Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,698 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable (34311 Views)

Man Forced Into An Arranged Marriage At 24 Shares How He Ends The Marriage / Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife / Father Caught Daughter With Her Boyfriend In Ebonyi Having Sex (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Georgry(m): 3:11pm On Oct 12, 2015
jendhorlee:
i tell u....diz is the work of APC
....bro u need to get a life bcx u are currently living a lifeless life...Bleep off
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by mathskill: 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2015
chuna1985:

For the record, lemme educate some fooools whose mind have started going to several stupidd places because of this thread.

The woman's family as a matter of tradition still owns the woman and her child and the woman will be buried in her fathers compound (because the man did not pay bride price) so the man is now begging to keep the child and also to get the woman back to his own fathers house to bury her there.

The woman's family Wil not halt proceedings of burying her when the guy agrees to do her full marriage rites in death........If he does so, He can now take the child as his own n also get the woman buried in his place.

Finally, it costs av average of 200k to complete a woman's marriage rites in igbo land.....

Does that remove the fact it is weird? Marriage rites after death,for goodness sake.
Everyone in that community was comfortable the couple lived together without marriage and bore a child outside wedlock but are shouting their heads off about
Marriage after a woman dies.

I beg that as weird a culture can be
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by MrLeno(m): 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
[quote author=RemyMartins post=38887739]

You would have just passed the thread or even input a Smiley instead of this poo!!! I am a Firstly a Nigerian from the South South Area (Niger Delta) full blooded.

Though i'm not a traditionalist but correct me if I am wrong "the woman cohabited with the man before her death" all her people want is for her brideprice to be paid so she can be given a befitting burial.

Our tradition is who we are. Forget the shiiii we are borrowing from the west.

Crucify me if you wish. IT IS FINISHED

Someone please give this man a GOLD MEDAL!!!
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
And some Biafrans will come and say it is only the Yorubas that practice occultism undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by sirpdep(m): 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
Will she give birth,if the man marry her
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Bonapart(m): 3:52pm On Oct 12, 2015
sigiyaya:
You are really stupid. Church don enter you head abi fool
you need Christ also

Find him now while there's still time
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Ucbiu(m): 3:59pm On Oct 12, 2015
ANIMALS IN THE FIRST ORDER, cheesy cool cool tongue
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by mrgbite(m): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
primitive culture from a clearly primitive tribe. I hope they don't force him to drink water used to wash the body as they usually do...apes
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by sylve11: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2015
shey be them sey ibo no dey cohabitate, sey na only other tribes dey do? cool
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by sigiyaya(m): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
Bonapart:
you need Christ also

Find him now while there's still time
How do i fine him? Help..
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Bonapart(m): 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2015
sigiyaya:
How do i fine him? Help..
i recommend the bible for you
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by ogastone(m): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2015
all theses comments amazes me. So you guys are planning to or are living with ladies that you did not marry. even producing children in those illegal marriage ! I think this is a lesson for you to go and pay her Bride price while she still live. if eventually this (death) happen to her, I see any tribe making a case out of this kind of situation. cause in Nigeria here, you are supposed to marry her properly before living with her and making babies. All the tribes in Nigeria is the same in this.
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by tevinsolt: 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
Luckygurl:
I know of a scenario where the family of the man after his death paid the bride price of the lady he's been cohabiting with.
Their failure to do so meant the kids they had while the man was alive belonged to the ladies family....

dumb traditions everywhere. regardless the child is not owned by one but both of the parents......the child is a result of the 50/50 fusion of each party's gamete. that is the scientific fact. Culture was defined by people, it is stupid to let traditions decided by ancient men to control one's approach to life in this age where so much information is available to us to make wise and well informed judgements.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by sigiyaya(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
Bonapart:
i recommend the bible for you
ok thanks
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by megley(f): 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
I guess this should serve as a warning to men from that region. They're well aware of the tradition of the land. The 'victim' can't argue himself out of this

To avoid having to pay bride price on a dead woman, marry her properly.

Alternatively, if u must 'DO', use protection so as to avoid getting her pregnant & consequently having her as ur baby-mama instead of a wife

Imagine having to pay bride price on the dead

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by makaveli902: 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2015
[color=#006600][/color] grin
onyepapa:
What's the meaning of a Nigerian man? Who post this bullihs??
As if we are expecting American Man before......
grin
onyepapa:
What's the meaning of a Nigerian man? Who post this bullihs??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
RemyMartins:

You would have just passed the thread or even input a Smiley instead of this poo!!! I am a Firstly a Nigerian from the South South Area (Niger Delta) full blooded.

Though i'm not a traditionalist but correct me if I am wrong "the woman cohabited with the man before her death" all her people want is for her brideprice to be paid so she can be given a befitting burial.

Do you think that man can claim his child if that rite is not performed?

A people's tradition defines them.

Lemme use a little example. If you go to a drink joint and you are served a bottle of drink and in the process of you using cork screw the bottle of drink slips and shatter, wont you pay for the drink?

If my brain dey my shoe, then keep on wearing your slippers
no mind them.

Their own sense is not common.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by athaboi(f): 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
musafat:
:oI'm sawi to say, dahs y I dnt lyk igbos at all . So cruel
u dont need to say sorry because u r highly irrelevant to igbo race. An average igbo man doesnt knw that pple like u exist, we are busy with our hustle and dont even knw that there is something like nairaland. God keep blessing us and pple like u will only keep hating. My dear u r irrelevant

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Luckygurl(f): 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
tevinsolt:

dumb traditions everywhere. regardless the child is not owned by one but both of the parents......the child is a result of the 50/50 fusion of each party's gamete. that is the scientific fact. Culture was defined by people, it is stupid to let traditions decided by ancient men to control one's approach to life in this age where so much information is available to us to make wise and well informed judgement.

