Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524848 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chilove02: 1:04am On Jan 24, 2018
Hello All,

My apologies if I am not posting at the correct thread.
Please all I want is help from the honourable members of this powerful forum.

I got my leave to remain in April 2013(2 and half years) which expired in October 2015. I applied for a renewal 28days before the expiration of the 1st one and H/0 approved it but then it started in December 2015 to June 2018(2nd 2 and half years). So there was a gap between the expiration of the old one and the start of the new one. Now the rule is that I have to complete 5years on that route before I can apply for indefinite Leave to Remain. I forgot to mention that I am on the 5years family route(Parent of a British citizen).

I would be 5years in April 2018 counting from the 1st day my first visa commenced but because of the gap between my two visa's that now pushed the expiration of the 2nd card to June 2018.

My question is when am I truly supposed to apply for indefinite Leave, do I have to wait for 28days before the expiration of the 2nd visa which is in May or am I eligible to apply by APRIL 2018.

I dont know if I make sense with my tales.

Please I am calling on all the gurus in the house to come to my rescue.

Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by suntai(f): 1:38pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hi JW,
The Visa was issued, like you said the less than six months validity was overlooked!�

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
suntai:
Hi JW,
The Visa was issued, like you said the less than six months validity was overlooked!�

Thanks for your help!

Congrat! Enjoy your trip, don't forget winter jacket because its cold here now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Julify13: 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2018
anybody with same experience please...plus i haven't heard from them since submission two weeks ago....anyone in similar situation please?

Julify13:

OMG! I am shaking right now. I just got a call from the uk visa officer asking me questions on my moms application. which we submitted on the 10th.

WHat does this phone call mean and why do they do that. I ask coz this is the first time i'm getting a call from them.

Now I am Anxious and panicky. Please say a prayer for me as I am desperate for my mom's help over here as the baby is on its way soon.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
Justwise please your attention is needed,
I sent you a private mail thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phelicia: 6:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hello house, pls I need help concerning my auntie visiting visa to the U.K. She is 60 years and have been to the UK four times . She applied for a two year visiting visa in march 2017 and up till nowher passport has not been return. Last week, which is about ten month after applying, we got a message saying the submission center in Lagos has lost her passport. And moreso they refused her visa before losing her passport. Is thr Anything she can do? Can she sue them for damages ? There is also a valid America visa on this passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by suntai(f): 8:37pm On Jan 24, 2018
justwise:

Congrat! Enjoy your trip, don't forget winter jacket because its cold here now.

���yeah I know what the cold is like! Lots of jackets!!!!. Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:23pm On Jan 24, 2018
Julify13:

OMG! I am shaking right now. I just got a call from the uk visa officer asking me questions on my moms application. which we submitted on the 10th.

WHat does this phone call mean and why do they do that. I ask coz this is the first time i'm getting a call from them.

Now I am Anxious and panicky. Please say a prayer for me as I am desperate for my mom's help over here as the baby is on its way soon.

Nothing out of ordinary about receiving a call like that, many receive a call when the embassy wants to clarify few things as part of visa processing procedures
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:29pm On Jan 24, 2018
phelicia:
Hello house, pls I need help concerning my auntie visiting visa to the U.K. She is 60 years and have been to the UK four times . She applied for a two year visiting visa in march 2017 and up till nowher passport has not been return. Last week, which is about ten month after applying, we got a message saying the submission center in Lagos has lost her passport. And moreso they refused her visa before losing her passport. Is thr Anything she can do? Can she sue them for damages ? There is also a valid America visa on this passport

You people have to put pressure on the embassy to produce her passport or pay for replacement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by okus17: 11:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
Julify13:
anybody with same experience please...plus i haven't heard from them since submission two weeks ago....anyone in similar situation please?

write TLc through their complaint thread its possible your visa is ready.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Agentmimi: 11:59pm On Jan 24, 2018
Quick question. Please what is the fee for using the premium lounge service for visa submission at the Ikeja office?
i don't seem to find the info anywhere.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by topeolu1: 6:22am On Jan 25, 2018
Good morning Justwise &co. I wish to provide feedback that my application with my family was unsuccessful. The ECO based his conclusion on the fact that I had a low balance of N300 at some point and some credits into my account months back which he wasn't comfortable with. Surprisingly, he acknowledged my cover letter and other financial instruments which proofed more than sufficient, but failed to take it to account. He only emphasized on my salary account whereas I have worked at a senior level for over 8years with justifiable savings in other accounts submitted and we'll explained in my cover letter. That said I think I should proceed to an alternative destination for our Easter vacation. That was what I did when we were refused for US last year. Or do you think reapplying would be the right thing to do. I don't want anything that creates impression of desperation......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Julify13: 8:55am On Jan 25, 2018
as always, many thanks for your response.

