Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528699 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jowa16: 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2018
@ekpotek,my sister was a sponsor and I declared that am paying for part of the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oluwo1: 6:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
ekpotek:

Be honest with your refusal and you will be fine. If you have not breached any immigration laws in the UK, then you have nothing to fear. You application will be assessed using your present circumstances.

Thank you very much for the prompt response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
jowa16:
@ekpotek,my sister was a sponsor and I declared that am paying for part of the trip

Sometimes it is not unusual if the sponsor is not interviewed. If your application is straight forward the ECO may decide not call your sponsor. However, you will only know the outcome when you get your passport back.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mrcodebreaker: 6:32pm On Aug 08, 2018
ekpotek:

You are likely to get refuse, if you rely only on corporate bank account. Unless you can proof with documents that your trip is business related. The purpose of visit is pleasure so you need to use your personal account for the trip!

Wow! really I was thinking I had everything sorted. I have about 30k in my personal account so can I transfer the 750k from my corporate account to this personal account and say on my into letter that it is for my trip?

Also I used only my corporate account for my sa visa and it was successful. I just added a bank reference letter saying I was sole signatory. Can I not do the same thing in this case?

Please advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mrcodebreaker: 11:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
Johnokafor10001:
please i need advise , i know sometimes they dont check account statements .I have company under name registered with CAC and i have 30million naira inside the company account and i am the only signatory BUT do not have more than 50 thausands naira in my personal saving account

can i apply using company account without my saving account .

Me and You seem to be facing the same situation. There is a lot of activity in my personal account but currently its about 30k in it. I am an architect and builder. Using company statement and bank ref stating i am signatory, Is it now possible to say I am going to look at design inspiration in london. More like to go gain knowledge and insight? Thoughts and Opinions please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MT: 12:23am On Aug 09, 2018
Please house, how do I fill the UK application form to indicate that we are a GROUP. 4 of us are being sponsored as delegates to attend a conference by our company. One of the 4 is the MD of the company. Where and How do we indicate that we are GROUP and we want to submit the application same time. Note that the company is the sponsor of the trip. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lamide123: 2:28am On Aug 09, 2018
mrcodebreaker:
What is your total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation, after tax? 400,000
How much do you spend each month on living costs? 165 pounds
How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants? 0
What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? 1500
The total amount of money you have for this trip 750,000
The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets 260,000
The cost of your accommodation (1 week hotel from booking.com) 225,000
The cost of your living expenses 100,000

Please enter details of what you plan to do whilst in the UK?
Architecture Sightseeing for design inspiration
Watch a Chelsea Football Match
Red City Tour bus to take me around the city for Sight Seeing

I have about 6m in the account in the corporate account i plan to submit with also a bank reference latter saying i am sole signatory and I have tax certificate as i am sole signatory. I am not submitting personal account though.

Guys is this ok

@Youngee34
@ekpotek
@justwise
@pataki

@ please anybody give your opinion

You should be fine if you can include the letter saying you are the owner of the business.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oguibe2nice: 3:29am On Aug 09, 2018
Hello Narialanders,

I really need your urgent thoughts on this as I'm ruining low in time::

I am presently a Post graduate student billed to attend a conference in Birmingham, UK from 17th -18t of Sept which relates to my course of studies. The trip will be self sponsored and I plan to stay for only three days. I have also gotten an Introductory letter from the registrar of my school. However, I have some conflicting challenges that needs clarification

1) I have been previously denied visa to the UK (2014) and USA(2018), Hope this won't affect my chances?
2) I own a registered business and run the business primarily from my saving account.. I usually receive deposits from client. Do I need to explain these funds in my application form or cover letter?
3) Should my cover letter be typed on my business letter headed paper and signed as the CEO?
4) What kind of sub visa category do I need to choose? Business or Academic Visit?
5) I plan to spend only 360000 including accommodation, fare and co? Do I need to book a flight to show the accuracy of this figure
6) My present account balance is 1.1mill with assets (land), would that seemingly be sufficient?
Kindly recommend cautions to be taken..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zibe(m): 3:53am On Aug 09, 2018
iapt:

Wooow...you applied on 17th...i applied on 16th of July and paid 100k for priority, till date i have not heard anything about my application..."decision made" is not yet ticked...i tire for this people oo

