Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,711 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528836 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2018
Lee310:

Thank you justwise... please can I use a pen to add it or I should cancel my appointment and refill the forms ?
You can use pen

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luvhenry(m): 11:10pm On Jul 11, 2018
iapt:

Yes sir...i just reapplied...but i received a mail from "Africa Refund", that my refund has been accepted and sent to worldpay...i think someone said that here some few days ago...

Baba i reapplied and see the nasty refusal I was given. They should even give me back the one i hv paid for b4

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nivlek000(m): 11:53pm On Jul 11, 2018
Is the Tuberculosis test needed to renew your UK visa for 5 years?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 2:28am On Jul 12, 2018
nivlek000:

You will apply like every other person. You can go ahead with your application; if you have it add it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nivlek000(m): 7:06am On Jul 12, 2018
Is that a No? I don't know if every other person needs it.

Can someone assist me with a list of required documents as well please.
folmus:

You will apply like every other person. You can go ahead with your application; if you have it add it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by favouritedami: 7:16am On Jul 12, 2018
justwise:

How long was this and do you still have the refusal letter?
Its been 5 years. I don't think I still have the letter, but I have an email they sent to me afterwards. I'll look for it and post it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 9:16am On Jul 12, 2018
mavinc4u:

Please what is free?

sorry Bro, someone posted when is the next appointment / biometric date..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:57am On Jul 12, 2018
nivlek000:

No you don’t need one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:58am On Jul 12, 2018
favouritedami:

Its been 5 years. I don't think I still have the letter, but I have an email they sent to me afterwards. I'll look for it and post it

You are serving a ban and it will be made clearer to you if you applied again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nivlek000(m): 11:37am On Jul 12, 2018
Thank you boss.
justwise:

No you don’t need one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 11:45am On Jul 12, 2018
Hello house, Please I was granted 6months Uk visit visa in 2010, 2 years in 2011, 2 years in 2014, 6 months in 2017. Can I just apply for 10 years straight in my next renewal and be granted the 10 years visit visa? @ justwise, Omo Bendel please, your opinion is highly needed here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2018
justwise:

You can use pen

Thank you God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by person123: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
Please how many websites are there for UK online visa application. I noticed that the form am filling now is different from the previous.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by agbedex: 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2018
Dear All,

Should I kiss UK goodbye?

I was denied a student visa in 2006. The guy that helped me to process my visa told me to increase my age when I wanted to acquire my first international passport. In spite of this, I was still denied the visa..."every unrighteousness is a sin". I have never blamed this guy, and will never blame him. I will take all the blames.
I have not applied to the UK embassy for any visa since then. My friend that did same got banned for 10 years. He denied ever applied to the embassy for visa not knowing that they kept his details in their system. As at that time, there was nothing like biometrics.
I have gotten two different passports after that time with my correct age and I have 4 used and 1 unused visas from other countries. I have been invited to the UK several times, but the fear of being banned won't let me apply.
Now, I want to apply for a visiting visa, and I want to write a statement that I was denied a student visa in 2006 with an incorrect age (the passport is long missing).
Would I still be banned for 10 years?
Should I just forget about visiting UK?
What is the appropriate thing to do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 1:35pm On Jul 12, 2018
agbedex:
Dear All,

Should I kiss UK goodbye?

I was denied a student visa in 2006. The guy that helped me to process my visa told me to increase my age when I wanted to acquire my first international passport. In spite of this, I was still denied the visa..."every unrighteousness is a sin". I have never blamed this guy, and will never blame him. I will take all the blames.
I have not applied to the UK embassy for any visa since then. My friend that did same got banned for 10 years. He denied ever applied to the embassy for visa not knowing that they kept his details in their system. As at that time, there was nothing like biometrics.
I have gotten two different passports after that time with my correct age and I have 4 used and 1 unused visas from other countries. I have been invited to the UK several times, but the fear of being banned won't let me apply.
Now, I want to apply for a visiting visa, and I want to write a statement that I was denied a student visa in 2006 with an incorrect age (the passport is long missing).
Would I still be banned for 10 years?
Should I just forget about visiting UK?
What is the appropriate thing to do?

