Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,170 members, 7,849,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:03 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1544312 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lasisi69(f): 1:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
justwise:

I understand that but still it makes no sense to spend such amount for 3days holiday.

£30 a night hotel? Where in the UK?
Hi.... Good day ... A Brit who is my
friend wants to sponsor my trip to the UK for an
indefinite leave, what do we do and what are the
requirements... Urgent help please... Thanks
house

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by isogee: 2:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
abnot:

Before explaining kindly answer these two questions:
1. How did you come about the £3900 account balance ? Was it deposited at once or saved over time from your salary?
2. What is your travel history like ? Have you been to the UK or any other first world country recently
I have bn at my post for 4yrs...It is saved over 4yrs since I started work..
I presented 1yr bank statements
I v never travelled
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by isogee: 2:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
justwise:

It simply means that you can not afford the trip and the VO doesn't believe that the money found in your account is from your salary earnings.

Basically you borrowed money from elsewhere to boast your bank balance.
if I borrowed money from else where it will be money lodgement of which the VO will raised. these are money I have saved over 4yrs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by isogee: 2:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

There is no way a civil servant with 57k salary will receive a visa if he/she presents a statement of account with closing balance of N10m without properly demonstrating the source of funds.

The UKBA lay so much emphasis on how incomes are generated and applicants are selected randomly for visa interview, therefore if you do not support your application with paper evidence, how then do you explain to the ECO how funds in your account were generated?

It has been said severally on this thread that ALL sources of funds must be properly demonstrated and it's only through paper evidence since you're unlikely to be interviewed.

The poster's application was rejected because he/she failed to demonstrate that his/her employment/business that generates the stated income is substantial enough to bring him/her back to Ghana or neither was the ECO satisfied that the employment/business is subsisting and generates the said income.

In a nutshell poster was punished for money lodgement.
these money in my account are not saved for only a month or 6months, I started savings over 4yrs ....I have bn at this job for over 4yrs. I dont do any other work apart from this. I am accountant and I barely touch my salary bcoz, I dont pay rent, lunch is given free at work and I dont have any dependent...I dont understand the VO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lasisi69(f): 3:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
justwise:

I understand that but still it makes no sense to spend such amount for 3days holiday.

please, tell me what to do

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
lasisi69:
Hi.... Good day ... A Brit who is my
friend wants to sponsor my trip to the UK for an
indefinite leave, what do we do and what are the
requirements... Urgent help please... Thanks
house

Requirements to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lasisi69(f): 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
justwise:

Requirements to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR)?
yes and a UK citizen wants to sponsor me on that... If not possible, what other Visa category should I apply for.. . Thank u

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lucas12: 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
pls i want to know if i will need an invitation letter for uk visa renewal or i shld just submit my documents with the forms. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
lasisi69:
yes and a UK citizen wants to sponsor me on that... If not possible, what other Visa category should I apply for.. . Thank u

To qualify for that you need to have lived in the UK for at least 5 years on work visa or 10 years on student visa without leaving the UK for more than 90 days. ( this is just a brief summary).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:01pm On Jan 14, 2016
lucas12:
pls i want to know if i will need an invitation letter for uk visa renewal or i shld just submit my documents with the forms. thanks

..or hotel booking confirmation will do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lasisi69(f): 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
justwise:

To qualify for that you need to have lived in the UK for at least 5 years on work visa or 10 years on student visa without leaving the UK for more than 90 days. ( this is just a brief summary).
thanks for the feedback. .. But she wants to bring me to the UK to live with her, what do we do.. What kind of Visa category should we apply for

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 4:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
lasisi69:
@ blank... I wasn't asking u out... Just needed information but, u won't answer me

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
lasisi69:
thanks for the feedback. .. But she wants to bring me to the UK to live with her, what do we do.. What kind of Visa category should we apply for

She can't only if you are her husband.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lasisi69(f): 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
blank:

a British citizen wants to sponsor me to the UK to live with her.. . What kind of Visa category should we apply for.. . Thank u

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lasisi69(f): 4:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
justwise:

She can't only if you are her husband.
I understand, thank u... Maybe I would apply for a tourist Visa but then get married

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 4:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
lasisi69:
a British citizen wants to sponsor me to the UK to live with her.. . What kind of Visa category should we apply for.. . Thank u

I have no idea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lasisi69(f): 4:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
blank:

I have no idea.
thanks for being honest...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lucas12: 4:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
justwise:

..or hotel booking confirmation will do.
my expired visa is a family visitor visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ttmacoy: 4:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
Depending on your relationship you can apply for a Fiancée visa or Spouse visa if you are married.

