Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,855 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536925 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aibisoye0: 2:14pm On Aug 16, 2016
Lol was also waiting to see what shocked ando appalled you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
LadyGuinivere:

Sorry about the refusal and waste of money in these hard times but please eh, can you please point out the reason why you were shocked and appalled?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2016
Aibisoye0:
Lol was also waiting to see what shocked ando appalled you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

Please what went wrong because am still in a sad mood.I was refused in just under 2 minutes
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by peacevilla: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
I ve been a silence reader all this while. I went for interview in Lagos today with my wife and was approved. Attended to at window 2

This was how it went.

VO: morning ( keeping typing and checking on computer all through
Me: morning sir
Vo: passport pls(slide in passports)
VO: Where are you going to in US
Me and my wife: bla bla bla
VO : what is your purpose of traveling
Me: vacation
VO : do you have someone there
Me: my in law
My wife : my brother
VO: what do you do for a living
Me: I m an xxxx
Vo: describe your work
Me: I m bla bla. (Exactly how I filled in my ds-160)
VO: turn to my wife. Where do you work
My wife: I m a ....
VO: what do you
My wife : bla bla...
VO: do you have any chil
Me : yes, we have x children
VO : have you travel before
Me: yes and her no
VO : Where and when
Me: fr, xxxx year
Vo : for what
Me: bla bla training
VO: will you seek for medical in USr
Both of us : no, not at all
VO: your visas are approved, pick it up in the next two days. (handover white paper and circle the pick up address)
No documents checked, Despite the fact we have pending immigrant petition.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
@TalliusCeciro, don't be shocked. Eyes dey red everywhere...even the VOs are not left out cheesy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
TalliusCeciro:

Please what went wrong because am still in a sad mood.I was refused in just under 2 minutes
Dude. Truly. Nobody can tell u what went wrong. In your case, me can't even speculate. We no get your ds 160, we don't know what u do, for how long or how much you are paid. We don't even know if u have a history of misresentation or if you attempted to misrepresent. Except you can get Donald Trump to get the russians to check what the VO wrote in his notes, the best answer I can give you is that your personal life, work, salary or travel history (individually or together) did not satisfy the vo. Wait until your circumstance has changed.
You cannot judge yourself with the other people that had no travel history. Maybe they had what u did not. Again I repeat, objectively self evaluate yourself

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2016
TalliusCeciro:
Am really Shocked and appalled by what happened to me at Abuja US Embassy.Please this what transpired between myself and the officer.Please what went wrong.
I: Hello
CO: Can I have your passport and confirmation paper
CO:Why are you going to the US?
I: to attend a conference.
CO:Where is the conference?
I:Chicago
CO: What do you do?
I: I am a
C0: Have you traveled outside before?
I: No
CO:How much do you earn?
I: I told him

I met applicants with no travel experiences who were approved.

Please if you can, post the full transcript. what are your ties in Nigeria?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 2:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
@LagyG, you said it all. smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
keni:

Please if you can, post the full transcript. what are your ties in Nigeria?
I assume that's the full script. The guy probably had no strong ties, good pay and obviously good travel history. I will assume he's single, and in that case travel history and good pay might do the magic...and let's also assume there has been no misrepresentation of any form as LadyG has intoned. smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
Finally!
Some good news. Whoop de doo for U @peacevilla.
Another notch for those in favour of the submission that 'those with immigration petition can still get B visa'
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
please what do you you mean by misrepresenting?
LadyGuinivere:

Dude. Truly. Nobody can tell u what went wrong. In your case, me can't even speculate. We no get your ds 160, we don't know what u do, for how long or how much you are paid. We don't even know if u have a history of misresentation or if you attempted to misrepresent. Except you can get Donald Trump to get the russians to check what the VO wrote in his notes, the best answer I can give you is that your personal life, work, salary or travel history (individually or together) did not satisfy the vo. Wait until your circumstance has changed.
You cannot judge yourself with the other people that had no travel history. Maybe they had what u did not. Again I repeat, objectively self evaluate yourself
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by peacevilla: 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Finally!
Some good news. Whoop de doo for U @peacevilla.
Another notch for those in favour of the submission that 'those with immigration petition can still get B visa'

