Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,352 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530744 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lewiskay(m): 11:47am On Apr 30, 2016
justwise:

I was referring to bank details you posted. Is that her bank detail and payslips?

its her bank detail and monthly payslip, salary is 84k. since the bank statement that has the salary lodggement is not her saving and fund there is mini i decided to submiited her zenith bank account with around 550k. but the ECO stated the paylips didnt reflex in the zenith bank and doubted her employement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:50am On Apr 30, 2016
lewiskay:

its her bank detail and monthly payslip, salary is 84k. since the bank statement that has the salary lodggement is not her saving and fund there is mini i decided to submiited her zenith bank account with around 550k. but the ECO stated the paylips didnt reflex in the zenith bank and doubted her employement.

That is a mistake, you should have submitted her salary account and savings but all source of incomes have to be explained and backed up with paper evidence.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by friendly101: 11:54am On Apr 30, 2016
justwise:

1.These figures need to be in £s and you can use oanda to convert it because you are going to spend in £ and UK embassy uses that website to convert.

2. These two questions does not mean the same thing so their answers should not be the same:

a) WHAT IS THE COST TO YOU PERSONALLY OF YOUR TRIP? - 294,198.11 NGN

b) THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE FOR THIS TRIP - 294,198.11 NGN

Thanks boss

u are a genius..........God bless u so much
I used the oando converter this is what I got.

since question WHAT IS THE COST TO YOU PERSONALLY OF YOUR TRIP? - 294,198.11 NGN = 1,002.33GBP
THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE FOR THIS TRIP - 322,866 =1100GBP (is it advisable?)

balance in the account as @now is 650k

would u advice I submit 1 pay slip with 3months statement of account....?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
friendly101:

Thanks boss

u are a genius..........God bless u so much
I used the oando converter this is what I got.

since question WHAT IS THE COST TO YOU PERSONALLY OF YOUR TRIP? - 294,198.11 NGN = 1,002.33GBP
THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE FOR THIS TRIP - 322,866 =1100GBP (is it advisable?)

balance in the account as @now is 650k

would u advice I submit 1 pay slip with 3months statement of account....?

You submit at least 6months payslip and the same amount of time for bank statement.

I don't think your budget is realistic

You budgeted 41.914K plus for accommodation that is just about £150, in many cities in the UK that is just about 1 or 2 nights cost of hotel accommodation.

The problem here is this..the UK embassy uses unrealistic exchange rate to convert but when you want to buy your £s you will use black market rate which will more or less clear you up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lewiskay(m): 12:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
justwise:

That is a mistake, you should have submitted her salary account and savings but all source of incomes have to be explained and backed up with paper evidence.

thanks i will reapply for her and submit all relevant documents.
you are the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by friendly101: 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
justwise:

You submit at least 6months payslip and the same amount of time for bank statement.

I don't think your budget is realistic

You budgeted 41.914K plus for accommodation that is just about £150, in many cities in the UK that is just about 1 or 2 nights cost of hotel accommodation.

The problem here is this..the UK embassy uses unrealistic exchange rate to convert but when you want to buy your £s you will use black market rate which will more or less clear you up.

name of hotel : Smart Sea View Brighton..........booked it on booking.com

Smart Sea View Brighton

9-12 St Catherines Terrace, Hove, Brighton, BN3 2RZ, United Kingdom - Show directions

Phone: +441273227497
Bed in 18-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room £120.58
20 % VAT is included. £24.12
Total Price £144.70
Best Price Guaranteed

would u advice I re-book another hotel?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2016
Here is the Official rate the UK uses ; search for nigeria and you will see

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/518852/exrates-monthly-0516.csv/preview

Also on number 171 on this link below you will confirm that the UKBA uses oanda.com to calculate there exchange rate... page 44 of 92

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/514308/T4_Migrant_Guidance_Apr_2016.pdf

I have not been able to read all through your message and thread... duty calls , been busy i will try to err my view as soon as am back.. I can see justview is helping out so ttyl

You can try not be too specific with amounts just write aproximately something e.g (approx 50 000 naira or approximately 200 pounds)

friendly101:
WHAT IS YOUR TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME FROM ALL SOURCES OF EMPLOYMENT OR OCCUPATION, AFTER TAX - 137,000 (added both my salary and profit from my small business)

DO YOU HAVE SAVINGS, PROPERTIES OR OTHER INCOME, FOR EXAMPLE FROM STOCKS AND SHARES? YES

TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME FROM OTHER SOURCES INCLUDING FRIENDS AND FAMILY - 50,000 (please does this include profits and gains from business as well. Because the 50,000 I stated is what I get from rents per month and small business )

