Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534262 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 6:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
Classified60:
Good evening my nairaland people.. I was at the embassy today to cheer up a friend who had is interview this morning 9 am. Oh boy too manybpeople were denied in between the hours of 7 to 11am even mh friend was denied because did not have strong ties. The visa interview goes thus..

Vo: Can you pass ne your passport please
my friend did.:
VO: Why are you traveling to america?

Your friend had the best opportunity at the interview to establish ties.Going by the stated questions asked, but he blew it. He should try again if he has the resources and explain more on his ties. School, work, the importance of the conference and wedding in April should count for something.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2017
constance234:

Your friend had the best opportunity at the interview to establish ties.Going by the stated questions asked, but he blew it. He should try again if he has the resources and explain more on his ties. School, work, the importance of the conference and wedding in April should count for something.

Constance you are well heard i realy appreciate you... I tokd him too he had a very golden opportunity to express his ties at the interview but he blew it. You arr on point my Brother and your opinion is very apprciated. God bless you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
"He keeps typing and typing and says im sorry you need to build your strong ties. You can reapply anytime and he keeps looking at him with a pitty eyes. "

My opinion: this is the same statement as written in their rejection letter.

"VO: Why are you traveling to america?
MF: I'm attending a conference"

My opinion: The answer is too weak, very weak. How about this format instead? "I am attending a conference on X, as it will help in Y and give a better chance in promotion in my organization, Z" - you could also add any truthful info. that you feel will show the importance of the conference to your line of work.

Classified60:
Good evening my nairaland people.. I was at the embassy today to cheer up a friend who had is interview this morning 9 am. Oh boy too manybpeople were denied in between the hours of 7 to 11am even mh friend was denied because did not have strong ties. The visa interview goes thus..

my friend did.:
MF: I'm attending a conference
Vo: where?
MF: Miami Florida
Vo: What's the conference all about?
MF: Bla bla bla
Vo: Where do you work?
MF: bla bla bla
Vo: What do you do?
MF: I'm an accountant
VO: Have you traveled before?
MF: No
VO: what's your salary?
MF: 400k monthly
VO: How hold are you?
MF: I am 29yrs old "going to be 30 next month" he helped him to complete it.
Vo: Are you single
MF: Yes i'm single
He keeps typing and typing and says im sorry you need to build your strong ties. You can reapply anytime and he keeps looking at him with a pitty eyes.

My nigga is reapplying soonest and this time around loaded with what he has but did not add to his application...
He is still doing is MBA though on his thesis deffence and also planing to get married April 29 but he did not fill it on the form. The conference is starting 17th of march and he is to attend the confference because the confference report is going to be used for his promotion to a Zonal Manager of the company. plesase house add your suggestion on what my guy should do.. Everybody's opinion is highly welcome

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
@Kaptainfrica thank you very much i really appreciate you. Your advice will be noted and also put to use. God Bless you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jasperyct(m): 7:43pm On Feb 21, 2017
Plz...advice...
I got family visit visa and my folk are in school while my vacation is almost finish...can I go in alone now and next travel we go together....?

Secondly..my invitee is in GA but I wanna go in thru NY bcoz of the cost...won't there any ish
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Exactly. @Mstiti you can visit America to tour the whole country. If that's his plan, then that's his plan. If he can afford it whoop du dee for him
Purpose of trip always remain secondary to ties and the financial werewithal

Okay, fine words. Properly expressed for me to understand now smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

In this woman's case, clearly she no know wetin she wan go do there....
Lack of research. Totally deserved to be refused

Messed up and overly directionless purpose of trip, zero delivery!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 9:37pm On Feb 21, 2017
Classified60.

Has your friend traveled before? Your friend is unmarried and probably with no child just yet. What's that 'tie', social or otherwise, that would compel your friend to return. Let him work on those ties. Until their are significant changes in his life he should not bother applying again. Guy, think of that application fee oh smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jasperyct(m): 10:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
jasperyct:
Plz...advice...
I got family visit visa and my folk are in school while my vacation is almost finish...can I go in alone now and next travel we go together....?

Secondly..my invitee is in GA but I wanna go in thru NY bcoz of the cost...won't there any ish

Anyone at home
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
jasperyct:

Anyone at home
You can go alone but be ready to explain why and yes you can fly in through New York just make sure your onward ticket is with you and explain why you're coming in through New York.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:18am On Feb 22, 2017
Burger01:
Classified60.

