Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530848 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 8:10am On May 06, 2016
Newmum0615:
For me, I earn N362k. I have in total N4.420m in fixed deposits. I had just about 90k left in my salary acct. I am a banker and I rarely leave my salary lying in our staff acct. I always move more than half of it once I am paid to increase my deposit amount. My husband earns 601k and had N1.6m in his salary acct, N1.040m in our joint acct, and N2.750m in his fixed deposit. Making a total of N5.3m amongst other little cash lying around in his acct. So together we had almost 10m but the ECO never referred to the fixed deposits in his refusal notes.

What you should have done was to include in your additional information how exactly the trip would be funded, from what accounts, what would be left to live on and that your fixed deposits can be liquidated if you need it when you return.

I think you should reapply and explain in detail how you got the money and how you plan on funding the trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 8:58am On May 06, 2016
blank:

Nobody can really justify how these people think. When we did for our whole family, we submitted salary accounts and fixed deposit/investment statements that was substantially higher than our combined income. Our salary account had an almost zero balance as we moved all idle cash to our investments. We probably submitted about 7 accounts between my husband and 1.[/b] But what I did in the additional information portion was to detail how we expected to fund the trip so that they don't get confused[b].

nairacountry:

shocked at the bolded
I see it that [/b]you would have done well by
1. attaching JUST a letter from your fixed depositor (banker) stating that the fixed deposit(s) will matured at a stated date i.e it will be available for your trip.[b]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ladon7: 10:33am On May 06, 2016
Gd mng aose,pls wen can I apply , want to go by July ending. And wat r d documents needed from my aunty dat is inviting me. Also how long can d money transfered to my acct stays before I apply.d money is my office cooperative with a back up letter.tanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 1:41pm On May 06, 2016
pls House,
i want to submit my application, and will like to add my landed property and Rent Receipt. and i have 12k and 13k as cash deposit in my account, Nov 2015.
The Question now is....... can i submit the Duplicate of the Receipt i issue or what?..
kindly help me out on This ooooo.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Biobobs: 2:50pm On May 06, 2016
Urgent reply needed please! Just saw that I failed to submit my passport photograph with my visa application. Left the teleperformance centre now.
What can I do??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by diamondsare4eva: 3:32pm On May 06, 2016
Don't worry about that. They already captured your your picture when u applied.

Biobobs:
Urgent reply needed please! Just saw that I failed to submit my passport photograph with my visa application. Left the teleperformance centre now.
What can I do??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Biobobs: 4:00pm On May 06, 2016
diamondsare4eva:
Don't worry about that. They already captured your your picture when u applied.

Thanks so much 4 dt!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ladon7: 4:18pm On May 06, 2016
mng aose,pls wen can I apply , want to go by July ending. And wat r d documents needed from my aunty dat is inviting me. Also how long can d money transfered to my acct stays before I apply.d money is my office cooperative with a back up letter.tanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by diamondsare4eva: 6:31pm On May 06, 2016
If you read previous pages, you will see that this requirements was addressed. In the mean time, she should send you an invitation stating if she will be responsible for your visit, her utility bills, rental agreement, document to show her residency in the UK and anything that can help with your application.
Avoid money lodgement in your account, but if you have STRONG proof of how the money came about, then that is fine.

Ladon7:
mng aose,pls wen can I apply , want to go by July ending. And wat r d documents needed from my aunty dat is inviting me. Also how long can d money transfered to my acct stays before I apply.d money is my office cooperative with a back up letter.tanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 5:28am On May 07, 2016
@Justwise and others... i want to submit my application, and will like to add my landed property and Rent Receipt. and i have 12k and 13k as cash deposit in my account, Nov 2015. The Question now is....... can i submit the Duplicate of the Receipt i issue or what?.. kindly help me out on This ooooo. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:53am On May 07, 2016
lekansola:
@Justwise and others...
i want to submit my application,
and will like to add my landed
property and Rent Receipt. and i
have 12k and 13k as cash deposit
in my account, Nov 2015.
The Question now is....... can i
submit the Duplicate of the Receipt
i issue or what?..
kindly help me out on This ooooo.
Thanks.

