Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531640 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PreciousGemRubb: 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2018
Thanks everyone on this page, my dad got his visitor's visa today. GRANTED!!! Thanks all.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by habbyjaino: 8:12pm On Jan 26, 2018
Congrats to your dad @preciousGemrubb... Please could you share the Timeline for his last application.. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jossyking10: 8:20pm On Jan 26, 2018
Good evening everyone. Please I need your advice. I applied for a tier 2 visa and was refused few months back. I want to reapply now but my tuberculosis test certificate will expire on February 10, 2018. Please do I have to do another one or I can submit my application with the current certificate once it is still valid?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2018
Good evening Justwise,

Pls if a relative (an uncle) is providing accommodation for me for a few days (3 days before my exam), is it necessary to include his bank statement?

He's just providing accommodation while I have more than enough for feeding and living expenses.
Is it enough to include just invitation letter, mortgage bills and utility bills?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:11pm On Jan 26, 2018
MamaGiovanni:
Good evening Justwise,

Pls if a relative (an uncle) is providing accommodation for me for a few days (3 days before my exam), is it necessary to include his bank statement?

He's just providing accommodation while I have more than enough for feeding and living expenses.
Is it enough to include just invitation letter, mortgage bills and utility bills?

You wil also need to provide evidence of his status in the UK such as passport data page and indicate that you will stay with your uncle for 3 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sashaa(f): 10:11pm On Jan 26, 2018
Hello Everyone and greetings. I've gone through a lot of pages on the thread and i must commend all the gurus in the house. You guys are too much.

I'll like to take a few days vacation to the U.K. and will like to know if my chances are good and how to go about it.

I'm Single, working in a bank(this is my 5th year on the job )
Earning 372k monthly, was promoted last year(salary structure is 150k monthly, 535k every quater and 518k rent allowance paid only in january)

No travel history, will be travel alone and staying at a hotel.

Balance in my savings account now is about 280k but will receive 535k payment in april.

So I'm thinking of applying in april. My concern now is if the balance of 815k(280+535) is enough to apply?

And if i can work my travel expenses around it(spending 10days or less).

Also if the personal loan of about 800k i took last july will raise eyebrows.used it for some investment. The repayment is being debited monthly from my salary account, about 72k. Some months it throws my account into debit for a few hours. That is when the loan is taken at 12mjdnight and salary is paid around 7am same day.

Also, In addition to my 815k I'll have by april I'll be attaching my treasury bill certificates(1million and 3.8million) as part of the documents I'll submit.

@justwise please assist.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 10:22pm On Jan 26, 2018
ekpotek:

You wil also need to provide evidence of his status in the UK such as passport data page and indicate that you will stay with your uncle for 3 days.

Thanks a lot Ekpotek. He has a British passport.

So I don't need to submit his bank statement? Cos he's not willing to submit it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:41am On Jan 27, 2018
MamaGiovanni:

Thanks a lot Ekpotek. He has a British passport.

So I don't need to submit his bank statement? Cos he's not willing to submit it.

Yes no need, since he isn’t the main reason for your visit. Please include his British passport data page
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:07am On Jan 27, 2018
sashaa:
Hello Everyone and greetings. I've gone through a lot of pages on the thread and i must commend all the gurus in the house. You guys are too much.

I'll like to take a few days vacation to the U.K. and will like to know if my chances are good and how to go about it.

Earning 372k monthly, was promoted last year(salary structure is 150k monthly, 535k every quater and 518k rent allowance paid only in january)

Balance in my savings account now is about 280k but will receive 535k payment in april.

So I'm thinking of applying in april. My concern now is if the balance of 815k(280+535) is enough to apply?

Also if the personal loan of about 800k i took last july will raise eyebrows.used it for some investment. The repayment is being debited monthly from my salary account, about 72k. Some months it throws my account into debit for a few hours. That is when the loan is taken at 12mjdnight and salary is paid around 7am same day.

Also, In addition to my 815k I'll have by april I'll be attaching my treasury bill certificates(1million and 3.8million) as part of the documents I'll submit.

@justwise please assist.

