Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1533304 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 8:53pm On May 04, 2016
kuchikau:

There are one thousand and one persons with kuchikau as ID.
Get your guess right next time.
Well........
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by diamondsare4eva: 9:48pm On May 04, 2016
It's not a problem. if you had answered NO to question of if you have been refused in the past, that would have been an issue to be concerned about. They will know that was a mistake.....Don't even think about it because its not a reason to refuse an application.
Sandrakegs:
Good day people,

I found out after I submitted my visa application (renewal) that I made a mistake.... I answered NO to the question 'have u ever been issued a visa in the last 10 years' although I have all the supporting documents to show that I have... it's just a silly mistake and I've been beating myself up about it.... does anyone think it's a good reason for refusal?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sandrakegs: 11:25pm On May 04, 2016
diamondsare4eva:
It's not a problem. if you had answered NO to question of if you have been refused in the past, that would have been an issue to be concerned about. They will know that was a mistake.....Don't even think about it because its not a reason to refuse an application.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Newmum0615: 6:14am On May 05, 2016
Good evening all, I would like to get clearance on some issues.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Newmum0615: 6:44am On May 05, 2016
@Justwise, please does not mean
justwise:

I understand that but when you are budging for a trip to the UK or other countries you use their currency, that helps you to get it as accurate as possible.

The embassy uses that website to convert naira to £ because you are going to spend in pound and that is the only way to calculate the actual cost to you.

The a and b question... they asked you those two questions because they know that their answers are different, if they are the same then there is no point asking you the same question x2.

If the cost of this trip is £1000 then you are not leaving Nigeria with £1000 because that is suicidal.

The question asked you..how much will this trip cost you and how much do you have with you?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:11am On May 05, 2016
Newmum0615:
@Justwise, please does not mean that if I state for example that my the cost is £1,000, then I should put an amount higher than that as money available to me? If I have over £5k as savings, do I put that as money available to me for the trip or do I just put a mark up on the 1k I stated is the cost of my trip?

You just used the right word there..'mark up'.

If the cost is £1000 and you travel with £1000 you left yourself with no room for emergency. Anything can happen while you are in the UK and you need to have more than the actual cost of the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:14am On May 05, 2016
Newmum0615:
Good evening all, I would like to get clearance on some issues, my husband, son and I recently applied for a UK visa for my graduation from a UK school, We included all relevant docs as listed below:
1. Introduction letter from both our employers, confirmation letters, promotion letters
2. Tax and pay slips, bank statements with abt 2.9m
3. Fixed deposits certificates of 6.450m
4. Other personal savings of N1.350m
5 Our son birth certificate, marriage certificate
6. Share certificates.
I earn 362k a month while my husband earns 601k. We were planning on staying 11days and we had already booked our accommodation. However we were refused a visit visa for reasons ranging from that we did not have enuf funds to cater for our trip to the fact that my husband's acct was inflated. The ECO did not acknowledge that we had fixed deposits but only stated that the balance in our staff accts were not sufficient. My husband had abt 1.6m in his staff acct because he was paid a profit sharing bonus of abt the same amount some days before we applied. The ECO stated that the acct was inflated even after we made reference to the sum in our application and his cover note. Before that he was also paid 820k upfront allowance and he moved that to another account we presented to them and explained source of the funds. The ECO also said that the acct was inflated. For me, he said that I didn't not have the £700 I claimed was my living expenses during my stay. My hubby was taking care of my hotel and flight ticket, but the ECO calculated that I would not be able to afford hotel bill forgetting that my husband had already included that in his own expenses. As if we are going to pay for hotel individually. My own savings runs to about 4.4m. I provided certificates for my fixed deposit as well as that of my hubby who had almost 6m in savings. We explained all these in our application and our cover letters yet we were refused. I would like to know if the embassy does not recognize fixed deposits as savings or investment? Do they expect me to keep my funds lying idle in my acc or was the ECO just plain negligent? They also didn't return some important docs when they returned our passports. Should we apply again and state our case? Cos I don't want them to have their assumptions on record. I have travelled to the UK several times. Please advise me. Thanks.