13k & 12k are insignificant amounts to be worried about. Detail out your ties so it can be analysed here before submission. It's important to know that the law places a burden of proof on you to prove that you have substantial ties that would compel you to leave the UK at the end of your short visit. Example: employment, business, family, properties, inheritance, social and family relationship.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:55am On May 07, 2016
Ladon7:

Take your time to read a few pages, then come back if there are critical areas to be analysed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 6:22am On May 07, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

13k & 12k are insignificant amounts to be worried about. Detail out your ties so it can be analysed here before submission. It's important to know that the law places a burden of proof on you to prove that you have substantial ties that would compel you to leave the UK at the end of your short visit. Example: employment, business, family, properties, inheritance, social and family relationship.

Thanks frontpagelawyer..
my salary is #250,000 and am marry with a child. my balance in my statement of Account is #850k
and i have include my Landed property..
Kindly advise on the Receipt i want to include.. should it be Duplicate or original one i issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:14am On May 07, 2016
lekansola:

Thanks frontpagelawyer..
my salary is #250,000 and am marry with a child. my balance in my statement of Account is #850k
and i have include my Landed property..
Kindly advise on the Receipt i want to include.. should it be Duplicate or original one i issue.

All your documents should be submitted in their originals and Photocopies. Only your work ID will be returned back to you at the submission centre.

You have strong ties that can qualify as proof. That being said, there is no guarantee about visas, but the better prepared with relevant documents, the better your chances of getting an approval. For your statement of account, make sure there are regular activities at least for the past 4-6 months prior to submission. The entry clearance officer needs proof that your purpose of travel is legitimate such that you can afford the trip without using your life savings.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 8:00am On May 07, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

All your documents should be submitted in their originals and Photocopies. Only your work ID will be returned back to you at the submission centre.

You have strong ties that can qualify as proof. That being said, there is no guarantee about visas, but the better prepared with relevant documents, the better your chances of getting an approval. For your statement of account, make sure there are regular activities at least for the past 4-6 months prior to submission. The entry clearance officer needs proof that your purpose of travel is legitimate such that you can afford the trip without using your life savings.

Thanks for the response,
My budget is £1,094 and my Salary is #250k and you have not answer my Question.....
1, can i use the Rent receipt or Duplicate i ssue?
2, the highest money that cash deposit into my acct was #60k and it was in Jan. i want to back it up with Rent Receipt.
kindly Advise..
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jollyfriend2011: 10:16am On May 07, 2016
Any chances with you budget?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 10:45am On May 07, 2016
jollyfriend2011:
Any chances with you budget?

Thanks Bro,
I have been working for the past 6years now and my salary is being paid Directly into my bank acct. as XYZ salary for the month of April 2016 since i have started working .
i have also include my Payslip which indicate the PAYEE on it.
Bleep am still on the Rent Receipt, should i include the Duplicate of the one i issue or Original one..
Budget is... Flight----£530
hotel----£264
living esp--£300
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 11:08am On May 07, 2016
*yawn* hello aose. Api wickend grin

@lekansola, if you are referring to the receipt u gave for rent of 60k on your property(ies), you may even include the bulky receipts booklet and agreements with your tenants. No sin in showing your ties. ( but it means you don't have a caretaker right?)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 11:15am On May 07, 2016
@ lekansola, going through your other posts, I may need to add these
Those are the actual cost for your booked return flight & accommodation right? If so, no wahala. If not, go ahead book in other your flight and hotel before arriving at your total budget.
Judging by your salary (250k) and closing balance(850k), you could easily do a budget between £1300-£1500
Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 6:12pm On May 07, 2016
nairacountry:
*yawn* hello aose. Api wickend grin

@lekansola, if you are referring to the receipt u gave for rent of 60k on your property(ies), you may even include the bulky receipts booklet and agreements with your tenants. No sin in showing your ties. ( but it means you don't have a caretaker right?)
Thanks bro,
i dont have caretaker and i will include the tenancy Agreement as u advise..
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by RetroBoy: 8:38am On May 08, 2016
Good day, house. Which bank has the cheapest exchange rates for the GBP?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:59am On May 08, 2016
Thank you. We did some explanation but maybe it wasn't enough. We will reapply and probably describe in details what makes up the balances in our accounts.
blank:

What you should have done was to include in your additional information how exactly the trip would be funded, from what accounts, what would be left to live on and that your fixed deposits can be liquidated if you need it when you return.

