..
I rented an apartment belonging to a family which was cheaper for me though they were not around at the moment I occupied the apartment ..just a room
..I got back to my job in oct 1st ,
and when you are away from job for up till six months you'll have to take a refresher class and its mandatory...

I tried to apply for 10yrs in December but was refused
And reason was that..

1. I declared that I recently travelled to the uk for 5months and that I have not provided an explanation regarding my extensive stay in uk and this cast credibility on the intention of my visit.
2, I stated that I have been employed by my company since 2008..and that they did not find it credible that I have remained employed throughout my 5months stay in uk

3,Furthermore given that I wish to return to uk only after a short duration they're not satisfied that I will not live in uk for extended periods through frequent or successive visits or make uk my main home
On balance of probabilities,they Re not satisfied that I genuinely seeking entry as a visitor to leave the uk after limited period
Visa refused V4.2(a)(c)
V4.2(b)
Any future uk visa applications I make will be considered on their individual merits,however I am likely to be refused unless the circumstances of my application change,
There's no right of appeal or right to administrative review,

I didn't think it was necessary I explained how I stayed that long and to include my redundant letter which I still have a copy with me,
Please advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 01, 2018
I have pictures of the training I did before work,
Evidence of the transfers he made at his end because I didn't keep the western union transfer receipts because I didn't think I would need them
Also photo copy of his passport photo page..
Please advise what else I need to include in my letter of introduction
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Feb 01, 2018
Jjporch:
Good day all,
Our employer assured to call us back after reconstruction of the company which we understood .
But because I couldn't secure a schenghen visa we decided to meet in London..and was on 5yrs visa which has expired now.
Within the 5months of my stay my boyfriend visited me thrice and I was given enough cash for my expenses
I rented an apartment belonging to a family which was cheaper for me though they were not around at the moment I occupied the apartment ..just a room
and when you are away from job for up till six months you'll have to take a refresher class and its mandatory...

And reason was that..

1. I declared that I recently travelled to the uk for 5months and that I have not provided an explanation regarding my extensive stay in uk and this cast credibility on the intention of my visit.
2, I stated that I have been employed by my company since 2008..and that they did not find it credible that I have remained employed throughout my 5months stay in uk

3,Furthermore given that I wish to return to uk only after a short duration they're not satisfied that I will not live in uk for extended periods through frequent or successive visits or make uk my main home
On balance of probabilities,they Re not satisfied that I genuinely seeking entry as a visitor to leave the uk after limited period
Visa refused V4.2(a)(c)
V4.2(b)
Any future uk visa applications I make will be considered on their individual merits,however I am likely to be refused unless the circumstances of my application change,

I didn't think it was necessary I explained how I stayed that long and to include my redundant letter which I still have a copy with me,
Please advise.

Jjporch:
I have pictures of the training I did before work,
Evidence of the transfers he made at his end because I didn't keep the western union transfer receipts because I didn't think I would need them
Also photo copy of his passport photo page..

Please advise what else I need to include in my letter of introduction

You really underestimated the most important thing in your application, you will find it difficult to get another visa to the UK if you failed to explain..

What you were doing in the UK during that 5months and how you were able to sustain yourself.

Gather as much evince as you can to support your explanation.

You should have also disclosed that you were out of work for sometime because it makes no sense that you spent 5months in the UK and still maintain a paying job in Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:54pm On Feb 01, 2018
MamaDe:
Good day all.

Nobody here can honestly answer that, you have to wait to hear from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
buzuazi:
Good evening all.Pls,a quick resolution.I have my personal business which is not registered but have a good bank statement.My brother is a citizen and he's inviting my family stating that he will be responsible for our feeding and accommodation.(wife and daughter)my wife works too with fed govt .Won't tax clearance and cac certificate hinder the process as i do not have? Abeg help a brother

You don't need any of those for visiting visa application, You can still get a visa without adding any of that if you put in a good application

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:03pm On Feb 01, 2018
Jjporch:
Good day all,

And reason was that..

Visa refused V4.2(a)(c)
V4.2(b)

Please advise.

Sorry oh! For a 10 year visa of $1023, you really threw caution to the wind in packaging your application. All applicants are considered as a potential immigrant no matter your previous travel history of visas. You can always reapply if you enough documents to explained the reasons for 5 months stay in the UK. Your responses should be hinged on the fact that you were unemployed/redundant during that period and you decide to take a long vacation in the UK with support of your Europe based boyfriend. Make a list of all the activities during those 5 months and how you funded it. Lay emphasis to the fact that throughout your stay you did not recourse to public fund and that you did not break any UK immigration law. That you reason for this renewal is simply because your 5 years has expired. That you are gainfully employed in Nigeria etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2018
ekpotek:

