Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,475 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534358 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
TWoods:

A German does not need "favor" to travel to the US. That's because Germans do not routinely flout immigration rules. You need "favor" because no one can trust you to keep your word, tell the truth, or present only genuine documents at all times.

You stated why you get visas easily - you've been traveling since you were 11... you already ESTABLISHED a credible travel history that trumps your lack of a job. That does not apply to everyone else.

It is our business, as Nigerians and users of this forum, to promote honesty and legitimate use of visas. The repercussions of your dishonesty affects all other innocent legitimate visa applicants... to dismiss that with a frankly unnecessarily haughty tone is disturbing.

Asking him to get an invitation letter addressed to the US embassy is evidence you don't know what you're talking about either.

You lost me at dishonesty boy. So because someone asked if he can use a visiting visa to work that ultimately tags him as been dishonest. I thought this forum was all about advising and educating not bashing down someone because of his lack of knowledge. My interview was 2 weeks ago and YES a lady was asked for her Invitation letter from her supposed citizen brother! Just because you might have an archaic memory of things does not mean you should not educate yourself more. This forum was started to help people with questions, just because you feel you you have managed to secure 2 or 3 visas in your lifetime, does not mean you cannot politely correct or help a naive person. It's people like you on this forum, that bully people when they ask questions and they end up looking for advise elsewhere and messing themselves up in the end. Get over yourself.

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 7:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
MsTiitii:

You lost me at dishonesty boy. So because someone asked if he can use a visiting visa to work that ultimately tags him as been dishonest. I thought this forum was all about advising and educating not bashing down someone because of his lack of knowledge. My interview was 2 weeks ago and YES a lady was asked for her Invitation letter from her supposed citizen brother! Just because you might have an archaic memory of things does not mean you should not educate yourself more. This forum was started to help people with questions, just because you feel you you have managed to secure 2 or 3 visas in your lifetime, does not mean you cannot politely correct or help a naive person. It's people like you on this forum, that bully people when they ask questions and they end up looking for advise elsewhere and messing themselves up in the end. Get over yourself.

Not everyone is eligible for a US visa, that is just the hard cold fact. Pretending otherwise is not helpful.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2017
TWoods:

Not everyone is eligible for a US visa, that is just the hard cold fact. Pretending otherwise is not helpful.

This is true. 100% True. I am not doubting. you are right but sometimes saying it in a nice way can go a long way. You don't want someone feeling bullied and going to take advise from one Musa somewhere. And sorry if I was rude, I am naturally a happy person.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
MsTiitii:

This is true. 100% True. I am not doubting. you are right but sometimes saying it in a nice way can go a long way. You don't want someone feeling bullied and going to take advise from one Musa somewhere. And sorry if I was rude, I am naturally a happy person.

Not a problem. Apologies if I sounded rude too. It wasn't intended.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 7:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
mzjennypher:
hello house pls if u want to pay for sch fees or want pta pls buzz its more than available. i work with a financial institution you will get at official rate not black market rate

i sent a pm since.....pls respond
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
Your example would have been valid. but you have a prior history of travelling to the US even as a kid. If you can't stand people's opinions, you should not be on a forum where opinions are requested for, no one is a VO here. If you feel you know what's up go ahead and do what you want to do and leave the forum for those who need assistance. If its none of our business what you want to use the visa for, then do yourself a favour and don't ask for any assistance.

MsTiitii:

My dear, I am not working and I got my Visa. Everything depends on how you communicate. I might have been lucky because I have been traveling to the US since I was 11. But I was asked if I was working and I replied No. the VO then proceeded to type some stuff and gave me my white paper after a minute. EVERYTHING has to do with God's favor. And it's not your business what she intends to use the Visa for, if you are so bothered then you should take up a job with the CBP or National guard.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:50pm On Feb 23, 2017
Bro, 54,400 naira is not small money in this recession oh!