I think there's no where you are asked in that form about your application that is older than 10 years, I should be corrected if I'm wrong sha. Why open closed matters when you are not asked? I do not think it's a goodbye yet sha, unless you are asked questions related to that on the form and you lie about your answer, no need, I think that is when it is of necessity for you to do that explanation you intend doing.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2018
Good afternoon all. My name is ADEYEMI OLABODE, I have been to the UK before but I recently applied for a work visa which was refused. In my previous application I do write my wife's name as AKINYEMI DEBORAH. AKINYEMI is her maiden name and because that is the name on her current passport and the passport was issued before we got married. Though she has never applied to go to UK before. My question is this: We are expecting a baby by end of July and our baby's birth certificate will show my wife's name as ADEYEMI DEBORAH and NOT AKINYEMI DEBORAH which is the name I have beem writting on my application as spouse name. I am planning to apply to visit the UK for 2 weeks alone im October and I will like to submit our child's birth certificate with my application. Won't it cause am issue for the ECO to see my wife's name as ADEYEMI DEBORAH as against AKINYEMI DEBORAH I have been writing before? I have a change of name document for her which was done through Nigerian Tribune in 2016 but I didn't submit it in my previous application. Should I go and do another change of name for her before the delivery of our baby? Please I need your responses. Thanks. PLEASE NOTE HER CURRENT PASSPORT WILL EXPIRE IN FEBRUARY 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nonny1234: 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2018
Goodday.. it's past 15working days and no word from TLS for my passport/visa if granted.. should I have any cause for alarm. Is there anything to do or I should just wait. I paid for courier as I do not live where I submitted my documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nonny1234: 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2018
luvhenry:

Baba i reapplied and see the nasty refusal I was given. They should even give me back the one i hv paid for b4

Hmmmm r they saying the funds is too small or too much? This pple analysing this things sef how r they thinking it. Anybody can spend any amount of money at anytime doesn't really matter if it's your last n as long as you have a source of income that shouldn't thier problem. They just look for lame excuses. Well na we dey beg to enter there country so na to dey try luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2018
ozymes:
Hello house, Please I was granted 6months Uk visit visa in 2010, 2 years in 2011, 2 years in 2014, 6 months in 2017. Can I just apply for 10 years straight in my next renewal and be granted the 10 years visit visa? @ justwise, Omo Bendel please, your opinion is highly needed here

You can apply for 10yrs if you convince the ECO that you are a frequent traveler to the U.K. or that you will be frequenting the UK in future else I will advise you to go for 5yrs.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2018
Aight. Thank you
justwise:

You can apply for 10yrs if you convince the ECO that you are a frequent traveler to the U.K. or that you will be frequenting the UK in future else I will advise you to go for 5yrs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by agbedex: 4:20pm On Jul 12, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I think there's no where you are asked in that form about your application that is older than 10 years, I should be corrected if I'm wrong sha. Why open closed matters when you are not asked? I do not think it's a goodbye yet sha, unless you are asked questions related to that on the form and you lie about your answer, no need, I think that is when it is of necessity for you to do that explanation you intend doing.
Thanks for your response.
I still need more responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 6:39pm On Jul 12, 2018
luvhenry:

So sorry to see this bro...may God grant all our heart desires....i just received my refund today bro...i will update on the outcome of my application when i get my passport ..InshaAllah success i pray for
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ofalu047(m): 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2018
Pls Treat as Urgent
Mods! Mods!! Mods!!!
I want to say thanks to the mods of this section, and everyother persons that have been proferring solutions to various problems posted here.

