Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531875 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Wish I could help bro! Really don't know how to believe you will go and return back considering my evaluation of your personal circumstances and financial standing. Are you really an architect for starters? Why not build yourself some bit more? Who is this groom and who is he to you? Why are you not having a key role to play at the wedding? Is he in Michigan too as your aunty? Why is your aunty sponsoring you to attend his wedding? IMO, going to visit your aunty carries more weight than going to the US for that wedding anyways, just turn that your first planned answer the other way round. Single, no travel history at all, fresh out of school (post-NYSC, I know), no clear-cut source of income, are all too many factors that may work against this pursuit of yours at this material time if I'm to be frank with you. Build yourself some more, just give it time and build. Regards

@ChelseaFan1: Remember this post? Did anything change much as per what you told us about your application at the time? You have somehow succeeded in not communicating your interview transcript effectively so far. Hopefully, you do so now instead of all these half measure rigmarole you are taking everyone through now. Proper transcript please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chelseafan1: 11:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
OmoBendel24:

@ChelseaFan1: Remember this post? Did anything change much as per what you told us about your application at the time? You have somehow succeeded in not communicating your interview transcript effectively so far. Hopefully, you do so now instead of all these half measure rigmarole you are taking everyone through now. Proper transcript please.

Lol, I remember, a lot changed bro, I really do not wanna talk about my transcript, I am sorry.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Teeboy22(m): 1:19am On Aug 19, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Read the thread and learn from mistakes and experiences of people

wink smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:41am On Aug 19, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Oh! I didn't even know he had a story here. @chelseafan clearly u did not evaluate yourself. If what omobendel posted is your profile, then pray tell what do you consider your ties?
Anyways there's no point going over it cos until your circumstances truly change, status quo remains
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:57am On Aug 19, 2016
Chelseafan1:

So, he just denied me based on what info is contained in my ds 160 form because he didnt ask me any of those questions in that refusal letter.

Yes, That is why you submit the form.
They do not have time for long interview to probe questions.
They read your form to make a decision and only ask questions to get a clear picture.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mostwantedguy: 9:46am On Aug 19, 2016
Please between the Abuja and Lagos embassy, which have a high denial rate?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chelseafan1: 10:56am On Aug 19, 2016
worry359:

Yes, That is why you submit the form.
They do not have time for long interview to probe questions.
They read your form to make a decision and only ask questions to get a clear picture.

Make dem dey chop dere country jor, I dey go anoda country next year or 2018.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 19, 2016
Pls house i have a plan to travel to the USA and its my first time ever travelling out at all.
My question here is what are my chances?

Secondly i have met with some agents and was made to know that there is a two year visa, pls can someone enlighten me more on this pls. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
Folafikemi:
Pls house i have a plan to travel to the USA and its my first time ever travelling out at all.

Secondly i have met with some agents and was made to know that there is a two year visa, pls can someone enlighten me more on this pls. Thanks
1. Read the very ist page on this thread. Ist post answers your question
2. Yes. Most successful applicants get 2 year visas

@alibabspredey
This is the wrong thread. Look for the CA thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2016
Folafikemi:

Please note that we do NOT like or support agents on here.
You can do everything yourself without the risk of using those people.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tunexman: 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
Pls,what is the visa category for conference? is it Business or Business/tourist when booking appointment and filling of the form.Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
tunexman:
Pls,what is the visa category for conference? is it Business or Business/tourist when booking appointment and filling of the form.Thanks.

Select B1/B2 and you'll be fine.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by EllaT88: 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
I'm one of the silence follower that has been following this blog since early this year. I was denied usa visa last year when I applied in Europe, reapply again last month which I went for the interview today, Glory be to God, the interview was successful, below is the interview script:
I: Good morning Sir in my sexy voice
Vo: Can I have ur passport please
Vo: why are you going to usa
I: for church conference
Vo: where
I: Chicago Ill
VO: what do you do, he called my store name
I: I'm into comestic
VO: where do you get ur comestic
I: Nigeria
Vo: ve u travelled before
I : turkey 3x, cyprus n Dubai 2x
He whine me that I can see on ur document that you have two kids, I told him No dat I just married but I think he is just looking at my sincerity, with smile he gave me white paper to come for my visa pick up. I thank God for everything because he is the only one that can do it. My advice to my friends here waiting for their interview here, put everything into God' hands by praying for his Favor, dress smart, be focus ,confidence and be sincere.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2016
mostwantedguy:
Please between the Abuja and Lagos embassy, which have a high denial rate?
Can you get survey monkey on it asap... we are not researcher sir. grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mostwantedguy: 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
EllaT88:
I'm one of the silence follower that has been following this blog since early this year. I was denied usa visa last year when I applied in Europe, reapply again last month which I went for the interview today, Glory be to God, the interview was successful, below is the interview script:
He whine me that I can see on ur document that you have two kids, I told him No dat I just married but I think he is just looking at my sincerity, with smile he gave me white paper to come for my visa pick up. I thank God for everything because he is the only one that can do it. My advice to my friends here waiting for their interview here, put everything into God' hands by praying for his Favor, dress smart, be focus ,confidence and be sincere.