Has your friend traveled before? Your friend is unmarried and probably with no child just yet. What's that 'tie', social or otherwise, that would compel your friend to return. Let him work on those ties. Until their are significant changes in his life he should not bother applying again. Guy, think of that application fee oh smiley

Thanks man . My friend actually is getting married this april 29th and his fiance is two month pregnant but he said he did not mention it because he has no document to back up the claim. He is reapplying because he the cobference is going to help him alot in his career advancement and also help the company in businesz networking. He is also adding that his MBA is still in view and he is going to have is thesis presentation on the 4th of april. but will the admission letter for the MBA enough to convince the VO? Thanks alot.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tallymi: 6:32am On Feb 22, 2017
Good morning,

Please myself and my mum want to apply for B1/B2 visa together. How do I go by it as so to be able to book the same date together and time together.

your swift respond will be appreciated.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:48am On Feb 22, 2017
Classified60:

Thanks man . My friend actually is getting married this april 29th and his fiance is two month pregnant but he said he did not mention it because he has no document to back up the claim. He is reapplying because he the cobference is going to help him alot in his career advancement and also help the company in businesz networking. He is also adding that his MBA is still in view and he is going to have is thesis presentation on the 4th of april. but will the admission letter for the MBA enough to convince the VO? Thanks alot.
IMO No.
Nothing has changed with regards to his ties. Almost married still isn't married. Pregnancy can be abandoned. The fact tht the conference will earn him a promotion is still secondary to ties which he has to work on. Again I ask, what value does an almost mba add to the application?
Wisdom profiteth to direct. Which is better? To reapply, be denied and look desperate and make it more difficult during subsequent pplications or wait till after the marrige nd pply when there's an actual change in circumstances?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:50am On Feb 22, 2017
Tallymi:
Good morning,

Please myself and my mum want to apply for B1/B2 visa together. How do I go by it as so to be able to book the same date together and time together.

your swift respond will be appreciated.

Thank you
Go through the embssy website step by step procedure is there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 22, 2017
Classified60:

my friend did.:
MF: I'm attending a conference
Vo: where?
MF: Miami Florida
Vo: What's the conference all about?
MF: Bla bla bla
Vo: Where do you work?
MF: bla bla bla
Vo: What do you do?
MF: I'm an accountant
VO: Have you traveled before?
MF: No
VO: what's your salary?
MF: 400k monthly
VO: How hold are you?
MF: I am 29yrs old "going to be 30 next month" he helped him to complete it.
Vo: Are you single
MF: Yes i'm single
He keeps typing and typing and says im sorry you need to build your strong ties. You can reapply anytime and he keeps looking at him with a pitty eyes.

My nigga is reapplying soonest and this time around loaded with what he has but did not add to his application...
He is still doing is MBA though on his thesis deffence and also planing to get married April 29 but he did not fill it on the form. The conference is starting 17th of march and he is to attend the confference because the confference report is going to be used for his promotion to a Zonal Manager of the company. plesase house add your suggestion on what my guy should do.. Everybody's opinion is highly welcome

Unless something has changed, he should reconsider "reapplying soonest." The VOs base their decisions on U.S. immigration law, not their personal feelings about you at that moment. Have your friend read the letter that outlines that law and think about how he fits the qualifications before reapplying.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by osemwengie1: 7:52am On Feb 22, 2017
Will be flying to Chicago tomorrow. This is my first trip outside Nigeria, and will be staying for only 2 weeks. Any advice on the POE, best shopping mall, any other things that will make my brief stay fun will be appreciated. Thanks

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aibisoye0: 8:45am On Feb 22, 2017
Hello all,

I have 2 questions. Please anyone that can help.

1. I applied for us visa December 2015, planned to travel in March 2016 but haven't used it since then as I lost my grandpa early in 2016 January. I was out of the country last year to UK in may to see my family and to mourn. This year I intend using the visa with my wife to be when we marry later in the year for honeymoon as i was single when I got it. Will there be any issues?

2. My wife to be went for interview yesterday and she was successful. She interviewed as a single lady. She picked isolo as pick up but the VO circled VI for her to pick up. Will it be shipped to isolo or VI. Please help

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:10am On Feb 22, 2017
@Aibisoye0

As long as the visa has not expired or cancelled, you can always travel to the U.S regardless of the original purpose of travel. However, the visa does not guarantee you entry, but allows you travel to the port of entry and request permission to enter the United States. It is the sole responsibility of U.S. (CBP) officials to permit or deny admission and determine how long you may stay.

You can always contact GCI for the pick up of your fiancee's passport. Congratulations.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:16am On Feb 22, 2017
osemwengie1:
Will be flying to Chicago tomorrow. This is my first trip outside Nigeria, and will be staying for only 2 weeks. Any advice on the POE, best shopping mall, any other things that will make my brief stay fun will be appreciated. Thanks

Why lose sleep over POE if your purpose of travel to the U.S is genuine? Use your energy to pray for journey mercies. Make use of "google" for the rest. All the best.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by okechukwu101: 10:06am On Feb 22, 2017
Hi people. Can i reapply immediately after been denied visa? I am supposed to represent my organization for a conference for March.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ralphlegendx: 11:41am On Feb 22, 2017
Hello house,