Pls, I submitted my Standard Visitor's visa on the 12th of June, 2018, and no the Decision box on my TLS page hasnt yet been ticked, neither have l recieved any email. Is there anybody who has experienced such long delays before and what can l do to speed things up?
Is there a need to worry about anything, prolly missing documents?
Pls pardon my questions, l am just a lil bit distraught right now.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oladipodamy: 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2018
Hello everyone. I wrote here the other time that I am going for my masters program in at New York film Academy in america by september which I already have my visa for that but I just want to use it as an avenue to visit London film school which I was advised to get an invitation letter from London film school. I contacted London film school but they said they will be on break by that time unless I want to come in October but I will be in America studying by that time.
I now contacted my friend which he contacted his uncle in uk and he gave me his British passport data page and invitation letter. Do you think I should use the persons documents or I should just use hotel reservation or I should forget it? Thank you bosssssss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luvhenry(m): 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
iapt:

So sorry to see this bro...may God grant all our heart desires....i just received my refund today bro...i will update on the outcome of my application when i get my passport ..InshaAllah success i pray for

Aii chief. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luvhenry(m): 7:54pm On Jul 12, 2018
Nonny1234:

Hmmmm r they saying the funds is too small or too much? This pple analysing this things sef how r they thinking it. Anybody can spend any amount of money at anytime doesn't really matter if it's your last n as long as you have a source of income that shouldn't thier problem. They just look for lame excuses. Well na we dey beg to enter there country so na to dey try luck.

I just tire. Last yr dey said i sufficient funds. This year I had 1.7m in my account and wanted to spend about 550k. They said d money i intend to spend is too much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2018
How much is UK flight from Nigeria to London?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KDK(m): 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2018
Oladipodamy:
Hello everyone. I wrote here the other time that I am going for my masters program in at New York film Academy in america by september which I already have my visa for that but I just want to use it as an avenue to visit London film school which I was advised to get an invitation letter from London film school. I contacted London film school but they said they will be on break by that time unless I want to come in October but I will be in America studying by that time.
I now contacted my friend which he contacted his uncle in uk and he gave me his British passport data page and invitation letter. Do you think I should use the persons documents or I should just use hotel reservation or I should forget it? Thank you bosssssss

My advise is that you forget the UK visit for now. Go for your studies and apply to visit the UK from there. The visa will not only be easier for you but it will kill any doubt that might arise about you wanting to enter the uk and not return (which is their main concern). Although your US visa will give you a better standing, be smart, apply from the US since you are a student. All the best in whatever decision you take.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oladipodamy: 9:28pm On Jul 12, 2018
Thanks bro

My advise is that you forget the UK visit for now. Go for your studies and apply to visit the UK from there. The visa will not only be easier for you but it will kill any doubt that might arise about you wanting to enter the uk and not return (which is their main concern). Although your US visa will give you a better standing, be smart, apply from the US since you are a student. All the best in whatever decision you take.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KDK(m): 9:29pm On Jul 12, 2018
olugere:
How much is UK flight from Nigeria to London?

Depends on the airline, route, class and other factors such as stop overs.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Me4wealth2018: 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2018
Hello guys

Thanks for all your contribution here. Is been very helpful. I have been issued 6months Visa and would be travelling this Friday.

I'm thinking of cancelling my hotel booking used in processing d visa. Will this affect me in any way and Wats the screening at d border like? Just curious cos is my first time of travelling to d UK. Don't want any issue

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2018
buddiemm:
Good afternoon all. My name is ADEYEMI OLABODE, I have been to the UK before but I recently applied for a work visa which was refused. In my previous application I do write my wife's name as AKINYEMI DEBORAH. AKINYEMI is her maiden name and because that is the name on her current passport and the passport was issued before we got married. Though she has never applied to go to UK before. My question is this: We are expecting a baby by end of July and our baby's birth certificate will show my wife's name as ADEYEMI DEBORAH and NOT AKINYEMI DEBORAH which is the name I have beem writting on my application as spouse name. I am planning to apply to visit the UK for 2 weeks alone im October and I will like to submit our child's birth certificate with my application. Won't it cause am issue for the ECO to see my wife's name as ADEYEMI DEBORAH as against AKINYEMI DEBORAH I have been writing before? I have a change of name document for her which was done through Nigerian Tribune in 2016 but I didn't submit it in my previous application. Should I go and do another change of name for her before the delivery of our baby? Please I need your responses. Thanks. PLEASE NOTE HER CURRENT PASSPORT WILL EXPIRE IN FEBRUARY 2019

Justwise, ekpotek and other gurus please respond. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.