justwise:

Nothing out of ordinary about receiving a call like that, many receive a call when the embassy wants to clarify few things as part of visa processing procedures
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Julify13: 8:56am On Jan 25, 2018
Thank you....any link to the thread you could direct me to please?

okus17:

write TLc through their complaint thread its possible your visa is ready.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngpablo180: 9:12am On Jan 25, 2018
@Justwise please help a brother out

i submitted my application since Dec 1st 2017, till date all i can see from TLS site is that my application is with UKVI now,...how can i contact the embassy that i need my passport back,...who do i contact, please help with a link or an email address i can write too

thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by osarodon(m): 4:00pm On Jan 25, 2018
Good
iyaaliyah:
Goodmorning. Pls help look into this bugdet/breakdown.. pls criticise and contribute.
So my friend earns 230k/month. (468£) She lives with her parent. Doesn't really spend her salàry except on fuel on weekends. She goes with staff bus. So she hardly touches salary. She had a small hair unregistered business (another bank account) but not regular income. Closing balance in salary account at this morning is 1,130m.(2,304£) She wants to spend 5nights in London.
proposed bugdet is as follows:
1. Hotel (kessington&Chelsea)...105£(domitory of 8beds)
2. Flight .................................541£ ethiopian
3. Transportation ................. 20£ oyster card
4. Sightseeing .................. 70£ (some r free)
5. Breakfast/dinner. ........ (hotel comes with free breakfast n dinner
6. Lunch..........................20£
6. Shopping ..................... 100£
Total. ........................................856£

Itininery proposed after research I came up with:
Aŕrives London on the 21st @6.35am
Settles in and rest till 2pm
3pm .......walks round the neighbourhood to earls court station that's close to hotel to the city to get oriented with the environ.(day 1)
Day 2.....go to see London eye + river cruise +madam toussand.....we got this combo @31£
Day 3.....visit to trafalgar square and all the free attraction sites close around, lounge around n take tons of pics. Go clubbing after
Day 4.....(sat) spend the day to see house of parliament, Westminster Abbey and Hyde park., takes london bus to see London at night
Day 5.....(sun) church service @Westminster Abbey, light shopping....goes back early so she can park for departure
Day 6.....(mon)...leaves early to burkingham palace to go see changing of the guard....(hotel check out time is 3.30pm)
We hope she gets back to the hotel by 2pm so she can check out and heads to airport. Flight is 9pm.

Pls who is familiar with this oyster card. Is 20£ reasonable for 5days t get her to the stated attractions?
Is 20£ for lunch reasonable?

Pls help us scrutinize this if there is anything I missed out. Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abdullahi45: 4:32pm On Jan 25, 2018
abdullahi45:

Is this for real or just a scam?
someone should please reply me please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 25, 2018
osarodon:
Good
I think it's £21 pounds for 7days only on bus only she should do 1week but if she does pay as you go you'll spend more money
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 25, 2018
iyaaliyah:
Goodmorning. Pls help look into this bugdet/breakdown.. pls criticise and contribute.
So my friend earns 230k/month. (468£) She lives with her parent. Doesn't really spend her salàry except on fuel on weekends. She goes with staff bus. So she hardly touches salary. She had a small hair unregistered business (another bank account) but not regular income. Closing balance in salary account at this morning is 1,130m.(2,304£) She wants to spend 5nights in London.
proposed bugdet is as follows:
1. Hotel (kessington&Chelsea)...105£(domitory of 8beds)
2. Flight .................................541£ ethiopian
3. Transportation ................. 20£ oyster card
4. Sightseeing .................. 70£ (some r free)
5. Breakfast/dinner. ........ (hotel comes with free breakfast n dinner
6. Lunch..........................20£
6. Shopping ..................... 100£
Total. ........................................856£

