Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,472 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1525155 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Macdon4ryl: 7:48pm On Jun 21, 2018
Aquaman84:
@ekpotex @justwise @vicjustice
You guys deserve some accolades, remember me, guy with the white girlfriend?? Lol got my visa, 6months multiple entry... People please go through my posts, miracles do happen. Cheers
I have been following your post since your former job lol, please how did you write the cover note I am also in a similar situation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 9:44pm On Jun 21, 2018
Arbitrix:

For what?

I think he meant to ask how you explained the 781k deposit you made into your account in the cover letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by EFX001: 10:04pm On Jun 21, 2018
Urgent : i applied for my mum's vacation visa to the uk on the 7th of may, till date no decision has been made. We've called the ukvi center and they gave us a" reference number " no word, no decision, no passport. She's been traveling since the 80's and has never been rejected. She has a passport filled with uk and American visa histories. What in the name of God is going on. Someone please advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 10:30pm On Jun 21, 2018
EFX001:
Urgent : i applied for my mum's vacation visa to the uk on the 7th of may, till date no decision has been made. We've called the ukvi center and they gave us a" reference number " no word, no decision, no passport. She's been traveling since the 80's and has never been rejected. She has a passport filled with uk and American visa histories. What in the name of God is going on. Someone please advise.

I think we are both in the same boat.. I submitted mins and did biometrics on the 10th of May.. I called UKVI today and was told a decision has been made.. but no email yet.. I also want to TLS Ikeja last week Thursday they said passport not yet ready.. so am still hoping to get their email.

When did u call UKVI? If today maybe u shud make plans to go to the TLS office where u submitted.

Please keep me updated on ur application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Arbitrix: 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2018
Macdon4ryl:

Cover note

I just explained that the deposit was a repayment of a loan to me. It was by a cheque in my name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luvhenry(m): 5:12am On Jun 22, 2018
Pls is dere something wrong in staying 10days in d UK after saying u want to spent 7 in the application form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 6:32am On Jun 22, 2018
churockng:

I think we are both in the same boat.. I submitted mins and did biometrics on the 10th of May.. I called UKVI today and was told a decision has been made.. but no email yet.. I also want to TLS Ikeja last week Thursday they said passport not yet ready.. so am still hoping to get their email.

When did u call UKVI? If today maybe u shud make plans to go to the TLS office where u submitted.

Please keep me updated on ur application

Did you apply using gov.uk or visa4uk.fco.gov.uk?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 7:26am On Jun 22, 2018
luvhenry:
Pls is dere something wrong in staying 10days in d UK after saying u want to spent 7 in the application form

Theres nothing bad actually, U did not over stay either: they might change the definition of there overstay and we no fit challenge them; but at least for the first time keep to ur words as u will come and reapply, they might check since they have ur info.

Some people are lucky and some were not lucky with it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 7:29am On Jun 22, 2018
PrechyJoe:

Visa4uk.fco.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 7:38am On Jun 22, 2018
luvhenry:

Why didn't you put 10 days when you applied? I believe they considered everything together when issuing your visa. Fist timer? Keep to your words for future purpose.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 8:07am On Jun 22, 2018
opomulero:

Visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

Maybe you should consider going to TLS today, tell them you called UKVI and they said a decision has been made.. So what's with the delay.

I am not in Lagos, I would had gone there..
Goodluck and keep me updated too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 9:04am On Jun 22, 2018
PrechyJoe:

I applied using Visa4uk this is alarming, I was told yesterday that a decision has been made on my application and I also sent an email to TLS yesterday to know what's happening. Which site did u use when applying? Any news on ur end?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 9:09am On Jun 22, 2018
PrechyJoe:

Maybe you should consider going to TLS today, tell them you called UKVI and they said a decision has been made.. So what's with the delay.

I am not in Lagos, I would had gone there..
Goodluck and keep me updated too

Yeah that's what I intend doing but that will be on Monday to see if I will get an email before Monday, if not then I will have to go to TLS office on Monday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 9:46am On Jun 22, 2018
churockng:

I applied using Visa4uk this is alarming, I was told yesterday that a decision has been made on my application and I also sent an email to TLS yesterday to know what's happening. Which site did u use when applying? Any news on ur end?

No news yet, and it's the 19th working day,
I am supposed to travel on Monday, but then..
Let me see how it goes.

I am not in Lagos, I would had gone to TLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 10:46am On Jun 22, 2018
PrechyJoe:

No news yet, and it's the 19th working day,
I am supposed to travel on Monday, but then..
Let me see how it goes.

I am not in Lagos, I would had gone to TLS.

Guess u will have to change ur ticket, but then have u called UKVI regarding ur application? Have u contacted TLS? Until now no news from TLS yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 22, 2018
PLEASE HELP!!!

I want to apply for a visa for my 1yr old baby but we don't share the same last name, am still answering my Maiden name while he answers his father's last name.
What do I need to do pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 10:51am On Jun 22, 2018
kemitomi:
PLEASE HELP!!!

