Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,631 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531322 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2018
alert20:

from tomorrow its free till ending of the month...

Please what is free?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by seyola(m): 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2018
[You are good to go.quote author=iapt post=69206618]

Please guys, i need to ask a question about what this post...the poster said he was refused a visa, reason being "low and insufficient funds in his account" with 1.5m balance...i dont know how true this is, Because in my own case i have 1.3m in my account (savings 990k, company 400k) with 3landed properties and planning to apply with budget of 820k (1700£)...i think there are cases here where people with equivalent or lower balance gets their visas issued...please someone should kindly clear my doubt.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jedisco(m): 4:10pm On Jul 09, 2018
Good day house.

Please I have some issues I want to clarify with my visa application.

1. I am about applying for a 4 day visit to take an exam. The breakdown of my expenses are
Flight - £600
Accommodation - £41
Living expenses - 75
miscellaneous - 75
Total- £791
Is the total and breakdown ok or do I need to make some changes

2. I have been having problems securing the required accommodation on booking.com as both my GT and Diamond Bank Cards are being rejected. Is there any remedy for this?

3.As regards my account balance, I got a government job about 8 mnts ago. I wasn't paid for the first 6 mnts and received the bulk sum of just under a million naira 2 mnts ago. Before this, my account had come down to zero as I burnt through my savings during the wait. Now after the pay, I had to use about 550k to book for the exam and settle other expenses but now my account is back to about 810k. I have d payslips with a base salary of about 160k and a side job that pays about 100k monthly. The issue is that sometimes, I am paid in cash for the side job so it may not always reflect on my account. Is my account in order to apply?

4. Someone told me I should have at least 800k. The issue is if I go ahead and pay for the application, my account would drop below that. Can I print my statement first before paying? Would it have an adverse effect on my application as my account wouldn't reflect where I paid from.

@justwise @ ekpotek
@folmus @abnot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KDK(m): 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2018
adelejane:
Hi gurus, please I applied for a tourist visa with my kids on the 21st of June. We are to attend my brothers graduation which is coming up on the 5th which is tomorrow. We paid for priority visa.and it’s about the 10th working day and nothing stitill.
I did my masters in the UK , had a post study visa and even visited with my daughter on a tourist visa in 2015/2916 without over staying . We have now applied for a two years visit visa and Paid for priority cos we have to attend the grad but 10 workings days with no better update . All I see on the tracker is with ukvi. Please what do I do? I paid way too much for this and don’t thinks it fair.636 pounds for the three of us

Have you gotten your passport back?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 5:49pm On Jul 09, 2018
ysfraimi20:
Thank you for your concern, i believe renewal shouldn't take much time since it's not a fresh application. Well let see if it will be ready this week as you say

The U.K. doesn’t have a renewal system like the US so they treat every application as a new application however the visa officers tend to be a lot lenient towards those who have visited the U.K. and played by the rules
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Childofgrace123: 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2018
I am in d same shoes with you. On the 18th June too. I submitted for renewal for my daughter and yet to see decision ticked or ready for collection.Its so frustrating cos I didn't know renewal takes so much time now. Am tired of refreshing my email hoping to see a message from them. If I knew, I would have applied much earlier plus tickets are getting expensive now.

uote author=ysfraimi20 post=69210007]Hello gurus, Please help with idea. I submitted on 18th of june for my Uk visa renewal....Up til now I haven't hear from them and when I track it says Received by UKVI since 27th of june.

Your help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 8:48pm On Jul 09, 2018
jedisco:
Good day house.

1. I am about applying for a 4 day visit to take an exam. The breakdown of my expenses are
Flight - £600
Accommodation - £41
Living expenses - 75
miscellaneous - 75
Total- £791

2. I have been having problems securing the required accommodation on booking.com as both my GT and Diamond Bank Cards are being rejected. Is there any remedy for this?