HOW MUCH DO YOU SPEND EACH MONTH ON LIVING COSTS? - 35,000 (120 pounds) (use 50 pounds a week making 200 pounds monthly i.e use approx 58 000 Naira)

HOW MUCH OF YOUR TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME IS GIVEN TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND OTHER DEPENDANTS? - 15,000 ( is there record for this if not put zero)

WHAT IS THE COST TO YOU PERSONALLY OF YOUR TRIP? - 294,198.11 NGN

THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE FOR THIS TRIP - 294,198.11 NGN

THE COST OF THE AEROPLANE, BOAT OR TRAIN TICKETS - 156,639.09 NGN

THE COST OF ACCOMMODATION - 41,914.33 NGN

COST OF YOUR LIVING EXPENSES - 101,918.47 NGN

IS SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOU PAYING FOR ALL OR A PART OF YOUR TRIP? No

PLEASE SELECT WHAT THE RELATIONSHIP IS OF THE PERSON WHO IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE PAYMENT OF YOUR TRIP? None

HOW MUCH WILL THEY BE PAYING TOWARDS YOUR TRIP? - NONE

WHAT IS THE TOTAL AMOUNT? - 294,198.11 NGN

thank you all for ur advice and contribution after all you have said and advised.............please find below the breakdown in naira .

I am open to any advice or suggestions.
just don't wanna make a silly mistake.

cc tuned
cc justwise
cc frontpagelawyer
cc nairacountry

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
friendly101:

name of hotel : Smart Sea View Brighton..........booked it on booking.com

Smart Sea View Brighton

9-12 St Catherines Terrace, Hove, Brighton, BN3 2RZ, United Kingdom - Show directions

Phone: +441273227497
Bed in 18-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room £120.58
20 % VAT is included. £24.12
Total Price £144.70
Best Price Guaranteed

would u advice I re-book another hotel?

Are you visiting Brighton or London and how many days do you intend to stay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by friendly101: 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
12days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2016
friendly101:
12days

You did not answer the 1st question.

Staying in a mixed Dormitory room may not be viewed favouritely by the ECO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by friendly101: 7:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
justwise:

Are you visiting Brighton or London and how many days do you intend to stay?
Sorry didn't answer this ....
I am visiting Brighton....
They have over lot of interesting places to visit .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by friendly101: 7:43pm On Apr 30, 2016
justwise:

You did not answer the 1st question.

Staying in a mixed Dormitory room may not be viewed favouritely by the ECO.

Ok....so which hotel should I book bro?
Thank God that's why am here.....pls advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:58pm On Apr 30, 2016
friendly101:

You should have a good understanding of Brighton, and why you want to visit there not the usual places like London.
It is likely that you will be asked that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 5:18am On May 01, 2016
Happy New Month House, @justwise and others,
pls kindly help me out on this issue. my organization paid my 2015 Xmas bonus by issuing a Cheque of #60k and i cash the Cheque and later i paid it in Cash into my Account in January, i intend to apply very soon. pls what document will i use to support this, So that the ECO will not say that i did not show the sources of cash deposited..
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ladon7: 7:43am On May 01, 2016
Gd mng House i am a Civil servant and running my masters in one of private university in Nigeria . my month Pay is 115k.I intend to get my money transfered to my salary acct from my office cooperative, i normally Pay in 80k to d cooperative savings every month, it is clearly stated on my payslip d amounti dat goes to d cooperative. so i collect like 800k.pls wat can i use to back it up if d money is transfered from d cooperative acct to my salary acct. I want to apply by June and dats d money i want to use for d trip. Advise pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 01, 2016
tunderule2016:
Dude..... READ!!!! and answer my question about what you quoted me saying.. did you see my message . You are accusing the wrong Human being.... that alone shows you are confused.... go and read when you speaking say facts ok... You owe me a big APOLOGY!!!! because u confused me to another and secondly , you tagged 18000 naira , next time say 52 pounds, then i will understand you clearer...

Good luck to you and for record purposes .... i can show you facts that my outcome on UK visa is excellent... I could be getting paid for this but i do it for free .. personal reasons... this is a way of giving back to my country as i Live here in UK...

Listen dude, i am not a professional i only give my knowledge and experience , for you it might be unprofessional but to me i am geninue and honest about me and i proof my words with links...

What is unprofessional about it... do you know how much stupid mistakes they have made on nigerians appliciation. Go and ask Mr google your friend it will tell you that THE UKBA was underfire for the wrong denial of applications coming from africa especially nigeria..

