Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,397 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528732 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 2:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
Ndkings1:
Thanks to all the pundits in the house for your selfless assistance and advise. I have the following questions

1...based on advice I got from here that I should not honor invitations from a friend I have not seen before, I have decided to forego visit visa application and go for tourist but the problem is i don't have any travel history - I only traveled once to Benin Republic and didn't travel with my passport(I went through seme border). How is this going to affect the application?

2..if I go to Benin Republic and get my passport stamped and if i travel to Ghana and get Ghana immigration stamps on my passport, will all these be seen as immigration history?

3..aside my job, I have a large maize and beans farms. Can I attach pictures I took in farm as a tie when applying for the tourist visa?

4. Where I work my payslips do not reflect tax deduction - the staff do not get tax deduction, though the organization pay tax.... How do i explain this in my application...

Answr me Please and please

@ekpotek
@justwise
God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngee34: 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2018
zibe:

Just came back from there. They said it hasn't come back to them. I tire

Thanks for your effort.

But this is really worrying.

So what do we do now?
To call them again or what?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zibe(m): 3:15pm On Aug 10, 2018
Youngee34:

Thanks for your effort.

But this is really worrying.

So what do we do now?
To call them again or what?

I guess it's to wait till Monday. Hopefully the courier guys would have brought them back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amaeve(f): 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2018
Please I have 80k in my personal account and 100k in my business account, it was 500000 last July but I withdrew all last week to buy goods for my shop and so far, I have made 100k. Please I am not sponsoring my trip in anyway, will these bank statements be a basis for visa refusal. I have my business certificate with CAC, TIN from FIRS, business tenancy agreements, also processing my tax clearance certificate to be collected on Monday. Please gurus help me, what else do I need. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oguibe2nice: 3:43pm On Aug 10, 2018
Hello Narialanders,

I really need your urgent thoughts on this as I'm ruining low in time::

I am presently a Post graduate student billed to attend a conference in Birmingham, UK from 17th -18t of Sept which relates to my course of studies. The trip will be self sponsored and I plan to stay for only three days. I have also gotten an Introductory letter from the registrar of my school. However, I have some conflicting challenges that needs clarification

1) I have been previously denied visa to the UK (2014) and USA(2018), Hope this won't affect my chances?
2) I own a registered business and run the business primarily from my saving account.. I usually receive deposits from client. Do I need to explain these funds in my application form or cover letter?
3) Should my cover letter be typed on my business letter headed paper and signed as the CEO?
4) What kind of sub visa category do I need to choose? Business or Academic Visit?
5) I plan to spend only 360000 including accommodation, fare and co? Do I need to book a flight to show the accuracy of this figure
6) My present account balance is 1.1mill with assets (land), would that seemingly be sufficient?
Kindly recommend cautions to be taken..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amaeve(f): 3:44pm On Aug 10, 2018
Can I submit statement of account from the month of February to the month of July. Must I include the month of August. As at the end of July, I had over 500k in my business account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 4:58pm On Aug 10, 2018
zibe:

I guess it's to wait till Monday. Hopefully the courier guys would have brought them back.

Yes bro...thats what i am thinking too...maybe we should just wait...there is nothing to do...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chiinj(m): 5:26pm On Aug 10, 2018
Thanks nomad26. She owns a small business and is actively involved in her home church. I intend to submit the following:

For myself (to show that I am the sponsor):
- letter of invitation stating that I am the sponsor and will be providing accomodation, ticket and upkeep
- original birth certificate
- recent payslips (up to the last 6 months)
- salary/current account savings showing recent transactions plus the amount that I have budgeted -£800.
- copy of my tenancy agreement
- copy of my passport data page and BRP

For my mum

- 6-month bank statement showing that she has the emergency fund in her account
- some of our pictures (i'm not sure about this one)
- cover letter signed by her confirming that she is my mum and explaining her ties to home, business etc.
- proof of business - CAC certificate of her company and necessary tax docs
- proof of ties to home - she has some speaking engagements lined up on her return back to Nigeria. we will be including flyers.

