Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1525219 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2018
Hi..
I included my travel itinerary and activities.
I had sufficient funds in my personal account you can see that in the letter.
The nature of business involves cash so sometimes we pay salary in cash. The reason I included company account is because I'm also a co- owner and that suddenly turned to work against me.
What would have been the reason for denial if I hadn't included company account??
I just don't get it!

opomulero:
My interpretations:

1. The ECO did could only see 2 salary payments from the company account into your salary account. Maybe u should explain why 2 salary corresponds while d remaining 4 months salary did not

2. The ECO did not see your travel plan/itinery: how u wan waka for d 11 days.

I think they dont count money in your business account as income for u, oyinbi na oyinbo, dem no dey join business money with pleasure money, they are very strict on that.

So i think all your income dt u wish to use in travelling should be accrued in ur salary account and backed up with documnents or explanations.

I rest my case....over to da expertz in da house

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
Yes I submitted on the 25th. I collected my passport this morning. I called them yesterday and they told me decision had been made, afterwards I got my notice to pick up mail.

PrechyJoe:
Anyone here who applied on the 25th of May?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2018
What do you say or how best can one package d following bank deposits,I mean defending it?: 335k on 23/2/18, 267k on 28/2/18, 110k on 28/2/18, 90k on 12//4/18, 200k on 26/4/18, 220k on 30/4/18, 100k on 10/5/18, 150k on 20/5/18, 50k on 29/5/18, 50k on 6/6/18, all paid in by different people, two people depositing like 2/3 times and with d intention of depositing more to make 1.7M. I own d property we reside in, have another under construction,...I just need an expert guidance, the money isn't ''bad money'' or lodgement like that, i don't want it to be seen as that & be denied for that reason. Thanks in anticipation of ur swift response as usual. All d gurus in house please help a brother.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TashaStPatrik: 2:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
Please someone should help me out.. I posted a few days ago but did not get a confirmed response. Okay, am applying for myself and baby. Hubby will be the sponsor, do I need my own bank statement? I do not work at the moment though. Should hubby provide his company bank account or personal account?

For baby’s application:
1) what do I fill in for *how much do you have for this trip?
* How much will it cost you for this trip
* how much for accommodation and living expenses
* how much will your sponsor pay towards your visit..

Does she also need an introduction abi cover letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2018
Gurus kindly advise! Is there anything I can do differently?

enthusiasm:
Gurus come and advice me oh, I just picked up my passport and my visa was refused. The reason just didn't make sense to me.
I applied for a visit visa, I work in a company where I'm also a co owner. So I submitted CAC documents, tax clearance, letterso of introduction on company letter heads, my account statement, company account statement. Among other things. I'll be going for myou masters in the USA in the fall so I also attached my admission packet and appointment withis the US embassy.
Gurus in the house kindly advice if I should reapply.
Cc@ justwise, epkotek kindly weigh in
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2018
enthusiasm:
Yes I submitted on the 25th. I collected my passport this morning. I called them yesterday and they told me decision had been made, afterwards I got my notice to pick up mail.

I am yet to get a response from them.
This people are shaa annoying��

Anyway hope you got the Visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2018
Hello house,

I just received by passport With 6 months Visa issued.
I had to reapply after my first refusal 3 weeks ago.

I appreciate all input from this house.

Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2018
enthusiasm:
Hi..
The nature of business involves cash so sometimes we pay salary in cash. The reason I included company account is because I'm also a co- owner and that suddenly turned to work against me.
What would have been the reason for denial if I hadn't included company account??
I just don't get it!

That is what i am trying to say, the eco saw 2 corresponding transactions (salary) from the business account to your account, i think he was expecting to see the remaining (mayb you submitted 6 months salary slips and he saw the transaction for 2, and did not see transaction for remaining 4 months). it is now left to you to explain that you were paid so so so amount in cash during so so so months.

to me the eco just needs explanation of your salary.

atime having sufficient amount in account doesnt guarantee visa, i have seen a person that got his visa with 182k balance in his account.

they just need something straight and if not straight they want a good explanation, that is why they said one should write cover letter (where yo can explain any info that you feel might enhance them granting you visa).

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2018
TashaStPatrik:
Please someone should help me out.. I posted a few days ago but did not get a confirmed response. Okay, am applying for myself and baby. Hubby will be the sponsor, do I need my own bank statement? I do not work at the moment though. Should hubby provide his company bank account or personal account?

For baby’s application:
1) what do I fill in for *how much do you have for this trip?
* How much will it cost you for this trip
* how much for accommodation and living expenses
* how much will your sponsor pay towards your visit..

Does she also need an introduction abi cover letter?

Read back. I think this was answered. Unless it was a very similar one, in which case you will already know the answers.
The baby does not need an introduction or cover letter. Submit the application as family.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2018
enthusiasm:
Hi..
I just don't get it!