I get your point

Some of these traditions are barbaric and devilish and should be scraped but some of them are aimed at maintaining law and order in the society. Those in these category should be upheld and not allowed to go in extinction.

Getting married lawfully in the traditional way is one of those aimed at maintaining sanity in our society and it's only right we uphold this.

I see no reason why the man won't pay her bride price while he's still alive and the parents of the girl insisting the man's family pay the bride price serves as a deterrent to other guys that might decide to toll that path.
They'll have to pay it while still alive knowing fully well that even if they die it still would be paid.

This way, we maintain sanity and order reducing the rate people enjoy osho free without fulfilling what is involved.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by vickylala239: 5:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
exlink10:
By Ogochukwu Anioke

The family of a deceased woman has suspended her burial rites until her ‘husband’ who she was cohabiting with performs her wedding rites. The woman Chinyere Mbam was been bitten to death by a snake while returning from the wake-keep of her friend, Oge Ogashi who passed on.

She was taken to a traditional healing home in the area for treatment and thereafter back to the husband’s home where she gave up the ghost when she could not respond to the treatment.

Her uncle, Ishiali Ikwe confirmed her death.

But the deceased’s family have mandated his ‘husband’ Stephen Mbam of Enyi Igwe village Ezzainyimagu community in Izzi local government area of Ebonyi State, to carry out her traditional marriage rites before she is buried. It was gathered that the woman had been co-habiting with Stephen for three years and their relationship produced a child even though he did not fulfill her marriage rites.

According to the Uncle, the family has put the burial on hold until Mbam performs traditional marriage on the deceased. He further said that Mbam’s family, in line with the tradition of the land, have scheduled a date for payment of the bride price to be preceded by the wedding.

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/10/nigerian-man-forced-to-marry-dead-wife.html#sthash.LFVUbRQE.dpuf

This is shhhit dem for Wait taya.d body for rotten.

D child will find Mi wen d tym cuts,afterall I didn't force ur daughter to Co habit wit Mi.

This is rubbbbish, let's assume d gel n d guy was abroad So,Wat will hppn.

Dem Neva jam guys Whr no send.

If dis kind tin hppn I go happy die,Cuz d xpenses for burial Whr I for spend is cut short.

I for Jst travel out,wen deir senses r Bck dem go find Mi to skool d boi
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Gabaleve(m): 6:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
neocortex:

Dumb ass, you can keep ranting from your cave for all I care.
Instead of you to concentrate on regaining back your lost
sense of identity you are compounding your problems further
by attacking progressive cultures.
SMH.
progressive culture indeed..ur big head is so empty...when such happens to u,make sure u dnt only pay bride price,buy d corpse a wedding gown as wel..idiot...u even look like person wey dey bleep dead body
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by onyepapa(m): 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
makaveli902:
[color=#006600][/color] grin
grin
the shiit post pass mi power oo
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Comfort01(f): 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
mathskill:

Does that remove the fact it is weird? Marriage rites after death,for goodness sake.
Everyone in that community was comfortable the couple lived together without marriage and bore a child outside wedlock but are shouting their heads off about
Marriage after a woman dies.

I beg that as weird a culture can be

Who told u they live in d same community

Stop talking nonsense, every single tribe have one nonsense tradition that is scary n uncalled for, including your tribe so relax ur self.
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by mathskill: 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
chuna1985:

Who told u they live in d same community

Stop talking nonsense, every single tribe have one nonsense tradition that is scary n uncalled for, including your tribe so relax ur self.

Stop supporting stone age culture in the 21st century i beg
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2015
DikeOha882:
Sharap there, its an Igbo tradition and we do it inmy own part of Igbo land
don't mind them, people pretending all over, I'm from an Anam bra and it's common in my town, as a matter of fact , even some father's are taking precaution by going to pay bride price on the girl their son is cohabitibg with, even when they live far from home, especially if she is pregnant.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
mathskill:

Stop supporting stone age culture in the 21st century i beg

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by picoba(m): 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
[size=48pt]
The entire community that demand for traditional marriage needs deliverance

[/size]
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by heardis: 10:33pm On Oct 12, 2015
See this niger delta fowl abusing biafra by saying nigeria will benefit more all because of one tradition amongs y in that region. Make I ask the toad, shey edo no get their own for body Wey them must bury woman for her papa compound. You must be a monkey.
RemyMartins:

Do you think that man can claim his child if that rite is not performed?

A people's tradition defines them.

Lemme use a little example. If you go to a drink joint and you are served a bottle of drink and in the process of you using cork screw the bottle of drink slips and shatter, wont you pay for the drink?

If my brain dey my shoe, then keep on wearing your slippers
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Ranoscky(m): 11:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
Fearcom:

Our traditions are barbaric. Before Mary Selessor came twins were being thrown into an evil forest. In some places even now Widows are made to drink water used to wash the corpse of their dead husbands and their hair is shaved off. So if this woman had been co-habiting with a foreigner overseas and her body is sent home the foreigner will be made to come to Nigeria and made to do burial rites, shee? Satanic cultures and traditions hold people in bondage. Wake up and get free
Try reading before commenting.

The woman's family as a matter of tradition still owns
the woman and her child and the woman will be buried in her fathers compound because the man did not pay bride price.
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by kingsfield(m): 12:14am On Oct 13, 2015
[quote author=chaz007 post=38908182]They really want to impose the 'widower' title on him.

Oh well, he shld do as demanded, cos I'm sure he pays before eating in "mama put's canteen"[/quote
remain blessed sis!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / "My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Forceful Sex & Beating" - Wife Tells Court / My 4-Year-Old Niece Loves To Perceive Horrific Scents. Is This Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.