Only the ECO can determine your chances. Some ECO may focus more on your finances, other may focus on your family ties, still other may be more concern about your travel history. You can give it a try since you only need to submit a 6 month bank statement that will not reflect the loan. Mind you, you will need to convince the ECO how you got the cash to aquire the teasury bill certificates which is 3x and 9x your monthly salary respectively. Being single is not a crime, however, you must have solid family tie to convince the ECO as a tourist. No travel history is not also a crime, however, traveling to the UK as a first time tourist will raise questions which you must address which is why your interest in the UK first? Do you have family member living in the UK? Why not US or Canada, Schengen countries? If you can address this issues convincingly, put in your application after April 2018.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jossyking10: 8:16am On Jan 27, 2018
Good morning everyone. Please I need your advice. I applied for a tier 2 visa and was refused few months back. I want to reapply now but my tuberculosis test certificate will expire on February 10, 2018. Please do I have to do another one or I can submit my application with the current certificate once it is still valid? Justwise, Ekpotek and all other gurus please respond
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:48am On Jan 27, 2018
jossyking10:
Good morning everyone. Please I need your advice. I applied for a tier 2 visa and was refused few months back. I want to reapply now but my tuberculosis test certificate will expire on February 10, 2018. Please do I have to do another one or I can submit my application with the current certificate once it is still valid? Justwise, Ekpotek and all other gurus please respond

Sorry I am not familiar with Tier 2. However, common sense should suffice here. Why support your application with a document that will expire next month? What does it take to get a new TB certificate. I believed that this certificate is not only for the application but must also be valid at point of entry into the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:08am On Jan 27, 2018
MamaGiovanni:
Good evening Justwise,

i'm not sure about bank statement but tenancy agreement or mortgage papers and evidence of his status in the UK will be needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:14am On Jan 27, 2018
sashaa:

@justwise please assist.

Your salary level is good but i'm not sure about the cash available for the trip.

So its the new salary status stated in your employment letter?

Will you receive the 535k payment before your application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sashaa(f): 9:19am On Jan 27, 2018
Thank you for your response. The cash from the treasury bills are all from my savings from the year i started working till now. My salary is more than enough for me and i have always had a good savings culture. Will attach statement from my various accounts too.

The loan will not be captured in the 6months statement I'll submit but the monthly repayments will.

ekpotek:

Only the ECO can determine your chances. Some ECO may focus more on your finances, other may focus on your family ties, still other may be more concern about your travel history. You can give it a try since you only need to submit a 6 month bank statement that will not reflect the loan. Mind you, you will need to convince the ECO how you got the cash to aquire the teasury bill certificates which is 3x and 9x your monthly salary respectively. Being single is not a crime, however, you must have solid family tie to convince the ECO as a tourist. No travel history is not also a crime, however, traveling to the UK as a first time tourist will raise questions which you must address which is why your interest in the UK first? Do you have family member living in the UK? Why not US or Canada, Schengen countries? If you can address this issues convincingly, put in your application after April 2018.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sashaa(f): 9:23am On Jan 27, 2018
justwise:

Your salary level is good but i'm not sure about the cash available for the trip.ok,
Do you have any idea how much i should aim for?

So its the new salary status stated in your employment letter? no, its not. We choose our structure every year end against the following year. You could choose a monthly plan or quaterly plan just like mine. Employment letter captures the breakdown of your pay package, like rent, feeding, etc

Will you receive the 535k payment before your application? yes, the payment will come on the 1st of april
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PreciousGemRubb: 9:29am On Jan 27, 2018
habbyjaino:
Congrats to your dad @preciousGemrubb... Please could you share the Timeline for his last application.. Thanks

[b][/b] Submitted on the 16th January
Granted 19th January
Passport ready for collection 23rd January
Picked up yesterday.
It's Priority application though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:42am On Jan 27, 2018
@sashaa

I mean in the employment letter you have right now how much is stated there as your salary?

To know the right amount to have.. you need to do a budget breakdown of your trip that will give you an idea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 5:17pm On Jan 27, 2018
please can someone who intend travelling in August submit an application in February/March?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:13pm On Jan 27, 2018
mavinc4u:
please can someone who intend travelling in August submit an application in February/March?

