Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532884 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eliz2fineyahoo: 6:23pm On May 01, 2016
Please I need help, I want to apply for UK visa I was denied 2010 because I didn't have enough tie to the country I didn't have enough money in my account and my inlaw was suppose to sponsor me while I stay with my my sister in UK and I was in school then. Now I work and I earn 100k monthly my salary is paid to my account by cash every month. Sometimes I get huge sum of money cos i run an entertainment company with my sister in the UK and a friend the company is registered with our names. My account for now is 500k have not travelled outside this country, I will be staying with my sister in the UK she is sending the invitation,am sponsoring myself, am looking at 2weeks and I don't intend to spend more than 250k for everything. Please advise me. Thanx everyone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edbor(m): 6:35pm On May 01, 2016
please my mum is about to apply for the UK visa and found out it has to be done online, please which is the official site to make an online application and choose a date and make payment? so far I've come across www.visa4uk and www.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ladon7: 8:45pm On May 01, 2016
[Tanx for d advise. Want to go by July, after my second second semester holiday. Mwhile can i apply immediately d money is transfered or will av to want for sometimes. Like a month after. Then Come back for my projectquote author=nairacountry post=45216578]

Undertaking ur Master is a good tie. Get a letter from your school stating you will be free during the period otherwise, it will work against you. The question of why travelling (off track/ loosing focus) while undergoing studies whereas the journey isn't study related may arise.
Your slip will be used to verify ur coop contribution since its deducted from the source. However, if your coop give check/transfered as stated, You are covered coz the cheque/transfer will show your coop name.
(If not, pay the cash in on behalf of the coop, and get an invoice/ payment voucher/ or letter (signed by necessary coop officers) releasing the money into your account).
Cheers[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 8:57pm On May 01, 2016
eliz2fineyahoo:
Please I need help, I want to apply for UK visa I was denied 2010 because I didn't have enough tie to the country I didn't have enough money in my account and my inlaw was suppose to sponsor me while I stay with my my sister in UK and I was in school then. Now I work and I earn 100k monthly my salary is paid to my account by cash every month. Sometimes I get [/b]huge sum of money cos i run an entertainment company with my sister in the UK and a friend the company is registered with our names[b]. My account for now is 500k have not travelled outside this country, I will be staying with my sister in the UK she is sending the invitation,am sponsoring myself, am looking at 2weeks and I don't intend to spend more than 250k for everything. Please advise me. Thanx everyone
CASH payment of 100k salary does not look good enough. A company that could afford to pay 100k to an employee should be able to do salary transfer for all the staff. This becomes necessarily for documentation purposes...
2weeks on 250k can only be passed by the ECO if your sister state categorically in her letter that she will sponsor your accommodation and feeding. Then and only then, will 250k suffix for your flight and light shopping or sight-seen (remember, they want you to spend your money in their country).

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 9:10pm On May 01, 2016
@Ladon7, if you are looking to go by July,now is the time to apply (3 months to your intended travel date).
Apply when the money has been transferred to your account and you hv substantial docs to back your application.
All the best.

@ eliz2fineyahoo, as per D bolded above, is the company registered in the UK, and you are a shareholder alongside your sister and another person?
If yes, why not use the said company activities also as docs for your package? Huge sum of money you generate from the coy will be good if u spend part of it also in the UK, since you have always been spending it all these while in 9jer cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edbor(m): 9:27pm On May 01, 2016
edbor:
please my mum is about to apply for the UK visa and found out it has to be done online, please which is the official site to make an online application and choose a date and make payment? so far I've come across www.visa4uk and www.gov.uk
please someone should help me clarify which site to use.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by diamondsare4eva: 9:45pm On May 01, 2016
I asked same question recently, its visa4uk.com
please someone should help me clarify which site to use.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pidggin(f): 10:26pm On May 01, 2016
edbor:

I made the mistake of using Gov.uk, please use visa4uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edbor(m): 10:34pm On May 01, 2016
Pidggin:

I made g e mistake of using Gov.uk, please use visa4uk
thanks, though it's from visa4uk I got to gov.uk
in the visa4uk site they said it's the new site. Anyway I think I'll follow you and the lady before you. Thanks very much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by teegirl2810: 10:43pm On May 01, 2016
hi everyone,
pls advice us on what to do

After my brother's family visit last year,to help a friend bring his family into UK he decided to allow his friend become the principal tenant he he can have the proof of accomodation for his family.
My brother is now on a tier 2 visa n want to bring his family to live with him in the uk.