3.As regards my account balance, I got a government job about 8 mnts ago. I wasn't paid for the first 6 mnts and received the bulk sum of just under a million naira 2 mnts ago. Before this, my account had come down to zero as I burnt through my savings during the wait. Now after the pay, I had to use about 550k to book for the exam and settle other expenses but now my account is back to about 810k. I have d payslips with a base salary of about 160k and a side job that pays about 100k monthly. The issue is that sometimes, I am paid in cash for the side job so it may not always reflect on my account. Is my account in order to apply?

4. Someone told me I should have at least 800k. The issue is if I go ahead and pay for the application, my account would drop below that. Can I print my statement first before paying? Would it have an adverse effect on my application as my account wouldn't reflect where I paid from.

@justwise @ ekpotek
@folmus @abnot

Bros, the accommodation must be a hostel if am right. However, I dont know whether your living expenses for 4 days will be fine, although there is no where in the application for such breakdown. Explain the sources of your savings in your cover letter. print the statement before you pay the application, no problem. it's paltry. I don't know why you have problem booking your accommodation with your cards; consult your bank. We can only advise; nobody can predict the outcome here.

Goodluck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jedisco(m): 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2018
folmus:

Bros, the accommodation must be a hostel if am right. However, I dont know whether your living expenses for 4 days will be fine, although there is no where in the application for such breakdown. Explain the sources of your savings in your cover letter. print the statement before you pay the application, no problem. it's paltry. I don't know why you have problem booking your accommodation with your cards; consult your bank. We can only advise; nobody can predict the outcome here.

Goodluck.

Thanks.
Yes it's a hostel. I might not necessarily stay there but I need it to keep my budget within limits so as to get the visa.
I intend to put the breakdown in my cover letter. I might use some other persons account to pay for my application.
I'm just looking at the acceptability of the £791 which is about 380k and also my savings. I'm thinking of reducing it to £750. But I'm thinking it may be too low? What do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by modash(m): 11:52pm On Jul 09, 2018
adelejane:
Hello ALL, posted yesterday about paying for priority and not getting any update. I applied with my son and daughter . And we All got our 2 years multiple entry. . Got a mail yesterday from Croydon visa section that our passport has been dispatched and also got a mail from tls that it’s ready for collection today . Went to pick up and it was granted . I noticed tls doesn’t update on time thought . Best of luck to those still waiting

please can you give me an idea of the amount of money you had to show for three of you
am also planning a trip for my wife and two sons.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luvhenry(m): 5:09am On Jul 10, 2018
iapt:

I tire ooo....i no even know what to do...lets hope on this week sha...if not, i go call them by thursday...but i will def keep you posted when i receive an alert...thank

Aii sir. Did u re apply sef
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by person123: 9:19am On Jul 10, 2018
Hello Nairaland am new to this forum and have read some of your comments which are helpful. Please kindly help me in analyzing my UK visa decision which i collected on the 9th of July. Also see attached my refusal letter and visa application i filled. I own and manage a registered firm of estate surveyors and valuers (Registered with CAC as a Business Name as part of the rules governing our body. i look forward hearing from my good people in the house.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KDK(m): 10:43am On Jul 10, 2018
person123:
Hello Nairaland am new to this forum and have read some of your comments which are helpful. Please kindly help me in analyzing my UK visa decision which i collected on the 9th of July. Also see attached my refusal letter and visa application i filled. I own and manage a registered firm of estate surveyors and valuers (Registered with CAC as a Business Name as part of the rules governing our body. i look forward hearing from my good people in the house.

The ECO is correct. The business is an entity of its own and is different from you. Unless you had stated that the business was sponsoring your vacation, then the account statement would have been acceptable. To show financial standing, you need to show funds in your personal account and not a business account. Or you demonstrate that you have full access to the business fund by submitting documents to support such. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:44am On Jul 10, 2018
person123:

This is a clear case of using an applicant using a business account to fund a private trip. UKIV does not permit this. If you want to reapply, you will need to provide documentation that you have access to the business account as a sole signatory from your bank. And also if the company have directors list in CAC, then you must provide document by the other directors authorizing you to using their company fund. Alternatively build up your private bank account and use that in subsequent application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ofalu047(m): 11:38am On Jul 10, 2018
Good day everyone.
I want to say thanks to the mods of this section, and everyother persons that have been proferring solutions to various problems posted here.

