Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 (51599 Views)

Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi / Precious Chikwendu Denies Her Account Was Used To Launder Money / President Buhari And The "Promise" Of Making $1 Equal To N1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 11, 2015
uboma:
From the late 70s up to the early 80s were Nigerian's golden years.

There were no hassles securing visas to other countries. We even had the Brits and other foreigners flocking into Nigeria to secure employments in our universities.

As a citizen of the country, upon graduation from the university, a brand new car + accomodation + employment was provided by the govt.

We were the envy of other countries. But the tables has turned around and NGN 1 equals to USD220 now. There's no employment for graduates now. the list is endless and no need recounting them (to avoid emotional breakdown).

Just recently, I was shocked to hear that the govt of Ghana still provides a car and accomodation to graduates of medicine and nursing. About 2 months back, I sent NGN100,000.00 to Ghana and after the transfer via Access Bank, I discovered that the equivalent in Ghana Cedis was just one thousand and a few hundreds to my NGN100,000.00.

Our leaders have sucked Nigeria dry. Will Nigeria attain her golden era again remains to be seen.

Hmmmmmmmm!
switch to the Kingdom of God grin

I'm serious oh! Every nations economy will surely go down.
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by EreluY(f): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2015
[size=18pt]ICHABOD[/size]
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 11, 2015
Arabic write-ups on the zoo currency
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by AzontoGhost(m): 11:41am On Oct 11, 2015
noeloge82:

U are not been truthful or maybe u don't know how to calculate d exchange rate ghana money has been devalued and if u want to be sure Nigeria exchange rate to dollar is about 220 while ghana is about 470 now when ur given 1 ghana cidii add d 3 devalued zero to know d exact value u see 1 cedii is actually 1000
Where u buy joy soap 1cedii 20peswe that 1200 confirm and besure or google it and stop confusing urself
my guy you are totally ignorant of the Ghana cedis...Go and do your research well.. Polluting people is a bad habit!
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by AzontoGhost(m): 11:49am On Oct 11, 2015
fart:
Those where the good old days. What a shame. It is unfortunate that Nigeria has become an irreparable sh.it hole
say it again bro... Nigeria is a step away to become your moniker tongue

Have a wonderful Sunday bro smiley
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by Kennedyiheme: 11:51am On Oct 11, 2015
I'm wondering the golden years you guys aare talking about. Fela started singing since the laate 60s. He said "if there's anything good at all to sing about I will, but there's nothing good to sing about" so when did this golden years happen?
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by Mbediogu(m): 11:57am On Oct 11, 2015
[quote author=laudate post=38872324]

Bros', I hail oh! Why didn't you invite me to your 40th birthday? cheesy

You will be invited during the 50th celebration. My only worry is dat you the youths are being denied thro bad leadership and cleptomaniac tendency of our new leaders.

1 Like

Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by uboma(m): 12:16pm On Oct 11, 2015
Kingbilo:

Hahaha. Guy you've got it wrong..

Back in 2006 or so, Ghana did something called redenomination. I was just entering school there back then. Just prior to redenomination, $1 was equal to 10000 cedis and N1 was about 70 cedis.. After redenomination they made $1 equal to 1 cedis. Since then inflation has constantly eaten away at cedis value. Now $1 is 3.76 cedis.. It almost quartered in less than 10 years bro..

In reality if there were no redenomination,
$1= ~36700 cedis
N1=~165 cedis.

Nigerian economy is far better than Ghana which has a smaller and much more unstable economy.. And contrary to what most ppl think it is also a very corrupt nation..

In what ways is Nigeria's economy far better than that of Ghana? Does your govt still provide automatic employment to doctors+accomodation and car? Have you visited Ghana recently?

Around 2005, I remember going with my friends from Ghana to the Bureau de change here in Nigeria to change some Cedis to NGN. As at then, 1000 Cedis exchanged for only NGN60. Today the economy of Ghana has improved a bit. At Ghana, electricity is very stable than in Nigeria. And electricity is one of the major components needed for businesses to thrive. I can go on and on...

