Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable (34337 Views)

Man Forced Into An Arranged Marriage At 24 Shares How He Ends The Marriage / Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife / Father Caught Daughter With Her Boyfriend In Ebonyi Having Sex (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
mathskill:

Her people were blind all these years that she was cohabiting with the said man. There was no outcry from her people even when she gave birth out of wedlock.
Her people now demand for marriage after her death.

Who are the people

For the record, lemme educate some fooools whose mind have started going to several stupidd places because of this thread.

The woman's family as a matter of tradition still owns the woman and her child and the woman will be buried in her fathers compound (because the man did not pay bride price) so the man is now begging to keep the child and also to get the woman back to his own fathers house to bury her there.

The woman's family Wil not halt proceedings of burying her when the guy agrees to do her full marriage rites in death........If he does so, He can now take the child as his own n also get the woman buried in his place.

Finally, it costs av average of 200k to complete a woman's marriage rites in igbo land.....
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Luckygurl(f): 1:11pm On Oct 12, 2015
midehi2:
when bride price is like 'whooping' how will a common man marry.....mtcheeeeeew tradition

I beg to disagree..
Money can't be the problem here more especially when the lady has given birth.

In my villa, as far as the lady has had children for the man, the bride price is reduced to the least amount possible....
Funny but true...

This happens every other time, two people cohabiting with kids involved. Not as if they are rich but doing well for themselves, yet to pay bride price na big wahala..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 12, 2015
viktor01:
Ibo and their culture. Am sure that man would be made to pay through his anus, In his next life, he will take to his heels on hearing the name Ebonyi.
Chai...! this is what the English man calls "hot-okro soup".

For the record, lemme educate some fooools whose mind have started going to several stupidd places because of this thread.

The woman's family as a matter of tradition still owns the woman and her child and the woman will be buried in her fathers compound (because the man did not pay bride price) so the man is now begging to keep the child and also to get the woman back to his own fathers house to bury her there.

The woman's family Wil not halt proceedings of burying her when the guy agrees to do her full marriage rites in death........If he does so, He can now take the child as his own n also get the woman buried in his place.

Finally, it costs av average of 200k to complete a woman's marriage rites in igbo land.....
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by gohzieh(m): 1:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
I believe the title of this thread dosent befit the situation. It Is anormal thing to do. You have to perform some kind of rite on her head to signify she is your wife. So I don't think its a cause for plenty alarm.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by nkemdi89(f): 1:21pm On Oct 12, 2015
either the man isn't serious to marry her or he is very poor because ebony has one of the cheapest bride price in Nigeria with 20k you can marry a woman comfortable in that place.
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
Some peoples comment is quit disgusting!!
Where are you children of hates when 9 people where stoned to death for blasphemy in kano?
Lekwa nu mu!! Unu olo na ana atutu nwanyi atutu??
Proudly Ebonyian!!!
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Fearcom(m): 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
RemyMartins:

You would have just passed the thread or even input a Smiley instead of this poo!!! I am a Firstly a Nigerian from the South South Area (Niger Delta) full blooded.

Though i'm not a traditionalist but correct me if I am wrong "the woman cohabited with the man before her death" all her people want is for her brideprice to be paid so she can be given a befitting burial.

Our tradition is who we are. Forget the shiiii we are borrowing from the west.

Crucify me if you wish. IT IS FINISHED

Our traditions are barbaric. Before Mary Selessor came twins were being thrown into an evil forest. In some places even now Widows are made to drink water used to wash the corpse of their dead husbands and their hair is shaved off. So if this woman had been co-habiting with a foreigner overseas and her body is sent home the foreigner will be made to come to Nigeria and made to do burial rites, shee? Satanic cultures and traditions hold people in bondage. Wake up and get free
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by fromnigeria(m): 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
exlink10:

I strongly believe this happens everywhere. Any tribe that permits a man and woman to cohabit without any rite and produce children, must imbibe this tradition, because pratically, the lady didn't die a single.

