Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,582 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533808 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbanti: 5:58am On Oct 29, 2016
People seems to forget this forum after getting their visa approved ;we need POE experiences too thanks@all

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 9:33am On Oct 29, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Hot peck
U go needs refund OgaG some bride price money be that o! grin cheesy
Lol....nothing do u not,u get mouth pass Basketmouth
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 9:43am On Oct 29, 2016
Kbanti:
People seems to forget this forum after getting their visa approved ;we need POE experiences too thanks@all
I will come and testify to the Glory of the Lord...and to share it all the way...I promise
With faith I grab it

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kutestic2(m): 6:21pm On Oct 29, 2016
Good day my people..... Kindly help me with sites to see cheap flight. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kutestic2(m): 6:35pm On Oct 29, 2016
Honestly.... We need POE experience too... O. God bless you all

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
Guys this is my opinion about what have noticd. 1. It is always better to have a 7am interview bcs the v.O wuld nt be tensed up yet. There re still gonna be more relaxed. 2. In most cases a woman is preferable, they aren't too harsh with words. N:B just my opinion pls
CBMO:
So in January this year I was denied a US visa even with a good travel history, good job, etc. As soon as the V.O asked me if i was married and I said No, he said there was an issue with his system, left, came back, typed for a few secs and then said i was ineligible for a visa as I had insufficient ties.
Reapplied again this month, had my interview on Monday.
V.O: Good day ma'am
Me: Good day
V.O: May I know why you want to go to the US
Me: Replied that I was going to attend an event, and also take some time off work to rest before my professional exams due in March
V.O: Where in the US will you be visiting
Me: Told her where I'll be staying
V:O: Where do you work and what are your duties there
Me: Explained this to her
V.O: Do you have kids
Me: No ma'am
V.O: Congrats, your visa is approved. Pick up your passport in 3 days,..*hands me the white paper
My interview was so short and the same answers I gave were the ones I gave when I was interviewed in January. To be honest it's just favour. Pray you get inteviewed by a sensible V.O and I think picking a 7am appointment helped..lol. At least that way they're just starting their day, not stressed out and nobody will have vexed them.lol. I was the second person to be interviewed by the V.O that day

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
amanonymous:
Guys this is my opinion about what have noticd. 1. It is always better to have a 7am interview bcs the v.O wuld nt be tensed up yet. There re still gonna be more relaxed. 2. In most cases a woman is preferable, they aren't too harsh with words. N:B just my opinion pls
I quite agree with u about the woman thing..but all in all,God first,cos even a woman can cause harm...if God says the VO who is gonna favor me is a man,so be it,then the time thing,the most thing is that when u have God with you,even if the VO belle dey turn am ...he /she will not have a choice but to issue a white paper...But as their criteria.TIES and PURPOSE is key
And GOD comes first...Favor is inevitable with HIM
My small opinion though

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onedimple: 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
Yessooo! A man refused me last year, a man granted me this year. It is all about God's favour and getting it right.

BelieveAndrew:

I quite agree with u about the woman thing..but all in all,God first,cos even a woman can cause harm...if God says the VO who is gonna favor me is a man,so be it,then the time thing,the most thing is that when u have God with you,even if the VO belle dey turn am ...he /she will not have a choice but to issue a white paper...But as their criteria.TIES and PURPOSE is key
And GOD comes first...Favor is inevitable with HIM
My small opinion though
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onedimple: 2:31pm On Oct 30, 2016
You can try travelstart.com. But your getting a cheap ticket depends on you travel date.

kutestic2:
Honestly.... We need POE experience too... O. God bless you all

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by farolee(m): 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2016
Many thanks to those that contribute immensely to this great forum. My interview didn't take 3 minutes and all the questions from vo came from DS 160.It God's favour and bless His holy name. LadyG and seyewest you guys are wonderful.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 5:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
farolee:
Many thanks to those that contribute immensely to this great forum. My interview didn't take 3 minutes and all the questions from vo came from DS 160.It God's favour and bless His holy name. LadyG and seyewest you guys are wonderful.
I am hoping that I will share this same positive testimony too... Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by indianteddy007: 6:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
I would like to take my kids on a vacation this December for my sons birthday. I need to apply for a visa for my two boys alone. There daddy is always occupied with work and does not have time to travel. Although,i travelled with the boys last year december to dubai for my sons birthday. the issue i have now is that i am not sure if they will grant us the visa without their dads presence. Kindly advise please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:47pm On Oct 30, 2016
indianteddy007:
I would like to take my kids on a vacation this December for my sons birthday. I need to apply for a visa for my two boys alone. There daddy is always occupied with work and does not have time to travel. Although,i travelled with the boys last year december to dubai for my sons birthday. the issue i have now is that i am not sure if they will grant us the visa without their dads presence. Kindly advise please
Invest some time and read the thread. From the time you first posted this question (or a similar one) to now, you would have answered this question. That's the essence of this thread-Do it yourself, read , research and form your own opinion

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TeamclicksAir: 9:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
kutestic2:
Good day my people..... Kindly help me with sites to see cheap flight. Thanks
Check skyscanner or momondo...simply the best

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Smile4mee01: 9:38pm On Oct 30, 2016
Guys Advice me,

My appointment is next month. i earn about 140k a month in a bank,i have a statement of account that reads like 6m as i am engaged in other businesses outside my job. I have also been to the UK once before.

