Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,462 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533734 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hommiekr(m): 9:50am On Nov 01, 2016
worry359:
zoomzu: And others!
No need to quote a long post just for a short reply! It wastes a lot of space!
u quoted d wrong person

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by unclephilio123(m): 10:20am On Nov 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Na so o!
Tharris why I always say a day or 2 difference is better than losing a reciept.
Pele
Ma,with due respect.........I had filled and submitted my DS 160 form,before schedulling appointment interview.The error I committed was clickiing "Yes"whre I was asked are u above 80years in my Cgifederal.secure.com which automatically qualify me for Drop Box.To me,this is a normal mistake that could happen to anyone,my cursor was on Yes button instead of No.Meaning bcoz of dat minnor blunder now,I hav to pay another money ba?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by indianteddy007: 11:20am On Nov 01, 2016
Good Morning VO,

Thank you for your usual response to my request. Please i applied for my self and my two kids. On our confirmation letter, my purpose of travel is B1/B2 (business and Tourism) while that of my kids is just B2 (Tourism/Medical treatment) ... i felt since they are kids.... they cant do "Business" that was y i picked only B2 for them. I hope it is okay?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by folible(m): 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2016
@zoomzu, thanks for sharing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Obizee: 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2016
thanks to God baba you too much all na favour this VO s ehn God. pass them.God bless seyewest and LadyG more blessings una too much i no fit shout first time of writing here but hv been following. the thread transcript. as follows...
Vo;Good morning sir
Me; overconfidence dey worry me but shaking inside after them don bounce like 3 young guys even person wey just dey yarn with me , 3,4,5 section 6vacant me dey 7 and and anoda young suited man on 8 , i dey fear blue colour now o lol..
Vo;how are you doin today
me;fine and you
Vo;what do you do
me;i am a......
Vo;i see thats good what are going to do in my country
me;i am going for .........
Vo; i can see you studied .......what is my .......(this is concerning my field
Vo;hv you travelled before showed him the previous pass
me;yes mentioned.....
Vo;are you married?
me;yes smilin looking into bis eyes no dulling
Vo;congratulations sir pls come back and get your visa in 3days hv a nice day sir
me;like a boss you too na him i remember oga seye and lady G for naira land o...men na God....
just 2mins...wow upon oda ppl interroragation wey dem still bounce dem ...

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Anthocracy(m): 5:59pm On Nov 01, 2016
Please I want to know if statement of account will be requested during interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2016
unclephilio123:
Ma,with due respect.........I had filled and submitted my DS 160 form,before schedulling appointment interview.The error I committed was clickiing "Yes"whre I was asked are u above 80years in my Cgifederal.secure.com which automatically qualify me for Drop Box.To me,this is a normal mistake that could happen to anyone,my cursor was on Yes button instead of No. Meaning bcoz of dat minnor blunder now,I hav to pay another money ba?
Yes
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:39pm On Nov 01, 2016
Anthocracy:
Please I want to know if statement of account will be requested during interview.
If you read at least 3 pages back, your question will be answered
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2016
indianteddy007:
Good Morning VO,

Thank you for your usual response to my request. Please i applied for my self and my two kids. On our confirmation letter, my purpose of travel is B1/B2 (business and Tourism) while that of my kids is just B2 (Tourism/Medical treatment) ... i felt since they are kids.... they cant do "Business" that was y i picked only B2 for them. I hope it is okay?
Okay
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:43pm On Nov 01, 2016
Obizee:
thanks to God baba you too much all na favour this VO s ehn God. pass them.God bless seyewest and LadyG more blessings una too much i no fit shout first time of writing here but hv been following. the thread transcript. as follows...
Vo;Good morning sir
Me; overconfidence dey worry me but shaking inside after them don bounce like 3 young guys even person wey just dey yarn with me , 3,4,5 section 6vacant me dey 7 and and anoda young suited man on 8 , i dey fear blue colour now o lol..
me;fine and you
Vo;what do you do
me;i am a......
me;yes mentioned.....
Vo;are you married?
Vo;congratulations sir pls come back and get your visa in 3days hv a nice day sir
me;like a boss you too na him i remember oga seye and lady G for naira land o...men na God....
Congrats.
Thanks for the mention.
But can you fill in the blanks? To help others after you.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
Obizee:
Vo;Good morning sir
me;fine and you
Vo;what do you do
me;i am a......
me;yes mentioned.....
Vo;are you married?
Congrats.
Thanks for the mention. We bless God.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tayo2001ng(f): 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2016
ttmacoy:
Hey tayo2001ng, I'm replying your message here because it will be hidden in the other thread.

