Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1538168 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luvhenry(m): 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2018
iapt:

Same here bro...i cancelled on 30th and yet to receive my refund...i dont know what to do too...

Wetin we go do now and these guys r tifssss.. dey will so charge u if u make call or email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2018
macEDWIN:
Pls I need a serious link to Canada cos I need my younger one to travel out, pls anyone with help

A wrong thread.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2018
folmus:

A wrong thread.

lolzz....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2018
luvhenry:

Wetin we go do now and these guys r tifssss.. dey will so charge u if u make call or email

Bro you have to wait for 28 working days or when you receive a mail that your refund request has been sent to worldpay for processing... once you receive this email then just wait for 2 to 3 days for your refund....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2018
macEDWIN:
Pls I need a serious link to Canada cos I need my younger one to travel out, pls anyone with help

please check the info you want on Canada thread.... just search for general Canada tourist/student visa on nairaland....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by macEDWIN(m): 8:30pm On Jul 07, 2018
alert20:

Thanks alot

please check the info you want on Canada thread.... just search for general Canada tourist/student visa on nairaland....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by macEDWIN(m): 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2018
Ok
alert20:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngpablo180: 6:44am On Jul 08, 2018
Hello house...”how long does it take to get one’s passport back after withdrawal”...I went to TLS to fill the withdrawal form..it’s been more than a week now and my passport is not back or any mail from them informing me of the return of the passport...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2018
Chibabe4Christ:
Good Morning My noble people in the house.
I don come again oooooo!!!!
Please I have some concerns that I my gurus to clarified :
1) I want to renew my UK visa for 5years after my first visa which is 6Months. Is it possible for VO to grant me 5years visa after 6months visa.
Yes, its possible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kino47: 8:29pm On Jul 08, 2018
Have there ever been a case of missing passport with the embassy and how was it resolved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amidee(f): 10:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
Hi guys, pls oo I have a query. I don't know if it has been answered here before, so pardon me pls.

A colleague (the mother) has a daughter here in naija, but the father stays in UK with another family of his own. The colleague wants to apply for UK visa for her daughter, naming the father in the UK her sponsor.

The question here is, i don't think the father named her as one of his daughter's in UK. Will Having the father as her sponsor affect her visa? Or she should remove the father as sponsor? but then again the daughter's birth certificate has the father's name written.

PS The mother has her visa already and they plan on going together if her visa is approved. Also they won't be staying with the father.

Any Ideas please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 6:44am On Jul 09, 2018
luvhenry:

I tire ooo....i no even know what to do...lets hope on this week sha...if not, i go call them by thursday...but i will def keep you posted when i receive an alert...thank
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 6:56am On Jul 09, 2018
K4daniel:
Hello guru in the house i need your timely advice and response.
I was denied visa 2010 and 2015. This is 2018 am thinking of giving it a trial again. The most common reason of refusal is low and insufficient fund in my account and no ties to my country.Then i used 1.5m on my bank statement. This year I have told my brother in uk to do all the sponsorship while I present my 2.3m joint savings account. Even though my wife is not going with me. I earn like 250kmonthly and annual is 5m above.
Please should i write a cover letter to appeal to them and I need your advice please I am thinking of sending all document this week or next month. Please also I have forgotten the current requirement and sites u need you people's guidance.Thank you all.

Please guys, i need to ask a question about what this post...the poster said he was refused a visa, reason being "low and insufficient funds in his account" with 1.5m balance...i dont know how true this is, Because in my own case i have 1.3m in my account (savings 990k, company 400k) with 3landed properties and planning to apply with budget of 820k (1700£)...i think there are cases here where people with equivalent or lower balance gets their visas issued...please someone should kindly clear my doubt.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 7:53am On Jul 09, 2018
iapt:

Please guys, i need to ask a question about what this post...the poster said he was refused a visa, reason being "low and insufficient funds in his account" with 1.5m balance...i dont know how true this is, Because in my own case i have 1.3m in my account (savings 990k, company 400k) with 3landed properties and planning to apply with budget of 820k (1700£)...i think there are cases here where people with equivalent or lower balance gets their visas issued...please someone should kindly clear my doubt.

There are many factors they consider in granting visas. You may have all the money and still have your visa denied. The person you quoted didnt tell us whether he applied alone then or with his wife which is what am thinking. He didnt tell us how many days he filled in his application. So its possible that his finance was insufficient for the content of his application. There was an applicant here who said he submitted a bank statement with 80k and he got his visa. Each case is independent and treated as such.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 8:44am On Jul 09, 2018
Good morning house please I'm still waiting for an answer to my question @justwise @ ekpotek

@folmus... yes I have replied...it's a hostel accommodation. Can I proceed ?