Itininery proposed after research I came up with:
Aŕrives London on the 21st @6.35am
Settles in and rest till 2pm
3pm .......walks round the neighbourhood to earls court station that's close to hotel to the city to get oriented with the environ.(day 1)
Day 2.....go to see London eye + river cruise +madam toussand.....we got this combo @31£
Day 3.....visit to trafalgar square and all the free attraction sites close around, lounge around n take tons of pics. Go clubbing after
Day 4.....(sat) spend the day to see house of parliament, Westminster Abbey and Hyde park., takes london bus to see London at night
Day 5.....(sun) church service @Westminster Abbey, light shopping....goes back early so she can park for departure
Day 6.....(mon)...leaves early to burkingham palace to go see changing of the guard....(hotel check out time is 3.30pm)
We hope she gets back to the hotel by 2pm so she can check out and heads to airport. Flight is 9pm.

Pls who is familiar with this oyster card. Is 20£ reasonable for 5days t get her to the stated attractions?
Is 20£ for lunch reasonable?

Pls help us scrutinize this if there is anything I missed out. Thanks in advance.
I think it's £21 pounds for 7days on bus only ,
she should do 1week but if she does pay as you go you'll spend more money and why Chelsea and leasing,
Accommodations around their too expensive..

Just my opinion..
Let her check out SE and lots of buses to take with
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by godspeed: 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hello justwise and house

I'm about processing a UK visiting visa for my mom who is retired. She has two of her cousins residing over there who can send her a letter of invitation.

Considering the fact that she is retired, the major inflow to her account is just her pension so I have decided to sponsor her. Do you feel this can damage her chances?

And please take me thru the process of the visa application.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by labiowo: 9:52pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hello Guru in the house,
I applied for UK student visa in 2009 and I was denied. I have not applied since then,my cousin wishes to invite me.I earned 250k in my place of work. Did I have any chance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:35am On Jan 26, 2018
godspeed:
Hello justwise and house

I'm about processing a UK visiting visa for my mom who is retired. She has two of her cousins residing over there who can send her a letter of invitation.

Considering the fact that she is retired, the major inflow to her account is just her pension so I have decided to sponsor her. Do you feel this can damage her chances?

And please take me thru the process of the visa application.

Thanks

No it will not as long as you can afford to sponsor the trip comfortably with the help of her cousins
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:40am On Jan 26, 2018
labiowo:
Hello Guru in the house,
I applied for UK student visa in 2009 and I was denied. I have not applied since then,my cousin wishes to invite me.I earned 250k in my place of work. Did I have any chance?

If you put in a good application yes your chances is high, don't budget over 3months of your salary and don't deny the previous visa refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:49am On Jan 26, 2018
topeolu1:
Good morning Justwise &co. I wish to provide feedback that my application with my family was unsuccessful. The ECO based his conclusion on the fact that I had a low balance of N300 at some point and some credits into my account months back which he wasn't comfortable with. Surprisingly, he acknowledged my cover letter and other financial instruments which proofed more than sufficient, but failed to take it to account. He only emphasized on my salary account whereas I have worked at a senior level for over 8years with justifiable savings in other accounts submitted and we'll explained in my cover letter. That said I think I should proceed to an alternative destination for our Easter vacation. That was what I did when we were refused for US last year. Or do you think reapplying would be the right thing to do. I don't want anything that creates impression of desperation......

That is refreshing to read. Try another country for your holiday then apply to the UK anytime you want in future.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by labiowo: 9:13am On Jan 26, 2018
justwise:

If you put in a good application yes your chances is high, don't budget over 3months of your salary and don't deny the previous visa refusal

Thanks for the response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KUNZEEL01: 10:24am On Jan 26, 2018
Hello, Justwise and the gurus,
Pls, help. Before we got married my wife was denied Uk visit visa in 2010 but she can't remember the reason why she was denied also can't find the hard copy of the refusal letter. Is there any way we can get another copy as we are planning to apply as a family(family of 4) for a Uk tourist visa during summer?
We have been to Dubai(2015) once as a family, planning to go on a road trip to Ghana for Easter before applying for Uk tourist visa. I was also denied Italy and German visa after we returned from Dubai which is on my passport. Can the refusal on my Passport i.e Italy and German visa affect our application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by godspeed: 10:27am On Jan 26, 2018
justwise:

No it will not as long as you can afford to sponsor the trip comfortably with the help of her cousins

Thanks justwise

Another thing is that she has never traveled before, I hope this will not be much of a problem

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.