You mentioned a lot of large figures in your post but what i want to know is..how much do you people have in salary and savings accounts presented to the embassy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Newmum0615: 7:43am On May 05, 2016
For me, I earn Bleep. I have in total Nxxx in fixed deposits. I had just about 90k left in my salary acct. I am a banker and I rarely leave my salary lying in our staff acct. I always move more than half of it once I am paid to increase my deposit amount. My husband earns Bleep and had N1.6m in his salary acct, N1.040m in our joint acct, and N2.750m in his fixed deposit. Making a total of N5.3m amongst other little cash lying around in his acct. So together we had almost 10m but the ECO never referred to the fixed deposits in his refusal notes.
justwise:

You mentioned a lot of large figures in your post but what i want to know is..how much do you people have in salary and savings accounts presented to the embassy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 7:51am On May 05, 2016
Newmum, too many accounts submitted between you and hubby,Imo. I think the ECO concentrate on salary account which is EASY to be verified/ trace source of funds.

90,000 ngn as closing balance on salary account ain't good enough.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Newmum0615: 7:54am On May 05, 2016
If that is the case, then I don't think it is right for them to ask if I have other sources of savings and investments. Cos I don't know how they expect me to leave all my savings in a salary account. I am banker. We usually do not do that. I stand to be corrected.
ifyalways:
Newmum, too many accounts submitted between you and hubby,Imo. I think the ECO concentrate on salary account which is EASY to be verified/ trace source of funds.

90,000 ngn as closing balance on salary account ain't good enough.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:56am On May 05, 2016
Newmum0615:
For me, I earn N362k. I have in total N4.420m in fixed deposits. I had just about 90k left in my salary acct. I am a banker and I rarely leave my salary lying in our staff acct. I always move more than half of it once I am paid to increase my deposit amount. My husband earns 601k and had N1.6m in his salary acct, N1.040m in our joint acct, and N2.750m in his fixed deposit. Making a total of N5.3m amongst other little cash lying around in his acct. So together we had almost 10m but the ECO never referred to the fixed deposits in his refusal notes.

I understand that all that but did you liquidate that money before visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 8:06am On May 05, 2016
Newmum0615:
If that is the case, then I don't think it is right for them to ask if I have other sources of savings and investments. Cos I don't know how they expect me to leave all my savings in a salary account. I am banker. We usually do not do that. I stand to be corrected.
Point is: Your salary account which is the EASIEST to verify it's source had VERY LITTLE funds.

The difference between the funds in your salary account ( which is easy to trace) and your other accounts (with little or no source) is alarmingly high.

If you had a landed property, other personal businesses and added that as other source of income, it would have been better as there would be rent receipts, business registration docs, receipts etc to back that up.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Newmum0615: 8:07am On May 05, 2016
No, we did not. The deposits were supposed to mature 2 weeks after we made our application, so we didn't bother. A trail of the bookings was evident in the statements we submitted. We just submitted the FD certificates.
justwise:

I understand that all that but did you liquidate that money before visa application?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Newmum0615: 8:11am On May 05, 2016
I really don't understand how these guys think.
ifyalways:

Point is: Your salary account which is the EASIEST to verify it's source had VERY LITTLE funds.

The difference between the funds in your salary account ( which is easy to trace) and your other accounts (with little or no source) is alarmingly high.

If you had a landed property, other personal businesses and added that as other source of income, it would have been better as there would be rent receipts, business registration docs, receipts etc to back that up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 8:15am On May 05, 2016
Newmum0615:
All the funds in the other savings came from our salaries. We don't have any other sources of income apart from our monthly salary. We have had all these savings for a long time. Over one year. If we had started consolidating all of them into our salary account, wouldn't they have also said it was money lodgment? That is why we submitted statements of other accts so that they will see where the money goes to. I really don't understand how these guys think.
I agree with your last sentence : none of us here can tell exactly what the ECO's want or look out for sometimes.
Do you have appeal rights? If yes, maybe you should appeal or ask for review and add a cover letter explaining every account/ money inflow in detail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 8:30am On May 05, 2016
Newmum0615:
All the funds in the other savings came from our salaries. We don't have any other sources of income apart from our monthly salary. We have had all these savings for a long time. [/b]Over one year[b]. If we had started consolidating all of them into our salary account, wouldn't they have also said it was money lodgment? That is why we submitted statements of other accts so that they will see where the money goes to. I really don't understand how these guys think.

shocked at the bolded
I see it that the whole issues was complicated.
You have been contributing the fixed deposit over a year but only submitted 3/6 months balance showing HUGE fund as opening bal as against 20% or there about contributed within the statement available before the ECO. undecided
Thats to them money laundering. You should be able to contribute more than enough to your traveling within 6months, reason they requested for 6months SoA.