Does anyone knows latest date for biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 9:14am On Jul 09, 2018
folmus:

There are many factors they consider in granting visas. You may have all the money and still have your visa denied. The person you quoted didnt tell us whether he applied alone then or with his wife which is what am thinking. He didnt tell us how many days he filled in his application. So its possible that his finance was insufficient for the content of his application. There was an applicant here who said he submitted a bank statement with 80k and he got his visa. Each case is independent and treated as such.

God bless you for the clarity....i thought about this too but needed more clarification
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 9:16am On Jul 09, 2018
[quote author=iapt post=69209527]

God bless you for the clarity...i thought about this too but needed more clarification
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by K4daniel: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2018
Please do they now do interview for uk visa? Someone told me they now do interview unlike the old vfs appointment but visa interview.please some confirm?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 9:29am On Jul 09, 2018
Lee310:
Good morning house please I'm still waiting for an answer to my question @justwise @ ekpotek

@folmus... yes I have replied...it's a hostel accommodation. Can I proceed ?

Does anyone knows latest date for biometrics?

You know, nobody can really predict the outcome. My advice is just let your application presents you as an applicant that will leave the UK at the end of the days stated in your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ysfraimi20(m): 9:30am On Jul 09, 2018
Hello gurus, Please help with idea. I submitted on 18th of june for my Uk visa renewal....Up til now I haven't hear from them and when I track it says Received by UKVI since 27th of june.

Your help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 9:30am On Jul 09, 2018
K4daniel:
Please do they now do interview for uk visa? Someone told me they now do interview unlike the old vfs appointment but visa interview.please some confirm?

No interview, except in few cases if they need to clarify anything and in most cases, the applicants are students to the best of my knowledge.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by walmart: 11:12am On Jul 09, 2018
Good day experts, please does anyone have any experience on Transit without Visa at Heathrow whether Nigerians are qualified and what qualifies one for that? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nonny1234: 12:00pm On Jul 09, 2018
ysfraimi20:
Hello gurus, Please help with idea. I submitted on 18th of june for my Uk visa renewal....Up til now I haven't hear from them and when I track it says Received by UKVI since 27th of june.

Your help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Same here.. the thing just tire person..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ysfraimi20(m): 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
Nonny1234:

Same here.. the thing just tire person..

I see no reason why we frequent travelers have to wait so long to get visa renewed. UK and the way they handle things....sucks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2018
ysfraimi20:

I see no reason why we frequent travelers have to wait so long to get visa renewed. UK and the way they handle things....sucks

Today is only day 15 nowww. I believe your passport will be ready for collection within the next few days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ysfraimi20(m): 2:13pm On Jul 09, 2018
Thank you for your concern, i believe renewal shouldn't take much time since it's not a fresh application. Well let see if it will be ready this week as you say
abnot:

Today is only day 15 nowww. I believe your passport will be ready for collection within the next few days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nonny1234: 2:25pm On Jul 09, 2018
ysfraimi20:

It's really annoying... this new procedure/long wait period isn't funny. Some pple even get thier visas/passport after their scheduled travel date. Really sucks..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ofalu047(m): 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2018
Good day everyone. I want to say thanks to the mods of this section, and everyother persons that have been proferring solutions to various problems posted here.

Pls, I submitted my Standard Visitor's visa on the 12th of June, 2018, and no the Decision box on my TLS page hasnt yet been ticked, neither have l revived any email. Is there anybody who has experienced such long delays before and what can l do to speed things up?
Is there a need to worry about anything, prolly missing documents?
Pls pardon my questions, l am just a lil bit distraught right now.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 3:25pm On Jul 09, 2018
[quote author=amidee post=69201844]Hi guys, pls oo I have a query. I don't know if it has been answered here before, so pardon me pls.

A colleague (the mother) has a daughter here in naija, but the father stays in UK with another family of his own. The colleague wants to apply for UK visa for her daughter, naming the father in the UK her sponsor.

The question here is, i don't think the father named her as one of his daughter's in UK. Will Having the father as her sponsor affect her visa? Or she should remove the father as sponsor? but then again the daughter's birth certificate has the father's name written.

[b]PS The mother has her visa already and they plan on going together if her visa is approved. Also they won't be staying with the father.

Any Ideas please if they are not staying with the father, then why declaring him as a sponsor? just my own thought ooo.... gurus will respond to your inquiry...

wh
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 3:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
folmus:

You know, nobody can really predict the outcome. My advice is just let your application presents you as an applicant that will leave the UK at the end of the days stated in your application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.