I think you should reapply and explain in detail how you got the money and how you plan on funding the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olapo(f): 12:30pm On May 08, 2016
hello house,
i was refused a UK visa last year because they didn't understand how my salary was paid. i work in a Bank and they credit us twice, i quoted the whole sum in the form. they refused because they didn't see the said sum in my statement of account and i use the account for other purposes too,my husband pays our monthly allowance into the account too. now i want to re apply and i don't want to state that i am employed, i want to state that my spouse will be sponsoring the trip solely with my little savings of 500 pounds. will stating that i'm unemlpoyed this time affect my application. cos i filled the reason for refusal as salary account activity not clear. kindly advise before i submit my application.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 1:02pm On May 08, 2016
olapo:
hello house,
i was refused a UK visa last year because they didn't understand how my salary was paid. i work in a Bank and they credit us twice, i quoted the whole sum in the form. they refused because they didn't see the said sum in my statement of account and i use the account for other purposes too,my husband pays our monthly allowance into the account too. now i want to re apply and i don't want to state that i am employed, i want to state that my spouse will be sponsoring the trip solely with my little savings of 500 pounds. will stating that i'm unemlpoyed this time affect my application. cos i filled the reason for refusal as salary account activity not clear. kindly advise before i submit my application.
Thank you.

You want us to help you lie?

Why not consider telling the truth?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 6:36pm On May 08, 2016
Mr worry take it easy on our sister..... lol

Mrs Olapo... as worry359 said it will be wise to state your situation proper so the people in here can give you there honest opinion. Are u still employed. Change of situation does not matter what is meeting the requirement so please explain your situation and i know u will get the best opinions.

worry359:

You want us to help you lie?

Why not consider telling the truth?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 8:02pm On May 08, 2016
RetroBoy:
Good day, house.
Which bank has the cheapest exchange rates for the GBP?
Gtb.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 12:49am On May 09, 2016
@retroboy

ACCESS bank gave us for 302 naira for 1$ ( March rate) ; I will suggest you call the bank customer service and ask them for the exact rate they are exchanging at the calling day, more also, ask for there limits very important.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by flowerspot: 12:25pm On May 09, 2016
Hi, please kindly assist with my question, My brother is having his convocation in June and has sent an IV for myself and my mom to attend the convocation ceremony alongside his scanned British passport, my question is this, I do not have a business registration document, but I do buying and selling of stuffs sent to me by my brothers abroad and also do supply of building materials, I have good inflows and outflows out of my accounts, I have 2 landed properties, One is completed and rents been paid, the other is still at completion stage, I'm married with a kid, but did the traditional marriage and not the court marriage, so I have no marriage certificate only pictures, I have been to South Africa twice for visit, one was with my mom, do I have a good case and what are the documents required to be submitted both from myself and the ones my brother needs to send. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:20pm On May 09, 2016
flowerspot:
Hi, please kindly assist with my question, My brother is having his convocation in June and has sent an IV for myself and my mom to attend the convocation ceremony alongside his scanned British passport, my question is this, I do not have a business registration document, but I do buying and selling of stuffs sent to me by my brothers abroad and also do supply of building materials, I have good inflows and outflows out of my accounts, I have 2 landed properties, One is completed and rents been paid, the other is still at completion stage, I'm married with a kid, but did the traditional marriage and not the court marriage, so I have no marriage certificate only pictures, I have been to South Africa twice for visit, one was with my mom, do I have a good case and what are the documents required to be submitted both from myself and the ones my brother needs to send. thanks

By law, every enterprise in Nigeria is required to be registered and complied with the Corporate Affairs Commission. A business operating without registration cast doubt on the business' ability to conduct business in an ethical or competent fashion. The business is also considered illegal by Government and also to the entry clearance officer since it does not remit tax to the government.

SOLUTION: Trial and error.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by diamondsare4eva: 3:29pm On May 09, 2016
Not every business in Nigeria requires registration. It's a sole proprietorship business, i will advice you to add all the receipts and invoices of your business. You stated that you supply building materials, if you have the sale receipts of all the purchase, add it. For the rental include the receipts as well. Then back it up with an explanation that your business is not a registered business, you are the sole owner of the business and not every business in Nigeria requires registration.
If you have all of the above, your chances of being granted a visa is there.

Please note that the ECO knows that all documents are readily available in Nigeria, so the receipts should date back to when your business stated operation.

flowerspot:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 3:53pm On May 09, 2016
Well, if i am to be honest here @FrontPageLawyer is right you will be playing the game of Trial and Error.... so your chances are 40-60 but at times you might be lucky and the UKVI handling your case will be nice... and in good mood.

Who is sponsoring the trip?

flowerspot:

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.