Ok now I'm scared o. You applied since July 16th and paid for priority? I'd like to think it should be out by now. You should give them a call. I also applied and paid for priority but mine was Thursday last week and got a confirmation from UKVI on Friday. I'm hoping it'll be finalised this week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nenyetube: 5:13am On Aug 09, 2018
Did u apply in Abuja or Lagos...my friend that applied in lag a week after me just got a mail yesterday to come and pick up...i applied since 11th of July...till now no reply...really worried as my ticket is for 13th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:01am On Aug 09, 2018
mrcodebreaker:

Wow! really I was thinking I had everything sorted. I have about 30k in my personal account so can I transfer the 750k from my corporate account to this personal account and say on my into letter that it is for my trip?

Also I used only my corporate account for my sa visa and it was successful. I just added a bank reference letter saying I was sole signatory. Can I not do the same thing in this case?

Please advice

Yes it is possible to move some funds from your business account to your personal account for the trip. However, if the company is a limited liability company, you will need the consent of the board of Directors to justify it. My suggestion would be that you submit both your business and personal accounts as it is. Get a letter of consent from the board authorizing you to use the company funds for your vacation.

SA visa is not hard to get. UK visa is not easy oh, even the Russian owner of Chelsea football club had problem recently getting a UK visa!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:15am On Aug 09, 2018
MT:
Please house, how do I fill the UK application form to indicate that we are a GROUP. 4 of us are being sponsored as delegates to attend a conference by our company. One of the 4 is the MD of the company. Where and How do we indicate that we are GROUP and we want to submit the application same time. Note that the company is the sponsor of the trip. Thanks

There is a question - Are you are traveling with someone else. Here you can list the other applicants in the group. However, many uses this options for family applications. So you do not need to add other applicants if they are not members of your family. Group appointment and submission are made on TLS website. All you need to do is to give your application reference number GWFxxx to group leader to register you on TLS website and book for group submission.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nenyetube: 6:31am On Aug 09, 2018
nenyetube:
Did u apply in Abuja or Lagos...my friend that applied in lag a week after me just got a mail yesterday to come and pick up...i applied since 11th of July...till now no reply...really worried as my ticket is for 13th
@epotek....please reply sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nenyetube: 6:32am On Aug 09, 2018
zibe:

Ok now I'm scared o. You applied since July 16th and paid for priority? I'd like to think it should be out by now. You should give them a call. I also applied and paid for priority but mine was Thursday last week and got a confirmation from UKVI on Friday. I'm hoping it'll be finalised this week.
really worried cus i have just today and friday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 6:45am On Aug 09, 2018
zibe:

Bro i tire ooo....close to a month now oo...i am not scared because some people has something like this in the group and got their visas granted...so i hope its worth the long wait...i will call them if i dont hear anything before the end of tomorrow...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oguibe2nice: 7:01am On Aug 09, 2018
Oguibe2nice:
Hello Narialanders,

I really need your urgent thoughts on this as I'm ruining low in time::

I am presently a Post graduate student billed to attend a conference in Birmingham, UK from 17th -18t of Sept which relates to my course of studies. The trip will be self sponsored and I plan to stay for only three days. I have also gotten an Introductory letter from the registrar of my school. However, I have some conflicting challenges that needs clarification

1) I have been previously denied visa to the UK (2014) and USA(2018), Hope this won't affect my chances?
2) I own a registered business and run the business primarily from my saving account.. I usually receive deposits from client. Do I need to explain these funds in my application form or cover letter?
3) Should my cover letter be typed on my business letter headed paper and signed as the CEO?
4) What kind of sub visa category do I need to choose? Business or Academic Visit?
5) I plan to spend only 360000 including accommodation, fare and co? Do I need to book a flight to show the accuracy of this figure
6) My present account balance is 1.1mill with assets (land), would that seemingly be sufficient?
Kindly recommend cautions to be taken..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 7:02am On Aug 09, 2018
Hello My Ogas,
My Cousin is applying to attend her sisters graduation in the Uk , She has a company thats gonna be a year on the 27th of this month. She'd be applying with her personal account 950k and a business account 2Million+ Plus balance. She got a reference letter stating her as the sole signatory to the coy account. Since the company is gonna be 1 year old this august, would like to know if shes expected to submit a TaX clearance certificate... Personal tax or Business tax if need be . Thanks her budget is attached . lets have ur commet pls .hh