Which embassy were you interviewed?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by EllaT88: 7:02am On Aug 20, 2016
Lagos

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chelseafan1: 8:55am On Aug 20, 2016
EllaT88:

Congrats dear, next time I'll be applying, I pray I get that sweet - looking, young lady to interview me, I no just want man except a young guy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekpotek: 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2016
gentleiphy:

I wasn't denied because of any body language ..pompous,arrogant or timidness...like i said the questions asked would not even warrant you being arrogant or pompous cos the questions the visa officers ask are straight and not like you are having an argument about why you feel you should be given visa..so those assumptions are out of the way...so what happened when i went back after two weeks to a different visa officer who with smiles reminded me i was there two weeks ago and said sorry for bringing you back..and for starters i have never seen visa issuance as a do or die thing cos you might be denied last two months and no status change and still be given the next time you visit...and visas are just mere permission to enter a country and when they said Nah,you are not qualified to visit at this time its not the end of the world but because most of us see it as a gateway we always feel downcast....if your purpose is just for visit and come back and they deny you happily go home and try other countries for your vacation if its vacation you sort for.Meanwhile for people residing in countries that US sees as not potential run always...the visa officers are only concerned with your legal status and not even where you work,salary,married or single..travelled before or not..i know office cleaners in Nigeria with salary of 8k a month may never be issued US visa...but here everybody gets visa so long as you show proof of your legal status which is either a student,permanent resident,temporal work permit holders...Nigerian students in Canada here always are issued 3yrs visas..only what they need show is thier student ID cards...maybe sometimes semester results and thats it..nobody ask who is going to sponsor your trip.so it boils down to how they the visa officers percieve the countries in question.

I agree with you. A colleague of my was denied a B visa to attend a conference last year. The VO denied him on the basis that he was self sponosored. However, this year he got the Visa to attend a conference again, self sponsored. Nothing has changed in his circumstances between last year and now. Most time the VO had made up his/her mind to deny or approvals from your DS160 form. The interview is either to convince the VO otherwise or not. Beside there is a big temptation out there for people to violated their US visa by overstaying or changing to another visa category.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DiBoss: 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sarki140: 7:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
Good evening ladies and gentlemen I am in the process of applying for a non immigrant visa to participate in a conference in Washington, D.C. Am actually a final year university student here and from what I heard so far,it seems is almost impossible for a student to get a visa.please gurus can you enlighten me.looking forward to your replies.thanks very much.God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2016
Pls i intend to go hustle for USA, pls what category of visa can i apply for, that will suit the purpose of my wanting to go.

Await your favorable response.
Regards.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
Pls i intend to go hustle for USA, pls what category of visa can i apply for, that will suit the purpose of my wanting to go.

Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
Folafikemi:

Regards.
I'm sorry.. You should get in touch with the U.S embassy for the appropriate direction as you can see.. this is a Non Immigrant visa forum.. try somewhere else.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 21, 2016
Folafikemi:

Regards.
you'll need a work visa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 21, 2016
Sarki140:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen I am in the process of applying for a non immigrant visa to participate in a conference in Washington, D.C. Am actually a final year university student here and from what I heard so far,it seems is almost impossible for a student to get a visa.please gurus can you enlighten me.looking forward to your replies.thanks very much.God bless
how strong are your ties to your home country? Is the conference related to your discipline? Goodluck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekpotek: 5:50am On Aug 21, 2016
Sarki140:

Is the conference related to your study?
Are you invited to present a paper?
Is the organiser offering travel sponsorship?
Do you have relatives in the US?
What is the likelihood of you returning back to Nigeria after the conference (strong ties to home country).
The above questions will be considered by the VO either to approve of deny a visa, which can be extracted from your DS160 form submitted. Good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sarki140: 6:33am On Aug 21, 2016
The conference is very much related to my field of study and accommodations have been pre arranged am only covering the airfares.am actually going as a delegate.and I really don't have a close relative in the us.i have friends there. Thanks very much for your thoughts
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:58am On Aug 21, 2016
Sarki140:
The conference is very much related to my field of study and accommodations have been pre arranged am only covering the airfares.am actually going as a delegate.and I really don't have a close relative in the us.i have friends there. Thanks very much for your thoughts
Sorry to be the voice of gloom.
But no matter how important the conference is to you or how prepared you are, your ties remains of paramount consideration.
So your question should be redirected to yourself
"What can reasonably be considered ties to my country?'
You can read back a few pages. The refusal paper somebody posted gave examples of what the embassy considers ties
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by GOLDENWOLF(m): 8:22am On Aug 21, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Hi good morning, please I need your advice on how to go about traveling to u.s with an invite from a friend in the u.s, she already agree to send to an invite to come over but still need some info on how to go about it. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:32am On Aug 21, 2016
GOLDENWOLF:

Hi good morning, please I need your advice on how to go about traveling to u.s with an invite from a friend in the u.s, she already agree to send to an invite to come over but still need some info on how to go about it. Thank you

It has been said many many times.
The USA visa officers do not look at invitation letters!

Your application must stand up on it's own.
Strong ties to prove you will return home.
Robust finances.

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.