Pls, I submitted my Standard Visitor's visa on the 12th of June, 2018, and no the Decision box on my TLS page hasnt yet been ticked, neither have l revived any email. Is there anybody who has experienced such long delays before and what can l do to speed things up?
Is there a need to worry about anything, prolly missing documents?
Pls pardon my questions, l am just a lil bit distraught right now.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ysfraimi20(m): 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2018
Thank you all for your help! I received email from TLS yesterday confirming passport is ready for collection and went to pick up this morning....Visa was granted since last week just that they didn't update on time or probably is the new procedure.

God bless and good luck to other applicant.
Thanks
Ysf

Childofgrace123:
I am in d same shoes with you. On the 18th June too. I submitted for renewal for my daughter and yet to see decision ticked or ready for collection.Its so frustrating cos I didn't know renewal takes so much time now. Am tired of refreshing my email hoping to see a message from them. If I knew, I would have applied much earlier plus tickets are getting expensive now.

uote author=ysfraimi20 post=69210007]Hello gurus, Please help with idea. I submitted on 18th of june for my Uk visa renewal....Up til now I haven't hear from them and when I track it says Received by UKVI since 27th of june.

Your help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jedisco(m): 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2018
jedisco:
Good day house.

Flight - £600
Accommodation - £41
Living expenses - 75
miscellaneous - 75
Total- £791

@justwise @ekpotek
@folmus @abnot

Please more opinions needed urgently
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by person123: 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2018
KDK:

The ECO is correct. The business is an entity of its own and is different from you. Unless you had stated that the business was sponsoring your vacation, then the account statement would have been acceptable. To show financial standing, you need to show funds in your personal account and not a business account. Or you demonstrate that you have full access to the business fund by submitting documents to support such. I hope this helps.

my company is registered under business name. it not a limited liability company and as such has no board of directors or share holders. I am the sole proprietor, i make all the decisions regarding the day to day running of the business including the finances. I got a reference letter from my bank informing them that I am the sole signatory to the account I presented. what could have gone wrong. is it that my documents were not properly scrutinized
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KDK(m): 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2018
person123:

my company is registered under business name. it not a limited liability company and as such has no board of directors or share holders. I am the sole proprietor, i make all the decisions regarding the day to day running of the business including the finances. I got a reference letter from my bank informing them that I am the sole signatory to the account I presented. what could have gone wrong. is it that my documents were not properly scrutinized

This complicates the matter. It seems the ECO makes a lot of mistakes these days. Yet these their no-appeal policy is complicating matters.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2018
person123:

It is still a business account and the ECO has clearly stated that it cannot be used for a private vacation. So you need to come up with convincing reasons why you want to draw fund from your business account. You could explain to the ECO that you also used this account for personal expenses and support it with documents.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KDK(m): 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
ekpotek:

It is still a business account and the ECO has clearly stated that it cannot be used for a private vacation. So you need to come up with convincing reasons why you want to draw fund from your business account. You could explain to the ECO that you also used this account for personal expenses and support it with documents.

Supported.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2018
Please Gurus, what's the acceptable time lag between when you do your Tuberculosis test and when you applied for ur visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marylanderr: 5:34am On Jul 11, 2018
nomad26:
@PefHouse,
I don't think your dad needs to write a sponsorship letter. In your case, your mum is the sole sponsor of their trip so I suggest she writes a cover letter and both of them sign this letter.
This is what I did for my parents visa application - one cover letter written by my mum and signed by her and her husband (although I was the sponsor in their own case).

