Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable (34345 Views)

Man Forced Into An Arranged Marriage At 24 Shares How He Ends The Marriage / Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife / Father Caught Daughter With Her Boyfriend In Ebonyi Having Sex (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by viktor01(m): 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ibo and their culture. Am sure that man would be made to pay through his anus, In his next life, he will take to his heels on hearing the name Ebonyi.
Chai...! this is what the English man calls "hot-okro soup".
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by jackmartial(m): 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
wonders they say shall neva end.....na wa ooo shocked
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by jendhorlee(m): 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
i tell u....diz is the work of APC sad
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by neocortex: 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
Gabaleve:
Y r pple so barbaric

Why are you so childish ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Lincoln275(m): 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
DikeOha882:
Sharap there, its an Igbo tradition and we do it inmy own part of Igbo land

E yah! Sorry oooo, I no know , I will not near all d ibo girls anymore
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by sydraay: 12:47pm On Oct 12, 2015
RemyMartins:

You would have just passed the thread or even input a Smiley instead of this poo!!! I am a Firstly a Nigerian from the South South Area (Niger Delta) full blooded.

Though i'm not a traditionalist but correct me if I am wrong "the woman cohabited with the man before her death" all her people want is for her brideprice to be paid so she can be given a befitting burial.

Our tradition is who we are. Forget the shiiii we are borrowing from the west.

Crucify me if you wish. IT IS FINISHED

YOU GET SENSE... @sweetorgasms see d name u decide 2 bear on NL, so dat u can say rubbish.. Geerrarahia shitass
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by crackhaus: 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2015
All the best to him...
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by OkehBoraxe(m): 12:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
[b][/b]
sweetorgasms:
situations and tribes like this makes me think that if NIGERIA should break up from all this biafrans, it will be to the benefit of NIGERIA, bcaus the kind traditional bullshiits that they practice are given NIGERIA BAD NAMES. "PROUDLY NIGER DELTAN.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by sydraay: 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
agarawu23:
shocked
Marriage of the dead. Watch out for the movie soon
Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by yomi007k(m): 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
Make the guy go court joo. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by eaglechild: 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
What has the picture to do with the story, must their be a picture?

You could have as well gone to Madagascar to get a picture.
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
I think this is a fair stuff...

The man cohabited with their daughter which resulted having a child for the man(husband)

In the story the man was called the husband may be they did all the marriage rites except the traditional rites...

Now the wife of the man died in the scheme of things...
Since traditionally u will conduct burial ceremony i think all so you should be ready to count your teeth this time. Go get some money, pay for her bride price and go bury your wife...

Is simply a fair game...
For me without even the tradition, I don't Think I will be happy with the man/husband...
He should do the needful and claim his child.

Where is the honour for her and her people?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 12, 2015
A man from a near by community came to marry our sis and after the first introduction they went back to benin where they stay, we didn't know that our sis was pregnant, so she gave birth and 11 days later she died, they brought the corpe to her husbands place, when we got there, before the burial #5000 was paid as the pride price which was not done when they came for intro and when I asked the elders they told me the repercussion (oga awa afo)
Its our tradition and nothing can change it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 12, 2015
onyepapa:
foool
hey . . . chill down, dude.
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by MrLaw101(m): 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
diz is repugnant to natural justice equity n good conscios it should there4 be abolish.
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by sparkleRed(f): 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
Pple sayn some tradition tho una dey craze, im no knw say im suppose pay for d woman before im put am house come give am belle, same pple will still crucify baby mamas

lol wen I knw some gals dat cohabited in sch for four to six years hmm infact those bois should goan pay bride price ah

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
What is this one saying?
Lincoln275:

E yah! Sorry oooo, I no know , I will not near all d ibo girls anymore
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by viktor01(m): 12:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
[quote author=jendhorlee post=38908338]i tell u....diz is the work of APC[/quote]

I tell you. why is APC so heartless?
Buhariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by shipnclear: 12:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
Oga oo
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by mathskill: 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
midehi2:
when bride price is like 'whooping' how will a common man marry.....mtcheeeeeew tradition

If the bride price is like "whoooing" in igbo land, how have the conductors, welder, bus drivers, carpenter's been marrying

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Luckygurl(f): 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
I know of a scenario where the family of the man after his death paid the bride price of the lady he's been cohabiting with.
Their failure to do so meant the kids they had while the man was alive belonged to the ladies family....

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
Luckygurl:
I know of a scenario where the family of the man after his death paid the bride price of the lady he's been cohabiting with.
Their failure to do so meant the kids they had while the man was alive belonged to the ladies family....

Your head dey there...
That's just it.
Logically the man is the one being favoured.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by mickeymimi: 1:06pm On Oct 12, 2015
They have been living together for 3 years. They have a child together..the family want him to fulfil his promise to them...

why keep someone's daughter for 3 yrs without marrying her. ..let him go and pay her bride price.....they want their daughter married before her burial.
They are not going to carry her corpse to the registry , all they are asking for is the bride price to honour her with marriage.

If it's their tradition, he should do the right thing.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 12, 2015
exlink10:
By Ogochukwu Anioke

The family of a deceased woman has suspended her burial rites until her ‘husband’ who she was cohabiting with performs her wedding rites. The woman Chinyere Mbam was been bitten to death by a snake while returning from the wake-keep of her friend, Oge Ogashi who passed on.

She was taken to a traditional healing home in the area for treatment and thereafter back to the husband’s home where she gave up the ghost when she could not respond to the treatment.

Her uncle, Ishiali Ikwe confirmed her death.

But the deceased’s family have mandated his ‘husband’ Stephen Mbam of Enyi Igwe village Ezzainyimagu community in Izzi local government area of Ebonyi State, to carry out her traditional marriage rites before she is buried. It was gathered that the woman had been co-habiting with Stephen for three years and their relationship produced a child even though he did not fulfill her marriage rites.

According to the Uncle, the family has put the burial on hold until Mbam performs traditional marriage on the deceased. He further said that Mbam’s family, in line with the tradition of the land, have scheduled a date for payment of the bride price to be preceded by the wedding.

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/10/nigerian-man-forced-to-marry-dead-wife.html#sthash.LFVUbRQE.dpuf

For the record, lemme educate some fooools whose mind have started going to several stupidd places because of this thread.

The woman's family as a matter of tradition still owns the woman and her child and the woman will be buried in her fathers compound (because the man did not pay bride price) so the man is now begging to keep the child and also to get the woman back to his own fathers house to bury her there.

The woman's family Wil not halt proceedings of burying her when the guy agrees to do her full marriage rites in death........If he does so, He can now take the child as his own n also get the woman buried in his place.

Finally, it costs av average of 200k to complete a woman's marriage rites in igbo land.....
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by kpaofame: 1:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
Dont know why people act naive and say thrash online....

It is culture that is what they believe... the 'Union' of the man n the deceased have yielded a child. It is necessary for the 'bride price' to be paid else that child will be lost forever without link to the maternal side.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by erico2k2(m): 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2015
lekjons:
Which one is Niger-Delta which is Biafra i been think say all of them na igbo.. nawa oo

if Nigeria is to break, Her pieces will be over 100+

Back to the topic..

Nigeria and her nonsense traditions.. SMH!!
if you check where you are from you will be suprised its same thing,A woman's bride prize is meant to be paid B4 she moves into a man's house.and have kids.where this is not paid and she dies, its only right the man performs the traditional rights.This is true for most tribes in Nigeria.Try and research it.
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Ryda(m): 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
O.P Change d headline of dis topic jor...they wnt him to pay d bride price simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. / Should I Marry This Man? / I Have Phobia For Pregnant Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.