I'll have to look for the transaction receipt, scan it and upload it here for you all doubting Thomas to see the exchange rate.
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by drnairalov: 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2015
sharaap things ve gotten expensive in all countries its not just nigeria...read ur economics
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by uboma(m): 12:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
SmartMugu:

Valid point!
I kinda disagree with the Ghanaian Cedis piece though. Ghanaian currency became entirely worthless towards sometime in the 2000's. Your N100,000 would have been worth billions of Cedis back then. Moving it around would have required carrying huge bags. Buying a common item like bread would require you carrying huge wads of cash, which ud agree is totally uncomfortable. More like what is happening to Zimbabwean dollar at the moment.

Ghana replaced the old Cedis with new cedis in 2007. 10,000 old Cedis became 1 new cedis. Now it's easy to move money around.

At the moment, the new Ghanaian Cedis exchanges for way less than $1, which in the real sense is weird for a thriving african country like ghana.

I think how to measure the real value of the money you sent to Ghana is to see how hard folks have to work to make that much when your currency was converted. I know for sure a worker that was being paid millions of the old Cedis when the currency was greatly devalued struggles to make a thousand cedis with the reset that brought about the new cedis.

I agree that folks in Ghana will have to work hard to earn a thousand and above Cedis.

I only stated the exchange rate in Ghana Cedis to the NGN100,000.00 I transferred via Access Bank about 2 months ago.

I can attach proof of the transaction details if need be.

But the truth is that the economy of Ghana is improving rapidly.
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by uboma(m): 12:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
Bollinger:

Really? Fela's songs were released from the late 60's. And listening to it now, you would think he was still alive and the songs were released yesterday. Nigeria never had golden years. The rot in the country today has been going on since independence.

Hahaha!

I feel you bro.
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by uboma(m): 12:29pm On Oct 11, 2015
noeloge82:

U are not been truthful or maybe u don't know how to calculate d exchange rate ghana money has been devalued and if u want to be sure Nigeria exchange rate to dollar is about 220 while ghana is about 470 now when ur given 1 ghana cidii add d 3 devalued zero to know d exact value u see 1 cedii is actually 1000
Where u buy joy soap 1cedii 20peswe that 1200 confirm and besure or google it and stop confusing urself

It is you that is obviously confused.

I am too big to come online and lie about what is not. I will attach the transaction details for you and others in your shoes to see.

1 Like

Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by uboma(m): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
shadowgwalker:
switch to the Kingdom of God grin
I'm serious oh! Every nations economy will surely go down.

Hahaha.
I don't believe in religion bro.
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by Korrection(m): 12:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
kuli kuli things and garri for pocket while going to primary school with a torn blue khaki and dead white shirts on fridays....Naija sha...
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by laudate: 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
Bollinger:
Lol.. .if you consider a person talking about a retirement fund "flaunting", then i really pity you. Retirement is a normal topic as normal as breathing. Who lives today without a retirement plan? I sometimes forget who i'm talking to. I forget i'm talking to people who think driving a car is a big deal, having a retirement plan is "flaunting", Owning or paying mortgage is crazy or impossible and getting a job as soon as you graduate a miracle. To me, it's not "showing off", it's "normal". There are no big boys here because everyone has the same thing. I spent a better part of my life in Nigeria and i realized that the bane of Nigeria is not corruption but it's mentality. It's just too phucked up for any change to happen as evidenced from the above post.

I do not consider having a retirement fund as "flaunting" anything, but the way you alluded to it to denigrate Nigeria and trample upon everything connected to it, is what I refer to as "flaunting.". undecided

The pension fund system has been reformed and is even presently undergoing further reforms in Nigeria, as we speak. I have a pension plan, too. So what is the big deal? In your myopic warped view, the lack of a functional pension system, is what qualifies you to pour scorn on Nigeria. I truly pity you. You alluded to driving a car, as a miracle. Nobody has said that here, but I guess in your own small mind....it is truly a miracle, which is why you made reference to it. sad

Finally you said that; "Owning or paying mortgage is crazy or impossible and getting a job as soon as you graduate a miracle.". Even though that has been the reality in the past couple of years, but it was not always so. In the past, it was not a miracle. Obviously, you do not have elders that graduated from Nigerian universities in the 60s to late 70s. During that time, employers chased fresh graduates from universities with jobs and getting a car loan was almost automatic. undecided

My older relatives and elderly friends who are accomplished professionals working in different parts of the world as well as within the country, showed me evidence of the good life they had in that era, which is why till date a lot of them remain grateful to Nigeria for the good start they had in life.
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by uboma(m): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
noeloge82:

Its obviously you who is confused.

I am big to lie about what is not.