Would my financial state be questioned?
I am not also married.

Kindly advce
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:17am On Oct 31, 2016
dureth:
just join the trends, will like to know much and the criteria to secure the visiting visa? and also like to know if the visiting can be later be converted to permanent visa or any other relevant visa to work and life07068420005
Edit ur nos. Nobody is calling u.
2. The quote u posted has the relevant links to provide the answers u seek.
3. This thred treats only visit visas. For work visas, check the migrant thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 6:28am On Oct 31, 2016
dureth:
just join the trends, will like to know much and the criteria to secure the visiting visa? and also like to know if the visiting can be later be converted to permanent visa or any other relevant visa to work and life07068420005
Permit me to answer your question sir,first thing first ...your English sef has denied you the right to using your visiting visa as permanent.....But if u choose to consider that,just know that you are now an "illegal immigrant" ..and will face the full weight of the law of the United states if caught...and also get ready to kiss your future visit to the US a permanent goodbye..
Sorry sir,if I sound harsh,but that's the truth and on the other hand,u visit and come back... Then earn their first forever
I hope this suffice better..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 6:55am On Oct 31, 2016
Smile4mee01:
Guys Advice me,

My appointment is next month. i earn about 140k a month in a bank,i have a statement of account that reads like 6m as i am engaged in other businesses outside my job. I have also been to the UK once before.

Would my financial state be questioned?
I am not also married.

Kindly advce
For visiting visa,they don't ask for financial state....possible question about financial state is "how much do u earn"
This is because they are not sure if the account statements is even authentic at the first place...
This VOs are wise... grin cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Blizzle(m): 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2016
Okay, my POE experience.

I flew Ethiad so my POE was Abu Dhabi. Great entertainment on Ethiad by the way. 7 hour layover and 14 hour flight from Abu Dhabi to JFK, New York. Apart from the long flight time, the flight was smooth and enjoyable. Great entertainment and good meal. I made sure the hostess kept coming with wine grin

So at Abu Dhabi with Custom & Border Protection officer

CBP: Your passport please
Me: Handed it over with the white n blue declaration form.

CBP: Why are you going to the US?
Me: Holiday & Vacation

CBP: Where are you going to?
Me: New Jersey

CBP: Why New Jersey
Me: I have family there.

CBP: What do you do?
Me: I work with ......and I'm into IT

CBP: Oh do you do cyber security too
Me: not my speciality but I knw the protocol.

CBP: How long are you staying
Me: 16 days

CBP: place ur fingers on the screen and he takes my fingerprint and stamps me in for 6 months. Enjoy your stay.
Me: thanks

I tell you something, I saw people that were stamped in for only 2 weeks and some a month after so much interrogation. I guess your story just has to check out or you may have issues.

Got to JFK and just got my luggage, no security check again at all, we were treated like a domestic flight.

Cheers

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by unclephilio123(m): 7:36pm On Oct 31, 2016
I commend the good works of everyone here,mostly LadyG,seyewest,omobendel,to mention bt few ppl.
Please,I'm in need of Help ASAP.I tried to book appointment early hour of today,bt mistankenly click YES for above 80years,whch automatically qualify me for Drop Box.All these happend as a result of sleep dat stil full my eyes @ dat time.
I tried to reschedule another appointment bt to no avail,the system keep telling me dat my receipt is no more validate.Plz help meeeee
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
unclephilio123:
I commend the good works of everyone here,mostly LadyG,seyewest,omobendel,to mention bt few ppl.
Please,I'm in need of Help ASAP.I tried to book appointment early hour of today,bt mistankenly click YES for above 80years,whch automatically qualify me for Drop Box.All these happend as a result of sleep dat stil full my eyes @ dat time.
I tried to reschedule another appointment bt to no avail,the system keep telling me dat my receipt is no more validate.Plz help meeeee
did you entered the code in your receipt on the system? if yes.. you have to pay another visa fees... pele sad sad sad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by captainugo: 8:11pm On Oct 31, 2016
Yes,I paid another 54400 today..waster resources but it's well. .God help me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by unclephilio123(m): 8:14pm On Oct 31, 2016
Meaning 54k400 jux go be dat?For dis recession
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:31pm On Oct 31, 2016
unclephilio123:
Meaning 54k400 jux go be dat?For dis recession
Na so o!
Tharris why I always say a day or 2 difference is better than losing a reciept.
Pele
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Na so o!
Tharris why I always say a day or 2 difference is better than losing a reciept.
Pele
Chai e dey pain oooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by folible(m): 10:28pm On Oct 31, 2016
Blizzle:
Okay, my POE experience.

