Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532284 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2018
PrechyJoe:

I think it is the reason your application it's been delayed(I am not sure ooo) . You are supposed to register on the TLS platform

I got your mail, I replied.. Lets chat

I wrote to u on WA.. let's chat
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I'm wondering though.... Are you the one that did and submitted this your application by yourself? How did you skip the TLS phase if you did? Or is it just that you don't know your way round checking of status? Login and click on the first item on your left that reads "Track My Application", you then should see it....

I actually didn't fill my application myself.. I did with the help of an agent who normally fills my visa application form when I intend travelling.. so I just got the printed copies and attaches my documents to submit. Though I have tried registering on TLS to login and track my application which I did but I don't seem to get any feedback. So I guess I didn't register properly. But I got the first email from shefo.gov that my application has been received and is prepared for an ECO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oshey9999: 3:30pm On Jun 22, 2018
PrechyJoe:

Mine has ticked "Decision Made"

So I will just have to wait for mail from TLS.

@PrechyJoe: When did you submit your application? I did my biometrics for 6 month visit visa on June 12. My TLS profile has been showing that my application has been received by UKVI since June 13 (a day after my biometrics). However, I just received an email today from the UK Decision making Center stating that my online application has been received and is now being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer. Does that mean they just received my application?

I have been expecting them to contact my sponsor since last week, as my sponsor was contacted after three days of biometrics in my previous two refusals. I have confidence in this application and would not be bothered as much by whatever outcomes because I already secured a Canadian student visa and was just staying for two weeks in the UK with my brother enroute to Canada. Also, I have lived in Europe and came back to Naija since my last refusals in 2014.

Please let me know if your application timeline progresses as mine. Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2018
Oshey9999:

@PrechyJoe: When did you submit your application? I did my biometrics for 6 month visit visa on June 12. My TLS profile has been showing that my application has been received by UKVI since June 13 (a day after my biometrics). However, I just received an email today from the UK Decision making Center stating that my online application has been received and is now being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer. Does that mean they just received my application?

I have been expecting them to contact my sponsor since last week, as my sponsor was contacted after three days of biometrics in my previous two refusals. I have confidence in this application and would not be bothered as much by whatever outcomes because I already secured a Canadian student visa and was just staying for two weeks in the UK with my brother enroute to Canada. Also, I have lived in Europe and came back to Naija since my last refusals in 2014.

Please let me know if your application timeline progresses as mine. Thanks!

Let me quickly ask a question. Are you using return ticket or just one way to uk then on ward ticket to Canada?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fullmoononly: 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2018
Hello Gurus,
Please help me, I am trying to fill the UK standard visitor's form but I don't know how to add my middle name in the form.

I attached the screenshot of the page here. Please help review and comment on where I will type in my middle name or other name which is different from my first and last names. Thank you.

Logically, I meant I want to type in 3 names, but there are slots for just 2 names, so where do I add the third name?
Thank you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oshey9999: 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2018
mavinc4u:

Let me quickly ask a question. Are you using return ticket or just one way to uk then on ward ticket to Canada?

I know I will be buying a one way ticket from UK to Canada. I'm just waiting the outcome of the UK visa. I know students are not required to buy round trip tickets but I'm not sure of the visiting in my case. Do you foresee any problem in buying a one way ticket to UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2018
fullmoononly:
Hello Gurus,
Please help me, I am trying to fill the UK standard visitor's form but I don't know how to add my middle name in the form.

I attached the screenshot of the page here. Please help review and comment on where I will type in my middle name or other name which is different from my first and last names. Thank you.

Logically, I meant I want to type in 3 names, but there are slots for just 2 names, so where do I add the third name?
Thank you.

Write the 2 names on the given names, write the first name then give space before writing your second name.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2018
fullmoononly:
Hello Gurus,

Thank you.

The instruction at the bottom of the screenshot stated that you add your middle name to your first name in the given name section.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fullmoononly: 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2018
dcutey:

The instruction at the bottom of the screenshot stated that you add your middle name to your first name in the given name section.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fullmoononly: 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2018
mavinc4u:

Write the 2 names on the given names, write the first name then give space before writing your second name.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 7:04pm On Jun 22, 2018
Oshey9999:

I know I will be buying a one way ticket from UK to Canada. I'm just waiting the outcome of the UK visa. I know students are not required to buy round trip tickets but I'm not sure of the visiting in my case. Do you foresee any problem in buying a one way ticket to UK?