Anyways , i do not have time for this... YOU BETTER apologize or else.... you also will get a mis taken identity, because you have accused me wrongly

...is there any difference between pay slip (which reveals tax deduction) and tax return for the purpose of UK visa documentation? Can one submit pay slip that shows tax deduction only or tax return?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 1:36pm On May 01, 2016
check out booking.com or 9flats.com you can book there or you should do check airbnb.com you will find someone that can lease or rent a place for u for the couple of days...

friendly101:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 1:41pm On May 01, 2016
what are you applying for... visitor visa or otherwise? how long do you plan and is anyone inviting u ?

lekansola:
pls kindly help me out on this issue. my organization paid my 2015 Xmas bonus by issuing a Cheque of #60k and i cash the Cheque and later i paid it in Cash into my Account in January, i intend to apply very soon. pls what document will i use to support this, So that the ECO will not say that i did not show the sources of cash deposited..
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 1:44pm On May 01, 2016
Hi omotolu ,

You can submit pay slip that shows tax deduction. The pay slip is just to prove your income and a little bit of ties to naija. So you can go ahead and show that for visa application purposes. grin

Omotolu:
...is there any difference between pay slip (which reveals tax deduction) and tax return for the purpose of UK visa documentation? Can one submit pay slip that shows tax deduction only or tax return?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 01, 2016
tunderule2016:
Hi omotolu ,

You can submit pay slip that shows tax deduction. The pay slip is just to prove your income and a little bit of ties to naija. So you can go ahead and show that for visa application purposes. grin

...thank you for your timely response. I really appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 1:50pm On May 01, 2016
Your bank statement + pay slips and make sure in the additional information BOX make sure you explain what you just said in their... YOur contract of employment and if the cooperative can add a letter confirming your participation in the saving scheme , that will really help. I use to do a little thing but you do not need to do it . I circle salary in bank statement just to make it clear and easier for the ECO to see because there are many transaction in statement. Hope this helps..

Ladon7:
Gd mng House i am a Civil servant and running my masters in one of private university in Nigeria . my month Pay is 115k.I intend to get my money transfered to my salary acct from my office cooperative, i normally Pay in 80k to d cooperative savings every month, it is clearly stated on my payslip d amounti dat goes to d cooperative. so i collect like 800k.pls wat can i use to back it up if d money is transfered from d cooperative acct to my salary acct. I want to apply by June and dats d money i want to use for d trip. Advise pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 1:52pm On May 01, 2016
YW!!! any time good luck..

Omotolu:
...thank you for your timely response. I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 2:26pm On May 01, 2016
tunderule2016:
what are you applying for... visitor visa or otherwise? how long do you plan and is anyone inviting u ?

Thanks,
am Applying for Tourist Visa, Nobody is inviting me and the said amount(#60k) enter my Account in January and i intend to submit my application dis week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 2:47pm On May 01, 2016
Your 60k is fine.... and do not worry too much on that. Good luck

lekansola:

Thanks,
am Applying for Tourist Visa, Nobody is inviting me and the said amount(#60k) enter my Account in January and i intend to submit my application dis week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 4:30pm On May 01, 2016
quote author=friendly101 post=45192002]
Thank God that's why am here.....pls advice.[/quote]

After u've taken into consideration all justwise suggested, just know that there's no sin if you eventually stayed in hostel / dormitory but for the purpose of visa procurement, you may have to book reasonable hotel via booking.com. if done enough time ahead, you could get good budget Bread & Breakfast hotel.
Try and depict something close to these *my theory*
1. Draft a reasonable budget that is not more than 2or3 months (atmost) of ur total income (salary, properties, stock/shares etc) after all deductions (monthly living costs, given to family members)
É.g if ur salary is 140k & income from verifiable rent, share etc is 30k, u live on 30k monthly and you give family members 15k monthly, then your disposable monthly income equals 125k. your budget should never be more than btw 325k-350k.
2. Your closing balance on SOA shld b more than 2times your budget. From above closing balance should be around 700k or if plus, an advantage
3. What is d cost to you personally (£)? This is your budget wich is distributable into:
Flight; verified via ur unpaid booked flight (110k)
Accommodation via ur unpaid hotel reservation (£60 if done well ahead of time and lesser period for tourists)
Living expenses (feeding @ average of £20/day or lesser if u book BB. plus local transport £6/daily; zones 1-6 if ur hotel is in central London) Use oanda.com to convert (a plus coz its cheaper than wat is eventually obtainable).
Lastly, total amount of money you have for this trip shld be like 60-70% of your closing Account Balance.