Its not new to me
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by musafat(f): 1:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ehya , I dnt v spare tym for ppl lyk u cuz my tym is money. Go to hell. So sawi
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by viktor01(m): 1:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
Luckygurl:

I beg to disagree..
Money can't be the problem here more especially when the lady has given birth.

In my villa, as far as the lady has had children for the man, the bride price is reduced to the least amount possible....
Funny but true...

This happens every other time, two people cohabiting with kids involved. Not as if they are rich but doing well for themselves, yet to pay bride price na big wahala..

What's the name of that your village again make I know whether na where my Ifeoma come from.
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Rotimi47: 1:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
And they say they ain't fetish!
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by LLVelly: 1:44pm On Oct 12, 2015
Some girls are so fooli$h, they will leave their parents house to anoda man's house for nothing...now she's dead. Most of nowadays girls are guilty of this...If the man trully love her,he should've marry her long ago.
...and to the one's that wants to make it a tribal issue,is it to bury the woman on the man's compound when they are not legally married. People should make use of their senses.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Luckygurl(f): 1:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
viktor01:

What's the name of that your village again make I know whether na where my Ifeoma come from.

Why?

So you'll get her pregnant and pay some little dough as bride price grin grin

Ify! Run as fast as your legs can carry you oo cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Amiano(m): 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
chuna1985:

To sum extent u at right bt in my place even if u pay her bride in life or death she must b buried in her fathers compound.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by onismate: 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
Fmartin:
When and where is the marriage rites gonna take place? Can't miss d jollof rice nd oda foods.......RIP to d dead wife.
the marriage rites would take place in beyond 6ft hell of umuocha fire
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Gabaleve(m): 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
neocortex:

Why are you so childish ?
oga chemist hw am i being childish?
Instead make u mind ur bizniss,u dey pokenose...dats y e go tey before u progress
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by theDEVILisHERE: 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
It's in their right to do this
Cohibiting is senseless and wrong
Marry the person or you both go your seperate ways

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by onyepapa(m): 2:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
Teempakguy:
hey . . . chill down, dude.
fucck you
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by hope4nigeria(m): 2:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
RemyMartins:

You would have just passed the thread or even input a Smiley instead of this poo!!! I am a Firstly a Nigerian from the South South Area (Niger Delta) full blooded.

Though i'm not a traditionalist but correct me if I am wrong "the woman cohabited with the man before her death" all her people want is for her brideprice to be paid so she can be given a befitting burial.

enter grave yard now and be buried along, yeye tradition. sombody died, and you r talking of bride price for befiting burial, why did you put your brain for shoe dey mach am. ode

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Mbediogu(m): 2:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
RemyMartins:

The man above you did not merit your considerate and sensible response. It would have been better if you ignored him and allowed him to sort it out with his factory - fitted naivety. You wasted your precious time trying to educate a man that failed teachers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by sonnie10: 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2015
Fearcom:

Our traditions are barbaric. Before Mary Selessor came twins were being thrown into an evil forest. In some places even now Widows are made to drink water used to wash the corpse of their dead husbands and their hair is shaved off. So if this woman had been co-habiting with a foreigner overseas and her body is sent home the foreigner will be made to come to Nigeria and made to do burial rites, shee? Satanic cultures and traditions hold people in bondage. Wake up and get free

Every society has checks and balances to bring justices and equity to it's people. The whole essence is to make people responsible for their actions and to bring fair closure to all parties who otherwise might have felt slitted. In the western countries you referred to, a parallel could be drawn with these practices; if you have a child with a woman out of wedlock, the court would force you to pay child support until the child is 21 (True for Nigeria but not enforced). Again, have you heard of the word Alimony? This is money you continue to pay a woman who was once regarded as you wife, and you are to pay this money till death.