The link to the requirements for Fiancée visa is below, but you must be able to prove you are in a relationship for at least 2 years. If she is really serious she may consider visiting you in Nigeria a couple of times over the 2 years as well as save correspondence and any other proof that you are in a relationship.

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/eligibility

lasisi69:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lasisi69(f): 4:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
ttmacoy:
Depending on your relationship you can apply for a Fiancée visa or Spouse visa if you are married.

The link to the requirements for Fiancée visa is below, but you must be able to prove you are in a relationship for at least 2 years. If she is really serious she may consider visiting you in Nigeria a couple of times over the 2 years as well as save correspondence and any other proof that you are in a relationship.

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/eligibility

Thank u so much.. That was helpful

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
lasisi69:
I understand, thank u... Maybe I would apply for a tourist Visa but then get married

..and then return to Nigeria to apply for spouse visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lasisi69(f): 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

..and then return to Nigeria to apply for spouse visa
sure thing... Thanks for your time.. . It was helpful

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
lasisi69:
sure thing... Thanks for your time.. . It was helpful

No worries
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
justwise:

@justwise My be she booked/reserved a room in a hostel. I dont know if hostel bookings are accepted by VO's though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kay1one2(m): 6:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
Quick question:
A friend of mine who i am applying for this visitor visa with for an exam just had a transfer of 400k to his account from a friend. Actually he asked for it. He has had a similar transfer of 600k in the past; 6months ago. Closing balance 800k. Its his salary account showing various salary inputs. Will this fly and with what explanation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
kay1one2:
Quick question:
A friend of mine who i am applying for this visitor visa with for an exam just had a transfer of 400k to his account from a friend. Actually he asked for it. He has had a similar transfer of 600k in the past; 6months ago. Closing balance 800k. Its his salary account showing various salary inputs. Will this fly and with what explanation?

It will not fly unless you can explain why the deposits are there.
They will just look like boosting your account.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kay1one2(m): 6:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
worry359:

It will not fly unless you can explain why the deposits are there.
They will just look like boosting your account.

Which acceptable reason(s) can be given for this?
Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 6:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
lasisi69:

You cannot marry on a tourist visa only on a marriage visitor visa, and if she is as you said your friend, then how will you prove relationship, because you will need to do so for a spouse visa.

Another option is to apply for a fiance visa and get married in the UK then apply for FLR(M) before the 6 months is up on the fiance visa, this you need to supply all the evidence you would have for the spouse visa option from Nigeria.

If you apply for a tourist/visitor visa you have to show strong ties to Nigeria that will show you will return.

im sure @Justwise will clarify smiley

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2016
Portsmouth86:

You cannot marry on a tourist visa only on a marriage visitor visa, and if she is as you said your friend, then how will you prove relationship, because you will need to do so for a spouse visa.

Another option is to apply for a fiance visa and get married in the UK then apply for FLR(M) before the 6 months is up on the fiance visa, this you need to supply all the evidence you would have for the spouse visa option from Nigeria.

If you apply for a tourist/visitor visa you have to show strong ties to Nigeria that will show you will return.

I'm sure @Justwise will clarify smiley

Not better than you have grin though trying to get married in the Uk while on visiting visa is waste of time and money.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lasisi69(f): 7:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
Portsmouth86:

im sure @Justwise will clarify smiley
thanks so much... I appreciate...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 10:57am On Jan 15, 2016
Hi everyone, in the employment and income section of the general visit visa application. I have come accross the question "Type of work

undertaken". Please what does it mean? In the job title/rank/description section I typed in "Software Developer" but not sure I

understand what "Type of work undertaken" means in this context.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 1:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
That's your role at your company. Eg Area Manager or Head of Operations
abnot:
Hi everyone, in the employment and income section of the general visit visa application. I have come accross the question "Type of work

undertaken". Please what does it mean? In the job title/rank/description section I typed in "Software Developer" but not sure I

understand what "Type of work undertaken" means in this context.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.