Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535104 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 11:38am On Jan 21, 2016
Bostin:
You dont get it ma'am, yes am depositing it myself just want to know if any meaningful explanation will convince the ECO with my above previous travel history and the present Education and work. Suggestions are highly welcome on my status for a successful TRV.

Rather than trying to make up stories!
Have you thought of TELLING THE TRUTH?
You know where it came from, no one here does!
I know it is strange to some people but TELLING THE TRUTH often works best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bostin(m): 12:08pm On Jan 21, 2016
worry359:

Rather than trying to make up stories!
Have you thought of TELLING THE TRUTH?
You know where it came from, no one here does!
I know it is strange to some people but TELLING THE TRUTH often works best.
Ooh you see that as trying to make a lie? Lol! Anyway I thought its not necessary telling stories about the money since I already indicated am self employed with not regular income. Ok the money is a recovered debt from a long time debtor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Iziy: 5:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
I work as a Business development cordinator but not on a salary as am on comissions. I want to travel to the UK on a business visit, can anyone give me advice. most esp Justwise please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2016
Iziy:
I work as a Business development cordinator but not on a salary as am on comissions. I want to travel to the UK on a business visit, can anyone give me advice. most esp Justwise please

Who will be sponsoring the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kingsalem: 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2016
Please what is the current fee for a 'Tier 2 (General) shortage jobs up to 3 years' visa for someone applying in Nigeria with dependents?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Iziy: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2016
justwise:

I will be sponsoring the Trip. The Business Trip is persona and where I work has no ties at all to the purpose of the Trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 6:35pm On Jan 21, 2016
boseko:
I need your advice.

My visa application was refused because the ECO didn't believe I was employed.

I provided the following:
Posting letter
Letter of introduction
Leave letter
Statement of account

What other evidence can I provide?

I suggest you RE-APPLY

Also include a copy of your staff ID and any old office document that bears your name.

I heard of someone that was refused for not providing Invitation Letter meanwhile Invitation Letter was in his application, he re-applied and got his visa.

Best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:45pm On Jan 21, 2016
Iziy:

I will be sponsoring the Trip. The Business Trip is persona and where I work has no ties at all to the purpose of the Trip

Ok, did you sign any contract with your current company stating that you will be paid by commission? If yes, how is the commission paid? Through the bank or cash in hand?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Iziy: 6:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
justwise:

Ok, did you sign any contract with your current company stating that you will be paid by commission? If yes, how is the commission paid? Through the bank or cash in hand?

Yes, there is a Memorandum Of Understanding and its paid to my personal account. I had Just returned from the UK after my studies also when I got the Work offer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
Iziy:

Yes, there is a Memorandum Of Understanding and its paid to my personal account. I had Just returned from the UK after my studies also when I got the Work offer

Ok cool, you got a good profile then. You need to explain the commission arrangement in your application form and attach the Memorandum Of Understanding.

You need to give the full detail of the training and financial breakdown during your stay in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Iziy: 7:08pm On Jan 21, 2016
justwise:

Ok cool, you got a good profile then. You need to explain the commission arrangement in your application form and attach the Memorandum Of Understanding.

You need to give the full detail of the training and financial breakdown during your stay in the UK.

Excellent and Thanks for your help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:23pm On Jan 21, 2016
Iziy:

Excellent and Thanks for your help

No worries, all the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olajiggar(m): 8:33pm On Jan 21, 2016
Hello guys,my issue is that I ws refused uk visa back in 2011, have since misplaced the copy of refusal. Pls how can I get another copy? Have mailed nigerian uk embassy in Lag and Abj but its been difficult getting a response from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
olajiggar:
Hello guys,my issue is that I ws refused uk visa back in 2011, have since misplaced the copy of refusal. Pls how can I get another copy? Have mailed nigerian uk embassy in Lag and Abj but its been difficult getting a response from them.

What do you need the refusal letter for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olajiggar(m): 9:55pm On Jan 21, 2016
I need it to apply for another visa, I mentioned it in my application and I have been told to provide it...then I was billed to perform with my band then, just before the London Riot 2011, I remember the agent incharge then mentioned something like the application was made "too close to the event" but am sure it wasn't big deal then cos the rest of the band has since been travelling...I only have the Ref. No. And passport number.

Ps, have also tried getting something from the agent but he can't find the mails too...how can I get another copy. If there is a way I wouldn't mind. I am sure there ws nothing shaddy abt the application then...am sure 100%
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:15pm On Jan 21, 2016
olajiggar:
I need it to apply for another visa, I mentioned it in my application and I have been told to provide it...then I was billed to perform with my band then, just before the London Riot 2011, I remember the agent incharge then mentioned something like the application was made "too close to the event" but am sure it wasn't big deal then cos the rest of the band has since been travelling...I only have the Ref. No. And passport number.