Sorry oh! For a 10 year visa of $1023, you really threw caution to the wind in packaging your application. All applicants are considered as a potential immigrant no matter your previous travel history of visas. You can always reapply if you enough documents to explained the reasons for 5 months stay in the UK. Your responses should be hinged on the fact that you were unemployed/redundant during that period and you decide to take a long vacation in the UK with support of your Europe based boyfriend. Make a list of all the activities during those 5 months and how you funded it. Lay emphasis to the fact that throughout your stay you did not recourse to public fund and that you did not break any UK immigration law. That you reason for this renewal is simply because your 5 years has expired. That you are gainfully employed in Nigeria etc.
Thank you so so much for your response,
Do I need to use a lawyer for their professional ideas or I should just use my own supporting documents..
Though I've been applying for visas by myself including explanatory letters and I've been offered just for this last one ..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:49pm On Feb 01, 2018
Jjporch:
Thank you so so much for your response,
Do I need to use a lawyer for their professional ideas or I should just use my own supporting documents..
Though I've been applying for visas by myself including explanatory letters and I've been offered just for this last one ..

No. You do not need a lawyer. All you need is documents to show that your extended stay in the U.K. was not an intention to make the U.K. your main home, and your current employment would not even permit you to do that. If you can not write this out, you can get a lawyer to write the letter. Remember you need to demonstrate that you have no intention of abusing your visit visa in the future. The ECO is just worried that with a 10 years visa, you can make the U.K. your primary home if your Job in Nigeria is not that stable. So you will need to convince the ECO that the likelihood of been redundant again or out of employment will not arise. You can get your company to give you a supporting letter outlining your job description, salary package and potential of remaining with them for the foreseeable future. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adaxxy: 7:48pm On Feb 01, 2018
ekpotek:

No. You do not need a lawyer. All you need is documents to show that your extended stay in the U.K. was not an intention to make the U.K. your main home, and your current employment would not even permit you to do that. If you can not write this out, you can get a lawyer to write the letter. Remember you need to demonstrate that you have no intention of abusing your visit visa in the future. The ECO is just worried that with a 10 years visa, you can make the U.K. your primary home if your Job in Nigeria is not that stable. So you will need to convince the ECO that the likelihood of been redundant again or out of employment will not arise. You can get your company to give you a supporting letter outlining your job description, salary package and potential of remaining with them for the foreseeable future. Good luck.
Thank you so so much..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Loritess: 11:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
Please can someone help me with this question, do I need to have a good account balance if I have an invite from a friend over there. Because he is the one sponsoring everything.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aquaman84: 2:56am On Feb 02, 2018
Hello house, please I have been dating my girlfriend for almost 8 months now, she is white, 33yrs (my age mate) and a UK citizen and we met face to face in October which we met my parents/ family and took some pictures and had a good time, though she only spent a week. She invited me to the UK on a sponsorship visa, she has a very good job and has passed all criteria needed to be provided. I worry becos it's my first time leaving the country, and I want to spend at least 2months with her on a 6 months visa. Please I'm the most clueless guy here and as humble as ever ask for your advice, what I need to provide or get to make this successful. P.s I'm currently working but may b laid off April or earlier than that, but if I were to get the visa I'd have to resign to spend 2months with her. Please I need any advice and I'll answer any question that may assist I'm my assistance lol. Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:28am On Feb 02, 2018
Loritess:
Please can someone help me with this question, do I need to have a good account balance if I have an invite from a friend over there. Because he is the one sponsoring everything.

That will depend on your status in Nigeria: student, worker or self employment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:36am On Feb 02, 2018
Aquaman84:
Hello house, please I have been dating my girlfriend for almost 8 months now, she is white, 33yrs (my age mate) and a UK citizen and we met face to face in October which we met my parents/ family and took some pictures and had a good time, though she only spent a week. She invited me to the UK on a sponsorship visa, she has a very good job and has passed all criteria needed to be provided. I worry becos it's my first time leaving the country, and I want to spend at least 2months with her on a 6 months visa. Please I'm the most clueless guy here and as humble as ever ask for your advice, what I need to provide or get to make this successful. P.s I'm currently working but may b laid off April or earlier than that, but if I were to get the visa I'd have to resign to spend 2months with her. Please I need any advice and I'll answer any question that may assist I'm my assistance lol. Thanks guys

Dude to be honest with you, your chances of getting a visit visa is very slim. A visit visa is for those with a great potential of returning after their visit. As it stands you’re not qualified, as you are about to loss you job, no strong home, financial and social ties to Nigeria. However, if you are serious with your white lady, why don’t you aim for marriage and then apply for spouse visa to join her. For now all you can do is to encourage her to visit you more often in Nigeria to create a solid and verifiable relationship. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aquaman84: 9:20am On Feb 02, 2018
OK, so what do I need to provide then? That can increase my chances of getting the visa please

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.