Newmum0615, you would have done well by
1. attaching JUST a letter from your fixed depositor (banker) stating that the fixed deposit(s) will matured at a stated date i.e it will be available for your trip.
2. Also were you transferring the fund in your deposit account directly from your salary acct? (monthly as the case may be).
3. Did you and your hubby submitted a copy of your employment letter stating your annual pay?
4. A letter of leave and period covered which fall within your stays in the UK?

I understand the reason you ALWAYS move your income from Your salary account to another account (probably another bank from where you work) grin
BUT the truth is ECO would not understand embarassed cry

ifyalways:

I agree with your last sentence : none of us here can tell exactly what the ECO's want or look out for sometimes.
[/b]Do you have appeal rights?[b] If yes, maybe you should appeal or ask for review and add a cover letter explaining every account/ money inflow in detail

That's the best bet for you at the moment, if you have the appeal right. Otherwise, save your income in your salary for the next 6months (be sure to spend out of your salary o) only retain 150% (both of you) of what you budget to spend in the UK.

All the best ma'am
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:07am On May 05, 2016
Newmum0615:
No, we did not.The deposits were supposed to mature 2 weeks after we made our application, so we didn't bother. A trail of the bookings was evident in the statements we submitted. We just submitted the FD certificates.

Then that money is not available for the trip from ECO's point of view so the focus will be on salary account of both of you. while money on fixed deposit can only act as your tie to Nigeria because fixed deposit account is an investment.

Now..doing a breakdown of the costs of the trip for both of you do you think that money in your salary account and that of your hubby is enough for the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mikeadedi2: 9:12am On May 05, 2016
askari01:

How much tax did u pay? It's not really about just paying any amount as Tax, The tax paid must commensurate with ur income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mikeadedi2: 9:21am On May 05, 2016
@askari01 I paid my tax for d duration of 3 years at a strenght,# 7,500 for each year. I contacted a tax officer who did that for me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 10:40am On May 05, 2016
Mikeadedi2:
@askari01 I paid my tax for d duration of 3 years at a strenght,# 7,500 for each year. I contacted a tax officer who did that for me.
7,500 ngn each year and your salary is 200K per month?

Hmmmmn.

Tax is supposed to be 5% of your annual income. 7,500 ngn per annum tax means your income each year is less than 150,000 ngn

I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sandrakegs: 11:07am On May 05, 2016
worry359:

Very good reason for refusal!!
Get off your bottom and contact them very soon.

I guess it's not a 'very good reason for refusal' :-) Got my visa.... thanks though

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phardey: 11:18am On May 05, 2016
@ Just wise

My mum's application has been not been a straightforward one.
She applied for 6 months Visit visa

She used to visit before but stopped in 2010 when I moved back to Nigeria. She used to apply with my Dad in Dubai. She was never rejected once neither did she overstay for once. I'm sponsoring her trip to the UK. She's a caterer in Nigeria. She included information of her business and all in the application. she has a registered business and pays her tax. 3 days to appointment date, a client paid N200,000 into her account using a valid narration for the deposit. She printed off this statement with the money paid in. She submitted my 6 months current account statement, 6 months savings account statement, 6 months payslip, Talk Talk utility bill, tenancy agreement, passport bio page, spouse visa page, hubby british passport bio data page

1st April: Submitted online
14th April: Appointment booked(She had so many commitments in Lagos and Ondo, she she thought 14th would be idle)
14th April: She went for her bio-metrics
14th April: Application sent to Sheffield Email
18th April: Application received in Sheffield Email
18th April: I got a call from Sheffield asking me about me and all. I answered all questions correctly
22nd April: Got an Email stating Application is not straightforward and they cannot conclude her application within the time frame given
29th April: She got a call from Sheffield asking to confirm if she works for the owner of the business or its her personal business. She said its her personal business and she has 6 staff who works under her. They asked her if they could verify her business name registration at CAC. She answered Yes since she's the Director of the company.
2nd May: Decision email came in from Sheffield and after a few hours Decision email from TLS arrived.

No further communication has been received from TLS.
Tomorrow will be 6th May. Can she go to TLS to ask for her passport?