That is what i am trying to say, the eco saw 2 corresponding transactions (salary) from the business account to your account, i think he was expecting to see the remaining (mayb you submitted 6 months salary slips and he saw the transaction for 2, and did not see transaction for remaining 4 months). it is now left to you to explain that you were paid so so so amount in cash during so so so months.

atime having sufficient amount in account doesnt guarantee visa, i have seen a person that got his visa with 182k balance in his account.

they just need something straight and if not straight they want a good explanation, that is why they said one should write cover letter (where yo can explain any info that you feel might enhance them granting you visa).

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
kprake9:
Hello house,

Thanks!
Congrats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2018
Kaleydd2000:
What do you say or how best can one package d following bank deposits,I mean defending it?: 335k on 23/2/18, 267k on 28/2/18, 110k on 28/2/18, 90k on 12//4/18, 200k on 26/4/18, 220k on 30/4/18, 100k on 10/5/18, 150k on 20/5/18, 50k on 29/5/18, 50k on 6/6/18, all paid in by different people, two people depositing like 2/3 times and with d intention of depositing more to make 1.7M. I own d property we reside in, have another under construction,...I just need an expert guidance, the money isn't ''bad money'' or lodgement like that, i don't want it to be seen as that & be denied for that reason. Thanks in anticipation of ur swift response as usual. All d gurus in house please help a brother.

Since you say it is not lodgement, explain what it is, as it is and defend your explanation, in a cover note. The best way to avoid money (such deposits) being seen as lodgement, is to avoid such (irregular) transactions in your account in the first place.
All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2018
Good evening House,

Please i need the help of the house on the following;

(1) Introduction letter as family (FORMAT)

(2) total amount of money that you get in a year (i dont actually know what they mean, does this include salary+ investment profit+ services payment--- PLEASE EXPLAIN?

(3) what is the total amount of money you spend each month ..Please explain as money spent each month varies

(4) does anyone rely on you for financial support? what is the general response of people here, should i pick YES for me and NO for my wife

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2018
Hello congratulations!
Please what was the reason for the refusal and how did you address it? I was refused this morning.

kprake9:
Hello house,

Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 4:23pm On Jun 19, 2018
enthusiasm:
Hello congratulations!
Please what was the reason for the refusal and how did you address it? I was refused this morning.

I was initially refused for not including invitation letter of an exhibition program I will be attending while on tourism due to oversight.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TashaStPatrik: 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
opomulero:

Thanks

Please can I have ur contact please.. I do t want to make mistakes this time cos I have been refused before. I will like someone to get a second look at my application please. Help help help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
ekpotek:

The refusal letter is clear enough. Given your presence on this thread, this mistake is a carelessness on your part. You need to provide detailed documentation on those funds coming into your account and why are the funds are being paid into your account? Is it for payment of services or what? Clearly 2.4M entering into your account from undisclosed sources is not acceptable. If you can tackle this, then you can reapply. Also the ECO also considered your travel history. This is usually taking into consideration if your reasons for the visa is for tourism.

thanks for the quick response boss...
I knew I made a mistake, but the money has been coming in from the same account and that is why I never explain it...

anyway na my first time be dis sha... I will surely reapply and explain the funds...
thanks boss, I really appreciate this...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:52pm On Jun 19, 2018
opomulero:

Alerti, u nearly got the visa.
Explain the cash lodgment and back it up with document.
Hope u submit ur payslips.
Thats my own opinion though....over to d expertz in da house

lol thanks bro! sure I included 6 months payslips... I will explain the funds and also back it up.. thanks...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 9:07pm On Jun 19, 2018
kprake9:
Hello house,

Thanks!

Congrats boss!! u sha collect this Visa at last...
do you reapply with the same bank statement or printed another statement of account??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MissNK: 9:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
PrechyJoe:
Anyone here who applied on the 25th of May?

Yes, got a decision made mail today and passport has been dispatched. Hoping to get it by tomorrow all things being equal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 9:31pm On Jun 19, 2018
MissNK:

Yes, got a decision made mail today and passport has been dispatched. Hoping to get it by tomorrow all things being equal.

Yet to get a decision mail for mine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 10:31pm On Jun 19, 2018
Hello guys. Please I need help/advice
My dad and my brother would be attending my graduation ceremony and I filled and submitted their visa form. I put travelodge hotel address on their form as that’s the best place for them to stay. I’m trying to book their hotel now and I realised the dates for their travel, travelodge doesn’t have rooms available. Is it possible I book another hotel and they write a note to the eco explaining the situation and attach the note when they go for their biometrics/ interview.

Please help!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mulannoire(f): 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2018
ekpotek:

Read back you see many self employed applicant that have successfully gotten a UK visit visa. Anything you are not clear about, come back at ask the question.

I appreciate your taking the time to help, thank you.
I have gone through past pages as requested however, i still have questions regarding my accounts:

i. How do i explain my use of a savings account to run a business?

ii. If i start to receive funds in my coy account to the tune of 200 - 250k monthly, would that suffice? ( My coy account is less than a year so there is no Tax clearance Cert)

iii. Do i have to account for every deposit made into my savings account including gifts?