Classified60:
This TWOoD sef na wa for you oooo. You no get chill pill at all... You sound so arsh man.... See how you dey dash the guy hope like no man's business.. You never can tell he might get lucky and package himself well now... Haba now Omo you tooo dey worry ooo.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
Consular Officer go through these forums. And use these posts as training for their Visa Officers. They also use it to look out for visa applicants. Let us encourage honesty at all times, some posters are undercover agents. Better safe than sorry.

https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening/160#1792662.5125

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hmm some people here can make. some funny conclusion on someone's case as if they are the programmer of the truth and philosophy of life. Lots and lots of people i know who present genuine papers at the embassy and were denied galantly couple of times... Us dont give a damn on your documents.. They want you to express yourself verbally and see what you are made of. Their philosophy is " Tell a lie once and all the truth you have told will be questioned". They know we are master of forgers that is why they ask you to keep your document to yourself. If you can explain yourself and engage a vo in a very nice interview conversation, you are likely to get your visa. They know when you are lieing in your voice and eye contact so keep that document sh*t.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 23, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Your example would have been valid. but you have a prior history of travelling to the US even as a kid. If you can't stand people's opinions, you should not be on a forum where opinions are requested for, no one is a VO here. If you feel you know what's up go ahead and do what you want to do and leave the forum for those who need assistance. If its none of our business what you want to use the visa for, then do yourself a favour and don't ask for any assistance.

Errrrm? I wasn't the one that asked for advice or assistance. And it's been sorted between me and Twoods. As I now understand his argument. Just chill and not stir up anymore drama. God bless.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
Oya nu! Ejor travellers and visa holders! It haff do! Abi it haff done ?! grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 8:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
Classified60:
Hmm some people here can make. some funny conclusion on someone's case as if they are the programmer of the truth and philosophy of life. Lots and lots of people i know who present genuine papers at the embassy and were denied galantly couple of times... Us dont give a damn on your documents.. They want you to express yourself verbally and see what you are made of. Their philosophy is " Tell a lie once and all the truth you have told will be questioned". They know we are master of forgers that is why they ask you to keep your document to yourself. If you can explain yourself and engage a vo in a very nice interview conversation, you are likely to get your visa. They know when you are lieing in your voice and eye contact so keep that document sh*t.

That's the point! One person tells a lie once and the consular officers are unlikely to believe anyone else again. It's not fair that the innocent bear the consequences of the egregious sins of a few.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Consular Officer go through these forums. And use these posts as training for their Visa Officers. They also use it to look out for visa applicants. Let us encourage honesty at all times, some posters are undercover agents. Better safe than sorry.

https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening/160#1792662.5125

Sometimes, i wonder why some people ask some very incriminating questions here. That one just shot himself.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 8:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
KaptainAfrika:

Lol! Well I think he has now heard from the horse's mouth.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bogolobango(m): 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
@MsTiitii have managed to secure 2 or 3 visas in your lifetime, does not mean you cannot politely correct or help

Chaii juste passing by
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by efavour: 10:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
please how much is visit visa fee in naira now? i know it is $160 but dont know the rate they are exchanging with at Gtb.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
KaptainAfrika:

Thank you... Imagine defending that.. my own is that this thread must always uphold it integrity.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:10am On Feb 24, 2017
efavour:
please how much is visit visa fee in naira now? i know it is $160 but dont know the rate they are exchanging with at Gtb.
go and check it on www.ustraveldocs.com they've converted it to Naira.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by efavour: 12:20am On Feb 24, 2017
seyewest:
go and check it on www.ustraveldocs.com they've converted it to Naira.
okay, thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 12:59am On Feb 24, 2017
seyewest:
Thank you... Imagine defending that.. my own is that this thread must always uphold it integrity.

Lol integrity ke? The vast majority here can't be bothered with the truth. We live in this false paradox where we expect people to understand that "survival" must needs involve dishonesty, in the name of god and "favor".
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lucas101: 1:58am On Feb 24, 2017
Got my $$ @firstbankngr. They just made copies of my passport data page...Visa...my Lagos state tax clearance card......my BVN card.....and my flight ticket. Told me to deposit the Naira in my account I left and this Was on Monday. Then on Wednesday I was called to pick my $$ cash....@N315. Cool stuff.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by indianeagle(m): 6:43am On Feb 24, 2017
The USA happens to top all the charts when it comes to attracting tourists across the globe, for its cultural diversity and scenic beauty. If you are planning to visit the USA on a temporary basis, then B1/B2 are the VISAS which you should be applying for. B1 VISA would allow you to visit the USA for business trips, to attend educational seminars, to attend business or professional conference, and to attend negotiating deals, whereas on the other hand B2 VISAS are meant for people who want to visit the USA for spending their holidays or who want to visit their relatives living in the US. To enhance your visit VISA success rate, ensure you go through the guidelines when applying for the same. Once you have a clear picture of do’s and dont’s, you can apply for your VISA under the category of common non-immigrant visas. You can submit your VISA form through Nonimmigrant Visa electronic application (DS-160), and make sure that all the information are provided on this page are accurate. This increases the chances of getting your VISA within a shorter span of time, to know more on visa fee or the mode of payment of visa fee, one can log on to the official page of visa application.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mailtotee: 6:52am On Feb 24, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 24, 2017
KaptainAfrika:

That's not true, I am a VO.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Blizzle(m): 7:35am On Feb 24, 2017
Mel403:
Good morning beautiful people, honestly I've been reading a lot of the posts here and they are quite enlightening. Great job . please I have some questions directed to the general house. Anyone with similar experience should let me know.
1) will it be possible to get my visa approved as my passport bears my maiden name, marital status single and my son(1yr 7months) has a passport that bears his fathers surname. I'm a 5th year medical student and intend to take my son for medical treatment.
We have done our traditional wedding and the white will b coming up in December invitation cards are already out. I had my son when I was in my 4th year in sch.
2) what documents do I need to go withand which ones can i use to show strong ties here in nigeria.
3) what are the likely questions I could be asked.

1. Your passport being in your maiden name isnt an issue as the US consulate respects common-law marriages like your traditional marriage. Being a 5th year medical student is a tie but u may wish to get a letter of introduction from your school/college. Pls note that documents are hardly checked tho.

If your intention of getting the visa is for medical tourism for your son, you have to provide evidence that you have contacted a hospital and doctor that is willing to treat him. Evidences like email correspondence and a letter from the hospital/doctor including estimated financial implication.

That brings us to proof of funds. You must show that you will be able to offset the cost of treatment.

2. From the above you should be able to deduce the required documents.

3. Read people's transcript, few pages back to know likely questions.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:57am On Feb 24, 2017
My apologies. I was talking in context of those who give their personal opinions, from experience and outside the formal response given by the VO's in this forum.

LagosNIV:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 24, 2017
LagosNIV:

grin LOOOOOOOOOOL

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:31am On Feb 24, 2017
MsTiitii:

grin LOOOOOOOOOOL
you're not nice grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 8:38am On Feb 24, 2017
MsTiitii:

1) Yes you need an Invitation letter addressed to the embassy, typed by your Uncle.
2) you need to answer truthfully, because if you lie that you are employed, they might ask for a reference letter from your company or your bank statement. And if you don't have funds like that, ask your uncle to address a letter to the embassy stating that he would fund your trip and movements.
granted 2 years. My first US visa was 2years and it was a B1/B2,and I was 11,so the B1 visa part wasn't necessary. Everything has to do with Favor. And if they don't trust you, they can give you a 6months single entry visa. which means that you can only enter the US ONCE, for that six month period. Once you leave the US, your visa becomes invalid.
questions asked.

how long have you been in this thread ?. everybody here know that invitation letter and statement of account, company letter, are not needed...
you travel at the age of 11, which during the interview, the VO don't ask you any question.. as long as that time you don't abuse the visa, by overstaying or so, you still have the grace of your parents on that visa, not your as long as you keep the rule,..
you are abusing this thread by encourage him to go head with his traveling plan, your best advice will be telling him to look for job and build up his tie... no VO will give visa to unemploye person no matter the prayer,..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:49am On Feb 24, 2017
LagosNIV:

Just a quick one here sir. Between the B1, B2, and B1/B2 visas, which do you grant to MINORS if I may ask? Is any one a no-no? If so for any reason, why please? Thanks, and warm regards!

CC: @LadyG
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 9:20am On Feb 24, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Just a quick one here sir. Between the B1, B2, and B1/B2 visas, which do you grant to MINORS if I may ask? Is any one a no-no? If so for any reason, why please? Thanks, and warm regards!

CC: @LadyG
B1/B2, i think is generally granted from most embassies. On arrival at the border(POE), a CBP officer determines which based on the brief interview. Then a B1 or B2 will be wriiten on the inside of the passport and stamped with duration of stay granted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.