I will attach the transaction details later so you can see if I lied about the exchange rate.
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by laudate: 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2015
uboma:
It is you that is obviously confused.

I am too big to come online and lie about what is not. I will attach the transaction details for you and others in your shoes to see.

You do not need to. The rest of us understand what you are saying, and we believe you. Let the untutored, ignorant ones continue to spew their clueless views online.
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by Ayatullah(m): 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
Ufranklin92:
smh

YOU ARE A SCUM!

If that is all you have to contribute to Nigeria glorious past, then you are a real scum of the earth!
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by laudate: 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
I'm wondering the golden years you guys aare talking about. Fela started singing since the laate 60s. He said "if there's anything good at all to sing about I will, but there's nothing good to sing about" so when did this golden years happen?

Ask your elders...those over the age of 50 years, who graduated from Nigeria universities in the sixties till the late seventies. And stop taking Fela's songs as the only gospel or yardstick, that chronicles the truth about the entire Nigerian condition from independence till date. Free your mind! shocked sad
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by sniper77(m): 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2015
uboma:

There were no hassles securing visas to other countries. We even had the Brits and other foreigners flocking into Nigeria to secure employments in our universities.

As a citizen of the country, upon graduation from the university, a brand new car + accomodation + employment was provided by the govt.

We were the envy of other countries. But the tables has turned around and NGN 1 equals to USD220 now. There's no employment for graduates now. the list is endless and no need recounting them (to avoid emotional breakdown).

Just recently, I was shocked to hear that the govt of Ghana still provides a car and accomodation to graduates of medicine and nursing. About 2 months back, I sent NGN100,000.00 to Ghana and after the transfer via Access Bank, I discovered that the equivalent in Ghana Cedis was just one thousand and a few hundreds to my NGN100,000.00.

Our leaders have sucked Nigeria dry. Will Nigeria attain her golden era again remains to be seen.

Hmmmmmmmm!

Bro a thousand cedis and a few hundreds is actually ok based on current exchange rates. The fact is you gained .if you did the transfer about 5years ago that would have yielded about nine hundred cedis which is a loss based on the amount you transferred.

Our leaders don't seem to do much to improve the economy of the african nations.I really don't understand if west African presidents use the same template to manage the economy of their countries.

Few years back the cedis was quite strong and for every N1,000 you exchange you get about 9cedis 70pesewas.That means you loose about 30Naira on every N1,000 you exchange for cedis.gradually from 2011 it became N1,000 to 10cedis,later it moved upward to 11cedis and now its between 13-15cedis for every N1000.
So relatively one thousand cedis is much and ain't one thousand naira cos few zeros were removed from the cedis during redenomination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by Bollinger(m): 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2015
laudate:

I do not consider having a retirement fund as "flaunting" anything, but the way you alluded to it to denigrate Nigeria and trample upon everything connected to it, is what I refer to as "flaunting.". undecided

The pension fund system has been reformed and is even presently undergoing further reforms in Nigeria, as we speak. I have a pension plan, too. So what is the big deal? In your myopic warped view, the lack of a functional pension system, is what qualifies you to pour scorn on Nigeria. I truly pity you. You alluded to driving a car, as a miracle. Nobody has said that here, but I guess in your own small mind....it is truly a miracle, which is why you made reference to it. sad

Finally you said that; "Owning or paying mortgage is crazy or impossible and getting a job as soon as you graduate a miracle.". In the past, it was not a miracle. Obviously, you do not have elders that graduated from Nigerian universities in the 60s to late 70s. During that time, employers chased fresh graduates from universities with jobs and getting a car loan was almost automatic. undecided

My older relatives and elderly friends who are accomplished professionals working in different parts of the world as well as within the country, showed me evidence of the good life they had in that era, which is why till date a lot of them remain grateful to Nigeria for the good start they had in life.

Then why were you so sensitive to my example of it? if anything you should be thanking me for teaching you something you never any idea off. Let me guess you are going to come back and say you knew. Right? Lol. . . .
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by AreaFada2: 1:08pm On Oct 11, 2015
uboma:

[b]Just recently, I was shocked to hear that the govt of Ghana still provides a car and accomodation to graduates of medicine and nursing. About 2 months back, I sent NGN100,000.00 to Ghana and after the transfer via Access Bank, I discovered that the equivalent in Ghana Cedis was just one thousand and a few hundreds to my NGN100,000.00.