As a USC your husband is required to file taxes every year even if he lives abroad so he being in Nigeria will not be accepted as an excuse. Note this does not mean he would be paying extra tax in the US as this is dependent on the different tax rates.

What he has to do now is file his back taxes for the last 3 years or at least for last year and when it is processed request the transcript and send to NVC.

Goodluck

Hi vo, I trust you doing great... My husband who is USC filled for me and we are at Nvc stage. After sending the AOS form and other civil documents . NVC responded they needed to see his {2015} IRS transcript from the most recent tax year. ... {2015} IRS tax schedules.... {2015} [x] W-2 forms... That's an Issue now cos he moved back to Nigeria 2010 and as since been working with Lagos state govt and pay his taxes ... Please I need your advice on how to go about this situation. Looking forward to your respond.... Thank you

Hello ttmacoy.... Thanks so much...I truly appreciate your response... Is it possible for him to file the tax from here (Nigeria)...please I would like you to put me through the process... I expect your response ... Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
adejuwon1:
please urgent help am on my DS 160 but my picture is giving me error try again later please what should i do this will be the 5th time am filling the DS 160 i need urgent help please
submit the form without pictures
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Obizee: 11:50pm On Nov 01, 2016
thanks to God baba you too much all na favour this VO s ehn God. pass them.God bless seyewest and LadyG more blessings una too much i no fit shout first time of writing here but have been following. the thread transcript. as follows...
Vo;Good morning sir
Me; overconfidence dey worry me but shaking inside after them don bounce like 3 young guys even person wey just dey yarn with me , 3,4,5 section 6 vacant me dey 7 and and anoda young suited man on 8 , i dey fear blue colour now o lol..
Vo;how are you doing today
me;fine and you
Vo;what do you do
me;i am a medical officer
Vo;i see that's good what are going to do in my country
me;i am going for a wedding
Vo; i can see you studied medicine and surgery what is his blood sugar.......(this is concerning my field) and tell me about your last patients
me:answered...their diseases and treatment
Vo;have you travelled before showed him the previous pass
me;yes mentioned.....
Vo;are you married?
me;yes smiling looking into his eyes no dulling
just 2mins...wow upon oda ppl interrogation wey dem still bounce dem ..
HAPPY NEW MONTH PEEPS...LADY G thanks a lot you re mouthed God bless your hustle....

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:58pm On Nov 01, 2016
@Obizee Congrats... Please do not forget to tell us about your poe experience... God bless.

@zoomzu Nice POE experience and transcript.. How's the weather in NYC? I did not use the self service machine on my trip and it was used by frequent traveler and non first timer... Have fun. God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 3:45am On Nov 02, 2016
@Obizee, so na because of 'medical doctor' and 'wedding' you dey censor your script before Na wa o.

Congrats and share your poe experience.. smiley

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:51am On Nov 02, 2016
tayo2001ng:

Hello ttmacoy.... Thanks so much...I truly appreciate your response... Is it possible for him to file the tax from here (Nigeria)...please I would like you to put me through the process... I expect your response ... Thanks
I expect both of u will find another means of communication cos It can't be here either. You discussions are irrelevant to this thread

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bogolobango(m): 9:16am On Nov 02, 2016
What are those that has only Dubai and some west African countries stamps on passport chances in getting a Usa visit visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 9:27am On Nov 02, 2016
bogolobango:
What are those that has only Dubai and some west African countries stamps on passport chances in getting a Usa visit visa

Nothing to do with stamps on passport.
It is about your ties to return home.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ragolis13: 10:05am On Nov 02, 2016
worry359:

Nothing to do with stamps on passport.
It is about your ties to return home.

@Worry359, Please give a well accurate answer if you MUST answer any question, Are you saying Travel History are not part of the ties being considered by the VO?? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 10:24am On Nov 02, 2016
ragolis13:

@Worry359, Please give a well accurate answer if you MUST answer any question, Are you saying Travel History are not part of the ties being considered by the VO?? Thanks

You should read back to learn before asking a question that has been answered many, many times!

Visa officer wants to see your strong ties to prove return home.