Can he still use the same proof of Accomodation?

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eliz2fineyahoo: 11:01pm On May 01, 2016
Thanx everyone, so are u saying is a concern that company pays cash into my account? I will be staying with my sister, and our company is registered here in Nigeria. What are my chances? Thanx everyone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:48am On May 02, 2016
eliz2fineyahoo:
Thanx everyone, so are u saying is a concern that company pays cash into my account? I will be staying with my sister, and our company is registered here in Nigeria. What are my chances? Thanx everyone

Yes. It's a big problem if you cannot satisfy the ECO with paper evidence that the N100k is actually your salary. A company with proper organisational structure will not pay its workers' salaries in that amount through cash except it's invading tax.

You mentioned operating a company with your sister. Are you listed as a director in the memorandum of article and association?

Does the company pay tax to FIRS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eliz2fineyahoo: 6:24am On May 02, 2016
Yes am among D directors of the company and yes we pay tax. As for the cash salary I don't know what to do, suggestions please. Thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mikeadedi2: 7:01am On May 02, 2016
Hello wonderful people in the house. I applied for Uk visit visa In March but was refused, the reason for the refusal was given as lodgement of huge some on a particular day 3 huge deposits of, 700k,320k,and 110k from different people, although I have an Uncle in d Uk funding d acct for me as I have established him as my Cousin and my promoter for my music business. There had being some other huge deposits from him transfered to me with his company name reflecting on my statement of acct, I also run d acct with my clients with varied deposits ranging between 50k to 100k,at times lesser depending on how frequent my music functions comes, dont forget my Uncle too is funding d acct for me and will be the one to be responsible for my invitation and my bills.
Another point of refusal was stated as failure to proof d ownership of d huge some of various deposits ranging from 3m,500k,700k,300k and so on as my Uncle uses all these to fund his company here in Naija. As at d period of my application I had like 900k as my balance before refusal. I intend to put in Another application come June pls advice so as not to experience that kind of defeat at d first instance.. Thanks all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:39am On May 02, 2016
Mikeadedi2:
Hello wonderful people in the house. I applied for Uk visit visa In March but was refused, the reason for the refusal was given as lodgement of huge some on a particular day 3 huge deposits of, 700k,320k,and 110k from different people, although I have an Uncle in d Uk funding d acct for me as I have established him as my Cousin and my promoter for my music business. There had being some other huge deposits from him transfered to me with his company name reflecting on my statement of acct, I also run d acct with my clients with varied deposits ranging between 50k to 100k,at times lesser depending on how frequent my music functions comes, dont forget my Uncle too is funding d acct for me and will be the one to be responsible for my invitation and my bills.
Another point of refusal was stated as failure to proof d ownership of d huge some of various deposits ranging from 3m,500k,700k,300k and so on as my Uncle uses all these to fund his company here in Naija. As at d period of my application I had like 900k as my balance before refusal. I intend to put in Another application come June pls advice so as not to experience that kind of defeat at d first instance.. Thanks all.

This is the umpteenth times we discussing this singular problem here and it baffles me why a lot of people still make this same mistake of making huge cash deposits into their bank accounts prior to visa application; this action is called “Money Lodgement” which is an express ground for visa refusal. Whether intentional or unintentional, the entry clearance officer is unbothered and must adhere strictly to immigration laws.