I flew Ethiad so my POE was Abu Dhabi. Great entertainment on Ethiad by the way. 7 hour layover and 14 hour flight from Abu Dhabi to JFK, New York. Apart from the long flight time, the flight was smooth and enjoyable. Great entertainment and good meal. I made sure the hostess kept coming with wine grin

So at Abu Dhabi with Custom & Border Protection officer

CBP: Your passport please
Me: Handed it over with the white n blue declaration form.

CBP: Why are you going to the US?
Me: Holiday & Vacation

CBP: Where are you going to?
Me: New Jersey

CBP: Why New Jersey
Me: I have family there.

CBP: What do you do?
Me: I work with ......and I'm into IT

CBP: Oh do you do cyber security too
Me: not my speciality but I knw the protocol.

CBP: How long are you staying
Me: 16 days

CBP: place ur fingers on the screen and he takes my fingerprint and stamps me in for 6 months. Enjoy your stay.
Me: thanks

I tell you something, I saw people that were stamped in for only 2 weeks and some a month after so much interrogation. I guess your story just hasout or you may have issues.

Got to JFK and just got my luggage, no security check again at all, we were treated like a domestic flight.

Cheers
Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adejuwon1: 2:35am On Nov 01, 2016
please urgent help am on my DS 160 but my picture is giving me error try again later please what should i do this will be the 5th time am filling the DS 160 i need urgent help please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 5:47am On Nov 01, 2016
My POE experience.

I give God the glory for safe arrival.
I arrived JFK through Doha though it was a long hour flight but smooth. The aircraft was A350, very spacious and not fully booked. I was the only on my row of 3 seats so I had opportunity of lying down to sleep. It was about 13 hours trip.

I arrived JFK 9:45am and proceeded to the self scanning matching. I scanned my passport and did the biometric after which a slip came of the maching.

The questions answers on the maching was similar to the one already filled in a form given to me in the plane which I handed over to the BCO. The questions includes;

1. To declare what you have in your luggage
2. What you brought to US that will remain in US which may be gift or other items, food stuffs, meat etc.
3. Cash in excess of 10k usd.
4. Address of where you will be staying.

For me, I had only $400 and £500. Few clothes, books and gown I made for my host which was the only thing I declared with its value in USD.

Fast forward to BCO, I handed over my passport, the firm filled in the plane and printout from the biometric machine.

I selected leisure as my purpose of visit which is B2, I was not asked any question why did not come with my family neither amount of money I came with. He asked me what I do in Nigeria, where will I be staying and I presented the printout of my booking and deposite already paid to him with printout of the GTBank Mail sent to me when the money was deducted from my account. He asked me how many weeks am I staying and told him 11days. He asked if I have visited US before and told I am a first timer though I had visited UK twice and still have unused 2 year UK visa resting on my passport. He stamped me 6 months and which me well. I am still observing New York City.

My first engagement, I went to Bank of America to see how I can open an account in preparation for my next visit with my family and to my struggle for Forex.

Warning for first timer, most especially if you say you did not have anybody in US. Please, travel light, don't come with what will raise questions, I was seriously searched at Doha, Qatar.

To God be the glory.

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by otedola1(m): 7:49am On Nov 01, 2016
Nice info
zoomzu:
My POE experience.

I give God the glory for safe arrival.
I arrived JFK through Doha though it was a long hour flight but smooth. The aircraft was A350, very spacious and not fully booked. I was the only on my row of 3 seats so I had opportunity of lying down to sleep. It was about 13 hours trip.

I arrived JFK 9:45am and proceeded to the self scanning matching. I scanned my passport and did the biometric after which a slip came of the maching.

The questions answers on the maching was similar to the one already filled in a form given to me in the plane which I handed over to the BCO. The questions includes;

1. To declare what you have in your luggage
2. What you brought to US that will remain in US which may be gift or other items, food stuffs, meat etc.
3. Cash in excess of 10k usd.
4. Address of where you will be staying.

For me, I had only $400 and £500. Few clothes, books and gown I made for my host which was the only thing I declared with its value in USD.

Fast forward to BCO, I handed over my passport, the firm filled in the plane and printout from the biometric machine.

I selected leisure as my purpose of visit which is B2, I was not asked any question why did not come with my family neither amount of money I came with. He asked me what I do in Nigeria, where will I be staying and I presented the printout of my booking and deposite already paid to him with printout of the GTBank Mail sent to me when the money was deducted from my account. He asked me how many weeks am I staying and told him 11days. He asked if I have visited US before and told I am a first timer though I had visited UK twice and still have unused 2 year UK visa resting on my passport. He stamped me 6 months and which me well. I am still observing New York City.

My first engagement, I went to Bank of America to see how I can open an account in preparation for my next visit with my family and to my struggle for Forex.

Warning for first timer, most especially if you say you did not have anybody in US. Please, travel light, don't come with what will raise questions, I was seriously searched at Doha, Qatar.

To God be the glory.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:11am On Nov 01, 2016
zoomzu: And others!

No need to quote a long post just for a short reply!
It wastes a lot of space!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.