I don't know if it works for Nigeria that is why am asking. I know other countries can visit uk with one way ticket and onward ticket to another country as long as they have evidence to show that they are leaving the visiting country after their visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:11pm On Jun 22, 2018
Oshey9999:

Get a multicity ticket LOS-LHR-YYZ for instance or you get two separate tickets LOS-LHR and LHR-YYZ respectively for example too. Most important thing is to have an onward ticket and in your case as a student it is even understandable if you don't have a ticket for the Canada-Nigeria leg, but be in possession of an onward ticket out of the UK to Canada when you show up at the UK Port of Entry....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oshey9999: 7:16pm On Jun 22, 2018
Yes, that's what I plan to do once the UK Visa is out. The ticket prices have been going up but I have no choice than to wait until visa is out. I hope I will hear from them next week so that I can buy tickets.

Thanks for the advice. I don't mind if suggest a way to get cheap tickets as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lavicollins(m): 10:22pm On Jun 22, 2018
I got an invitation through my uncle who is a British Transport Police, I'm single, had not travel history. What documents do I need and how can I run it without any agent? Please enlighten me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 10:22pm On Jun 22, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Get a multicity ticket LOS-LHR-YYZ for instance or you get two separate tickets LOS-LHR and LHR-YYZ respectively for example too. Most important thing is to have an onward ticket and in your case as a student it is even understandable if you don't have a ticket for the Canada-Nigeria leg, but be in possession of an onward ticket out of the UK to Canada when you show up at the UK Port of Entry....

Have you tried it from Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Arbitrix: 11:21pm On Jun 22, 2018
Oshey9999:
Yes, that's what I plan to do once the UK Visa is out. The ticket prices have been going up but I have no choice than to wait until visa is out. I hope I will hear from them next week so that I can buy tickets.

Thanks for the advice. I don't mind if suggest a way to get cheap tickets as well.

Am I the only one that buys my ticket in January/February even when I don't have a visa? Tickets are so much cheaper beginning of the year. Has worked for me so far sha.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edmasta01: 12:13am On Jun 23, 2018
So my mums visa application to come and visit me and my family for a one month visit to see her grandson (5 month old) on holiday was refused.

Attached is the refusal letter.

She is not a first timer. She has visited us in the UK before back in 2011 to attend our marriage blessing (wedding) and she only spent two weeks which was what she quoted on her application form at the time.

Here are the documents that I submitted:

1. Invitation letter
2. My British passport
3. 6 month pay slip from work
4. My Son's birth certificate
5. My current account statement (with balance of less than £100)
6. My Savings account statement (with balance of a little over £7,000 pounds)
7. My wife account (where all our household expenses are debited from)

8. My mortgage statement (to prove my residence)

9. 11 months worldremit money transfer receipts (I send N50,000 each to my dad and mum every month for their upkeep.
I also include a money transfer receipt from february this year showing that I sent home money to pay their rent at the flat that they live in).

My mum submitted the following documents

1. Her bank statement (that reflect the monthly 50k money transfer I do through the agent into her account every month)

2. My dads bank statement (that shows that I send the same amount to my dad too)

3. A letter from my dad stating that he is giving permission for my mum to visit us in the UK for one month

4. A copy of my dads passport showing that they bear the same last name (they don't have a marriage cert. They married under traditional marriage)

In the invitation letter, I stated that I will be funding her trip from Lagos to Nigeria to heathrow and to my house and back to Nigeria at the end of the trip using the money saved in my savings account (i quoted the account number).

I also said that my parents are dependent on me and I send them regular stipends (with the money transfer proof and their bank statement to show it) as they are older (dad is in his 70''s) and do not have any form of income like pension.

I also mentioned that she will be staying the entire trip at our residence. And i mentioned that I have earmarked the sum of £3,500 out of the funds available in my in my HSBC savings account for her trip.