Thank you sister, I think they consider strong tie to your home country for visa approval like marriage, children and job. I was afraid before my turn, because I was praying to be attended to by another person because the guy on window 2 was just given blue paper - i m sorry bla bla to everyone before us. Also, I almost think we might be refused visa due to our immigrant petition, because I have asked a lot of people, everybody keep saying the same thing we can try our luck. But thank God it was a surprise.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
TalliusCeciro:
please what do you you mean by misrepresenting?
Was any info on your form false?
Have u applied before with false info?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
TalliusCeciro:

My opinion, but I think they are getting fed up of the "Conference" thing.
Too many people from Nigeria submitting the same old story.

Also they are trained to scan the documents that you submitted and the way you present on the day.
USA says that you WILL try to immigrate unless you prove otherwise.
If they are not satisfied it's 214b rejection letter.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
peacevilla:

Thank you sister, I think they consider strong tie to your home country for visa approval like marriage, children and job. I was afraid before my turn, because I was praying to be attended to by another person because the guy on window 2 was just given blue paper - i m sorry bla bla to everyone before us. Also, I almost think we might be refused visa due to our immigrant petition, because I have asked a lot of people, everybody keep saying the same thing we can try our luck. But thank God it was a surprise.

Congrats! Surely, you ain't travelling with them kids I assume, some advantage that is, the previous France trip and probably your job/pay weighed in in your favor.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
My first time applying
LadyGuinivere:

Was any info on your form false?
Have u applied before with false info?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
TalliusCeciro:

Hope you know you haven't dropped "analyzable" details sha? Please do, if you expect anyone to have the faintest idea of what went wrong in this your case!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
Vuitton007:

if what I read up with had enough seasoned info, I will not be out here on the wall, when pple ask questions, be kind to answer politely "if u feel u must or if it was particularly directed to u" and not give a world of reasons why it shouldn't be answered cos it is daily being answered on the TL. I feel slighted with your line of "do some studing" then come back? lol, my question was detailed enough? anyway tnx

No need quarrelling with those that can and are pointing you in the right direction sir. It won't pay here oh!

Make do with this https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/49#42600899. There's an opportunity for you to upload your passport photo on your DS160 too, make do with that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
peacevilla:
I ve been a silence reader all this while. I went for interview in Lagos today with my wife and was approved. Attended to at window 2

This was how it went.

VO: your visas are approved, pick it up in the next two days. (handover white paper and circle the pick up address)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2016
peacevilla:

This was how it went.

Congrats, but this is a very boring transcript. No one can ever learn a thing from all you've typed.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
@TalliusCeciro what do you do for a living? and can you give me an idea what the conference is all about? who is sponsoring the conference? Are you married? do you have kids? how much do you earn? when did you start working? where have you been to?
I believe there's more questions to ask and we can start from there and mind you most interview take between 1min 45 secs to 3 mins.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaGodwin: 5:09am On Aug 17, 2016
My sister, na Sambisa Forest go real pass, they dislike Dubai and still went there more than 6 times. I salute them oh.

LadyGuinivere:

Make una go suncity SA na
Or Zimbabwe. I'm sure that place go real die cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 7:16am On Aug 17, 2016
NaGodwin:
My sister, na Sambisa Forest go real pass, they dislike Dubai and still went there more than 6 times. I salute them oh.
Funny you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaGodwin: 8:36am On Aug 17, 2016
grin Good Morning oh!

sugah:

Funny you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaydee01: 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2016
Please house,
am going to visit an old college friend on vacation ..... He is a citizen and he invited me and resides in Houston..... But I made some mistakes on my ds form as I wrote Atlanta as my poe cos of misinformation that there are hardly direct flights to Houston and also wrote my number as my boss's number.... These are the mistakes I was tryna correct after submission. From extensive reads on this forum I tried to to fill a new form but was timed out and couldn't save the new ds barcode so I can't retrieve the application and I can't create another using the old bar code.
Question
Is there anyway I can retrieve the new bar code??
Are the mistakes negligible and still confidently proceed to the interview next week with the submitted ds form??
Will the new created ds app show and affect the old one if I present the old??
Am a single dude going to visit an old buddy dude.... We were classmates in Europe so ....... Have a good job but wrote momma is sponsoring the trip cos she is.... She owed me that...... Is there any shocker to watch out for??
Sorry if the ques are many..... The answers can help other folks like me
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
kaydee01:
Please house,
am going to visit an old college friend on vacation .....
You can always create a new bar code with the old one.
Also, there could be a shocker, very likely, as regards your trip's sponsorship. Because she owes you that, really? Kindly throw light on this please. If you will permit me to ask, How old are you sir? Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2016
kaydee01:
Please house,
am going to visit an old college friend on vacation ..... He is a citizen and he invited me and resides in Houston..... But I made some mistakes on my ds form as I wrote Atlanta as my poe cos of misinformation that there are hardly direct flights to Houston and also wrote my number as my boss's number.... These are the mistakes I was tryna correct after submission. From extensive reads on this forum I tried to to fill a new form but was timed out and couldn't save the new ds barcode so I can't retrieve the application and I can't create another using the old bar code.
Question
Is there anyway I can retrieve the new bar code??
Are the mistakes negligible and still confidently proceed to the interview next week with the submitted ds form??
Will the new created ds app show and affect the old one if I present the old??
Am a single dude going to visit an old buddy dude.... We were classmates in Europe so ....... Have a good job but wrote momma is sponsoring the trip cos she is.... She owed me that...... Is there any shocker to watch out for??
Sorry if the ques are many..... The answers can help other folks like me
thanks
How old are you? and you can visit your buddy... also when is your interview date? if your interview date less than 48 hours I'm not sure there's anything you can do but if not you can fill another DS160 form and use the feedback option to write the embassy to change your ds160 number.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ebsuguy(m): 2:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
Hello house,please i will be travelling to the US for a Health training conference by first week of october.The training is just a week and i have an invitation letter.I am an Undergraduate studying in Nigeria.Please where do i start with the visa stuff?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nk20: 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
My visa was approved on 12th august, I went to collect it today 17th August and they said it's not ready please I hope it's not something to worry about because I was told to pick it 3 working days
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2016
[quote author=nk20 post=48563638]My visa was approved on 12th august, I went to collect it today 17th August and they said it's not ready please I hope it's not something to worry about because I was told to pick it 3 working days

No need rushing to the collection centre. Track your visa here.

ceac.state.gov/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yinkslinks(m): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2016
You failed the question when he asked you why you going to see ur childhood friend, instead you were busy forming sharp man telling him of nice lakes, seas, river, well hahahahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you messed up big time.
yungokus:

Do note I'm an avid traveller that's been to Tanzania, UK, Kenya, Mauritius, South Africa, UAE all on vacation

my question to u is 1. what were the travel intervals for all your vacations even the italy denial.. but bfor you provide an answer, if you claim to work for xyz company and u are travelling like buhari(lol) and its not work related at a point amongst the trip then what is your role as a worker in your company that u travel for vacations (sometimes too much of vacationing can be harmful...i stand to be corrected). i will advice u give your USA vacation a break to focus on your work and apply much later. to me u did pretty well in your transcript but those pointers are one u should take note of... All d best sir.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
ebsuguy:
Hello house,please i will be travelling to the US for a Health training conference by first week of october.The training is just a week and i have an invitation letter.I am an Undergraduate studying in Nigeria.Please where do i start with the visa stuff?
1. Log out of NL
2. Search for the US embassy website for Nigeria
3. Read the process
4. Follow the process

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ebsuguy(m): 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

1. Log out of NL
2. Search for the US embassy website for Nigeria
3. Read the process
4. Follow the process

I have read the process but i wanted to know if there is any potential pitfalls that i should watch out for.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.