I have been a silent reader all this while and happy to say that I have really learnt a great deal in this platform with some positive contribution.
My brother resides in Ukraine. This 2017 He is planning on applying for USA visit visa. He has a temporary Ukraine resident permit which will expire in 2019 and while having discussing with him I told him it is quite better he applys for the USA visit visa from Ukraine coz he has a son there with his girl but not yet married?pls members of this forum any candid advice or he should come to Nigeria to apply or Ukraine.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by omobee86: 12:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
hi every one, I am a silent reader here but I promised to come share my transit here after my interview. I had my interview to day and it was successful. glory to God. I got there on time, took in my environment and got comfortable. I was a bit nervous but I was armed with everything I learnt here.
I was told to go to window 1 to a very cute guy.
Below is my transcript
vo: good morning how you doing?
me: I am good, good morning. ( I flashed a cute smile)
Vo: where are you going in US
Me: florida.ill be visting tampa and orlando
VO: oohh.. whats happening there.
Me : vacation, its my annual leave in April so I plan to take time off to sight see
VO: what do you do for work?
Me: I work with an insurance company
VO: ohh.. so what kinda insurance do you sell.
ME: Motor insurance, Annuity, life insurance
VO: tell me about Annuity insurance
ME: ( I did not hear him very well so I repeated him)?
VO: yes please ( with that cute smile that makes me want to stop my interview and ask for his number )
Me: oh annuity is a type of insurance that yadahyah..
VO: fantastic! have you been.. oh I see you have been to Dubai?
Me yes last year
VO: are you married
Me: no.. not yet but later this year. ( I could have sworn his face fell like oh. and I was just gonna ask for your number if you were single maybe that was in my head sha)
VO: ok I have approved your visa.. pick it up where you put down as your collection center
me: thank You
VO: make sure you take care of your self and enjoy florida! and he winked! this time it was not in my head oo
thank God for everything. I have been following this thread for 2months now and I am glad. this thread is a Godsent.
no document was checked . and please make sure you upload your passport picture. all the people that did not were sent back. Florida is ganna be lit!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
osemwengie1:
I believe your POE is Chicago unless you're flying to another city first before connecting to Chicago.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2017
osemwengie1:
What POE advice Just travel like every other travelers and defend your travel purpose at POE. As for fun, Google out tourist attractions in Chicago and you would be fine. smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:50pm On Feb 22, 2017
omobee86:
hi every one, I am a silent reader here but I promised to come share my transit here after my interview. I had my interview to day and it was successful. glory to God. I got there on time, took in my environment and got comfortable. I was a bit nervous but I was armed with everything I learnt here.
no document was checked . and please make sure you upload your passport picture. all the people that did not were sent back. Florida is ganna be lit!
Congrats... Nice to see the human side of the V.O ...For Florida to lit you have to spend a lot of $$$$ grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aibisoye0: 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2017

FrontPageLawyer:
@Aibisoye0

As long as the visa has not expired or cancelled, you can always travel to the U.S regardless of the original purpose of travel. However, the visa does not guarantee you entry, but allows you travel to the port of entry and request permission to enter the United States. It is the sole responsibility of U.S. (CBP) officials to permit or deny admission and determine how long you may stay.

You can always contact GCI for the pick up of your fiancee's passport. Congratulations.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 22, 2017
omobee86:
I was told to go to window 1 to a very cute guy.
Below is my transcript
vo: good morning how you doing?
me: I am good, good morning. ( I flashed a cute smile)
Vo: where are you going in US
Me: florida.ill be visting tampa and orlando
VO: oohh.. whats happening there.
Me : vacation, its my annual leave in April so I plan to take time off to sight see
VO: what do you do for work?
Me: I work with an insurance company
VO: ohh.. so what kinda insurance do you sell.
ME: Motor insurance, Annuity, life insurance
VO: tell me about Annuity insurance
ME: ( I did not hear him very well so I repeated him)?
VO: yes please ( with that cute smile that makes me want to stop my interview and ask for his number )
Me: oh annuity is a type of insurance that yadahyah..
VO: fantastic! have you been.. oh I see you have been to Dubai?
Me yes last year
VO: are you married
Me: no.. not yet but later this year. ( I could have sworn his face fell like oh. and I was just gonna ask for your number if you were single maybe that was in my head sha)
VO: ok I have approved your visa.. pick it up where you put down as your collection center
me: thank You
VO: make sure you take care of your self and enjoy florida! and he winked! this time it was not in my head oo
thank God for everything. I have been following this thread for 2months now and I am glad. this thread is a Godsent.

Florida is HELLA expensive tho. Just go with a LOT of $$$! Congratulations tho!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DJphamz: 5:19pm On Feb 22, 2017
congratulations.
i will like to know what i can do about the picture upload, as i did not upload during my application.
I am yet to book appointment. Can you advise?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 7:01pm On Feb 22, 2017
okechukwu101:
Hi people. Can i reapply immediately after been denied visa? I am supposed to represent my organization for a conference for March.

Has anything changed about you? If not you'll be denied again till the cows come home.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 7:05pm On Feb 22, 2017
TWoods:

Has anything changed about you? If not you'll be denied again till the cows come home.
lol, Where are the cows coming home from? Grazing or USA.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by okechukwu101: 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2017
TWoods:

I was given enough time by the consular officer to give reasons why am travelling. She appeared to be in a hurry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by okechukwu101: 7:59pm On Feb 22, 2017
okechukwu101:

I was given enough time by the consular officer to give reasons why am travelling. She appeared to be in a hurry
I wasn't given time rather. I pitied myself today

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66