[/b]Our leaders have sucked Nigeria dry. Will Nigeria attain her golden era again remains to be seen.

Hmmmmmmmm!
As for the value of New Ghana Cedis, it's no biggie. Ghana dropped three zeros from their currency about a decade ago. C10,000 became C10. Soludo wanted to do same in Nigeria but Yar'Adua opposed it. Ghanian economy didn't suddenly grow at astronomical rate.

Many of my Ghanian friends still calculate using the old cedis in hundreds of thousands.
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by laudate: 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
Bollinger:
Then why were you so sensitive to my example of it? if anything you should be thanking me for teaching you something you never any idea off. Let me guess you are going to come back and say you knew. Right? Lol. . . .

If you expect me to swallow your myopic hatred of Nigeria as part of the lessons you are teaching, then sorry... I will gladly pass on that one. I have read your rants and there is nothing worthy of 'teaching' in any part of it, or any cogent objective facts in it, that can be taught. Your insults how how shallow your mind has become.

Last word: Am not sensitive to anything, I just hate it when misguided rhetoric, hate-mongering, childish rants and myopic views are peddled as truth, like you have done.
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by ozoro: 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2015
uboma:

Hmmmmmmmm!

Rubbish!!! People, including Nigerians always look back and think things were better. 1970's was the WORST time for Nigeria. China, Dubai, Malaysia were busy developing booming private sector economic growth. Even Uk under Thatcher from the same 1979, grew out of her economic dolrums of the government economic policies of the 1970's to a booming private sector economy Including many succesful privatisation.

1979 Nigeria had less than 12 universities!!!
Most youth could NOT go to university.
1979 Most graduat es were employed as under-employed civil servants on level 08. (unless you lived in Lagos) - pen-pushers in ministry of Bleep
1979 MOST towns and villages were NOT on the National Grid.
1979 we didn't need Visa to tavel to most countries, BUT how many Nigerians could take advantage of this?
1979, only one teacher in my junior sister primary school could afford a volkswagen beetle.

1979 government ran and owned many busineses which rather than make profit and pay tax, instead survived on government subventions; Federal Palace Hotel, Nigeria Airways, NICON, NITEL, Nigeria Shipping Line, Daily Times and thousands of other state and federal government parastals - waste of money!!!

These wasteful policies encouraged corruption and discouraged private sector development.
This period led to our over-dependence on oil.

I AM NOT SAYING NIGEERIA IS BETTER NOW, BUT ASK THE VILLAGE FARMER IN 1979 WHETHER LIFE IS GOOD, YOU WILL GET THE SAME AS 2015- LIFE IS TOUGH!!!

2 Likes

Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by Bollinger(m): 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2015
laudate:

If you expect me to swallow your myopic hatred of Nigeria as part of the lessons you are teaching, then sorry... I will gladly pass on that one. I have read your rants and there is nothing worthy of 'teaching' in any part of it, or any cogent objective facts in it, that can be taught. Your insults how how shallow your mind has become.

Last word: Am not sensitive to anything, I just hate it when misguided rhetoric, hate-mongering, childish rants and myopic views are peddled as truth, like you have done.

You sure you are Nigerian? So, speaking the truth is hate mongering. Right. Got it. This is another bane of Nigerians; living in denial. Admit that the foundations the country was built on was and is flawed, change the way you'all think, and finally chart a realistic course for change in the future. Living in denial is counter productive. All it does is hold you back. Reminiscing for a time that never existed is sad to say the least. I somehow feel sorry for you. Damn, what a pity.
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by DMerciful(m): 1:21pm On Oct 11, 2015
A bad system was adopted in 1966 when the regions were unified to a unitary system and that has been our undoing. Our sweet crude back then that could easily be refined is no longer an advantage. We abandoned all our cash and food crops and started sulking Niger Delta oil dry all in the name of a fraudulent one Nigeria and here we are wallowing in iniquity. There is no future for Nigeria unless we restructure or split undecided
uboma:

Hmmmmmmmm!
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by shipnclear: 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
ki olohun da igba ire pada si nigeria

We clear yours goods/cars at the air and seaports
also we are distributors and marketers of refined petroleum product such as diesel(AGO),petrol(PMS)kerosene(DPK)Transformer oil,authomatic transmission fluid(ATF) and various greases.
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by DMerciful(m): 1:27pm On Oct 11, 2015
So you exempt the Dullard that ruined democracy in 1983 that led to colossal military governments and plunged Nigeria into the woods....yeye dey smell undecided
bulldoza:

Blame it on old foóls and thieves like

IBB
OBASANJO
OGUIYI
GOWON
OJUKWU
JONADÁFT
DIEZANI
NGOZI IWEALA
FFK
TAFA BALAGUN
Alamieyeseigha (This one even don die sef)
E. T. C

INOPERABLE CANCER KILL ALL OF UNA angry
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by uboma(m): 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
AreaFada2:

As for the value of New Ghana Cedis, it's no biggie. Ghana dropped three zeros from their currency about a decade ago. C10,000 became C10. Soludo wanted to do same in Nigeria but Yar'Adua opposed it. Ghanian economy didn't suddenly grow at astronomical rate.

Many of my Ghanian friends still calculate using the old cedis in hundreds of thousands.

I never said that their economy grew at astronomical rate. Read through my earlier posts once again. The truth is their economy is improving and no one can deny this fact.

One more thing I need you to please do for me, kindly confirm from your friends who are from Ghana if their govt provides automatic employment for doctors, nurses and pharmacists or not.

Their educational system is by far better than ours. Go to the north and see teachers using the Hausa language to teach pupils in schools. Some teachers all over the country can not even construct correct sentences. Then what do we expect them to teach the children? Visit Ghana, even the little child hawking plantain on the street speaks good English.

I was in Kenya recently and throughout the stay, I never saw one generator working. Electricity is stable. Their economy for now relies mainly on the export of exotic flowers to Europe and tourism. And the currency is higher than ours.

Accept it or not, Nigeria still has a very long way to go. We are only answering the giant of Africa for nothing. Let's hope that this govt and subsequent ones to come will put in policies to curb corruption and revive the agricultural sector which is a gold mine waiting to be explored. Let's call a spade what it truly is.
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by DMerciful(m): 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
God bless you. Nigeria was founded on a seriously faulty foundation and unless we restructure to correct that there will be no progress. Nigerians keep deceiving themselves that a govt will come and their problem will disappear when they are not addressing the root cause. undecided
Bollinger:

You sure you are Nigerian? So, speaking the truth is hate mongering. Right. Got it. This is another bane of Nigerians; living in denial. Admit that the foundations the country was built on was and is flawed, change the way you'all think, and finally chart a realistic course for change in the future. Living in denial is counter productive. All it does is hold you back. Reminiscing for a time that never existed is sad to say the least. I somehow feel sorry for you. Damn, what a pity.
Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by DMerciful(m): 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
Spot on. We have been living in fools paradise since independence!
ozoro:

Rubbish!!! People, including Nigerians always look back and think things were better. 1970's was the WORST time for Nigeria. China, Dubai, Malaysia were busy developing booming private sector economic growth. Even Uk under Thatcher from the same 1979, grew out of her economic dolrums of the government economic policies of the 1970's to a booming private sector economy Including many succesful privatisation.

1979 Nigeria had less than 12 universities!!!
Most youth could NOT go to university.
1979 Most graduat es were employed as under-employed civil servants on level 08. (unless you lived in Lagos) - pen-pushers in ministry of Bleep
1979 MOST towns and villages were NOT on the National Grid.
1979 we didn't need Visa to tavel to most countries, BUT how many Nigerians could take advantage of this?
1979, only one teacher in my junior sister primary school could afford a volkswagen beetle.

1979 government ran and owned many busineses which rather than make profit and pay tax, instead survived on government subventions; Federal Palace Hotel, Nigeria Airways, NICON, NITEL, Nigeria Shipping Line, Daily Times and thousands of other state and federal government parastals - waste of money!!!

These wasteful policies encouraged corruption and discouraged private sector development.
This period led to our over-dependence on oil.

I AM NOT SAYING NIGEERIA IS BETTER NOW, BUT ASK THE VILLAGE FARMER IN 1979 WHETHER LIFE IS GOOD, YOU WILL GET THE SAME AS 2015- LIFE IS TOUGH!!!

1 Like

Re: See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 by Fraih(f): 1:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
... ... ... Days when our naira had value....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Douye Diri Visits Goodluck Jonathan / Jonathan Meets Buhari Immediately After National Security Council Meeting / Bomb Explosion Rocks Enugu Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.