Visit and return to USA, UK and Shengan might help.
Visits to African countries do not make any difference to the outcome.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:09am On Nov 02, 2016
Ties and irs strenght is weighed considering several factors;
Marital status
Job/salary
Family dynamics
Travel history
And any other thing that can be personal to a personal that can bring you home.
People get it wrong when they think that having one is a guarantee to getting a US visa and hence folks go aroung gumming stickers and fake visas. Everything is taken as a whole and weighed.
I guess that's what Worry was trying to say.
Cc: Ragolis

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SexySan: 12:10pm On Nov 02, 2016
Hi VO,

Gdmorning...my husband and I got married a month ago and I am 4 months pregnant. I am yet to do a change of name.

We applied for US visa and our interview was yesterday. I was given visa but my husband was denied (214b).

I have a very good profile as I work for an American company and I previously had H3 Visa and worked in US for 2yrs a returned last year. I had work permit, SSN and Tax returns. I even recently got my tax return for some months in 2015.

However this is the 3rd time my husband is been denied Visa. The first was in 2014, second was in 2015 and now. He had some challenges in 2015, a visa agent gave me a false financial statement which the embassy discovered. He had good money in the account but this agent convinced him he needed to prove he had an income from his dad's coy.

During our interview with the VO, I wasn't ask what I was going to do in US or if I was pregnant or needed further medical attention. They only asked what coy I was working for, what I do and what I did working in US.

My husband was asked what he does, where he has travelled before (India, Malaysia and Indonesia) and if he had a child. He was also asked if he was previously married and what happened, which he answered.

She walked away to meet her supervisor for a while and returned saying she make 2 decisions and gave us white and blue paper.

Now I applied cos I was going for a training in Dec however I want to give birth next year when am due. I wasn't asked any question about pregnancy or medical care and didnt say anything so I won't be too forward.

Can I write a letter of intent and have my husband pay for our medical bills so he can go back to apply to enable him follow me since its our first baby.

Wondering if he was denied cos I haven't done a Change of name or because of the last yrs false statement (he wasn't asked any question about it again).

Kindly let me know ur thoughts.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mizbee: 12:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
Just passed through the Atlanta Immigration about 30 minutes ago. POE
IO: hello
Me: hi
IO: how long are u staying?
Me: just 21 days
IO: who would you be staying with?
Me: husband's cousin
IO: will he be joining you?
Me: No cos of work
IO: stamp! Stamp!!
That was all. Was through within 3-4 minutes

Wishing every other applicant and travellers all the best.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
SexySan:
Hi VO,

Gdmorning...my husband and I got married a month ago and I am 4 months pregnant. I am yet to do a change of name.

We applied for US visa and our interview was yesterday. I was given visa but my husband was denied (214b).

I have a very good profile as I work for an American company and I previously had H3 Visa and worked in US for 2yrs a returned last year. I had work permit, SSN and Tax returns. I even recently got my tax return for some months in 2015.

However this is the 3rd time my husband is been denied Visa. The first was in 2014, second was in 2015 and now. He had some challenges in 2015, a visa agent gave me a false financial statement which the embassy discovered. He had good money in the account but this agent convinced him he needed to prove he had an income from his dad's coy.

During our interview with the VO, I wasn't ask what I was going to do in US or if I was pregnant or needed further medical attention. They only asked what coy I was working for, what I do and what I did working in US.

My husband was asked what he does, where he has travelled before (India, Malaysia and Indonesia) and if he had a child. He was also asked if he was previously married and what happened, which he answered.

She walked away to meet her supervisor for a while and returned saying she make 2 decisions and gave us white and blue paper.

Now I applied cos I was going for a training in Dec however I want to give birth next year when am due. I wasn't asked any question about pregnancy or medical care and didnt say anything so I won't be too forward.

Can I write a letter of intent and have my husband pay for our medical bills so he can go back to apply to enable him follow me since its our first baby.

Wondering if he was denied cos I haven't done a Change of name or because of the last yrs false statement (he wasn't asked any question about it again).

Madam this is the wrong thread for your birthing questions. I think you should do what your mind told you to do when you didn't disclose your pregnancy. This thread was not created to aid those that fail to do the right thing. You knew what you wanted to use the visa for, you didn't state it when asked your purpose. That is not Being forward. That is called ' non disclosure of a material fact' and is considered misrepresentation.
2. He was denied based on 214b. The embassy does not require anybody to change names. If anybody was to be denied on that, it would have been you and not the man. Paying for medical bills is not regarded as a tie. Deal with the ish of the previous refusals. It cannot be swept under the carpet
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SexySan: 1:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Madam this is the wrong thread for your birthing questions. I think you should do what your mind told you to do when you didn't disclose your pregnancy. This thread was not created to aid those that fail to do the right thing. You knew what you wanted to use the visa for, you didn't state it when asked your purpose. That is not Being forward. That is called ' non disclosure of a material fact' and is considered misrepresentation.
2. He was denied based on 214b. The embassy does not require anybody to change names. If anybody was to be denied on that, it would have been you and not the man. Paying for medical bills is not regarded as a tie. Deal with the ish of the previous refusals. It cannot be swept under the carpet