Can you advise on how this worked out for you? If a British citizen is trying to invite her parent and is sponsoring the parent’s trip (as a gift) is it accepted?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 7:29am On Jul 11, 2018
luvhenry:

Aii sir. Did u re apply sef

Yes sir...i just reapplied...but i received a mail from "Africa Refund", that my refund has been accepted and sent to worldpay...i think someone said that here some few days ago...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 7:35am On Jul 11, 2018
ysfraimi20:
Thank you all for your help! I received email from TLS yesterday confirming passport is ready for collection and went to pick up this morning....Visa was granted since last week just that they didn't update on time or probably is the new procedure.

God bless and good luck to other applicant.
Thanks
Ysf

Congratulations sir...please kindly share with us, documents you submitted so we can learn from you...God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ysfraimi20(m): 9:18am On Jul 11, 2018
Proof of funds which is bank statement with closing balance of about 5m in two account.
letter from my company which am the CEO
Hotel
Tour
Tax
Properties
Marriage Cert
Family pics
copies of past Uk and Schengen visas.

That's all....although have had issues with them in past which i involved immigration lawyer and since then we no get issues again....na just renewal with lesser documents.

I'll advice any refusal issue to get immigration lawyer and stop wasting visa fee because UK can deny eh... Good luck
Thanks
Ysf
iapt:

Congratulations sir...please kindly share with us, documents you submitted so we can learn from you...God bless

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 10:14am On Jul 11, 2018
In my own opinion, I think it is perfectly acceptable. In my case, I am not a british citizen, I am on Tier 2 visa and I stated that I am fully sponsoring my parents trip as a gift to them.
However, we also included proof that they are both working (self-employed) and have businesses in Nigeria that they will return to. I think this helps to satisfy the ECO's concern that they won't stay back in UK illegally. We also included their bank statements (they both had roughly 600k each in their accounts) and two land documents.
In summary, from your end, provide proof that you have adequate funds to sponsor them and from your parents end, provide proof that they are established in Nigeria and will return after their trip. Good luck smiley

marylanderr:

Can you advise on how this worked out for you? If a British citizen is trying to invite her parent and is sponsoring the parent’s trip (as a gift) is it accepted?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marylanderr: 10:48am On Jul 11, 2018
Thank you for your quick response. Yes, all of the about were submitted. Bank statements however does not have much but shows a steady inflow of payments. Submitted support letter, bank statements from the UK, then land properties, employment letter and bank statements from parent’s side in Nigeria. How long did your parents’ application take? We applied a week ago but I only just received an email saying application in possession of Ukvi even though TLS has had it like that since last week.

Thanks again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 11:28am On Jul 11, 2018
ysfraimi20:
Proof of funds which is bank statement with closing balance of about 5m in two account.
letter from my company which am the CEO
Hotel
Tour
Tax
Properties
Marriage Cert
Family pics
copies of past Uk and Schengen visas.

That's all....although have had issues with them in past which i involved immigration lawyer and since then we no get issues again....na just renewal with lesser documents.

I'll advice any refusal issue to get immigration lawyer and stop wasting visa fee because UK can deny eh... Good luck
Thanks
Ysf

Thanks for the helpful tips sir...you have done a great one...Congratulations to you once again and Best of luck to the rest of us waiting for a decision...MonshaAllah

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2018
They did biometrics on 12th June and got passports back on 3rd July, excluding the sallah public holidays and weekends, it took 13 working days.

marylanderr:
Thank you for your quick response. Yes, all of the about were submitted. Bank statements however does not have much but shows a steady inflow of payments. Submitted support letter, bank statements from the UK, then land properties, employment letter and bank statements from parent’s side in Nigeria. How long did your parents’ application take? We applied a week ago but I only just received an email saying application in possession of Ukvi even though TLS has had it like that since last week.

Thanks again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TheExalted: 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2018
Hello folks,

Quick question, is hotel booking on booking.com or hotel.com acceptable to UK Visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.