I want to apply for a visa for my 1yr old baby but we don't share the same last name, am still answering my Maiden name while he answers his father's last name.
What do I need to do pls?

U will have to attach his birth certificate which bears ur name and his father's name then add ur documents that are relevant to the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Omoll: 10:54am On Jun 22, 2018
Good day to you all the Gurus in the house. Please I would like to invite my dad for my graduation coming up next month. Am planning to go for priority service but I don't know how much that will cost me. Please any idea on the amount for priority service please!! Thanks all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 11:12am On Jun 22, 2018
churockng:

Guess u will have to change ur ticket, but then have u called UKVI regarding ur application? Have u contacted TLS? Until now no news from TLS yet

I called UKVI on Tuesday after the holiday, they said they had made a decision.

So I reached out to someone I know I TLS and he said my passport hasn't arrived TLS. It's still at the high commission. Me I don't understand.

I am legit weak.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 11:16am On Jun 22, 2018
Omoll:
Good day to you all the Gurus in the house. Please I would like to invite my dad for my graduation coming up next month. Am planning to go for priority service but I don't know how much that will cost me. Please any idea on the amount for priority service please!! Thanks all

212 pounds + the visa fee.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 11:22am On Jun 22, 2018
PrechyJoe:

I called UKVI on Tuesday after the holiday, they said they had made a decision.

So I reached out to someone I know I TLS and he said my passport hasn't arrived TLS. It's still at the high commission. Me I don't understand.

I am legit weak.

Hahaha.. it's funny when u say u are legit weak.. let's be hopeful it gets to TLS soon, u know at some point I was wondering if the passports are being sent to the UK, but then there is no reason for dat. Then again wat cud probably be the delay from the high commission to TLS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 11:24am On Jun 22, 2018
My husband is trying to apply for a business visa to write PLAB 2 exam. We are thinking of applying for 5 days though he has to stay for 25days(classes and practice) He has no travel history. What do you guys think? Can a first timer spend more time than what was initially mentioned? Very confused now
Cc @ekpotek and @justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 11:34am On Jun 22, 2018
sweetrie:
My husband is trying to apply for a business visa to write PLAB 2 exam. We are thinking of applying for 5 days though he has to stay for 25days(classes and practice) He has no travel history. What do you guys think? Can a first timer spend more time than what was initially mentioned? Very confused now

Am not sure but I don't think he needs a business visa to go write an exam, he shud apply for the suitable visa then he shud be honest to state the number of days he intends to stay, and finally no travel history might be a disadvantage but there is no harm in trying.. I guess the gurus here can give a more accurate answer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Omoll: 11:42am On Jun 22, 2018
PrechyJoe:

212 pounds + the visa fee.

Thanks for your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aquaman84: 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2018
It depends, example, do you work? Does she work? Has she visited you before? Do you guys communicate frequently? Is she a British citizen? What's the age gape between the both of you? Let us know this things then we can assist. I highly recommend you contact @ekpotek and @justwise those guys are geniuses when it comes to visa.

quote author=Macdon4ryl post=68697973] I have been following your post since your former job lol, please how did you write the cover note I am also in a similar situation [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2018
churockng:

Am not sure but I don't think he needs a business visa to go write an exam, he shud apply for the suitable visa then he shud be honest to state the number of days he intends to stay, and finally no travel history might be a disadvantage but there is no harm in trying.. I guess the gurus here can give a more accurate answer
thanks. It's a PLAB 2 under Business visa tho the standard visa covers it. It's just very confusing. I am just worried
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bee17(m): 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2018
hello room...am a new follower here on u.k visa platform, i will like to know if there will be a chance for me to get a u.k visa on my "virgin passport"...what is the package you think is best for me to apply for as a first timer.

thanks and best regards...as i'd like to receive a quick response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2018
churockng:

Mine has ticked "Decision Made"

So I will just have to wait for mail from TLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2018
churockng:

U will have to attach his birth certificate which bears ur name and his father's name then add ur documents that are relevant to the application

Okay, thanks alot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2018
PrechyJoe:

Mine has ticked "Decision Made"

So I will just have to wait for mail from TLS.

I don't know how to check for the status from TLS website, I have tried to do dat a couple of times but I didn't succeed so am just waiting on mail from TLS.

I guess soon urs will be on its way to u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 2:47pm On Jun 22, 2018
churockng:

I don't know how to check for the status from TLS website, I have tried to do dat a couple of times but I didn't succeed so am just waiting on mail from TLS.

I think it is the reason your application it's been delayed(I am not sure ooo) . You are supposed to register on the TLS platform

I got your mail, I replied.. Lets chat
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2018
churockng:

I'm wondering though.... Are you the one that did and submitted this your application by yourself? How did you skip the TLS phase if you did? Or is it just that you don't know your way round checking of status? Login and click on the first item on your left that reads "Track My Application", you then should see it....

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.