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:17am On Aug 09, 2018
nenyetube:

@epotek....please reply sir

UKVI specifically state that you should not buy air ticket until you get your visa. I suggest that you rescheduled your travel date and rebook you ticket immediately or be prepare to pay for no show fine and cost of rebooking if you eventually get your visa to travel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by technobayo(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2018
nomad26:
For my partner's Tier 2 Dependant visa, application was submitted to TLS in Victoria Island

Timeline (Standard):
31st May: Submitted online application
5th June: Submitted documents and biometrics
28th June: Passport ready for pickup (14 working days ex. public holidays)
Picked up passport same day with visa approved (valid from 25th June)

These are the documents we submitted, in case anyone finds it helpful:

Mine:
1. Original Cover Letter
2. Copy of BRP and all pages of my current passport
3. Copy of my CoS
4. Tenancy agreement
5. Original Maintenance letter from my employer (I didn't submit any bank statement or payslips)

Partner:
1. Completed application form
2. IHS payment reference
3. Copy of all pages of current passport
4. Passport photograph (which were not collected so no need wasting money)
5. Original Marriage certificate
6. Original TB certificate
7. 3 years whatsapp chat and call log (screenshots on A4 page)
8. Copy of flight tickets of holidays we've taken together
9. Pictures of both of us on holidays/wedding

Hello,

Please, in view of my Tier 2 Dependant UK visa to join my wife, I'd like you to help clarify the following:

(1) The CoS - from what I know is just a number. Is there any doc of any sort that one needs to print out?
(2) IHS or NHS - I haven't seen anything to its effect during my application filling. Where and how do I make the payment?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 9:12am On Aug 09, 2018
technobayo:

Hello,

Please, in view of my Tier 2 Dependant UK visa to join my wife, I'd like you to help clarify the following:

(1) The CoS - from what I know is just a number. Is there any doc of any sort that one needs to print out?
(2) IHS or NHS - I haven't seen anything to its effect during my application filling. Where and how do I make the payment?

Thanks

Hello sir...i think you should search for a thread for UK Tier 2 Dependent visa, this thread is only for UK standard visit visa... i dont think anybody here will be able to help you because people here are not familiar with this terms (CoS, IHS or NHS)...i hope this helps

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MT: 11:31am On Aug 09, 2018
ekpotek:

There is a question - Are you are traveling with someone else. Here you can list the other applicants in the group. However, many uses this options for family applications. So you do not need to add other applicants if they are not members of your family. Group appointment and submission are made on TLS website. All you need to do is to give your application reference number GWFxxx to group leader to register you on TLS website and book for group submission.

Many thanks sir/ma
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2018
Thanks to all the pundits in the house for your selfless assistance and advise. I have the following questions

1...based on advice I got from here that I should not honor invitations from a friend I have not seen before, I have decided to forego visit visa application and go for tourist but the problem is i don't have any travel history - I only traveled once to Benin Republic and didn't travel with my passport(I went through seme border). How is this going to affect the application?

2..if I go to Benin Republic and get my passport stamped and if i travel to Ghana and get Ghana immigration stamps on my passport, will all these be seen as immigration history?

3..aside my job, I have a large maize and beans farms. Can I attach pictures I took in farm as a tie when applying for the tourist visa?

4. Where I work my payslips do not reflect tax deduction - the staff do not get tax deduction, though the organization pay tax.... How do i explain this in my application...

Answr me Please and please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bensky: 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2018
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I trust your day is going as planned?

I have an interview on Monday at the VI office and i have been denied a uk visa 7 years ago and a german visa last year. I got an invitation from a friend who is taking care of my accommodation and feeding as stated in the letter to the embassy. I earn 153k Plus after tax and have a treasury bill of 500k which and a pension account of 1m+ , letter of employment , tenancy agreement, car ownership and receipt of car which i plan to use to back up my ties in Nigeria as i'm single . Lol . Please what do you guys think of my possibility of getting the visa. I stated that i plan to spend 780 pounds for this trip including flight and ticket for a 10 days trip. Please kindly advise me on the likely questions to prep myself with just incase they decide to do an interview. Please i will appreciate any useful advise that will help me on monday. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2018
bensky:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I trust your day is going as planned?