What else can I add to this please? Thanks.

nomad26:
Hi chiinj,

Does your mum work or own a business or is she retired? What documents are yoy submitting as proof of ties to home? I'd suggest you list out all the documents you plan to submit and guys here can advise accordingly.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legend1145(m): 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2018
Thanks ekpotek I pick up my passport at Alausa dis morning. I also fill my visa application too, to summit document nxt week Friday. The journey has begin. Wish me good luck
ekpotek:

You just have to wait for your new passport to come out, as your current passport is less than 6 months validity. For visa fees check UKVI website.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Johnokafor10001: 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2018
amaeve:
Please I have 80k in my personal account and 100k in my business account, it was 500000 last July but I withdrew all last week to buy goods for my shop and so far, I have made 100k. Please I am not sponsoring my trip in anyway, will these bank statements be a basis for visa refusal. I have my business certificate with CAC, TIN from FIRS, business tenancy agreements, also processing my tax clearance certificate to be collected on Monday. Please gurus help me, what else do I need. Thank you
you want to apply with 300k as a company ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amaeve(f): 10:00pm On Aug 10, 2018
[quote author=amaeve post=70160411]Please I have 80k in my personal account and 100k in my business account, it was 500000 last July but I withdrew all last week to buy goods for my shop and so far, I have made 100k. Please I am not sponsoring my trip in anyway, will these bank statements be a basis for visa refusal. I have my business certificate with CAC, TIN from FIRS, business tenancy agreements, also processing my tax clearance certificate to be collected on Monday. Please I need help with this. I am not sponsoring the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 1:39pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ndkings1:

@ekpotek @justwise God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mrcodebreaker: 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2018
Guys Please how do I answer these questions?

I am using only my company account as the only account I’m presenting and I also stated in my intro letter I am being sponsored by my company for this trip which I own. I am sole signatory to account I have ref letter and bank statements.

The questions are as follows

1) "What is the cost to you personally of your trip?"

2) "Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip?” (YES/NO)

Looking forward to a prompt response. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:23pm On Aug 11, 2018
mrcodebreaker:
Guys Please how do I answer these questions?

I am using only my company account as the only account I’m presenting and I also stated in my intro letter I am being sponsored by my company for this trip which I own. I am sole signatory to account I have ref letter and bank statements.

The questions are as follows

1) "What is the cost to you personally of your trip?"

2) "Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip?” (YES/NO)

Looking forward to a prompt response. Thanks

You should be able to answer those two questions because you have the answer.

You should know how much a trip will cost you and if anybody else is paying for the trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2018
amaeve:

You don't have a strong tie to Nigeria with that little money in your account, yes you are not sponsoring the trip but at the same time you don't have something strong enough to bring you back to Nigeria if given a visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ndkings1:
Thanks to all the pundits in the house for your selfless assistance and advise. I have the following questions

1...based on advice I got from here that I should not honor invitations from a friend I have not seen before, I have decided to forego visit visa application and go for tourist but the problem is i don't have any travel history - I only traveled once to Benin Republic and didn't travel with my passport(I went through seme border). How is this going to affect the application?

2..if I go to Benin Republic and get my passport stamped and if i travel to Ghana and get Ghana immigration stamps on my passport, will all these be seen as immigration history?

3..aside my job, I have a large maize and beans farms. Can I attach pictures I took in farm as a tie when applying for the tourist visa?

4. Where I work my payslips do not reflect tax deduction - the staff do not get tax deduction, though the organization pay tax.... How do i explain this in my application...

Answr me Please and please

Nothing have changed from the first time i responded to your post, tourist or visiting visa is still the same.

The idea of the trip still remain the same, personally i don't see the need of you wasting your money on this, going to the UK with visiting visa with the intention of staying back doesn't pay, there is no legal or illegal way of regularizing your stay.

Even if you got married to Theresa May's daughter you will still face a tough time in the UK.

