Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,692 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528822 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chiinj(m): 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2018
Wow! Congratulations to you and your parent.

House please. I intend to do the same for my mum. Although the budget will be different. I'm looking at a budget of £800 because from the thread, endlessgrace, ekpotek etc advised that it is better to have the money for the ticket + a small amount to cover additional expenses (i'm thinking of £200).

I only intend to submit my current(salary) account along with payslips and other information although I will be moving the money from my savings account ( I will explain that I moved the money from my savings to prove that the funds are easily accessible in a cover letter).

Although I will be sponsoring the trip fully, I will be stating that in the form but will say that she will have some money to hold during her trip in case of any emergency.

Please house can someone advise me if I am missing some more information. Does she need to submit other documents apart from birth certificate, proof of ties to home and bank statement to show she has the money to hold for the trip in her account?

Thank you

nomad26:
For my parents application for 6-months visitor visa, budget was 3000 GBP for 2 weeks and I stated that I will fully sponsor their trip. They are both self-employed.

Timeline (Standard): TLS Abuja
3rd June: Submitted online application
12th June: Submitted documents and biometrics
3rd July: Passport ready for pickup (13 working days ex. public holidays)
Picked up passports the next day with both visas approved (valid from 29th June)

These are the documents we submitted with their application:

Mine:
1. Original Invitation Letter
2. Copy of BRP and my passport data page
3. Birth certificate
4. Tenancy agreement
5. 6-months payslip
6. 6-months bank statement savings account (2K in this account)
7. 6-months bank statement salary account (3K in this account)

Parents:
1. Cover letter, signed by both of them
2. Company CAC certificate of their registered company
3. Their office tenancy agreement
4. 6-months bank statement from both of them
5. Excel table explaining deposits into their account (I can share a format if anyone's interested)
6. Land C of O and sales agreement
7. C of O of their residential house
8. Marriage certificate

FYI, they didn't submit any tax certificate, I was a bit worried about that but thank God it didn't matter. Now to start hunting for cheap tickets! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 5:11pm On Aug 09, 2018
Hello house, you guys are doing a great job here:

I collected my passport with visa stamped today.
Timelines:
Passport submission and biometric July 18
I received a mail from UKVI for decision July 24
Yesterday another msg for pick up Aug 8
Received my passport today Aug 9

6 months multiple visa

Thanks to you all

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Johnokafor10001: 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
alert20:

when you know wakanow why are you now here on this thread again bro if you want to use an agent go ahead and use it and stop derailing this thread....
well i m sorry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amaeve(f): 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2018
Good evening. Last year i wrote that i wanted to visit my boyfriend in the United Kingdom, i was adviced to build a strong tie and run the business for a year. I registered the business last year June and was paying myself certain salary. Please i want to apply for the Visa next week and all expenses will be taken care of by my boyfriend. What documents can i present? I have read backwards and couldn’t get an answer. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by seyola(m): 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2018
Hello Gurus in the house. Please i write to inquire if "Yellow card" is a MUST for person traveling to London (Ethiopian Air) via addis ababa?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amaeve(f): 7:43pm On Aug 09, 2018
Please can I send you a private message. I really need your help.

@justwise @ekpotex
Please what are the criteria and price for a fiancé visa UK, I've checked all these sights but they seem to avoid giving a straight answer. Please your assistance is appreciated as always [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zibe(m): 7:52pm On Aug 09, 2018
Youngee34:

Same here ooo, I applied last week wednesday and paid for priority as well, got received at sheffield email on friday....still waiting till now.
I'm also hoping it gets finalized this friday....
I can't stop checking email every now and then

Called the UK guys and they said a decision has been made, but then it's still not reflecting on my TLS page so I'm not sure whether the passport has been sent to Nigeria or not. May just visit there tomorrow since its close to my office sha.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngee34: 8:09pm On Aug 09, 2018
zibe:

Called the UK guys and they said a decision has been made, but then it's still not reflecting on my TLS page so I'm not sure whether the passport has been sent to Nigeria or not. May just visit there tomorrow since its close to my office sha.

Oh that's great news.....I might also just call them tomorrow as well.

Thanks alot..

Could you please keep us informed however it goes, I'm so curious....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zibe(m): 8:12pm On Aug 09, 2018
Youngee34:

Oh that's great news.....I might also just call them tomorrow as well.

Thanks alot..

Could you please keep us informed however it goes, I'm so curious....