Also, Do you see any signs she may be rejected?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:27am On May 05, 2016
phardey:
@ Just wise

My mum's application has been not been a straightforward one.
She applied for 6 months Visit visa

She used to visit before but stopped in 2010 when I moved back to Nigeria. She used to apply with my Dad in Dubai. She was never rejected once neither did she overstay for once. I'm sponsoring her trip to the UK. She's a caterer in Nigeria. She included information of her business and all in the application. she has a registered business and pays her tax. 3 days to appointment date, a client paid N200,000 into her account using a valid narration for the deposit. She printed off this statement with the money paid in. She submitted my 6 months current account statement, 6 months savings account statement, 6 months payslip, Talk Talk utility bill, tenancy agreement, passport bio page, spouse visa page, hubby british passport bio data page

1st April: Submitted online
14th April: Appointment booked(She had so many commitments in Lagos and Ondo, she she thought 14th would be idle)
14th April: She went for her bio-metrics
14th April: Application sent to Sheffield Email
18th April: Application received in Sheffield Email
18th April: I got a call from Sheffield asking me about me and all. I answered all questions correctly
22nd April: Got an Email stating Application is not straightforward and they cannot conclude her application within the time frame given
29th April: She got a call from Sheffield asking to confirm if she works for the owner of the business or its her personal business. She said its her personal business and she has 6 staff who works under her. They asked her if they could verify her business name registration at CAC. She answered Yes since she's the Director of the company.
2nd May: Decision email came in from Sheffield and after a few hours Decision email from TLS arrived.

No further communication has been received from TLS.
Tomorrow will be 6th May. Can she go to TLS to ask for her passport?

Also, Do you see any signs she may be rejected?

Give it end of this week, still a bit too early to worry.

You can only know the outcome after picking up the package. No need making an assumption now which may turn out to be false.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phardey: 11:33am On May 05, 2016
Thanks, Fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

justwise:

Give it end of this week, still a bit too early to worry.

You can only know the outcome after picking up the package. No need making an assumption now which may turn out to be false.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 11:46am On May 05, 2016
Mikeadedi2:

I knew you didn't pay the right amount as Tax, it would have help ur application, with all those funds that goes into ur account, you should pay more than #7500, With that amount paid as Tax, it signifies that you earn below 120k monthly and you claimed you earn 200K. My advise for you is to re-couple ur application without rushing for another 6-7 months for better result. Ask your boss to pay your salary directly from the company's account into your Salary account and make sure you don't use the same account for other transactions, strictly Salary Account, After 6 months, come back here for further steps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 4:48pm On May 05, 2016
ifyalways:
7,500 ngn each year and your salary is 200K per month?
Hmmmmn.
[/b]Tax is supposed to be 5% of your annual income[b]. 7,500 ngn per annum tax means your income each year is less than 150,000 ngn
I stand to be corrected.

Bro mikedean mean o shocked . Government no go chop grin

Corporate Tax returns is accessed on the annual profit of the company not on income. And it is 30% on profit ( WHT can be used to reduce the annual tax liability though). Coy will also need to pay 2.5% of its profit as Education Tax.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 8:03pm On May 05, 2016
pls House, i want to pay for my Visa Fee, but it is saying the marchant worldpay is down.
pls what should and i need to pay dis week..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by diamondsare4eva: 8:38pm On May 05, 2016
Congrats Sandrakegs! Can you list documents submitted and timeline

Sandrakegs:

I guess it's not a 'very good reason for refusal' :-) Got my visa.... thanks though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by diamondsare4eva: 8:41pm On May 05, 2016
If its showing worldpay, which means you can't make payment on the application again, probably your card does not allow online payment. You might want to start another application and look for someone that can help with the payment while you pay the money to the person's account.

lekansola:
pls House, i want to pay for my Visa Fee, but it is saying the marchant worldpay is down.
pls what should and i need to pay dis week..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 7:01am On May 06, 2016
nairacountry:

Bro mikedean mean o shocked . Government no go chop grin

Corporate Tax returns is accessed on the annual profit of the company not on income. And it is 30% on profit ( WHT can be used to reduce the annual tax liability though). Coy will also need to pay 2.5% of its profit as Education Tax.
Thanks jare.

5% is for VAT.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 8:06am On May 06, 2016
ifyalways:

Nobody can really justify how these people think. When we did for our whole family, we submitted salary accounts and fixed deposit/investment statements that was substantially higher than our combined income. Our salary account had an almost zero balance as we moved all idle cash to our investments. We probably submitted about 7 accounts between my husband and 1. But what I did in the additional information portion was to detail how we expected to fund the trip so that they don't get confused.

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.