I didn't refuse to disclose I was pregnant, she only asked where I work and what I do for my coy and what I did while working in US. She kept my passport aside and turned to my husband. I wasn't ask and she wasn't interested in me. My coy is sending me for a training and we wanted to do a week honeymoon that was why my husband was accompanying me. My training is in Dec and will be back Dec. I am due next year March. Why should I lie with the kind of record I have?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tzetzefly(m): 2:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
SexySan:

I didn't refuse to disclose I was pregnant, she only asked where I work and what I do for my coy and what I did while working in US. She kept my passport aside and turned to my husband. I wasn't ask and she wasn't interested in me. My coy is sending me for a training and we wanted to do a week honeymoon that was why my husband was accompanying me. My training is in Dec and will be back Dec. I am due next year March. Why should I lie with the kind of record I have?

You should proceed for your training as stipulated. It is a training for you and not a social visit. Your husband choose a wrong time to accompany you.

Your spouse need to come clean on his previous refusal as he probably needs a lot to clear with the CO.

And note that each applicant is treated separately irrespective of relationship and ties at the time of interview. One can be refused while the other(s) issued visa as was peculiar in your case.

My advise, he should avoid the U.S. for now let him take his vacation with you elsewhere.

After a little while say (2-3 years), he can reapply explaining on his DS-160 what sort of misrepresentation he got involved in previously and he must be ready to show genuine remorse when interviewed. While also willing to state what has really changed in his social and economic ties.

Please, stop wasting funds!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
@SexySan The first question I will like to ask you is that did you applied for B1 or Medical visa? if it was B1 then go ahead with your training and maybe get in touch with a doctor and get the necessary info you will need concerning birthing in U.S. Return to Nigeria and write the embassy about your intention to birth and ask for what to do.
You will have to leave your husband out of this for now maybe he can apply when you renew your passport to his name and he should come clean about his previous ''ish'' also you can travel with your mom if your serious about birthing in the U.S
God bless.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 6:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Congrats.
Thanks for the mention.
You have gotten your visa... The only way u could help others still in search.. "Like me"is to fill in d space
I am sure u read others too
Congrats sha..God wey do your own. Go do my own
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 6:44pm On Nov 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Ties and irs strenght is weighed considering several factors;
Marital status
Job/salary
Family dynamics
Travel history
And any other thing that can be personal to a personal that can bring you home.
People get it wrong when they think that having one is a guarantee to getting a US visa and hence folks go aroung gumming stickers and fake visas. Everything is taken as a whole and weighed.
I guess that's what Worry was trying to say.
Cc: Ragolis
Throw more light on family dynamics..plus honesty is good,but someone having family abroad..yet wanna go on Trip
Werin he go tell VO
Oya tell me my dear
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2016
mizbee:
Just passed through the Atlanta Immigration about 30 minutes ago. POE
IO: hello
Me: hi
IO: how long are u staying?
Me: just 21 days
IO: who would you be staying with?
Me: husband's cousin
IO: will he be joining you?
Me: No cos of work
IO: stamp! Stamp!!
That was all. Was through within 3-4 minutes

Wishing every other applicant and travellers all the best.
Amen...stay well

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Fyorgyn: 7:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
SexySan:
Hi VO,

Hi... sorry about your husband's refusal.

For what it's worth I do not think it is because you haven't done a change of name. I have still not changed my name but I had a conference to attend in America when we newly got married, went with my husband for the interview and we were both given.

Now, from your story... I think the VO sees your husband as a potential illegal immigrant and I'd tell u why

1. He's been refused two years in a row and with misleading information
2. He got married one month ago to someone with great travel history- now given his previous refusals you won't blame the VOs if they wrongly assume that it may be a sham marriage A ploy (known or unknown to you) to get him to the US
Maybe if you had mentioned the pregnancy then they would have considered?
3. Was he married before?or did he fill he was married in his previous applications? This may have further complicated matters for him.

My advice is let him try again... this time writing the truth in the space provided for refusals on the DS 160.

I know it can be very frustrating
Wish you all the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90