I have an interview on Monday at the VI office and i have been denied a uk visa 7 years ago and a german visa last year. I got an invitation from a friend who is taking care of my accommodation and feeding as stated in the letter to the embassy. I earn 153k Plus after tax and have a treasury bill of 500k which and a pension account of 1m+ , letter of employment , tenancy agreement, car ownership and receipt of car which i plan to use to back up my ties in Nigeria as i'm single . Lol . Please what do you guys think of my possibility of getting the visa. I stated that i plan to spend 780 pounds for this trip including flight and ticket for a 10 days trip. Please kindly advise me on the likely questions to prep myself with just incase they decide to do an interview. Please i will appreciate any useful advise that will help me on monday. Thank you

Since you have already submitted online. There is really nothing one can do in terms of your expenses profile for the trip. Also note that there is no interview. You are only require to bring all your supporting documents and passport for scanning to UKVI.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Johnokafor10001: 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2018
money lodgement is a red flag to visa application , most people tend to transfer money few months to their visa application , i did that in 2015 i got rejected , i want to submit only my company account and ref letter from my bank . what do you think ? because if i transfer from company account to my personal account that might be a red flag .so i will submit my cac certificate and the company account statement and bank ref letter as the sole signatory .
mrcodebreaker:

Me and You seem to be facing the same situation. There is a lot of activity in my personal account but currently its about 30k in it. I am an architect and builder. Using company statement and bank ref stating i am signatory, Is it now possible to say I am going to look at design inspiration in london. More like to go gain knowledge and insight? Thoughts and Opinions please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lilusm: 2:57pm On Aug 09, 2018
This topic helped me a lot. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by galazito: 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2018
Good day gurus in the house...
It seems people don't understand that using your business account to apply for a tourist visa without a detailed information about your spending while on a vacation is already a red flag.
It is expected of you not to use your business money for vacationing since its just for pleasure oriented travel. It has been discussed on this platform about how to fuss in your business proceeds while applying for a tourist visa but people keep talking about using business account...though is all about how you package your app.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mrcodebreaker: 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2018
So what do we do bro. I plan applying on monday. Please I would like anyone who has insight on our present situation to chip in. I plan to present both accounts then. An agent is advising i pay 1m in the personal account and describe it as Annual leave Expenses. And then present both personal and business accounts.

Has anyone had this experience and what we can do?

Guyssssssssssss Helppppppppppp?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Johnokafor10001: 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2018
galazito:
Good day gurus in the house...
It seems people don't understand that using your business account to apply for a tourist visa without a detailed information about your spending while on a vacation is already a red flag.
It is expected of you not to use your business money for vacationing since its just for pleasure oriented travel. It has been discussed on this platform about how to fuss in your business proceeds while applying for a tourist visa but people keep talking about using business account...though is all about how you package your app.
it is not true i just left wakanow visa business office and i paid above 60,000 naira just to ask this question and other visa processing procedure . you can use your company account if you have above 10,000,000 and state how much you are going to use from the company account with your bank ref number stating you are the sole signatory. thank you for your suggestion anyway .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Johnokafor10001: 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2018
mrcodebreaker:
So what do we do bro. I plan applying on monday. Please I would like anyone who has insight on our present situation to chip in. I plan to present both accounts then. An agent is advising i pay 1m in the personal account and describe it as Annual leave Expenses. And then present both personal and business accounts.

Has anyone had this experience and what we can do?

Guyssssssssssss Helppppppppppp?
lets be hopeful .someone pops in and help .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngee34: 3:59pm On Aug 09, 2018
zibe:

Same here ooo, I applied last week wednesday and paid for priority as well, got received at sheffield email on friday....still waiting till now.
I'm also hoping it gets finalized this friday....
I can't stop checking email every now and then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2018
Johnokafor10001:
it is not true i just left wakanow visa business office and i paid above 60,000 naira just to ask this question and other visa processing procedure . you can use your company account if you have above 10,000,000 and state how much you are going to use from the company account with your bank ref number stating you are the sole signatory. thank you for your suggestion anyway .

when you know wakanow why are you now here on this thread again bro if you want to use an agent go ahead and use it and stop derailing this thread....

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.