I will. Fingers crossed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 9:28pm On Aug 09, 2018
Johnokafor10001:
well i m sorry

its okay bro..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 9:29pm On Aug 09, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:
Hello house, you guys are doing a great job here:

I collected my passport with visa stamped today.
Timelines:
Passport submission and biometric July 18
I received a mail from UKVI for decision July 24
Yesterday another msg for pick up Aug 8
Received my passport today Aug 9

6 months multiple visa

Thanks to you all

congrats bro and have a safe trip..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by okemoney14(m): 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2018
Is there any need to put my pictures with my cousin that sent me the invitation, to prove we are cousins? And which address are we going to address the cover letter to?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 9:51pm On Aug 09, 2018
alert20:

congrats bro and have a safe trip..

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pinnu: 10:13pm On Aug 09, 2018
Good day nairalanderz, pls I will appreciate a reply to this post. I had my biometrics on June 21st 2018 for UK standard visit visa. I got a mail on 30th of June from UKVI that my passport has been received. On the 10th of July I got a mail that the processing of my application has not been straight forward thus unable to decide within 15working days. I sent a mail on 19th of July to make an enquiry as why my application is taking longer than usual. Got a reply on 20th of July that my case has been escalated and would get a reply within 15 working days which ll lapse on 10th August 2018. Up until now I haven't gotten a mail. Pls what do I do. Has anyone gone through this before.. What is the way out... Am getting tired of waiting. Note I had my biometrics at TLS Ikeja Office

Apologies for the long post.
Pls awaiting reply. Thank you all

@justwise @ekpotex...pls help a sister
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mrcodebreaker: 10:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
ekpotek:

Yes you would have to explain any unusual deposit into your personal account that not consistent with your account inflow.

Bro can i private mail you. I need to send you the draft of my intro letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 1:33am On Aug 10, 2018
zibe:

Baba i called them today too and they told me the same thing but i have not received an email from them or TLS to confirm my application has been decided...please go tomorrow since its close to your office and lets know what happens...i will be here awaiting a post from you concerning this...please lets know if you get your passport back tomorrow so ican go tomorrow too...i look forward to hearing from you bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 1:42am On Aug 10, 2018
mrcodebreaker:

I would advice you send it here sir...nobody here is an ECO, we are all sharing experience and advice...i think that is the purpose of the thread...private message will kill the purpose of the thread...let us all learn from your circumstance....please post any message here and i am sure knowledgeable people will be ready to assist you...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:17am On Aug 10, 2018
amaeve:
Good evening. Last year i wrote that i wanted to visit my boyfriend in the United Kingdom, i was adviced to build a strong tie and run the business for a year. I registered the business last year June and was paying myself certain salary. Please i want to apply for the Visa next week and all expenses will be taken care of by my boyfriend. What documents can i present? I have read backwards and couldn’t get an answer. Thank you

Take time and read back. There are list of documents for standard visitor visa with or without sponsorship. Your boyfriend will need to send you his passport data page, 6 month bank statement, evidence of suitable accommodation, if you will be staying with him, an invitation letter etc. On your part, you will submit your bank statements, business registration, and documents to support any information you filled in the online form.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:30am On Aug 10, 2018
seyola:
Hello Gurus in the house. Please i write to inquire if "Yellow card" is a MUST for person traveling to London (Ethiopian Air) via addis ababa?
Thanks.

Not necessary if you’re transiting just within the airport. However, I would advise that you get a yellow card, if you intend to enter Addis Ababa city to spend your transit time. The Port Health official may or may not demand for it. And if you don’t have a Yellow card, you have to spend your transit time in the Departure hall.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:42am On Aug 10, 2018
amaeve:
Please can I send you a private message. I really need your help.

@justwise @ekpotex
Please what are the criteria and price for a fiancé visa UK, I've checked all these sights but they seem to avoid giving a straight answer. Please your assistance is appreciated as always

@amaeve. Sorry I don’t do free PM. You can post your questions here for everyone to response and learn.
There is nothing like a fiance visa. It is the standard visitor visa you will apply for. Unless if you’re traveling to marry your boyfriend, then apply for marriage visitor visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:50am On Aug 10, 2018
mrcodebreaker:

@mrcodebreaker. Sorry post your draft letter here and we will try our best to review it. Unless you have other undisclosed issues you want my advice on then PM.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amaeve(f): 6:51am On Aug 10, 2018
@Aquaman84 Please can you share the template for the cover letter you submitted to the ECO after all corrections. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:55am On Aug 10, 2018
iapt:

I would advice you send it here sir...nobody here is an ECO, we are all sharing experience and advice...i think that is the purpose of the thread...private message will kill the purpose of the thread...let us all learn from your circumstance....please post any message here and i am sure knowledgeable people will be ready to assist you...