I anticipate your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 11:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
alert20:

Congrats boss!! u sha collect this Visa at last...
do you reapply with the same bank statement or printed another statement of account??

Yes, I printed a new statement of account and also add all documents relating to the exhibition program with sworn affidavit stating that I inadvertently omitted them, paid for priority service so that I can meet up with the exhibition program opening date.
And God have his way.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by skytouch2(f): 12:23am On Jun 20, 2018
Good evening everyone. Please, I have come here to seek your opinion and guidance. The story goes thus:

Last year I , my wife and my two sons applied to US embassy . we were denied on both occasions. Just today, I got refusal from ECO on my UK tourist visa which I submitted and did alone without my family. ECO was of the opinion that I may not return to Nigeria if the UK tourist visa is approved on the strength that I have never travel outside the country before. He based his judgement solely on my salaries in my account statement.
I worked in a financial institution and my monthly salary is above 200k. Prior to my visa application, I sold off one of my landed property for N2million naira in April. The proceed was paid into my salary account. The ECO didn't take into consideration the following documents I submitted with my application:
- my landed property docs
- wedding cert
- children birth certs
-letter of introduction from office
- cover letter explaining source of funds in my account
- wedding pictures. With a budget of 1600pound

This refusal was so painful in view of resources I expended on the application and stress I passed through. I don't want no for an answer. I did my application in good faith and I am planning to reapply again.

But first, I want like the experts in the house to look at my case and advise me appropriately because I strongly believe , ECo had judged me wrongly. Below is my refusal letter.
Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 1:08am On Jun 20, 2018
skytouch2:
Good evening everyone. Please, I have come here to seek your opinion and guidance. The story goes thus:

Last year I , my wife and my two sons applied to US embassy . we were denied on both occasions. Just today, I got refusal from ECO on my UK tourist visa which I submitted and did alone without my family. ECO was of the opinion that I may not return to Nigeria if the UK tourist visa is approved on the strength that I have never travel outside the country before. He based his judgement solely on my salaries in my account statement.
I worked in a financial institution and my monthly salary is above 200k. Prior to my visa application, I sold off one of my landed property for N2million naira in April. The proceed was paid into my salary account. The ECO didn't take into consideration the following documents I submitted with my application:
- wedding cert
- children birth certs
- wedding pictures.

This refusal was so painful in view of resources I expended on the application and stress I passed through. I don't want no for an answer. I did my application in good faith and I am planning to reapply again.

But first, I want like the experts in the house to look at my case and advise me appropriately because I strongly believe , ECo had judged me wrongly. Below is my refusal letter.
Thanks

Eco refused u on 2 grounds:

U are planning to spend 4 months income in 2 weeks (try and reduce ur budget), i dont know how much ur account balance was as at then but i think he is weighing all on ur salary.

Is there a way you can explain that you have been saving towards the vacation and support it with documents like dt 2million deposited in ur account?. Just suggesting ......

Then travel history. ( u might ignore the travel history or try and vacate in low budget africa country or anywhere else)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibbby: 7:05am On Jun 20, 2018
Good morning all. Thanks @Ekpotek and Justwise for the good work. I did my biometrics on 7th of June at the Abuja office, and I got an email 2 days(18th June), that my passport was being prepared to be looked at by ECO. I have a troubling issue, I need my passport on the 7th of July for an exam. Is that how long it takes to get to 'ECO' stage? Is it possible to get before 7th? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:39am On Jun 20, 2018
@opomulero
boss I was checking the documents I submitted now and found out I I did not submit a cover letter...
I have typed and signed it but I forgot to add it to the other documents I submitted...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by skytouch2(f): 8:54am On Jun 20, 2018
skytouch2:

- wedding cert
- children birth certs
- wedding pictures. With a budget of 1600pound

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 9:19am On Jun 20, 2018
Hello guys. Please I need help/advice
My dad and my brother would be attending my graduation ceremony and I filled and submitted their visa form. I put travelodge hotel address on their form as that’s the best place for them to stay. I’m trying to book their hotel now and I realised the dates for their travel, travelodge doesn’t have rooms available. Is it possible I book another hotel and they write a note to the eco explaining the situation and attach the note when they go for their biometrics/ interview.

Please help!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aquaman84: 11:10am On Jun 20, 2018
@ekpotex @justwise @vicjustice
You guys deserve some accolades, remember me, guy with the white girlfriend?? Lol got my visa, 6months multiple entry... People please go through my posts, miracles do happen. Cheers

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 11:15am On Jun 20, 2018
alert20:
@opomulero
boss I was checking the documents I submitted now and found out I I did not submit a cover letter...
I have typed and signed it but I forgot to add it to the other documents I submitted...

That was how tls staff made me to forget giving her my invitation documents for scanning that leads to my first refusal. I had to quickly reapply so I can meet up with the exhibition program which is my main purpose of this visit.

Just reapply with a new statement. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.