With such account you CANNOT get a visa, because the account does not meet the requirement of an acceptable bank statement as it arouses serious suspicions one of which is money laundering.

An acceptable bank statement must have up to six months transaction records demonstrating your income (from verifiable sources) and expenditures, and it must have good enough fund to sustain your trip and intentions, and also; it must have enough balance to keep you going after the trip. Your account does not show anything relating to your business, how the money was made. All you have in your account is huge deposit which cannot be verified.

I regret to say that until your bank statements meet the standard format as explained, you cannot apply in June, July, August, September, October, November and even December. You will continue to get refused no matter how many times you applied or how much money you have in your accounts until you meet up with the requirements.

Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:54am On May 02, 2016
eliz2fineyahoo:
Yes am among D directors of the company and yes we pay tax. As for the cash salary I don't know what to do, suggestions please. Thanx

There are standard immigration laws that guides the entry clearance officers. If you cannot prove that your job is subsisting and the N100k is your monthly salary, the officer will have no other option than to reject your application which is justifiable if rules are followed. No amount of writing will convince the visa officer without a single paper evidence to show.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 02, 2016
Any experience with medview airlines to London?

E.g customer service
Timeliness
Baggage claim

Also has anyone noticed you cant book British airways from Lagos to London only Abuja London
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 5:27pm On May 02, 2016
eliz2fineyahoo:

It's a redflag when ur salary is bein paid in CASH!!!, Although You have a better chance to getting the visa but wouldnt want you to jeopardise the opportunity, if your company is registered I assume it's must also have a company's account, Transfer your salary into your personal account every month end for like another 5-6months until the previous Cash salary payment doesn't reflect on your account again and that will be in like 6 months time. Don't assume BHC won't know, when you make cash payment it's not verifiable and doesn't prove that you are truly workin in the company. Remember before a bank can open a company's account for you, they must have done al verification so when the ECO sees that ur Salary was transferred from th company's account it's a confirmation that the company's does exist and that you are truly employed by company. If u receive checks, pay into ur account to clear.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 7:04pm On May 02, 2016
People Common Mistakes
1. Huge Cash Lodgment: This has been severally over-flogged by the gurus in the house and it baffles me that many are still practicing this act. Gone are the period when embassies allowed such acts.
For a company that could afford to pay 100k+ monthly to a single staff, such a coy should be able to operate a corporate account and profitable enough to make good profit which is taxable apart from the monthly remittance of employees PAYE.
Having said that, if "your" own coy pays you such salary by cash, they are undertaken a sharp practice against the home country and British Embassy would not want to have anything to do with neither such a coy nor its employee(s).
The reason for automatic refusal.
SOLUTION: insist your company transfer your salary into your account or give you check to the effect (pay the cheque in with 'January Salary' etc). Also, insist on the coy paying your PAYE monthly as deducted.

If the above is well taken care of, number of people giving BHC huge contributions will drastically reduced.

2. 5 Months plus salary as budget for visit visa.
Many would earn as little as 60k monthly and expect the ECO to grant them visit visa on 350k budget for vacation cheesy
My friend, u Neva belleful yet you are talking of vacation.
If your earning isn't buoyant enough, please stop contributing your hard earned money to bouyant economy. $128 no be moimoi.
Except you have a genuine claim of family members who has clean record and sufficient funds plus ample space as sponsors.

3. Unrealistic budget
Many people will submit a budget that will make it look like they are travelling from Lagos to Ilorin/Kaduna. How can one explain $250 for flight, £100 for 9nites in hotel in London?
There is no hard rule to this, however it goes a long way in determining the outcome of your visa decisions. Check current flight ticket and book the one measurable to your available fund. Do same with accommodation except you are being invited and your sponsor had expressed his/her intention to accommodate you with good back-up docs. An average meal should be £6 for junk food and £15 for average meal.