So it is not punishment, just a practice which gives value and recognizes the importance of family (both nuclear and extended) in every relationship.
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by NICENEDU29: 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2015
akins56:
cave people, am not surprised.
I am sure you have no home. You are a common destitute who sleep under the bridges along the highways. I am not even sure your father has been able to acquire a common pin, let alone other property, or even to build the cheapest mod house with thatched roof. Oh! what a shame. Other diseases affecting other people may be curable but your foolishness and shamelessness can never be cured. Fool.
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by sigiyaya(m): 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2015
Bonapart:
They all need Christ
You are really stupid. Church don enter you head abi fool
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by wisdomguy4u(m): 2:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
I don't know of other tribes tradition, but in some parts of Igboland, a child born out of wedlock belongs to the woman and should bear her name, until the man pays her bride price and do other marriage rites as required by tradition.

The deceased family is only insisting the man pay their daughter's bride price b4 he can claim the child he got with her. If the man refuse to pay her bride price, then he had waved his right of the child. The Child will be taken by the girl's family.

Had it been the man got no child with the deceased woman, the decease family wouldn't have ask for a marriage rite from the man.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Bimpe29: 2:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
Arrant nonsense I call it.
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by funkyglitz: 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
I was opportuned to serve there and Ebonyians dey beef themselves,there is this segregation and hatred among themselves ad their culture plenty as for co habiting with a man is jxt lyk a norm for them and civilisation is so backward
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by neocortex: 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
Gabaleve:

oga chemist hw am i being childish?
Instead make u mind ur bizniss,u dey pokenose...dats y e go tey before u progress

Dumb ass, you can keep ranting from your cave for all I care.
Instead of you to concentrate on regaining back your lost
sense of identity you are compounding your problems further
by attacking progressive cultures.
SMH.
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by babafirst(m): 2:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
RemyMartins:

I think it's perfectly ok,it will restore some pride to the lady though dead.A lot of guys are just co-habiting with babes and even having kids without doing the needful.A lot of people will blame the lady but I won't blame her.I think it is right the marriage is taking place.Nothing sinister about it.
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by hope4nigeria(m): 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
RemyMartins:

Do you think that man can claim his child if that rite is not

performed?

A people's tradition defines them.

Lemme use a little example. If you go to a drink joint and you are served a bottle of drink and in the process of you using cork screw the bottle of drink slips and shatter, wont you pay for the drink?

If my brain dey my shoe, then keep on wearing your slippers
you see Asinwin, ."coke,botle,dead woman, burial, broken botle,a man, , bride price! how do they corespond. guy. sorry you no get sence at all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by erico2k2(m): 2:59pm On Oct 12, 2015
Fearcom:

Have you wondered about the tradition of the English people? Or you think they do not have one?
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable by Drabrah(m): 3:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
exlink10:
By Ogochukwu Anioke

The family of a deceased woman has suspended her burial rites until her ‘husband’ who she was cohabiting with performs her wedding rites. The woman Chinyere Mbam was been bitten to death by a snake [/b]while returning from the wake-keep of her friend, Oge Ogashi who passed on.

[b]She was taken to a traditional healing home in the area for treatment and thereafter back to the husband’s home where she gave up the ghost when she could not respond to the treatment.

Her uncle, Ishiali Ikwe confirmed her death.

But the deceased’s family have mandated his ‘husband’ Stephen Mbam of Enyi Igwe village Ezzainyimagu community in Izzi local government area of Ebonyi State, to carry out her traditional marriage rites before she is buried. It was gathered that the woman had been co-habiting with Stephen for three years and their relationship produced a child even though he did not fulfill her marriage rites.

According to the Uncle, the family has put the burial on hold until Mbam performs traditional marriage on the deceased. He further said that Mbam’s family, in line with the tradition of the land, have scheduled a date for payment of the bride price to be preceded by the wedding.

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/10/nigerian-man-forced-to-marry-dead-wife.html#sthash.LFVUbRQE.dpuf

See d cost of ignorance! Instead of taking a snakebite victim 2 d hospital 2 receive Antisnake venom & other care, she's taken 2 traditional care.
Mtchewwws

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. / I Have Phobia For Pregnant Women. / Should I Marry This Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.