You have a better chance in Nigeria to build on what you have now, your salary and your farm is a good ground to build something better for yourself and in a few years time the UK visa will be nothing to you to get.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2018
Oguibe2nice:
Hello Narialanders,

I really need your urgent thoughts on this as I'm ruining low in time::

I am presently a Post graduate student billed to attend a conference in Birmingham, UK from 17th -18t of Sept which relates to my course of studies. The trip will be self sponsored and I plan to stay for only three days. I have also gotten an Introductory letter from the registrar of my school. However, I have some conflicting challenges that needs clarification

1) I have been previously denied visa to the UK (2014) and USA(2018), Hope this won't affect my chances?
2) I own a registered business and run the business primarily from my saving account.. I usually receive deposits from client. Do I need to explain these funds in my application form or cover letter?
3) Should my cover letter be typed on my business letter headed paper and signed as the CEO?
4) What kind of sub visa category do I need to choose? Business or Academic Visit?
5) I plan to spend only 360000 including accommodation, fare and co? Do I need to book a flight to show the accuracy of this figure
6) My present account balance is 1.1mill with assets (land), would that seemingly be sufficient?
Kindly recommend cautions to be taken..

1. Yes if you don't declare those refusal.

2. Yes you need to explain it either in the form or cover letter

3. Type it if you don't have a good handwriting and signed.

4. Academic Visit

5. Flight booking is not needed.

6. That will depend on your average monthly earnings
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mrcodebreaker: 4:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
justwise:

You should be able to answer those two questions because you have the answer.

You should know how much a trip will cost you and if anybody else is paying for the trip.

it says cost to me personally and who else is sponsoring? I am stated sponsored by company in letter. its a bit confusing to me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2018
mrcodebreaker:

it says cost to me personally and who else is sponsoring? I am stated sponsored by company in letter. its a bit confusing to me

Who owns the company? and how many employees?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mrcodebreaker: 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2018
I do

justwise:

Who owns the company? and how many employees?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amaeve(f): 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2018
@justwise please what do you suggest I do? I have tax clearance and the activity on my business and personal account have been regular. What other ties can I use? Must I submit bank statement for this month since I am applying next week?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2018
mrcodebreaker:
I do

Then your business is you and you are your business. You can't separate especially if its one man business.

Its risky to use business account for a non-business trip because that weakens your tie to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2018
amaeve:
@justwise please what do you suggest I do? I have tax clearance and the activity on my business and personal account have been regular. What other ties can I use? Must I submit bank statement for this month since I am applying next week?

You don't need to submit this month's bank statement.

What other documents are you submitting?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amaeve(f): 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2018
@justwise Company ‘s certificate by CAC, TIN from FIRS, Birth certificate, Tenancy agreement, evidence that my man visited me in Nigeria last July(hotel bookings, flight booking from Lagos to Akure) pictures and videos. Tax clearance certificate, international passport, bank statement of business account with a closing of 500k personal bank statement with a closing of 81k. Cover letter. He has invited his family successfully to the U.K twice. He is the sponsor for the trip as a gift to me. There have been inflow and outflow in the two accounts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2018
From my experience, I think the documents you are submitting is adequate. If there are large deposits on your mum's bank statement, I'd advise that she addresses them in her cover letter. Good luck! smiley

chiinj:
Thanks nomad26. She owns a small business and is actively involved in her home church. I intend to submit the following:

For myself (to show that I am the sponsor):
- letter of invitation stating that I am the sponsor and will be providing accomodation, ticket and upkeep
- original birth certificate
- recent payslips (up to the last 6 months)
- salary/current account savings showing recent transactions plus the amount that I have budgeted -£800.
- copy of my tenancy agreement
- copy of my passport data page and BRP

For my mum

- 6-month bank statement showing that she has the emergency fund in her account
- some of our pictures (i'm not sure about this one)
- cover letter signed by her confirming that she is my mum and explaining her ties to home, business etc.
- proof of business - CAC certificate of her company and necessary tax docs
- proof of ties to home - she has some speaking engagements lined up on her return back to Nigeria. we will be including flyers.

What else can I add to this please? Thanks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 7:54am On Aug 12, 2018
justwise:

Nothing have changed from the first time i responded to your post, tourist or visiting visa is still the same.

The idea of the trip still remain the same, personally i don't see the need of you wasting your money on this, going to the UK with visiting visa with the intention of staying back doesn't pay, there is no legal or illegal way of regularizing your stay.

Even if you got married to Theresa May's daughter you will still face a tough time in the UK.