I stand to be corrected on any of the above though.
Happy New Month to you all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 4:31pm On May 01, 2016
tunderule2016:
Your 60k is fine.... and do not worry too much on that. Good luck

pls i hope the (#60k) deposit will not be an issue, or what document should i use to back it up. because is my Xmas Bonus in Office..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 4:36pm On May 01, 2016
lekansola:
Thanks.

You should be okay once you state it as explained above in your SOP and assuming other incomes are verifiable.
All the best bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 4:47pm On May 01, 2016
nairacountry:

You should be okay once you state it as explained above in your SOP and assuming other incomes are verifiable.
All the best bro

@nairacountry,
pls get me right, i said i deposited the #60 (cash) in my Account in January, and now i want to submit my application in This Month with balance of #850. pls i hope the will not Count that one as Lodgement.. kindly advise...
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 4:49pm On May 01, 2016
Ladon7:

Undertaking ur Master is a good tie. Get a letter from your school stating you will be free during the period otherwise, it will work against you. The question of why travelling (off track/ loosing focus) while undergoing studies whereas the journey isn't study related may arise.
Your slip will be used to verify ur coop contribution since its deducted from the source. However, if your coop give check/transfered as stated, You are covered coz the cheque/transfer will show your coop name.
(If not, pay the cash in on behalf of the coop, and get an invoice/ payment voucher/ or letter (signed by necessary coop officers) releasing the money into your account).
Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 5:02pm On May 01, 2016
lekansola:

@nairacountry,
pls get me right, i said i deposited the #60 (cash) in my Account in January, and now i want to submit my application in This Month with balance of #850. pls i hope the will not Count that one as Lodgement.. kindly advise...
Thanks

grin cheesy bros if any other things, let us into it & advise accordingly.
Is the #60k cash deposit the ONLY cash deposit in d balance of 850k since January?
If yes, you should be okay with an explanation of "....cash payment as my December,2015 bonus which I inturn deposited into my account..... "
You may further by getting a copy of the payment voucher (over docs is allowed) if possible.
Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 5:47pm On May 01, 2016
1000 % you are fine.... bruv... if it is in Hundreds of thousand then i can say you should worry but 60k come on it will not even buy a flight ticket and 850k u have got in balance... Bruv no worry yourself... except if you want to satisfy your conscience.. then you will explain the 60k .. then you will have to explain other cash deposit you have made too... which ECO get time ...lol I do understand your worry but fear not... but if you insists... kindly follow @nairacountry because i just noticed he made some important point to back your deposit up..

This ECOs too have target given to them by their OGAs which they have to meet... so a time is set on each application, that is why at times they make silly mistakes.

Bruv worry yourself about other things than the 60k...

lekansola:

pls i hope the (#60k) deposit will not be an issue, or what document should i use to back it up. because is my Xmas Bonus in Office..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 5:53pm On May 01, 2016
Great points!!!!!

nairacountry:
quote author=friendly101 post=45192002]
Thank God that's why am here.....pls advice.

After u've taken into consideration all justwise suggested, just know that there's no sin if you eventually stayed in hostel / dormitory but for the purpose of visa procurement, you may have to book reasonable hotel via booking.com. if done enough time ahead, you could get good budget Bread & Breakfast hotel.
Try and depict something close to these *my theory*
1. Draft a reasonable budget that is not more than 2or3 months (atmost) of ur total income (salary, properties, stock/shares etc) after all deductions (monthly living costs, given to family members)
É.g if ur salary is 140k & income from verifiable rent, share etc is 30k, u live on 30k monthly and you give family members 15k monthly, then your disposable monthly income equals 125k. your budget should never be more than btw 325k-350k.
2. Your closing balance on SOA shld b more than 2times your budget. From above closing balance should be around 700k or if plus, an advantage
3. What is d cost to you personally (£)? This is your budget wich is distributable into:
Flight; verified via ur unpaid booked flight (110k)
Accommodation via ur unpaid hotel reservation (£60 if done well ahead of time and lesser period for tourists)
Living expenses (feeding @ average of £20/day or lesser if u book BB. plus local transport £6/daily; zones 1-6 if ur hotel is in central London) Use oanda.com to convert (a plus coz its cheaper than wat is eventually obtainable).
Lastly, total amount of money you have for this trip shld be like 60-70% of your closing Account Balance.

I stand to be corrected on any of the above though.
Happy New Month to you all

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.