Ps, have also tried getting something from the agent but he can't find the mails too...how can I get another copy. If there is a way I wouldn't mind. I am sure there ws nothing shaddy abt the application then...am sure 100%

I don't know who told you to get it but the embassy don't need it and don't ask for it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olajiggar(m): 11:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
I guess that means I can't get it back once its misplaced?

Thanks for your time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:43pm On Jan 21, 2016
olajiggar:
I guess that means I can't get it back once its misplaced?

Thanks for your time

The embassy wouldn't reissued that to you. You don't need it for visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by scole435: 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
pls put me through am new here,i just want to apply for UK 6 months visiting visa,which i intend to travel with my brother who is also applying for 5 years visiting visa am still an undergraduate university student pls what are the document i need to submit on my own side
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
scole435:
pls put me through am new here,i just want to apply for UK 6 months visiting visa,which i intend to travel with my brother who is also applying for 5 years visiting visa am still an undergraduate university student pls what are the document i need to submit on my own side

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 7:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
justwise:

I don't know who told you to get it but the embassy don't need it and don't ask for it.

I think he doesn't know the reason he was banned thus he needs the slip to know what to write for his reason for being banned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2016
blank:

I think he doesn't know the reason he was banned thus he needs the slip to know what to write for his reason for being banned.

More likely
People who tell the truth can remember their story.
People who use un-truths have trouble remembering what they said.

All he needs to do is say he was banned but can not remember the exact reason.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
blank:

Probably but acknowledging the refusal alone will help and state that he can't remember exactly why he was refused will do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bummi101: 11:25am On Jan 23, 2016
Hello fam,

I have a question . I want to apply for a uk visa . All my documentation to support my application are ready . My proposed travel is during Easter that in March . Is it too late to book an interview date for my visa application in February ? My major question is that my passports expires on the 16 of July . Can I still u the passport to apply or do a new passport ,note I still have other countries visa on my passport that are not even closed to been expired kindly advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 12:44pm On Jan 23, 2016
You need to renew your passport. UKVI standard is 6 months validity minimum.
Bummi101:
Hello fam,

I have a question . I want to apply for a uk visa . All my documentation to support my application are ready . My proposed travel is during Easter that in March . Is it too late to book an interview date for my visa application in February ? My major question is that my passports expires on the 16 of July . Can I still u the passport to apply or do a new passport ,note I still have other countries visa on my passport that are not even closed to been expired kindly advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 8:07pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hi everyone , please what duration should the bank statement am submitting cover ? Should it be up to the day am submitting my application or up to a few days before submission?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelpoint: 6:21am On Jan 24, 2016
Aibisoye0:
You need to renew your passport. UKVI standard is 6 months validity minimum.
If I were you I will get a new passport so that your passport can have at least 6 months validity by time you are entering UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mojisolani: 2:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
I have a question pls,I applied for a family visit 2014,as at that time my balance was 174,190.73{£632) and I stated that I have (£545) available for my trip, which is for my ticket because my brother stated that he would be taken care of my stay and feeding and I was denied due to insufficient fund,and as at that time my salary was 100k but now I want to reapply again but this time a family friend would be inviting me with this document listed
copy of his passport
copy if his resident permit
his tenancy agreement
pay slips
bank statement
and he also deposited (£500) to my account and uk trip
and stated in his letter that he is sponsoring my trip to the uk
on my part I run my own business
statement account covering above 6month with balance of 400k
CAC
tax clearance
allocation letter
ID card
pls what are my chances?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 6:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hi everyone, Please find below the letter of introduction given to me from my place of work . Are its contents ideal/sufficient for a typical introduction letter for a staff seeking a short stay visit visa?

Dear Sir/Madam,

LETTER OF INTRODUCTION – xxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx Nigeria Limited writes to introduce Mr. xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx who works with the company as a software engineer.
Mr. xxxxx intends to spend seven days of his annual leave from March 20 – 27, 2016 in London, United Kingdom.

Mr. xxxxx will be travelling to the UK with his Nigerian passport which has the following personal data:
Name : xxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
Nationality : Nigerian
Date of Birth : October 21, 1990
Passport No : Axxxxxxxx
Date of Issue : October 5, 2014
Date of Expiry : October 4, 2019
Place of Issue : London, UK

It would be appreciated if he is granted a visa for this purpose.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxx xxxxxxxx (Mrs)
HR Executive
For and on Behalf of
xxxxxxx Nigeria Limited

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 6:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
abnot:
Hi everyone, Please find below the letter of introduction given to me from my place of work . Are its contents ideal/sufficient for a typical introduction letter for a staff seeking a short stay visit visa?
What the letter needs to say is
You are employed at company xxxxx
You will be taking permitted leave.
That you will return to your job after the holiday.

It does not need your passport details.
This letter act as one of your strong ties to return home after the visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
@worry359 okay thanks . Please provide me with a full template so I can take to HR to amend . Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mojisolani: 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
@justwise pls I need urgent answer to my above questions pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.