Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,940 members, 7,828,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1534677 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 3:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
kay1one2:

Where u posted to military barracks?

No oohhh . Was posted to a tech company
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
In the whole world outside Nigeria
NO ONE CARES ABOUT NYSC!
Forget it, do not bother menioning it.
You have NOT done military service.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kay1one2(m): 4:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
abnot:

No oohhh . Was posted to a tech company

I bet u knw d ans by now!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
AZUH:
frontpagelawyer , justwise n gurus in the house , last year june my visa application was rejected after that a friend i meet at the embassy asked me to register my business of which i did , i got my certificate last three weeks and my business is now limited liability company with 1m shares . i have started working on the name since when its approved at cac , i have my invoice and receipts , please what is the next step ? should i transfer money monthly in my saves account ? i am really confuse on what to do next please help me out i want to re-apply again by september . thanks

You lost me there, the business you just registered is now limited liability company with 1m share? Please explain.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 7:57am On Jan 18, 2016
worry359:
In the whole world outside Nigeria
NO ONE CARES ABOUT NYSC!
Forget it, do not bother menioning it.
You have NOT done military service.

Okay . Many thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AZUH: 11:40am On Jan 18, 2016
@justwise

You lost me there, the business you just registered is now limited liability company with 1m share? Please explain. No if you want to register a limited liability company (LTD) there is the one for 400 share,500shares and 1m shares which the highest. Mine is 1m shares . Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AZUH: 12:10pm On Jan 18, 2016
@frontpagelawyer "thanks n No didn't register the company because of visa, yes I have all my business and invoice. Please sir my ques is this. If I pay my self salary from my company account to other saves account. Do I need the keep the salary for the sake of my trip or can I withdraw it anytime I want? Secondly I have being doing this business for 7yrs now(not registered) my problem is this. When I submitted the co name. After three days it was approved I didn't wait for one month to get my certificate . I changed my invoice and started using the new company name . Do I need to explain to them that I started working on the name when it was approved at cac? Or I should start all over again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
AZUH:
@justwise

You lost me there, the business you just registered is now limited liability company with 1m share? Please explain. No if you want to register a limited liability company (LTD) there is the one for 400 share,500shares and 1m shares which the highest. Mine is 1m shares . Thanks.

Ok i get that now.

Your company is not ripped to be used as tie to Nigeria. You need to be trading for at least one year and pay tax on your earnings then the ECO will be able to determine strength of your company.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tjay0584(m): 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
Pls how do I get to Tlscontact at VI frm oshodi.tnks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 7:03am On Jan 19, 2016
From oshodi enter Ajah.... Drop at Law school bust stop tell the conductor law school wa o. Drop then walk back a little going to under the bridge before the bridge a junction turn left walk a bit turn left again then first turning on the right just after kings college you will see church gate towers.

Hope this helps....
tjay0584:
Pls how do I get to Tlscontact at VI frm oshodi.tnks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tinyemeka(m): 7:18am On Jan 19, 2016
Good morning all.

I've been looking for a source to download family visit visa form VAF1B in PDF. All I've been seeing are student visas and others.

Would appreciate assistance from the house please.

CC. Justwise

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tjay0584(m): 8:05am On Jan 19, 2016
Thanks alot
Aibisoye0:
From oshodi enter Ajah.... Drop at Law school bust stop tell the conductor law school wa o. Drop then walk back a little going to under the bridge before the bridge a junction turn left walk a bit turn left again then first turning on the right just after kings college you will see church gate towers.

Hope this helps....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 9:26am On Jan 19, 2016
Download ke? Everything is filled online then sent and printed by you for submission. No more Biro filling. Go to https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

Tinyemeka:
Good morning all.

I've been looking for a source to download family visit visa form VAF1B in PDF. All I've been seeing are student visas and others.

Would appreciate assistance from the house please.

CC. Justwise

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tinyemeka(m): 9:28am On Jan 19, 2016
justwise:

Ok i get that now.

Your company is not ripped to be used as tie to Nigeria. You need to be trading for at least one year and pay tax on your earnings then the ECO will be able to determine strength of your company.
Good morning sir. How do I get form VAF1B in PDF please? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:37pm On Jan 19, 2016
Tinyemeka:

Good morning sir. How do I get form VAF1B in PDF please? Thanks.

You need to apply for the 'Standard Visitor visa' just as @Aibisoye0 advised you which is applied for on the visa4uk site

source: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
apply at: https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the:

Family Visitor visa
General Visitor visa
Child Visitor visa
Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
Sports Visitor visa
Entertainer Visitor visa
Prospective Entrepreneur visa
Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa

Apply online for a UK visa to visit, work, study or join a family member or partner (eg spouse) already in the UK.

The only Country that can not apply online is North Korea whom has to instead fill out the VISIT AND SHORT TERM STAY VAF1A APRIL 2015

the form you are requesting is no longer used it is now the form as quoted above for North Korea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tinyemeka(m): 5:25pm On Jan 19, 2016
Aibisoye0:
Download ke? Everything is filled online then sent and printed by you for submission. No more Biro filling. Go to https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

Thanks. Thought I could download the form and fill offline.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bummi101: 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2016
Hello,

I have a couple of clarification I need . I am trying to fill my visa form online .

I applied for a uk tourist visa in 2008 , I was refused ,at the time I did that application I was a student in uni . Now I want to apply for a tourist visa for 7days , when filling the form online , there was a question they asked , have you ever been refused a uk visa . I clicked YES. Now

Please enter details of the type of refusal and reason for refusal?