If you have substantial verifiable balance on your SOA, flaunt it. Book British Airways, 4stars hotel in Central London, ubber/blacberries cars as airport shuttle. You can do all these without paying a dime BUT your Account Balance must be sufficient enough (@least 60% remaining after all the above is assumed paid for). Use oanda.com for the embassy exchange rate.
Cheers

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mikeadedi2: 7:47pm On May 02, 2016
FrontpageLawyer I just joined this forum very recently. The cash lodgements are at different interval of times. However I have documents to proof d payments are for my musical show bookings accompanied with some of my show pics,If d documents are kept till that period can it work. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by teegirl2810: 11:30pm On May 02, 2016
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
someone please answer my question sad

teegirl2810:
hi everyone,

After my brother's family visit last year,to help a friend bring his family into UK he decided to allow his friend become the principal tenant he he can have the proof of accomodation for his family.
My brother is now on a tier 2 visa n want to bring his family to live with him in the uk.

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 6:17am On May 03, 2016
Mikeadedi2:
FrontpageLawyer I just joined this forum very recently. The cash lodgements are at different interval of times. However I have documents to proof d payments are for my musical show bookings accompanied with some of my show pics,If d documents are kept till that period can it work. Thanks

Do you pay TAX?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 8:02am On May 03, 2016
kuchikau1:
Its confirmed. No visa fee charge. Thanks
I guess you are the same kuchikau in the student room. Congratulations on your nomination.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 8:12am On May 03, 2016
teegirl2810:
hi everyone,
thanks

Teegirl2810, in the UK Embassy data, your brother's friend is the principal tenant (not even a co-tenant shld the said accommodation be a shared one).
On a lighter mood, Save your brother is his friend's spouse (no gay play)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by teegirl2810: 12:14pm On May 03, 2016
nairacountry:

Teegirl2810, in the UK Embassy data, your brother's friend is the principal tenant (not even a co-tenant shld the said accommodation be a shared one).
On a lighter mood, Save your brother is his friend's spouse (no gay play)

lolz..
thanks Nairacountry

so my brother will have to get another accomodation undecided

ANY NIGERIAN LIVING IN CARLUKE

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kuchikau: 12:03am On May 04, 2016
soulhighman:

I guess you are the same kuchikau in the student room. Congratulations on your nomination.

There are one thousand and one persons with kuchikau as ID.
Get your guess right next time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mikeadedi2: 6:02am On May 04, 2016
Askari 01 Yes,I do pay tax, I presented my tax clearance certificate along in my documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 3:38pm On May 04, 2016
Mikeadedi2:
Askari 01 Yes,I do pay tax, I presented my tax clearance certificate along in my documents.

How much tax did u pay? It's not really about just paying any amount as Tax, The tax paid must commensurate with ur income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aussie2013: 4:48pm On May 04, 2016
kingsalem:
Please exactly how much is the fee for tier 2 general visa? I am having difficulty reconciling the fees i see on the Gov.Uk site for surcharge and the visa itself with what appears when i try to complete my application process; the difference is quite much.
Secondly, with a certificate of sponsorship, do i also require evidence of 1 month maintenance fund?
Thanks guys

How far with your application? Was it successful?
I am about to apply for mine Tier 2 Minister of Religion with my husband and children as dependents....any advice or tips?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sandrakegs: 5:37pm On May 04, 2016
Good day people,

I found out after I submitted my visa application (renewal) that I made a mistake.... I answered NO to the question 'have u ever been issued a visa in the last 10 years' although I have all the supporting documents to show that I have... it's just a silly mistake and I've been beating myself up about it.... does anyone think it's a good reason for refusal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 6:05pm On May 04, 2016
Sandrakegs:
Good day people,

I found out after I submitted my visa application (renewal) that I made a mistake.... I answered NO to the question 'have u ever been issued a visa in the last 10 years' although I have all the supporting documents to show that I have... it's just a silly mistake and I've been beating myself up about it.... does anyone think it's a good reason for refusal?

Very good reason for refusal!!
Get off your bottom and contact them very soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.