I gave a detailed budget below:

Flight Ticket and Airport Transfer £1,000
Grocery/Food shopping £600 (for four weeks)
Visit to attractions £500
Stipends (for her to spend) £750
Travel Insurance £150
Miscellaneous £500

Can you good people in the house help me look over this and suggest what I can do to resolve the issues that the ECO raised. Thanks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Diti94(f): 1:48am On Jun 23, 2018
Good evening all, ardent follower of this thread. I apologize for the potentially long post. God bless everyone for their good works and thanks @justwise for creating this platform.
I am a student in Europe, full time. my school is now on break and I applied for a UK visa to spend time with brother and family last month. Unfortunately, my visa was refused AGAIN for the second time in 6months. for the latest, I was notified via email with a PDF attachment yesterday. I have not received my passport yet.

1. Applicant’s current original passport and copies of other passports with my travel history-visa stamps
2. Applicant’s proof of legal residence in study country (residence permit)
3. Applicant’s confirmation letter from school stating student status and holiday period
4. Applicant’s student ID and academic transcripts.
5. Invitation letter from brother.
6. Brother’s bio data page and proof of legal status in the UK(He's a British Citizen)
7. Brother’s 6 months bank statement and council tax bill
8. Printed online application form and checklist.
9. Applicant’s bank statement of 6 months.
10. Applicant’s housing agreements (for my flat)
11. Applicant’s study agreement.
12. Applicant’s chat history of about two years with my brother(217 pages).
13. Some pictures of me with my brother and his family
14. Cover letter explaining ANYTHING that may not be clear and my holiday plans to go shopping, sightseeing and so on. my brother stated I'd have 2000 pounds to spend on my holidays.

PLEASE NOTE- I did not mention my "mother" at any point except for the part of the form that stated parents details. My mum is retired and my brother has been responsible for me. This is a serious oversight from the ECO just like in the first refusal where he said i did not plan to stay with my brother which i clearly stated otherwise in my cover letter and application form. I stated i was a non-working student and all my expenses are FULLY taken care of by my brother with proof of my bank statement with money transfers from my brother which I HIGHLIGHTED. Why are they referring to him as a UK Sponsor? He is my eldest brother and also included both our birth certificates. i have no right to admin review and my brother plans to call and send emails to them for this oversight. Cos i am not sure my application was looked at at all.
Please I really need your opinion and insight sirs @justwise @ekpotek and all other gurus. THANKS AND GOD BLESS!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 5:50am On Jun 23, 2018
Good morning all,
Please kindly assist me in the documents to be submited for uk standard visitor : tourism application.

Scenerio: husband (employed), wife (unemployed), no children and they dont have anybody in uk.

Please what documents are they going to submit.

Please please please very very URGENT URGENT.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 5:59am On Jun 23, 2018
I have said it before, the VO most times do not consider funds in your UK savings account when they process visa applications. To them, funds in a savings account is not readily available to you so they will only consider the balance in your current account which in this case is already in debit as stated in the letter. This i feel is the major reason why she was denied the visa.

edmasta01:
So my mums visa application to come and visit me and my family for a one month visit to see her grandson (5 month old) on holiday was refused.

She is not a first timer. She has visited us in the UK before back in 2011 to attend our marriage blessing (wedding) and she only spent two weeks which was what she quoted on her application form at the time.

1. Invitation letter
2. My British passport

9. 11 months worldremit money transfer receipts (I send N50,000 each to my dad and mum every month for their upkeep.
I also include a money transfer receipt from february this year showing that I sent home money to pay their rent at the flat that they live in).

1. Her bank statement (that reflect the monthly 50k money transfer I do through the agent into her account every month)

2. My dads bank statement (that shows that I send the same amount to my dad too)

3. A letter from my dad stating that he is giving permission for my mum to visit us in the UK for one month

4. A copy of my dads passport showing that they bear the same last name (they don't have a marriage cert. They married under traditional marriage)

In the invitation letter, I stated that I will be funding her trip from Lagos to Nigeria to heathrow and to my house and back to Nigeria at the end of the trip using the money saved in my savings account (i quoted the account number).

I also said that my parents are dependent on me and I send them regular stipends (with the money transfer proof and their bank statement to show it) as they are older (dad is in his 70''s) and do not have any form of income like pension.

I also mentioned that she will be staying the entire trip at our residence. And i mentioned that I have earmarked the sum of £3,500 out of the funds available in my in my HSBC savings account for her trip.