The rule is two months prior to your travel date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jossyking10: 10:47pm On Jan 27, 2018
ekpotek:

Sorry I am not familiar with Tier 2. However, common sense should suffice here. Why support your application with a document that will expire next month? What does it take to get a new TB certificate. I believed that this certificate is not only for the application but must also be valid at point of entry into the UK.
Thanks for your response Ekpotek. I read from the immigration rules that applicant should submit a valid tuberculosis certificate at the time of application. That is why I asked if it can be used once it has not expired. Please see the content of the rules as attached

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:04am On Jan 28, 2018
jossyking10:

Thanks for your response Ekpotek. I read from the immigration rules that applicant should submit a valid tuberculosis certificate at the time of application. That is why I asked if it can be used once it has not expired. Please see the content of the rules as attached

At the time of application could also refer to time of assessing your application which may be or may not be in February. Anyway if feel strongly against getting a new TB test, go ahead and reapply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by okus17: 11:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
Julify13:
Thank you....any link to the thread you could direct me to please?

its right there on there site when you login... checkbox on the left column you will see your preferred options..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by orepet: 10:57am On Jan 29, 2018
Please who else's place of issue states UKVI 01 on visit visa? All my previous visas showed Lagos as the place of issue. I'm due to travel in two days and I just want to confirm this isn't a mistake. Thank you.

Cc:@ justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:49pm On Jan 29, 2018
orepet:
Please who else's place of issue states UKVI 01 on visit visa? All my previous visas showed Lagos as the place of issue. I'm due to travel in two days and I just want to confirm this isn't a mistake. Thank you.

This should be the least of your problems, your visa can be issued anywhere it doesn't have to be at centre you made the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:00pm On Jan 29, 2018
orepet:

Not a mistake. UKVI 01 means Lagos. Mind was issued like yours and I have entered the UK several time without problem.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AmbivertMe: 8:40pm On Jan 29, 2018
Hi Gurus in the house,please if one states how much one spends on living expenses each month,should this correlate with withdrawals from bank account (to be submitted for the visa) each month?
Cc @justwise @ekpotek and other Gurus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nisola01: 12:33pm On Jan 30, 2018
Hi, anyone with exact information on the charge for UK visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sashaa(f): 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2018
justwise:
@sashaa

I mean in the employment letter you have right now how much is stated there as your salary?will get an introductory letter from Hr that will capture it

To know the right amount to have.. you need to do a budget breakdown of your trip that will give you an idea.thanx, will do that

Is the loan repayment going to be a problem? Any idea on that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Julify13: 10:04pm On Jan 30, 2018
Application timeline...

Submitted mom's application on 10th Jan 2018
Got a call from visa office on 17th Jan 2018
Message sent on 29th for collection
Collected on the 30th....2 years visit visa APPROVED

i just want to say may God bless all that have helped me so far during this application....@Justwise, @ekpotek and others i can't remember their names...i pray for God's continued blessings upon you..... now i can have my baby in peace.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ori777: 10:36pm On Jan 30, 2018
[quote author=sashaa post=64542230]Hello Everyone and greetings. I've gone through a lot of pages on the thread and i must commend all the gurus in the house. You guys are too much.

Hello, I would advise you try another country like Dubai, USA first in order to have a travel history. This will increase your chances. UK applications seem successful for single first time applicants if you are going for a specific reason like attending a sibling's wedding, graduation, or visiting a sibling. It's common to have the visa refused for lack of ties to Nigeria irrespective of funds available. Again there are exceptions to every rule. Best wishes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:05am On Jan 31, 2018
Julify13:
Application timeline...

Submitted mom's application on 10th Jan 2018
Got a call from visa office on 17th Jan 2018
Message sent on 29th for collection
Collected on the 30th....2 years visit visa APPROVED

i just want to say may God bless all that have helped me so far during this application....@Justwise, @ekpotek and others i can't remember their names...i pray for God's continued blessings upon you..... now i can have my baby in peace.

Congratulations!! I can only imagine the feeling.
Wishing you safe delivery.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.