Yes I second your observation. We all came on this thread to learn and share experiences. Maybe there are fews with secrets who need special attention via PM due to the non-secured nature of this platform. In that case PM is allow.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:08am On Aug 10, 2018
pinnu:
Good day nairalanderz, pls I will appreciate a reply to this post. I had my biometrics on June 21st 2018 for UK standard visit visa. I got a mail on 30th of June from UKVI that my passport has been received. On the 10th of July I got a mail that the processing of my application has not been straight forward thus unable to decide within 15working days. I sent a mail on 19th of July to make an enquiry as why my application is taking longer than usual. Got a reply on 20th of July that my case has been escalated and would get a reply within 15 working days which ll lapse on 10th August 2018. Up until now I haven't gotten a mail. Pls what do I do. Has anyone gone through this before.. What is the way out... Am getting tired of waiting. Note I had my biometrics at TLS Ikeja Office

Apologies for the long post.
Pls awaiting reply. Thank you all

@justwise @ekpotex...pls help a sister

Many on this platform has or are currently experiencing this situation. You just need to exercise patience and hope for the best outcome. If you have made any travel arrangement, you may wish to reschedule it.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:13am On Aug 10, 2018
okemoney14:
Is there any need to put my pictures with my cousin that sent me the invitation, to prove we are cousins? And which address are we going to address the cover letter to?

Yes oh. Add as many pictures that you have to demonstrate relationship. Address you cover letter to either High Commissioner, Abuja or Deputy High Commisioner, Lagos. The full address is on British High Commision, Nigeria website.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mrcodebreaker: 10:03am On Aug 10, 2018
ekpotek:

Yes I second your observation. We all came on this thread to learn and share experiences. Maybe there are fews with secrets who need special attention via PM due to the non-secured nature of this platform. In that case PM is allow.

Yes a reason. Contacting you now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 10:26am On Aug 10, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:
Hello My Ogas,
My Cousin is applying to attend her sisters graduation in the Uk , She has a company thats gonna be a year on the 27th of this month. She'd be applying with her personal account 950k and a business account 2Million+ Plus balance. She got a reference letter stating her as the sole signatory to the coy account. Since the company is gonna be 1 year old this august, would like to know if shes expected to submit a TaX clearance certificate... Personal tax or Business tax if need be . Thanks her budget is attached . lets have ur commet pls .hh

Justwise, ekpot and others , am still awaiting ur view ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:07am On Aug 10, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:

Justwise, ekpot and others , am still awaiting ur view ...

She can submit both tax certificates if she has them. The most important thing is to have a strong home tie to convince the ECO. This will be providing convincing evidences that her business is very attractive to make her to return back to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 11:29am On Aug 10, 2018
Hi chiinj,

Does your mum work or own a business or is she retired? What documents are yoy submitting as proof of ties to home? I'd suggest you list out all the documents you plan to submit and guys here can advise accordingly.

chiinj:
Wow! Congratulations to you and your parent.

House please. I intend to do the same for my mum. Although the budget will be different. I'm looking at a budget of £800 because from the thread, endlessgrace, ekpotek etc advised that it is better to have the money for the ticket + a small amount to cover additional expenses (i'm thinking of £200).

I only intend to submit my current(salary) account along with payslips and other information although I will be moving the money from my savings account ( I will explain that I moved the money from my savings to prove that the funds are easily accessible in a cover letter).

Although I will be sponsoring the trip fully, I will be stating that in the form but will say that she will have some money to hold during her trip in case of any emergency.

Please house can someone advise me if I am missing some more information. Does she need to submit other documents apart from birth certificate, proof of ties to home and bank statement to show she has the money to hold for the trip in her account?

Thank you

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 11:41am On Aug 10, 2018
1. No the CoS is not just a number, it is a document that contains information about your wife's sponsorship. Your wife should have a copy of it, mine was two pages.
2. You can pay IHS fee before or after you start your application https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/pay
After payment, a reference number is generated. Print the confirmation email with the reference number and include with your application.
Good luck.

technobayo:

Hello,

Please, in view of my Tier 2 Dependant UK visa to join my wife, I'd like you to help clarify the following:

(1) The CoS - from what I know is just a number. Is there any doc of any sort that one needs to print out?
(2) IHS or NHS - I haven't seen anything to its effect during my application filling. Where and how do I make the payment?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zibe(m): 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
iapt:

Baba i called them today too and they told me the same thing but i have not received an email from them or TLS to confirm my application has been decided...please go tomorrow since its close to your office and lets know what happens...i will be here awaiting a post from you concerning this...please lets know if you get your passport back tomorrow so ican go tomorrow too...i look forward to hearing from you bro

Just came back from there. They said it hasn't come back to them. I tire

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.