Travel Insurance £150
Miscellaneous £500

Can you good people in the house help me look over this and suggest what I can do to resolve the issues that the ECO raised. Thanks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edmasta01: 6:30am On Jun 23, 2018
Endlessgrace:
I have said it before, the VO most times do not consider funds in your UK savings account when they process visa applications. To them, funds in a savings account is not readily available to you so they will only consider the balance in your current account which in this case is already in debit as stated in the letter. This i feel is the major reason why she was denied the visa.

So what exactly is the remedy to this situation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 6:49am On Jun 23, 2018
Endlessgrace:

I dont understand ds savings account issue.

What of person that has only savings account in nigeria, wont they grant visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 6:50am On Jun 23, 2018
opomulero:
Good morning all,
Please kindly assist me in the documents to be submited for uk standard visitor : tourism application.

Scenerio: husband (employed), wife (unemployed), no children and they dont have anybody in uk.

Please what documents are they going to submit.

Please please please very very URGENT URGENT.

Any info please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lavicollins(m): 7:29am On Jun 23, 2018
I got an invitation through my uncle who is a British Transport Police, he will be the one accommodating me and catering for me when I get there. I'm single, i have no travel history. What documents do I need and how can I apply for visa? I'm a novice, Please enlighten me as this is very urgent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Africankel(m): 8:28am On Jun 23, 2018
Dear friends, I'd like to be clear on an information. I've in the past used TLS Victoria Island without paying a fee.I'm now made to understand there's a fee for VI and none for Ikeja.

Kindly confirm this information. Also let me know how much is required.

Best Regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 8:28am On Jun 23, 2018
edmasta01:

1. Invitation letter
2. My British passport

Travel Insurance £150
Miscellaneous £500

In my opinion I think u need to write a cover letter to explain why the debit of £64 in March, then maybe transfer the money u wish to use on ur mom from ur savings account to ur current account then have ur bank to give u a reference letter which shows dat the said amount is easily available to u.. then attach all other documents... Just my opinion but u can try and get a more accurate answer from the gurus.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 8:37am On Jun 23, 2018
If you could move funds to your current account to show it’s readily available for use, that would be better. Also if its possible for you to send some amount to your mum’s naira account back home to cover some of her travelling expenses like flight ticket and mention that in your letter, that was what i did when i invited my sister.

edmasta01:

So what exactly is the remedy to this situation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 8:39am On Jun 23, 2018
Please go through my comment and you will notice I specified UK savings accounts not Nigeria. Our banking systems works slightly differently.

opomulero:

I dont understand ds savings account issue.

What of person that has only savings account in nigeria, wont they grant visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 8:43am On Jun 23, 2018
Endlessgrace:
Please go through my comment and you will notice I specified UK savings accounts not Nigeria. Our banking systems works slightly differently.

U are right I think the UK savings account is not easily accessed unlike the Nigeria Savings account. Cos they have no issues when u provide a savings account here unlike the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by onyihoney03: 8:51am On Jun 23, 2018
Hello,I was rejected 2011 due to infow into my salary acct but I want to apply with my hubby n son. I have tbills of about 2m, with a statement of about 800K. I also v insurance of abt of 900K of which 20K is taken monthly to mature in March 2019. The issue is my hubby does my v any fixed income as a business man,not registered. Even though we v a joint acct with abt 1.7m. Are there chances of rejection
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 9:03am On Jun 23, 2018
onyihoney03:
Hello,I was rejected 2011 due to infow into my salary acct but I want to apply with my hubby n son. I have tbills of about 2m, with a statement of about 800K. I also v insurance of abt of 900K of which 20K is taken monthly to mature in March 2019. The issue is my hubby does my v any fixed income as a business man,not registered. Even though we v a joint acct with abt 1.7m. Are there chances of rejection

U have a greater chance of getting a visa if ur application is filled correctly with all the necessary documents to back it.. but the challenges u will face is it husband's cos how do u explain u are a business man and u are not registered or incorporated? So I think his case will spoil everything...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Macdon4ryl: 9:57am On Jun 23, 2018
[quote author=Aquaman84 post=68715412]It depends, example, do you work? Does she work? Has she visited you before? Do you guys communicate frequently? Is she a British citizen? What's the age gape between the both of you? Let us know this things then we can assist. I highly recommend you contact @ekpotek and @justwise those guys are geniuses when it comes to visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.