I can't remember what the reason was 'whether it was insufficient funds from sponsor or not . To be honest I can't remember .the only thing I have is the refusal stamp with a number .

Kindly advise the best way to answer that question

2)what is the cost of you personally for this trip ?( does it mean total money ?

3) total amount I have for this trip ?does it mean all the money in my budget for the trip?

4) the cost of your living expenses ( is it the other cost in my budget[local transportation , feeding , tourist attraction ,shopping ] I.e money set aside apart from the flight and accomdation because there is already a place in the form gnat they ask for cost of your flight and accomdation

5) what does type of work undertaken mean ? I am a banker
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by boseko: 7:03am On Jan 20, 2016
Gurus in the house, how soon can one reapply for a visa provided that the reason for the refusal can be countered with evidence.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:25am On Jan 20, 2016
boseko:
Gurus in the house, how soon can one reapply for a visa provided that the reason for the refusal can be countered with evidence.

there is no time scale smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:44am On Jan 20, 2016
boseko:

You can reapply same day if you can address reasons for refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:09am On Jan 20, 2016
Bummi101:
Hello,

I have a couple of clarification I need . I am trying to fill my visa form online .

I applied for a uk tourist visa in 2008 , I was refused ,at the time I did that application I was a student in uni . Now I want to apply for a tourist visa for 7days , when filling the form online , there was a question they asked , have you ever been refused a uk visa . I clicked YES. Now

Please enter details of the type of refusal and reason for refusal?

I can't remember what the reason was 'whether it was insufficient funds from sponsor or not . To be honest I can't remember .the only thing I have is the refusal stamp with a number .

Write. "Do not know" you won't be penalised for this. It is an integrity test designed to assess an applicant's tendency to be honest, trustworthy, and dependable.

Kindly advise the best way to answer that question

2)what is the cost of you personally for this trip ?( does it mean total money ?

If you don't have a partial sponsor, then input your total budget for the trip.

3) total amount I have for this trip ?does it mean all the money in my budget for the trip?

Same with number 2. Flight, accommodation, feeding, transportation, shopping, miscellaneous.

4) the cost of your living expenses ( is it the other cost in my budget[local transportation , feeding , tourist attraction ,shopping ] I.e money set aside apart from the flight and accomdation because there is already a place in the form gnat they ask for cost of your flight and accomdation

This is the money you're spending in the UK which does not include flight. I:e accommodation, feeding, transportation, sightseeing, shopping and what have you.

5) what does type of work undertaken mean ? I am a banker

You're a banker and if there's a column to describe your duties, then do that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by boseko: 10:24am On Jan 20, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

You can reapply same day if you can address reasons for refusal.

Okay. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by boseko: 11:20am On Jan 20, 2016
I need your advice.

My visa application was refused because the ECO didn't believe I was employed.

I provided the following:
Posting letter
Letter of introduction
Leave letter
Statement of account

What other evidence can I provide?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by diegwu01: 11:55am On Jan 20, 2016
i have some friend running late for a visa appointment at TLS because of delayed flight, what should he do if he gets there and is refused entry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2016
boseko:
I need your advice.

My visa application was refused because the ECO didn't believe I was employed.

I provided the following:
Posting letter
Letter of introduction
Leave letter
Statement of account

What other evidence can I provide?

Kindly explain what you mean by posting letter , letter of introduction and leave letter. Also are your salaries paid into the bank account whose statement you submitted? Thirdly what countries have you been to in recent years?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by boseko: 12:27pm On Jan 20, 2016
abnot:

Kindly explain what you mean by posting letter , letter of introduction and leave letter. Also are your salaries paid into the bank account whose statement you submitted? Thirdly what countries have you been to in recent years?

Posting letter: letter from my employer (a government agency ) posting me to my present place of work

Letter of introduction : letter from my place of work addressed to the UK embassy and identifying me as an employee

Leave letter: letter from employer showing that I'll be on leave during my proposed period of travel

Yes. The account showed the salary being paid in.

I also supplied payslips for 6 month period.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 12:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
tHEN YOU PROBABLY SHOULD APPEAL THE DECISION IF THE VISA APLLICATION IS NOT URGENT OTHERWISE YOU REAPPLY
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 1:21pm On Jan 20, 2016
diegwu01:
i have some friend running late for a visa appointment at TLS because of delayed flight, what should he do if he gets there and is refused entry

1 See if someone will accept a "gift" to get him seen.
2 Try to book another appointment (again a "gift" might help things to go quickly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bostin(m): 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2016
Great Nairalanders please I need to ask this, as a Nigeria university current student with UK previous travel history willing to visit UK again but a self employed with no regular income, though he will be getting 500k to his bank statement to apply for the visit visa. Please advice how to explain this huge deposit into his account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 21, 2016
Bostin:
Great Nairalanders please I need to ask this, as a Nigeria university current student with UK previous travel history willing to visit UK again but a self employed with no regular income, though he will be getting 500k to his bank statement to apply for the visit visa. Please advice how to explain this huge deposit into his account.

Are you asking us how to explain money deposited IN YOUR OWN ACCOUNT.

Isn't it your account
Don't you know who deposited it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bostin(m): 11:25am On Jan 21, 2016
salsera:

Are you asking us how to explain money deposited IN YOUR OWN ACCOUNT.

Isn't it your account
Don't you know who deposited it.

You dont get it ma'am, yes am depositing it myself just want to know if any meaningful explanation will convince the ECO with my above previous travel history and the present Education and work. Suggestions are highly welcome on my status for a successful TRV.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.