You have a better chance in Nigeria to build on what you have now, your salary and your farm is a good ground to build something better for yourself and in a few years time the UK visa will be nothing to you to get.
Thank you brother
You are the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stefanimay: 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2018
@justwise Nd rest of the team I want to apply fr a visiting visa to meet my husband...it's my first time to apply with no travel history...my question:
1.my husband still stays with his parents who pays the rent,he just started paying the counsil bill tax last month...nd I intend staying in the family house fr the period I will be there...now,who is going to invite me,him or his parents..

2.i want to put in my application two weeks fr my stay, however I intend staying 3months...pls is this going to affect my next application i.e renewal...cause I think I may be refused if I put 3months,emabsaay may think I won't come back to naija..

3.how much should be in my account..I have 1.5mill as at when I want to apply...although my husband will be d sponsor,his salary account is ok.

4.my salary is 250k presently,it was raised from 100 to 250...during the period of the 6months ..pls if the change in my salary reflects on my payslip or statement,will d embassy suspecious?

5.i haven't done my change of name yet..still maiden name..

6.i have two siblings in the UK who are citizens,is it a must I state it in my application cause I don't want to..embassy may think I wont come back to Nigeria

7..pls if u can tell me documents to submit,from me Nd husband..so I know I have everything Nd don't make mistakes..

Pls I need answers,anyone pls..cause I intend applying soon...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:47pm On Aug 12, 2018
amaeve:
@justwise Company ‘s certificate by CAC, TIN from FIRS, Birth certificate, Tenancy agreement, evidence that my man visited me in Nigeria last July(hotel bookings, flight booking from Lagos to Akure) pictures and videos. Tax clearance certificate, international passport, bank statement of business account with a closing of 500k personal bank statement with a closing of 81k. Cover letter. He has invited his family successfully to the U.K twice. He is the sponsor for the trip as a gift to me. There have been inflow and outflow in the two accounts.

You don't need to add your birth certificate, the rest of your documents are ok but you need to add evidence of communication like whatsapp chats, phone call log etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2018
Ndkings1:

Thank you brother
You are the best

Good luck i hope you make the right decision.

All the very best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:56pm On Aug 12, 2018
stefanimay:
@justwise Nd rest of the team I want to apply fr a visiting visa to meet my husband...it's my first time to apply with no travel history...my question:
1.my husband still stays with his parents who pays the rent,he just started paying the counsil bill tax last month...nd I intend staying in the family house fr the period I will be there...now,who is going to invite me,him or his parents..

2.i want to put in my application two weeks fr my stay, however I intend staying 3months...pls is this going to affect my next application i.e renewal...cause I think I may be refused if I put 3months,emabsaay may think I won't come back to naija..

3.how much should be in my account..I have 1.5mill as at when I want to apply...although my husband will be d sponsor,his salary account is ok.

4.my salary is 250k presently,it was raised from 100 to 250...during the period of the 6months ..pls if the change in my salary reflects on my payslip or statement,will d embassy suspecious?

5.i haven't done my change of name yet..still maiden name..

6.i have two siblings in the UK who are citizens,is it a must I state it in my application cause I don't want to..embassy may think I wont come back to Nigeria

7..pls if u can tell me documents to submit,from me Nd husband..so I know I have everything Nd don't make mistakes..

Pls I need answers,anyone pls..cause I intend applying soon...thanks

1. He needs to invite you and state clearly that its a family house, his daddy or mum or both need to give him a written consent to indicate that they are happy to accommodate you throughout your duration of stay. His tax receipt need to be included.

2. Do that and you will learn from the experience during your next visa application, i leave you to make that decision yourself.

3. The answer to this question is everywhere in this thread as we have answered that sort of question far too many times, please read back for an answer.

4. No, there is nothing wrong with that.

5. It doesn't matter present your marriage certificate.

6. List everybody you know in the UK

7. List documents you are planning to submit first
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Johnokafor10001: 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
@justwise , i need your help , i run Uber business and i have bought ten under my name before i registed my company to Bleep nig ltd and stopped buying last year to earn some porfit .

this is my question i intend travelling next month to Uk for business visa

can i change the expired car document from my name to my company name to present them along with my visa application ?

because i do not have any other evidence to show i m doing the business .thank you sir and have a great day .

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.